Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd have her kill Nathanos in darkshore instead of him just running away, achieving little, and then dieing and being discarded by the plot anyway.

Otherwise I like the idea of her going down with Sylv, both chars have had their run. Her being gone would also start a new milestone of character development for Illidan and Malfurion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Tyrande kills Nathanos in Darkshore with the Night Warrior powers. He doesn't really do anything the rest of the expansion.

In Shadowlands she stays the same, but in the new patch, instead of failing to stop Sylvanas, she manages to banish her back into the Maw. She then helps us defeat her in the raid encounter after losing the NW powers

I think that's satisfying.

What I hate is the idea that Tyrande could and should solo the Horde with her new powers. Why? How? Do you know how many God-powered mortals we've killed? How many 'gods' we've killed? How many Loa? How many Wild Gods?

Why would Tyrande with Elune's powers be more special than Ursoc or Cenarius, who are actual Wild Gods?
    When does that happen? I thought only Thrall and Jaina were there to help us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    He is still the main reason behind all those Nathanos x Sylvannas fanfiction, the guy has a boner for a goth chick and he seems the type who will do anything to put his fanfic influence in official wow
    He is the type of guy who has a body pillow of his favorite fictional character, and he has power to implement his ideas in wow, sorry he is mostly the one behind all this shit we see
    Did they clip his presence? Mostly, he probably was forced to shove lot of his fiction ideas up to his ass after he became - an earned and well deserved - target of hate of many wow players, but to claim a guy like him didn't have the biggest impact in his waifu story is ignorance, he is at least responsible for most BFA story about Sylvannas and i'd also add he is reason why she became so OP that she broke Bolvar helmet without a sweat, he is mostly restrained in further BFA story but up to that point I'm willing to bet my life on that
    There is no way a guy with a waifu pillow suddenly in position he can make his waifu the ultimate of everything and not try his best to force as many of those ideas as possible
    If i get hired by blizz for example I have clear bias against wow humans, imo a deserved one since i hate how wow story is more and more sucking human dicks from both factions
    Eh, that's debatable. He made a dumb Tweet that's been meme'd and undergone mimetic mutation to all hell - whether that translates into fanaticism for Sylvanas or what have you I have no idea, I don't really know the man and I don't tend to speculate on the state of the boudoirs of strangers. Danuser as a leader has made decisions about WoW's lore I disagree with, such as the whole "the Shadowlands encompass all of the multiverse," which is a repeat of the can of worms WoD opened with the whole "the Twisting Nether encompasses all of the multiverse" black hole. But my disagreements with his management decisions don't translate into hatred of the man, or a desire to assassinate his character on the Internet. Suffice it to say, I personally don't care that much.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I thought its goal was to show that Tyrande got consumed by desire of vengeance so hard she will pay any price to kill Sylvannas in revenge, that was the shown goal
    Sure, but Tyrande is never shown to pay any price.

He bone even negotiates with Trall and forgives Sira. At what point does he pay "something" in addition to doing the ritual.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    True, but nowhere is it stated that "fine" is a ringing endorsement of the story, either - unless your bar for praise is set really, really low.
    Since MMO-C values ignorance, I can't post a definition of "fine" to show why this is crap without giving you opportunity to win via infraction. I invite you to look up the word though.

I also don't really think the Night Warrior arc qualifies anywhere near "the bulk of the story," either, so most of the above is a convenient strawman on your part.
    We were discussing the Night Warrior story, not the entire Warcraft story. Kindly don't play dumb or pedantic. There is no strawman here.

I think the story would've been improved by giving Tyrande an actual resolution concerning her vendetta against Sylvanas, said resolution concerning itself with the raid (where Sylvanas is scheduled to appear).
    Improved, sure. Fine no. Oh, but wait you didn't explicitly state whether you meant the Night Warrior arc or the entire Warcraft story! Holding you to your own standard, I should accuse you of a strawman here. Won't though, because I don't hide behind pretending not to understand context.

Ain't my job to re-write the story, nor do I care to.
    Are you aware of the topic of this thread?

*You* mentioned Blightcaller for some reason
    Because facing him twice is about all Tyrande has actually done with the power.

I never claimed that Nathanos was empowered by the Jailer, either;
    Then why did you speculate about Sylvie's empowerment by the Jailer in response to my criticism about Nathanos? At best, non sequitur. At worst, an evasion.

but Tyrande seemed to handle him quite handily. Nathanos doesn't seem any worse for wear at the beginning of the cut-scene in which Tyrande defeats him, laughing at the assembled raid until she pegs him to the Marris Stead with a single arrow. Empowered or no, it was a much better showing than the initial one at Darkshore.
    This still doesn't address the disparity between us being TOLD the Night Warrior power can solo an Old God and Tyrande having trouble with a zombie with a bow.

I also never made the claim that the story was written great, or even well - you tried to do that for me via the same strawman tactics as always
    As a notable opponent of mine likes to say, words have meanings. You claimed it was "fine".
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Eh, that's debatable. He made a dumb Tweet
    1- he made many tweets, he only stopped them after getting attacked, some of them were quite old btw by time they got general knowledge, u don't work today, implement ur ideas today
    for example Ghostcrawler was hired mid-wrath, but by that time general wrath outline was already made, cata + are his ideas, wrath isn't even if he was game manager at that time, that's why i see him as crap game designer, also at least on human side he was a great human, something Ion is crap in both
    2- u ignoring he is the type who has body pillow... having figurine start to make it questionable about ur favorism, most fans still cling to the wolf rider statue in front of blizz HQ as clear horde bias (which may been true during wc3, with how vastly they improved orcs and in same time ruin humans, but that's 20 years old story)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

u really don't like how alliance won every major war, are only supreme power of azeroth, have more lands under their control, and u get to fuck horde on weekly basis too in a raid that every warrior at least raided it to death for transmog?
    what exactly did horde get better treatment to want to go horde exactly? or for that matter any non-human race in wow on both sides?
    Also u really using genocide card against horde, when alliance tried to kill every living belf twice, every goblin of kezan for just exist, every darkspear troll for just exist (they were literally in an island in middle of sea, what alliance do? let's kill them for dare to exist in their own island in middle of nowhere), every forsaken for dare to die and getting rezzed against their own will by lich king then break free? and that counting current alliance, we not talking about the actual only successful genocide in azeroth by also alliance hands against trolls everywhere to take their empires as their own
    Yeah horde say kill, but alliance are way better and more efficient in it
    This nonsense only deserves:
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    1- he made many tweets, he only stopped them after getting attacked, some of them were quite old btw by time they got general knowledge, u don't work today, implement ur ideas today
    for example Ghostcrawler was hired mid-wrath, but by that time general wrath outline was already made, cata + are his ideas, wrath isn't even if he was game manager at that time, that's why i see him as crap game designer, also at least on human side he was a great human, something Ion is crap in both
    2- u ignoring he is the type who has body pillow... having figurine start to make it questionable about ur favorism, most fans still cling to the wolf rider statue in front of blizz HQ as clear horde bias (which may been true during wc3, with how vastly they improved orcs and in same time ruin humans, but that's 20 years old story)
    I only hear the one Tweet being repeated over and over - but regardless, I would say dumb Tweets probably aren't the best metric for judging a person you don't actually know. Ghostcrawler is also another totemic figure who basically served as a hate-magnet in his day, an unfortunate outcome of being the public face that interfaced with the WoW community. Ion now gets the same treatment when it comes to the game systems of WoW. But neither of these people were or are actually the sole determinants of what WoW is at any given time, either. WoW is the product of a large team of writers, developers, and marketers all working in tandem. Enterprise development doesn't work like you and a lot of people want to think it does, and none of these individuals function unilaterally or beyond oversight themselves. I don't really think WoW has a Horde or an Alliance bias, to be honest - bias is a function of the players, the developers just have a bias toward the overall success of their IP (both in a popular and financial sense).

This is also starting to venture far from the thread's purpose, which is about the Night Warrior story-arc and not Danuser specifically or how companies function as a whole.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    This nonsense only deserves
    The only two of the six are bad, the rest i don't see any problem with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    The only two of the six are bad, the rest i don't see any problem with them.
    Oh I'm aware of the slight inaccuracies, but the pure propaganda I was replying to isn't worth the entire book I'd have to write to refute it all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'm aware of the slight inaccuracies, but the pure propaganda I was replying to isn't worth the entire book I'd have to write to refute it all.
    You know i didn't even really read what the other guy wrote and damn you're right.

Remember when Maiev could summon the Avatar of Vengeance...

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Remember when Maiev could summon the Avatar of Vengeance...
    As far as is known, it still can.
    What's more, now he can summon the avatar of the revenge of others (Summons the fallen in teldrazzil)

I mean it looks like Maiev can just call out the souls that are supposed to be in the jaws.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I would've had Tyrande kill Sylvanas and die after by being consumed by the powers of the Nightwarrior.

Sylvanas gets her just desserts
    Tyrande gets her vengeance/retribution

Players get robbed of the kill but when don't we.
    I like this, why is it that users on an 3rd party internet forum can create better story lines that all of blizzard? so sad

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    heh funny
    hey it is true we did try to kill every single living of entire 4 races, we actually did a successful genocide (only successful one in entire azeroth history), but horde is evil because he actually tried to do so but failed, not to mention horde did actually try to kill all living humans once and failed
    of course horde are evil, i can see it clearly, they only did 1/4 of what alliance did
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Even when I first started playing WoW and made my NE druid I couldn't stand her once I started getting into the game. She's always came across as weak and whiny. Then she started getting more whiny as Malfurion came into the picture and over the past few expansions she's been completely cringe every time she's been involved in story. "Where are you Malfurion, answer me!" "Where are you Tyrande? I need you" "Hold on my love. I am near." "Malfurion my love, where are you?" Any of those phrases ring a bell and make you cringe?
    So... basically Sylvanas but without plot armor and used as a mockery, gotcha.

Wonder why people hate banshee? She is about as annoying as you describe Tyrande but she also never humbled, defeated or even surprised, seemingly having meta knowledge of her plot status.

Becomes a day warrior.

Truly groundbreaking.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    "Where are you Malfurion, answer me!" "Where are you Tyrande? I need you" "Hold on my love. I am near." "Malfurion my love, where are you?" Any of those phrases ring a bell and make you cringe?
    Lololol that part is cringe worthy enough on its own, but to me it still isn't as bad as when she was lectured by the Anime King in MoP about patience and military tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Lololol that part is cringe worthy enough on its own, but to me it still isn't as bad as when she was lectured by the Anime King in MoP about patience and military tactics
    Well, horde was lectured by a human king’s retarded kid on honour. So...

5+ Year Old Account
    He is still the main reason behind all those Nathanos x Sylvannas fanfiction, the guy has a boner for a goth chick and he seems the type who will do anything to put his fanfic influence in official wow.
    Actually, while it's pretty clear that this Danuser guy has some... um, strong connection to Sylv, the one writing her since MoP was Afrasiabi, all the way until his unceremonious departure (for reasons unknown) near the end of BfA. It's also worth mentioning that Afrasiabi was Danuser's predecessor as lead writer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Well, horde was lectured by a human king’s retarded kid on honour. So...
    Yeah, don't make me remember that part, one of the oldest, highest ranking military officers in the Horde needed to be psychoanalised by a blonde Gary Stu, because evidently there was nobody else to discuss the long-standing historical issues of the Horde with.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.