Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When can we expect 9.1 to be released?

Being realistic. People say it usually comes 2months after PTR but since TBC is being launched at the start of june... i wouldn't be so sure.

Probably last week of August right?

Late July/early August is what a lot of people seem to be expecting. Given the wait between launch & 9.1, it feels like this has to be the best x.1 patch in history, or at the very least comparable with the best. Anything less than that will just be too much of a disappointment to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Late July/early August is what a lot of people seem to be expecting. Given the wait between launch & 9.1, it feels like this has to be the best x.1 patch in history, or at the very least comparable with the best. Anything less than that will just be too much of a disappointment to handle.
    lets be fair,; no matter how good people will complain about it. and boy, cant i want until the "when is 9.2 releasing?" questions start. considering 6-7 months is the usual wait time between patches (the first is usually the shortest) we arent seeing 9.2 until January/feb 2022 at the earliest.

and tbc getting pushed out 6/12 unexpectedly tells me that we likely will see 9.1 right after 7/4 holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    lets be fair,; no matter how good people will complain about it. and boy, cant i want until the "when is 9.2 releasing?" questions start. considering 6-7 months is the usual wait time between patches (the first is usually the shortest) we arent seeing 9.2 until January/feb 2022 at the earliest.

and tbc getting pushed out 6/12 unexpectedly tells me that we likely will see 9.1 right after 7/4 holiday.
    Oh for sure people will always complain, but given the length of time 9.1 is taking compared to previous x.1 patches, it needs to be a home-run for me. While I sympathize with Blizzard & how difficult the transition to WFH can be, it doesn't change the fact that WoW is competing for my time with countless other games, and a long wait followed by disappointment wouldn't be something easily recovered from.

I still think Shadowlands is a solid expansion with a lot of potential, but 9.1 will be a big determining factor on whether or not that potential is realised or wasted. Fingers crossed it's great

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I distinctly remember someone saying in either a youtube video or a post here maybe that someone who works for NetEase had said that 9.1 was dropping 1st July. That is a Thursday but Asian realms reset is a Thursday which, if true, would put 9.1 out Tuesday 29th June - exactly 4 weeks after BC release. Now I don't know how accurate that is because fuck me I cannot remember the actual source of it but after reading it it did sound legit. There might've been a screenshot, I honestly can't remember

edit it: found it https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...n-china-rumor/
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2021-05-18 at 12:00 PM.

They are bleeding subs every day. If they want any chance of survival they better release by end of June. They are already testing the Mythic raid bosses, so there really isn't an excuse to prolong this to August. Be serious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    Being realistic. People say it usually comes 2months after PTR but since TBC is being launched at the start of june... i wouldn't be so sure.

TBC Classic is a different team. Nor are they main franchise, so do not think their schedule is going to be considered too much.

I believe mid to end of June.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Somewhere during July is my guess. Late June at its earliest, August at its latest. I just hope they don't rush out the patch and just let the freshness of Classic TBC sink in.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Taking everything into consideration, my guess is June 29th. Raid on 13th July.

5+ Year Old Account

Historically, PTR lasts 2-3 months. Therefore, you can expect 9.1 to arrive anytime between mid June and mid July.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    TBC Classic is a different team. Nor are they main franchise, so do not think their schedule is going to be considered too much.

I believe mid to end of June.
    I think the reasoning here is that Blizzard would want to space out their own releases in order to keep players around for longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    They are bleeding subs every day. If they want any chance of survival they better release by end of June. They are already testing the Mythic raid bosses, so there really isn't an excuse to prolong this to August. Be serious
    It's ok for people to take a break from WoW, healthy even.
    It's ok that there's a on season and an off season for WoW.

Literally, just take a break and play some other games, when we get closer to the new patch, I know I'll be renewing my sub for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iflash View Post
    I think the reasoning here is that Blizzard would want to space out their own releases in order to keep players around for longer.
    True in a way but with the addition of Classic, Blizzard now has two player bases to please.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yup and mythic raiding have tons of bugs and not to mention there is little to no class balancing or tuning some class are in the dumpster and there is not one single patch notes about it in PTR. Class like hunter, monks, DK and to some spec like needs major tuning yet nothing. Not even blanket buff.

Also there are no notes to m+ like is there going to be ilvl increase how will people upgrade the items ect ect. Coz now m+ drop can get upgrade to 220 with the great vault giving out 226. If this does not get address there is going to even a more ilvl gap between raiding and m+ right now m+ is one ilvl lower than mythic raiding which seems fair. But with new raid in 9.1 and even 9.2 if m+ drops stays the same it will be a very unbalance. So blizzard will need to up the ilvl on m+ but with the valor system and the great vault it isn't easy to do so. I mean will get make the same gear drop from m+ but now you can upgrade to a higher ivl with valor? That would be bad since in 9.0.5 they added valor and make everyone to refarm their gear so they upgrade them with valor. Are they going to do the same thing? Basically all the gear we work in 9.0.5 will be useless just like before 9.0.5? If they do that then I am done with WoW and I am sure many will do the same. We already have to farm our BiS in 9.0.5 and now we have to do it again in 9.1 and 9.2 for the exact same time?
    Valor points was fail from the start it should be badge gear like from BC and Warth. Is much easier to update and add higher ilvl gear you can buy with badge.

I think is safe to say they aren't even 30% done with patch 9.1. Better make it a lot better than what the current PTR is now or they are going lose even more sub. I for sure won't be playing if they can't come up with a better system for m+ gear to upgrade without refarming every single slot.

i'm probably being overly pessimistic but i'm thinking september at this rate. august is probably the most realistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see most people guessing August but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it early July.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

If they want any chance of survival they better release by end of June. Be serious
    Lol... there is no risk of wow disappearing any time soon.

Just because you "cancelled your sub" or "started playing a better MMO" doesnt mean that everyone else did.

Be serious...

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Lol... there is no risk of wow disappearing any time soon.

Just because you "cancelled your sub" or "started playing a better MMO" doesnt mean that everyone else did.

Be serious...
    i love how he knows wow is bleeding subs despite the fact we have no clue how many subs wow have... but hey, he and his friends left, so wow is done

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i love how he knows wow is bleeding subs despite the fact we have no clue how many subs wow have... but hey, he and his friends left, so wow is done
    Exactly. The same type of dude that comments "Do people still play this game?" on games that came a year ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    the problem is if the raid releases much later than the patch. if it releases day 1, it's fine.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!