Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    They should only make belf paladin and draenei shaman boostable. And they should do it asap so I don't have to level a pally again.

My guess is they know a lot of people will level them and it’s a good way to get people to spend a lot of time in the game.

I’d imagine they figured out that it’s a better way to make money than just selling boosts initially.

Quote Originally Posted by koltec View Post
    because people wanted classic leveling blood elf or draini was part of BC classic, theres 2 weeek prepatch to leveling your toons to 60 more than enough time
    As I mentioned in a previous thread... it's not enough time for someone who has a job and family. I hit 14 earlier today lol.

Because players that fall asleep at their keyboards auto attacking mobs while leveling as a paladin still count as a MAU

Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    Yea and then those people pay for a race change at a later date and blizzard wins twice.
    and thats exackly blizzard goal.

you know perfecly well a lot of people will do exacly that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Because players that fall asleep at their keyboards auto attacking mobs while leveling as a paladin still count as a MAU
    at least you dont have to sit and drink every 2nd mob as mage :P

because blizzard doesnt want you to.

I dont know. If you're alliance you can boost 2 races with a pally. If you're horde you can boost 2 races with shaman.

Sounds pretty equal to me.... If you want to boost a pally or shaman, just boost the original races that had them in vanilla.

If your friend played the opposite faction, tell them they're moronic for not future proofing their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    I dont know. If you're alliance you can boost 2 races with a pally. If you're horde you can boost 2 races with shaman.

Sounds pretty equal to me.... If you want to boost a pally or shaman, just boost the original races that had them in vanilla.

If your friend played the opposite faction, tell them they're moronic for not future proofing their decision.
    Horde has 3 races no?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Well, if he/she earned those money (or parents/spouse gave it to him/her), it's completely his/her choice to do as he/she likes. I also find it silly to spend 500 bucks on virtual game, but it's everyone's choice in the end.
    There are people who would spend $10k on Candy Crush....

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post
    that fine in a Vacum. but here is an fact. The level boost is an thing.
    and when it is a thing, it does not make sense, what if he want to main one? People working, dont have time to level a BE / Dreanie to 60 in 2 weeks.
    And they didn't have any time originally. They're in a better place than they were the first time around, sorry it isn't enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Cool you're allowing boosts so new players can join their friends. But they want to play blood elf or be a paladin on horde side?

Just allow the boost. Why make it difficult.
    Cause its nice to open up for that option down the road if they want to. Cash in on the boosts now, cash in on more boosts later.

For everyone saying "ITS ONLY 1 BOOST PR ACCOUNT" - yeah sure it is. Until it isnt.

I give it 2 months for the Belf/Draenei restriction to be lifted and 6 months for the cap to be removed.

I’d like to believe they won’t bring in a 70 boost before the end of TBC but to say I’m skeptical is an understatement.

I have fun with WoW, but all this MTX in vanilla versions of the game has really rubbed me the wrong way; And it’s not even Blizzard that annoys me the most, it’s the players defending and promoting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Cool you're allowing boosts so new players can join their friends. But they want to play blood elf or be a paladin on horde side?

Just allow the boost. Why make it difficult.
    You just can't take the "retail" out of the retail player...no matter what game they play. Because if you could then you'd be skipping TBC leveling content since you get a specific zone that comes with TBC. Just play the damned game and stop being so lazy/entitled.
    Maybe they were right when they said "you think you do but you don't just not for the right reasons.
    This retail mentality of "gimme gimme gimme NOW!!!" is why we wanted classic to begin with. And here is the same infection spreading right into it from the retail crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Because they don't want you skipping over the new leveling zones, presumably.

Not allowing boosts isn't going to solve that lmao
    True, but it will make it worse if people can skip 58 levels of leveling. TBC itself nerfed the xp needed to level from 20-60 and increased the XP quests give. Quests that used to give 5,800 XP now give over 9,000.
    So leveling was made easier for people when TBC pre-patch dropped. And the new races get 2 weeks to level this time when last time they couldn't start until the portal opened. But...it's 2021 and people somehow don't have time to level...but have time to do everything else afterwards. Go figure.
    Leveling takes as long as the person makes it...and the fact that they just want to skip it only shows exactly what crowd we have going into TBC. It's going to get a hell of a lot worse when wrath pops.
    Know what's worse then wrath babies back in the day? Wrath babies who are now Dads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I give it 2 months for the Belf/Draenei restriction to be lifted and 6 months for the cap to be removed.

I’d like to believe they won’t bring in a 70 boost before the end of TBC but to say I’m skeptical is an understatement.

I have fun with WoW, but all this MTX in vanilla versions of the game has really rubbed me the wrong way; And it’s not even Blizzard that annoys me the most, it’s the players defending and promoting it.
    I think the 70 boost would happen when Wrath classic is about to drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I originally thought the issue was they didn't want Horde Paladins + Alliance Shaman running around instantly at level 58, for whatever reasons. Balance? Immersion? Not sure. That surely did not stop the in-game gold boosters as literally day 2 of pre-patch there were level 60 Horde Paladins + level 60 Alliance Shaman running around.