Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    who puts loot rules in m+? i've never seen anyone state any loot rules for m+... and i would never join any such group...
    Not a lot of people. But if you want to be sure that there is not conflicts and it happens to you/him/whoever a lot it might be a good idea.

also...

first off the > .... < is not needed. You now have given evidence. You did not do it last time. So its more clear now that he/she was in the wrong.
    Maybe link this also the next time. Because a 1000 lemmings can post threads about loot on this forum. but proof is far and in between and most of the time their are massive holes in the proof.

So in your case, he was toxic.

Reason why: loot system + toxic personallity. ( or someone having a really bad day)

Imho it happens alot more now with the nerfed loot drops rates and zero forges in wow now i never pick it up now i just let it go to mail.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It's not about different players. When it happens with YOU way too often, you also start to ask some questions.
    It's irrelevant if it happens to "ME" or "YOU". Randomness works the same. With large datasets, which players and the amount of random that occurs are, patterns and repeats are normal to occur.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-05-21 at 01:44 PM.

On the rare ocasion i run LFR (for anima or on an alt) if something drops for me that i won't use i will put it up for rolling. If someone /w me before i put it up for rolling that person is excluded from receiving the loot. I will do "roll [item] except for player X". They usually go mad in chat or say "what did i do?" or "Why?" and i simply say it in chat "you asked for it right away, i won't give it to you".

I do the same with people /w when i'm forming a group for m+ "i do big deeps garantee!". Just no. You could have 230 ilvl and 2k r.io, you're out for me.

Maybe they'll learn, maybe I'm just an asshole, maybe both.

I try to avoid these situations by letting the mailbox hold on to any loot that I see from the boss/chest. And this was just to not deal with any fuss and chaos with PMs during any group stuff, unless there was someone who I wanted to give the loot to. It was already a habit before I personally saw examples of how bad things can get. It did bite me in the ass once when I didn't pick up a BoE, thinking it would go to my mailbox. I just make sure to pick up the BoEs at least.

If we talk about M+ then I usually offer stuff up if I don't need it.
    If we talk about player organized raids then I go by the stated loot rules, and if no rules are stated, I usually put stuff up for a roll unless I can pass it on to friends.

If we talk about LFD/LFR = not-player generated groups then (I do them quite rarely):

1. If someone whispers me then that someone is put on ignore right away. There is nothing I despise more than beggars.
    2. If I need something myself from the raid then I announce that I am willing to trade and I will hold on to the piece until the end of the wing.
    3. If there are some people who have made an effort they can get the loot if they need it.
    4. If nobody deserves the loot I got then I either vendor it or disenchant it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    because they want it

that's literally it. It was like that in the good ole days and will continue to be that way as long as loot based multiplayer games are a thing
    Well, yes, but I mean, it predates gaming. It's human nature. People are greedy (some more than others) and some of those folks were never taught how to play well with others.

To the question in the thread, it's like asking "why do people do bad things". There's probably some deep philosophical discussion/debate that could be had there, but not sure that's what the OP is looking for.

But yeah, like you noted, "some people are jerks". That seems to be the simple answer.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Life is a perpetual cycle of getting screwed over by other people. Please learn to politely ignore people that whine about crap you don't care about.

joined a key with my friend to double the chances that he can get a weapon on his alt... i got the weapon and a priest in the group just rolls for it... i didn't say i was giving the weapon away by rolls... then he whispers me some bad things when he saw i gave it to my friend after he equipped it... and calls me toxic for giving it to my friend instead of to the one who rolls highest...

this is not the first time this is happening...

why are people acting so entitled to others loot? it's called personal loot for a reason...
    Kinda useless question, just ignore them?

I know it's annoying, but to me this only happens very rarely nowadays.

Yeah, it can get bad. Worst that happened to me without it devolving into cussing or insulting directly was when I won something and some guy just ran up to me to open a trade window with me. Didn't even tell me what it was for and I had to infer it was for that item.

Quote Originally Posted by Malechai View Post
    Obviously this topic is very personal to everyone how they feel about it.

I have Personal Loot Helper. When going into LFD or LFR, I do the following:
    - people loot and PLH goes off telling me an item is an upgrade for me. I look at it quick and compare what I have. If its something that I could use, I click the whisper button and it asks the person if they need it and if not would they be willing to trade. If they do, awesome and I thank them! If not, I congratulate them and say thanks for responding.
    - I get loot and I don't need it. PLH tells me who can use it and shows me the lowest ilvls first. I wait a few moments to see if anyone msg's me. If someone does, I give it to them and say congrats! If no one messages me, sometimes I'll just open trade with the lowest ilvl person who PLH tells me could use it and say congrats!
    - I get loot and need it but someone msgs me if i need it. I'll reply with yes i do, sorry.

Overall I don't mind the system. It lets me give as much as receive, and both are satisfying to me. I might go as far to say that I like giving gear to people who can use it more than getting it myself. lol

That said, I generally agree with the sentiment that its Personal Loot. Its up to that individual what they want to do with it, whether they keep it or not. Their reasons are their own.
    see if im in lfr and some 1 whispers me for loot be4 i can put it for roll i bar them for rolling, if ur not gona atleast let me put it for roll why should i let you roll on it?

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Just remove all gear drop from dungeons and raids. Drop random crafting items for each player. And let them take those crafting items to a specific npc where they can have their gears crafted.
    exactly this. would not only solve problems/behaviours like the one OP mentioned. its also step one in a better „work towards...“ based game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, it can get bad. Worst that happened to me without it devolving into cussing or insulting directly was when I won something and some guy just ran up to me to open a trade window with me. Didn't even tell me what it was for and I had to infer it was for that item.
    I've had worst happen to me while doing a transmog run for eternal palace during shadowlands, i got a trinket of the first boss and a level 50 we were carrying life gripped me and opened trade without even asking or whispering me so I just closed chat and went on to not answer them since after that they started whispering me for it saying it was an upgrade for them. To be honest, I would have gladly gave it to them if they had asked beforehand but I found them extremely rude so I didn't.

And before people come in with but what about the loot rules that were established before hand, well it was never discussed other than the run was named after transmog. Usually in these types of run, it's assumed that if you don't need a piece you put it up for rolls in the raid but as that was a trinket it didn't apply.

Bonus question, if it was a transmoggable piece, should the level 50 have been given priority over the 60 that were there for transmog (the reason for the raid) cuz some of you seem to think that gear should only go to the person that has the lowest ilvl

"why should I group with you to kill your quest NPC when I need him for my precious 10 reputation and Firewater?"

Entitlement is too strong nowadays.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    Too late for Classic, too soon for WOTLK Classic
    Just in time to Burning Crusade Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Need or greed was stupid. It should just be roll or pass because of course people are gonna need on it.
    I remember when mounts and shit would drop people would always be like “roll greed!” And I thought it was just the stupidest thing because of course some idiot is gonna roll need. You’re just opening yourself up to getting screwed. Silly players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tinilmabard View Post
    I've had worst happen to me while doing a transmog run for eternal palace during shadowlands, i got a trinket of the first boss and a level 50 we were carrying life gripped me and opened trade without even asking or whispering me so I just closed chat and went on to not answer them since after that they started whispering me for it saying it was an upgrade for them. To be honest, I would have gladly gave it to them if they had asked beforehand but I found them extremely rude so I didn't.

And before people come in with but what about the loot rules that were established before hand, well it was never discussed other than the run was named after transmog. Usually in these types of run, it's assumed that if you don't need a piece you put it up for rolls in the raid but as that was a trinket it didn't apply.

Bonus question, if it was a transmoggable piece, should the level 50 have been given priority over the 60 that were there for transmog (the reason for the raid) cuz some of you seem to think that gear should only go to the person that has the lowest ilvl
    Transmog runs with lower level people are the woooooooooooooorst. They want everything cause it’s an “upgrade”. Like ... fuckin level and you wouldn’t need this old shit that you’re just gonna replace anyway.

Yeah loot is an interesting beast. During 8.2 a friend wanted a heroic Ashvane's Razor Coral, asked me to tag along. I was mythic geared, helped them smash the boss.
    Lo and behold I get the razor coral. Within 6 seconds or so, I got 8 whispers. Traded it to my friend and alt-F4'd.

At the time there was rumor of an addon that let you auto whisper people if it detected they could trade the item.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    It rewards cowardly and low-skillcap gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Yeah loot is an interesting beast. During 8.2 a friend wanted a heroic Ashvane's Razor Coral, asked me to tag along. I was mythic geared, helped them smash the boss.
    Lo and behold I get the razor coral. Within 6 seconds or so, I got 8 whispers. Traded it to my friend and alt-F4'd.

At the time there was rumor of an addon that let you auto whisper people if it detected they could trade the item.
    The addon is real. My friend uses it. It auto whispers people if something is an upgrade for you

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    The addon is real. My friend uses it. It auto whispers people if something is an upgrade for you
    Thank you for clearing up the mystery, wow.
    I'm now imagining myself in the shoes of someone with this addon, do you just sit back and accept trade windows of loot? I could get on board with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    It rewards cowardly and low-skillcap gameplay.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    I commute between Sweden and Crown Falls.
    Because people are people, welcome to Humanity since forever. People kill each-other when they want something that the other has, and ya'll are shocked at entitlement in a game?

Puhlease...
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    My near death experience? When I realized that there are people paying £2000 for the Swift Zulian Tiger on the BMAH. Damned near did not survive that.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Just remove all gear drop from dungeons and raids. Drop random crafting items for each player. And let them take those crafting items to a specific npc where they can have their gears crafted.
    THIS.

i always said it before but diffferently just give each boss a token drop, you buy what you want from a seller for this dungeons with the token dropped, it would solve the problem the game has with the toxic looting...