Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Is the 1-60 leveling speed still classic speed or 2.4? Coz i remember they increased leveling speed in the middle of TBC.
    Leveling speed will be 2.4 "Experience gained from quests will be increased, along with a reduction in the experience needed to level to 60."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Think someone forgot to feed the hamsters and due to covid there were none that fucked and made new wheel hamsters in the US. The next step is to ship some over from China!

Imagine how much smoother things would go if they didnt fire 800 people every few years,but hey,a longer maintanance isnt whats gonna delay bobbys next yacht acquisition by a few days,its the extra salaries

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This could have easily been tested (and should have).

Any company will have test and development servers, for exactly this. Any patch, any update... will first be tested on them.
    you cant test stuff when you fire hundrets of people,classic literaly has 1 or 2 guys working on it,give em a break you slave driver
    Last edited by deenman; 2021-05-19 at 03:47 AM.

"NOOOO BLIZZARD SUCKS AND IS TERRIBLE THEY'RE DOING THIS ON PURPOSE TO MAKE PEOPLE BUY BOOSTS REEEEEEE BAD BLIZZ BAD BLIZZ"
    -these and pretty much every other forum

if running an online game for millions of players is so easy, let's see you whiners do it

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    They could fix it by not trying to get the game out before its ready.
    That doesn't make any sense. The game is ready, hence the release. What they are doing is essentially duplicating the database (in easy terms) and such which is a lengthy process since they have to verify it's integrity as well.

This is a process that would occur no matter what and take the same amount of time to do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This could have easily been tested (and should have).

Any company will have test and development servers, for exactly this. Any patch, any update... will first be tested on them.
    This shows you don't understand what the problem is. It's not the update or patch that is the problem. It's the copying of the entire database. Even if they were to duplicate it and test it beforehand it still wouldn't solve the problems that are occurring since they need the newest data in order to do this. Unless you'd rather them use old backups just to speed it up for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. The game is ready, hence the release. What they are doing is essentially duplicating the database (in easy terms) and such which is a lengthy process since they have to verify it's integrity as well.

This is a process that would occur no matter what and take the same amount of time to do as well.

This shows you don't understand what the problem is. It's not the update or patch that is the problem. It's the copying of the entire database. Even if they were to duplicate it and test it beforehand it still wouldn't solve the problems that are occurring since they need the newest data in order to do this. Unless you'd rather them use old backups just to speed it up for you?
    except they clearly didnt expect it to go wrong the way it did,its why the pre patch release was pushed back like what?3-4 times now?lol

u know what they could have done?tested this procces BEFORE doing it so they would have known this would happen and given a more accurate timeframe from the start or simply say ''we dont know how long it will take'',but like they stated,this issue wasnt anticipated

but its hard to anticipate and test stuff when you fire hundrets of people and only keep 1-2 guys even working on classic

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not surprised, it's a complex task and they are basically testing it on live. This cannot be properly tested on PTR.
    It's for the US, I dread to think about when EU will finish

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    except they clearly didnt expect it to go wrong the way it did,its why the pre patch release was pushed back like what?3-4 times now?lol

u know what they could have done?tested this procces BEFORE doing it so they would have known this would happen and given a more accurate timeframe from the start or simply say ''we dont know how long it will take'',but like they stated,this issue wasnt anticipated

but its hard to anticipate and test stuff when you fire hundrets of people and only keep 1-2 guys even working on classic
    I love all the armchair devs who are clearly much more qualified for the job telling people how it should be done.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I love all the armchair devs who are clearly much more qualified for the job telling people how it should be done.
    nice strawman,also i dont need to be a chef to know the food im given tastes like shit,what im saying has nothing to do with dev armchairing,its basic logistics,you TEST a process before you role it out

10+ Year Old Account
    nice strawman,also i dont need to be a chef to know the food im given tastes like shit,what im saying has nothing to do with dev armchairing,its basic logistics,you TEST a process before you role it out
    So basically you have no idea what you're talking about and want to be mad about something? So many Karens on forums who have no idea how this works and just want to whine.

So you want Blizzard to duplicate both games in full just to test out the process? I'm not an expert developer like you clearly are but I can't imagine creating two identical copies of WOW including all the server shit is really that easy. Then again you seem to be salty Blizzard actually fired people because god forbid any company ever has to fire anyone, so it makes me wonder if you're actually complaining about the maintenance (google that word btw) or just hating on Blizzard for the shits and giggles.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Few days ago some people here were sure character copy to Classic Era should be 100% free and millions doing it on same day wouldn't jam whole process cause 'it's CTRL C->CTRL V guys'.

Closing AH days before pre-patch alone should tell us this transfer to two version it's not as simple as it looks, especially if they doing it first time (lol at person few posts above me, sure you "just test").

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do they go about testing it though? At least to this level?

If it's really bad, just turn on an aura over the weekend that gives people +10% XP for this coming weekend to make up for the 'lost day'?

So basically you have no idea what you're talking about and want to be mad about something? So many Karens on forums who have no idea how this works and just want to whine.
    do you have some kind of blizzard shrine you worship at every night and morning?how can this company turn off your critical thinking skils and basicaly turn you in to a zombie mentaly?how is anything i said controversial to you?WHY is it so much to ask from a multi billion company to TEST things before atempting them live to make sure these things dont happen or atleast lead to a better idea for them of how long it will take?

also stop using karen,its literaly offensive to actual people named karen that dont fit the stereotype

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    How do they go about testing it though? At least to this level?

If it's really bad, just turn on an aura over the weekend that gives people +10% XP for this coming weekend to make up for the 'lost day'?
    I mean it's clearly easy to test stuff hence why no game or program ever releases with bugs, if only they had 800 more people to help!!!!!!!!!1111

What Blizzzard really need are the expert devs with zero experience like deenman to make sure this whole process goes off perfectly and on time. EZ

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    I mean it's clearly easy to test stuff hence why no game or program ever releases with bugs, if only they had 800 more people to help!!!!!!!!!1111

What Blizzzard really need are the expert devs with zero experience like deenman to make sure this whole process goes off perfectly and on time. EZ
    to be fair i likely would have been fired just for daring to suggest we test our stuff before going live,i know...its a controversial and revolutionary concept,maybe one day it will catch on

to be fair i likely would have been fired just for daring to suggest we test our stuff before going live,i know...its a controversial and revolutionary concept,maybe one day it will catch on
    Maybe one day a billion-dollar company making games for decades will try and test shit before they release it but I doubt it, it's something that's never been done before. See, someone with your intelligence could easily get a job at Blizzard and tell them of this revolutionary concept they've never heard of....

10+ Year Old Account
    do you have some kind of blizzard shrine you worship at every night and morning?how can this company turn off your critical thinking skils and basicaly turn you in to a zombie mentaly?how is anything i said controversial to you?WHY is it so much to ask from a multi billion company to TEST things before atempting them live to make sure these things dont happen or atleast lead to a better idea for them of how long it will take?

also stop using karen,its literaly offensive to actual people named karen that dont fit the stereotype
    So I call you out for being full of shit and that makes me a blizz shill? You have literally zero clue about the issue that's going on and just want to be mad and your only response is anyone who calls you out is a blizz zombie and you have the balls to talk shit about my critical thinking skills? You can't even explain why you think things are going wrong just that you don't like that they're happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Maybe one day a billion-dollar company making games for decades will try and test shit before they release it but I doubt it, it's something that's never been done before. See, someone with your intelligence could easily get a job at Blizzard and tell them of this revolutionary concept they've never heard of....
    I doubt it,literaly every talent they had is gone

- - - Updated - - -

So I call you out for being full of shit and that makes me a blizz shill? You have literally zero clue about the issue that's going on and just want to be mad and your only response is anyone who calls you out is a blizz zombie and you have the balls to talk shit about my critical thinking skills? You can't even explain why you think things are going wrong just that you don't like that they're happening. But i forgot I'm a blizz shill and these types of issues never happen with any other company.
    testing things before you atempt it on live isnt something one needs to have a clue about,its basic good business practice,but at the end of the day we know that by losing a few subs bobby's yacht fund doesnt suffer as long as a few whales like you keep buying those micros and services,there was a video about it some time ago showing the stats on how much more valuable one dude buying their crap is vs dozens of subs,the normal subed player is literaly worthless in blizzards eyes

also if you think i need to explain why testing things before trying them live to you is a good idea...idk...its a lost cause

It's amazing how one can have this stance on Blizzard yet still give them money, talk about brain damage.