Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves. I do feel sorry for those who took time off of their jobs to experience nostalgia again. It may partially be your fault but Blizzard should've tested this WAYYYY before deciding the prepatch to launch this week. We're now getting this patch a whole -day- later in 2021.

Blizzard has been messing up in several areas lately. What the absolute hell is going on with MGMT?
    What fucking nostalgia. Dude, it's the prepatch, not launch.

If anything, prepatches have been historically always a complete shitshow, so nostalgia-wise this is actually good.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Mate, you are just whining. You may not think you aren't screeching, but you are. Screeching and whining doesn;t necessarily mean flinging insults, it usually means whinging about utterly banal things, of which you are doing.

And extending the downtime is transparency. Sure, it isn't great, but shows they are being active, and you also seem to be working under the assumption that the divisions of Blizzard are the same. Customer Service and Maintenance aren't. CS will be demanding a timeframe because they have mongs like yourself whining on forums, and Maintenance will give them an estimate to work on based on current information. Usually that changes as a new and more interesting bug occurs once they fix the old one, so they have to re-evaluate and then change again.

If they say it takes 3 hours, then add an extra 3 on, that is 6 hours, with some whinging. If they say 12 hours, keep it off, then have it up in 6, and do nothing for 6 hours, the fallout will be higher. Get the point?

You're not smart and making insightful commentary. You're just arguing because you have fuck all else to do. Get over yourself.
    Yeah, you're mad about something. What that might be, though, I'm not quite sure.

I am sure they have medication for it, though.

Carry on.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    I think it's obvious the launch was hurried. Similar to WC3 where the business people wanted it to launch before ready. Word was that TBC beta had lots of bugs even last month wasn't it.
    Think it's also why only 2 weeks of prepatch. Guided by business people to hit the target launch.
    Yeah it had some game breaking bugs until very recently. They've probably pushed TBC so quickly, because of another MMO release.

Just go and play the real game while you wait for the release of the old expansion fun mode, I don't get the issue.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Ah, has no rebuttal, so just makes a passive aggressive post. Standard MMO-C Mong.

And nah, as usual with people like yourself, you seem to miscontrue aggressive language with actual aggression. Not mad at all, in fact am enjoying myself watching people like yourself whinge. Most fun I have had in the last 20mins waiting for family to arrive.

But you do you, mate. Keep working on that fulfilling lifestyle you have where all you have is an old computer game for validation for your existence. Rest of us have other things to do
    That was a quick, and lengthy, response to my post.

Screeching indeed.

If you have better things to do, why are you responding to me?

Blizzard hasn't been messing up in this regard, this is a perfectly reasoned errror considering the scale, and the work conditions (COVID and working from home, etc). As usual, it is the fucking playerbase being borderline Spergy screechers.
    Who in their right mind takes time off work, to play a pre-patch for a game that is over 15 years old and has been done to death? Oh, right, over zealous whiners who fantasised in their head they would be World number 1, or whatever nonsense.

The problem isn't Blizzard. The problem is people like yourself, who demand and scream when they don't get their slightest way, not because Blizzard has done anything terrible, but because they have nothing else in their lives beyond a bloody computer game.

Anyone with half a logical cell in their body expected this, and also doesn't care that much. Sure, it is disappointing, but worth getting riled over? Nah. Just watch TV or do something else.
    Only ones screeching, as usual, are the ones who are such absolute losers in their life, with nothing else to look forward to, beyond validation from a damn computer game.
    Sort yourself out, son. Stop being melodramatic, and actually focus on things that *matter*, not a bloody decade old computer game.
    Wow, its so funny how every single insult you said could be also applied to your post, also who the fuck are you tell people how to use their time off work?
    Spergs will be spergs.

I can type fast. And simply refreshed the page. Something people can do.

Carry on sperging, mate
    Yet you tried to insult me for "responding quickly".

Who's really sperging?

15+ Year Old Account
    US PVE realms showing UP on the server status webpage.

You're comparing Apples to Oranges though, the two aren't comparable. And also, you're probably quite a normal individual who just goes "Ah well" and shrugs.

However, look at the "fanbase" of Blizzard, and the screeching already. Imagine if it came out (and it would), they could have had the game up earlier, but didn't because they wanted to honour the original proposed timeframe. The fallout would be a lot larger, it i sliterally just damage control. In Amazon terms, these would be the mongs screeching the moment after the receipt was received because they didn't already have the tem in their hands 37 seconds after ordering.

This is a better way of doing it. Not the best, by any means, but far more transparent and open, than just a standard "It is off for 2 days" message.
    Why would they keep it still offline if it works? I don't think they have to turn it on exactly 13:00 CEST for Europe. They can turn it on anytime it's ready. Same for America, just turn it on when it works. Thought that's how it used to work? They would extend maintenances but turn on whenever it was working.

It's not like Amazons expecting it 37 seconds after ordering. With Amazon it would be promised to arrive by 3rd but they keep sending delayed messages for days. When it's 10th it's still not there and turns out they lost the package. Did happen to me when UPS lost a package. They sent another one for free and gave free 8 euros. Still wasn't fun at all, every day checking if something has changed and will even the second one get here.
    Last edited by kukkamies; 2021-05-19 at 08:04 AM.

Taking time off for a major launch of a game? Fine.

Taking time off, for a pre-patch for a game released 15 years ago, where the content has been out on live servers for all that time, and practically nothing has changed, because you have some fantasy in your head regarding nostalgia in order top fill a gap in your life?
    Not quite so fine.

Bu they, you do you, Couldn't give a shit. Just hilarious seeing the posts attacking Blizzard like they have a point beyond their own whinging.
    If you wouldn't give a shit you wouldn't be posting all that crap. It is also hilarious seeing people like you attacking people and insulting their real lifes because they dared to say something about your favourite company. Compare OP's post to the hate you are spreading. You sound like lunatic.

Imagine throwing a tantrum over a 2 hours delay...boy that says way more about OP than it does about blizz.

It's up for NA players so there goes that "worst than WoD launch". Log in and enjoy your time I'm off to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    *sips his 'why the fck should I play this when I played it 13-14ish years ago as a teen till completion culminating in farming Kil'jaeden for leggo bows with my guild' juice*

Hehe. Man, that sucks, dude.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedojin View Post
    Who takes time of work for the pre-patch? There is nothing of value to do yet, unless you wanna level a belf or draenei which won't need 2 week anyway.
    Especially if your goal is to level and you have ONE day to take off ANY other than pre patch day is better.

No. They are not "up". If you log to your server it's pitch black, if you go to a different server the character selection screen is there and if you try to create anything it says not available. SIT. DOWN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Imagine throwing a tantrum over a 2 hours delay...boy that says way more about OP than it does about blizz.
    2 hours? Since when does two hours equal a literal almost full DAY? Asking for a friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    It's up for NA players so there goes that "worst than WoD launch". Log in and enjoy your time I'm off to work.
    No they aren't "up". At all. Try again please.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves. I do feel sorry for those who took time off of their jobs to experience nostalgia again. It may partially be your fault but Blizzard should've tested this WAYYYY before deciding the prepatch to launch this week. We're now getting this patch a whole -day- later in 2021.

Blizzard has been messing up in several areas lately. What the absolute hell is going on with MGMT?
    Stop cryin. Classic is a new type of infrastructure for them. They are fully excused.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I mean as long as the game works when its live,a pre patch delayed isnt a big deal really,just take a nap...walk the dog...do the dishes,i trust you will survive somehow
    people like the op want to level their belf/draeni so they aren't behind on launch that's why he's complaining

Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyatwo View Post
    No they aren't "up". At all. Try again please.
    My friend was playing, go check again.

In all fairness, i can completely understand that the 2week prepatch has alot of players who planned to reroll dranei/bloodelf feeling alittle stressed, even moreso now when they have already planned for reaching 60 in two weeks and find themselves losing a day (or possibly more) time from that plan.

The problem here is ofc the two weeks prepatch, it shoudlve been longer... 4weeks or fucking 8 weeks. I don't see any benefits in stressing players out for no reason on a re-released 15year old game. If they werent ready until today then why would they unessicarily stress themselves with setting such a short notice launch date?

This is just bad planning on blizzards part and critique against them is totally justified.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    oh boy I can't wait till blizzard pays 55 cents to send them a check for 33 cents so he can use up about $1.00 worth of gas to cash it!
    is it 1987 again ?

more than 15years ago, they just credited playtime directly on your account. what the hell are you talking about?? check? gas? to cash it? wtf....