Congradulations MW!

Just popped in, as a Resto Shaman main, I'm happy to see I'll be replaced by the incredible DPS and Output of OUR NEW MW GODS!!!

Enjoy your time on top, as a Shaman I'll remember "No King Rules Forever"

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    yes, must be a joke....
    We ask for better mana management and what we get... DPS increase for a healer...
    A renewal change.... was already pretty useless before because of "the incredible amount healed and short timeout".. now, ok, it procs GoW, but heal even less...

It really looks like they have no idea what to do with this class.Still high mana use, no specific raid CD, no unique functions....
    But I still stick to it, still the class I enjoy the more.. it just become harder to find a spot in any group...

Quote Originally Posted by Fenis View Post
    yes, must be a joke....
    We ask for better mana management and what we get... DPS increase for a healer...
    A renewal change.... was already pretty useless before because of "the incredible amount healed and short timeout".. now, ok, it procs GoW, but heal even less...

It really looks like they have no idea what to do with this class.Still high mana use, no specific raid CD, no unique functions....
    But I still stick to it, still the class I enjoy the more.. it just become harder to find a spot in any group...
    Renewal? You mean Revival? That's a buff, unless you literally have 0 Mastery (with literally 0 Mastery it's equal, unless you've got Essence Font on any target).

If you just want to whine, you're on the right forum, but the damage buffs are meaningful for M+ unless you suck and don't DPS.

Revival was always one of the weakest CDs, but it's by far not the biggest issue MWs have at the moment. It's a nice buff and finally makes Mastery better overall, but there's more to fix MW than just that. Mana Tea should be baseline and a lot of problems would have been solved.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    incredible DPS and Output
    1500dps in fulltime meleerotation now got buffed by 10% woohooo

thats still not close to what a resto shaman does, dont worry.

I must be bad, I wasn't aware MW still existed.
    Glad to hear you're getting buffed but it sounds like too little too late.
    Blizzard isn't known for addressing the root cause of issues after all.

No idea about pve but in PvP mw will be top healer once again. Current PTR anti stun PvP talents will make them unkillable, that's a given.

congratulations brother

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    No idea about pve but in PvP mw will be top healer once again. Current PTR anti stun PvP talents will make them unkillable, that's a given.
    If I have understood correctly survival has been the biggest issue but not the only one. While we seem to get great tools to survive stuns, mana efficiency seems to still be huge problem when compared to other healers. Enveloping mists got a slight reduction in cost but I don't think it will be enough to make much of a difference and while we are definitely not dead in a stun now we still will be oom way before other healers. I don't have that much experience on PvP for couple expansions so I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Revival was always one of the weakest CDs, but it's by far not the biggest issue MWs have at the moment. It's a nice buff and finally makes Mastery better overall, but there's more to fix MW than just that. Mana Tea should be baseline and a lot of problems would have been solved.
    I do not understand this mana issue so many bad monks have. I use mana tea, rjw and yulon during mythic while NEVER getting an innervate.

I regulaly hit 15k hps and am neay always within the top 2. By the end of most fights I still have 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I do not understand this mana issue so many bad monks have. I use mana tea, rjw and yulon during mythic while NEVER getting an innervate.

I regulaly hit 15k hps and am neay always within the top 2. By the end of most fights I still have 40%.
    I parse pretty high in mythic raiding. 86th percentile and 5/10 mythic. I run out of mana pretty consistently if the fight doesn't end fast enough. Sure my mana tea usage could be better, and likely why I'm not hitting a higher percentile. Of course hps will depend on so many things. My point is that even at a high level of play you can run out of mana.

Although I'm not complaining about that issue because I do think we need some sort of throttle. Currently monks are just insane hps. and that in itself is our usefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgementally View Post
    I parse pretty high in mythic raiding. 86th percentile and 5/10 mythic. I run out of mana pretty consistently if the fight doesn't end fast enough. Sure my mana tea usage could be better, and likely why I'm not hitting a higher percentile. Of course hps will depend on so many things. My point is that even at a high level of play you can run out of mana.

Although I'm not complaining about that issue because I do think we need some sort of throttle. Currently monks are just insane hps. and that in itself is our usefulness.
    This is sort of my experience. If everything is hitting the fan you might run out of mana pretty quick. Otherwise, I think I end most fights at 80-100% mana and absurd amounts of raw healing. I don't even spec into mana tea.

Now, next patch when we can use ancient teachings and our venthyr lego... I honestly don't know how they are going to balance that.