View Poll Results: What problem will happen?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • INSANE Server Queue

    28 19.05%
  • Error 37

    5 3.40%
  • Bugs/Exploits

    3 2.04%
  • Server Crash

    11 7.48%
  • Late on delivery maintenance times.

    89 60.54%
  • Kick off server the second you log in.

    11 7.48%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Current contenders:

    Clone issues
    Connection issues between Classic Era servers
    Auction House issues
    Store (Deluxe Edition, Clone, and Dark Portal Edition) issues
    Snapshot issues

    the store actually seems to be the most logical because, as Scelero said, there was NO public testing of it at all. But at the same time it seems the absolute stupidest thing to delay the servers coming up.
    gotta have that $$$$$ bobby
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  2. #62
    Props to Blizzard to ensuring we have the authentic classic TBC launch experience.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    100% flawless, guaranteed.
    Lesson to never say 100% or guarantee

  4. #64
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Korea and Taiwan are already up and running... guess N.America got the window licker devs?
    don't they have a different reset day than the rest of the world? I thought their reset day was Thursday so wouldn't the BC prepatch start then for them?

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Props to Blizzard to ensuring we have the authentic classic TBC launch experience.
    indeed

    /10

  6. #66
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    20,493
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Looks like an extra day of gametime will be added


    doubtful.

    The sub is for current wow. Classic is a bonus you get to play
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  7. #67
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...tenance/968539

    (in case you can't click the link)

    From Kaivax:
    No one on the WoW team that I’ve talked to this afternoon can remember a maintenance that took this long. It looks like that’s because we’ve never done anything like this in World of Warcraft, where we’re basically turning one game into two games and we need every player-character in both games to be perfectly playable as they all were just before maintenance started.

    Please know this: there’s a good reason for how long it’s taking, and our live operations team are making solid progress toward a resolution.

    There are jobs that copy data and jobs that check the integrity of data and there’s an immense amount of data to process before we even begin the steps that we take to check everything manually. It’s not possible for us to lose anything, but it is possible for us to have an issue that requires a step to be repeated. In today’s case, the step we had to start over was a big one. While performing data integrity checks on the Burning Crusade Classic and Classic Era realms, we discovered an unfortunate issue with all player mail. The nature of the issue necessitated that we restore the portion of the database that contains that information in order to ensure nothing is lost. We’ve been in progress on this restoration for quite some time, but as you can imagine, it’s a huge amount of information.

    We apologize for the delay in getting you back into Azeroth. We’re pretty sure we’ll be done in a few hours. It’s impossible to know with certainty, but our understanding of how long it’s going to take is coming into focus.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

  8. #68
    The Lightbringer SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    3,872
    Mail. of all the things...
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    Too late for Classic, too soon for WOTLK Classic
    Just in time to Burning Crusade Classic

  9. #69
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,953
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Mail. of all the things...
    it's always the things you least expect. actually thinking about it, it would be fairly complicated; especially if you've sent mail from a character you've migrated to BC to one you're keeping in Classic. I'm not talking about mail that's already been received... but mail that was sent in the hours before the servers went offline and hadn't been processed by the mailroom

  10. #70
    You know it isn't so bad when you weren't going to bother logging in today because every moron on in the game will be playing a paladin or shaman. The only thing that makes me said is a lot of the giver uppers will still be there when I was going to mess around with it tomorrow.

  11. #71
    The Lightbringer SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    3,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    You know it isn't so bad when you weren't going to bother logging in today because every moron on in the game will be playing a paladin or shaman. The only thing that makes me said is a lot of the giver uppers will still be there when I was going to mess around with it tomorrow.
    Moron playing a Paladin reporting in. Gotta work on getting to 60

    Plot Twist: he's Human
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    Too late for Classic, too soon for WOTLK Classic
    Just in time to Burning Crusade Classic

  12. #72
    The part that boggles my mind, is that this really shouldn't be that difficult. If it's standard file copies, then they have everything they need. If it's about verification, they run the checksum, and make sure that the files are identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  13. #73
    The Lightbringer Harry Botter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    R'Lyeh
    Posts
    3,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The part that boggles my mind, is that this really shouldn't be that difficult. If it's standard file copies, then they have everything they need. If it's about verification, they run the checksum, and make sure that the files are identical.
    Sounds like you have it figured out better than they have then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

  14. #74
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,339
    Took a glance at the wow forums and on twitter and people are mad about the extended maintenance.
    I wonder if these are the same people that complain AAA games are released 'too early' (Cyberpunk, for instance). Would be amusing.

    Parts of this community are just such garbage its mind boggling.
    Hi

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Sounds like you have it figured out better than they have then.
    Honestly, this shouldn't be a complicated thing. Make the character copies, which would include banks and mail in their inbox, and simply apply it to both "games."

    If they are having a problem with data integrity, then it seems like they have a major issue with the scripts themselves, which should have definitely been tested ahead of time.

    Now, I don't mind waiting for the fix, but this is something that should have been easily avoidable. The only real issue would have been any mail that never gets picked up, and is "returned" to an account that may no longer exist on that server. Even so, that's not really a problem, as it would just disappear over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  16. #76
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Honestly, this shouldn't be a complicated thing. Make the character copies, which would include banks and mail in their inbox, and simply apply it to both "games."

    If they are having a problem with data integrity, then it seems like they have a major issue with the scripts themselves, which should have definitely been tested ahead of time.

    Now, I don't mind waiting for the fix, but this is something that should have been easily avoidable. The only real issue would have been any mail that never gets picked up, and is "returned" to an account that may no longer exist on that server. Even so, that's not really a problem, as it would just disappear over time.
    Do you know how long it takes to process all the data? They had to "start over" parts of this process. Do you think that takes 5 minutes, or? What's the basis of your argument here, how do you know these things?

    Where do you get the ""Honestly", this shouldn't be a complicated thing."" from? 'Honestly' based on what?
    Hi

  17. #77
    The Lightbringer Harry Botter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    R'Lyeh
    Posts
    3,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Honestly, this shouldn't be a complicated thing. Make the character copies, which would include banks and mail in their inbox, and simply apply it to both "games."

    If they are having a problem with data integrity, then it seems like they have a major issue with the scripts themselves, which should have definitely been tested ahead of time.

    Now, I don't mind waiting for the fix, but this is something that should have been easily avoidable. The only real issue would have been any mail that never gets picked up, and is "returned" to an account that may no longer exist on that server. Even so, that's not really a problem, as it would just disappear over time.
    It's glaring you have no idea how this works. It's ok to say you don't know something, you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Do you know how long it takes to process all the data? They had to "start over" parts of this process. Do you think that takes 5 minutes, or? What's the basis of your argument here, how do you know these things?

    Where do you get the ""Honestly", this shouldn't be a complicated thing."" from? 'Honestly' based on what?
    Nope, they had the original data, so even starting over isn't that bad. Character files aren't all that large, even with millions of files. They'd be copied simultaneously across dozens, if not hundreds of servers. Sure, the sheer number of files (as opposed to the actual amount of data) will slow the copy down, but that still shouldn't be a monumental effort.

    Honestly, based on my experience running analytics to determine processing and data transfer efficiency in enterprise servers. I'm certainly no expert on the matter, but I have done similar things plenty of times.

    The problem isn't so much with them starting over, it's that they didn't seem to have a grasp on what the issue was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...tenance/968539

    (in case you can't click the link)

    From Kaivax:
    Given the Blizzard's reputation, it's probably yet another propaganda.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    It's glaring you have no idea how this works. It's ok to say you don't know something, you know?
    Apparently, they don't know how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •