Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Game looks okay but generic.

Gameforge is a deal breaker.

sad this is what mmos has come to, garbage tier eastern mmos that look like 10 years old filled with p2w garbage

feels like i already seen this game 10 times

10+ Year Old Account
    Another asian looking MMORPG that has over the top anime characters/animations that makes it all look like some €5 game you can pick up at gamestop.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    sad this is what mmos has come to, garbage tier eastern mmos that look like 10 years old filled with p2w garbage

feels like i already seen this game 10 times
    There is 0 p2w in this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Game looks okay but generic.

Gameforge is a deal breaker.
    Gameforge does not have the ability to add in any p2w.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Another asian looking MMORPG that has over the top anime characters/animations that makes it all look like some €5 game you can pick up at gamestop.
    Honestly watching the actual footage (not trailers) I really wouldnt call it any more over the top than say WoW, or Guild Wars 2.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand the concerns for the game, but gotta say the downright pessimism is just sad, this forum is a lot more jaded than I expected, and that is saying something.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Gameforge does not have the ability to add in any p2w.
    Gameforge is still distilled cancer, because even if they can't make it P2W, they usually even fuck up the cosmetic stuff beyond any chance of redemption (see Tera). It definitely IS a red flag.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Gameforge is still distilled cancer, because even if they can't make it P2W, they usually even fuck up the cosmetic stuff beyond any chance of redemption (see Tera). It definitely IS a red flag.
    I agree Gameforge on its own is a red flag, but the devs over in CHINA have proven to be very fair and no over the top nonsense. They care a bit more about their product. Obviously the real test will be post launch, but so far besides the name Gameforge, no red flags have been shown.
    Diablo Bore.

Looks generic and it's chinese, which by itself is a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Looks generic and it's chinese, which by itself is a deal breaker.
    Out of curiousity, how is a game being Chinese an immediate deal breaker?
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Out of curiousity, how is a game being Chinese an immediate deal breaker?
    I don't support their regime. The more economic power we give them, the more power they will have to force their anti-freedom/democratic views in the west.

So, if it's something i have a choice on, i block them.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I don't support their regime. The more economic power we give them, the more power they will have to force their anti-freedom/democratic views in the west.

So, if it's something i have a choice on, i block them.
    Ah I see...
    Yeah dude ill just play games I think look cool but absolutely more power to you.
    Diablo Bore.

If it has english translation for text sure I would give it a try.
    No need vocals. Just subtitles.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    To really make an awesome and unique MMORPG they should use their own engine. UE4 is awesome, no doubt but while it certainly can be used to make an MMORPG it is FPS engine by core.
    That's laughably false. Relying on engines that were essentially only made for your game is pretty much why SWTOR is in the toilet performance-wise. The people who configured it for that game no longer work for the company to update it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I like how you just move the goalpost. "Well if it can't be p2w it can be this!"

That's a funny attitude to not have about WoW's in-game shop, where they pump out store mounts, pets, toys, etc monthly yet launch broken overpriced expansions and give generic reskins as rewards for difficult content.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    That's laughably false. Relying on engines that were essentially only made for your game is pretty much why SWTOR is in the toilet performance-wise. The people who configured it for that game no longer work for the company to update it.
    For SWTOR...not really. Hero Engine is designed more for MMO's (not SWTOR specifically), BW's problem was they started with an unfinished beta version and finished it in-house...and BW does not have the best engineering team around so it was a bloody disaster. It's been extensively updated over the years to address a lot of the limitations, from shit performance with more than a few players around to an inability to sit anywhere other than your ship. Heck, it may even be powering ESO, they used it to "whiteboard" the game while supposedly building their own engine but I don't think I've ever seen confirmation they're using an in-house engine. And the game still has the Hero Engine legal lines so I have a sneaking suspicion that what it's built on.

Nothing special about it IMO. Looks like TERA. Could be worth it, but since it's B2P I'm not sure many will dip their toes into it than if it was just F2P/P2W

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Nothing special about it IMO. Looks like TERA. Could be worth it, but since it's B2P I'm not sure many will dip their toes into it than if it was just F2P/P2W
    Yeah there isnt much special about it, except for the housing hat looks great.

But here also wasnt anything new or special about say, Valheim, it just did thing already done REALLY well and from what I heard Solo is similar in that respect.
    Diablo Bore.

Best of the new MMOs releasing this year. No p2w like Elyon, not crap like New World, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they would stop copy/pasting mmo's for 20years+ and actually create something new than another generic one like this.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Wish they would stop copy/pasting mmo's for 20years+ and actually create something new than another generic one like this.
    here have been a lot of mmos that have broken away and done new things/innovated the genre, not every game has to, not everyone wants every new game to attempt to reinvent the wheel, currently if you want a raid/dungeon focused endgame mmo, you have two viable options, both use standard tab targeting as well, so I would say there is plenty of room for this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Best of the new MMOs releasing this year. No p2w like Elyon, not crap like New World, etc.
    I'm glad to see someone who doesn't think it looks terrible lol, I understand why people are skeptical (though I think generic is empty meaningless criticism)
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    For me, It's probably #2 next to pso2 new genesis if you consider that new, which I think it can be considered that way maybe 3 if lost ark actually does come out. Maybe i'll pick it up down the road to try, but this is one I'll probably wait on. Think the hate this game is getting in this thread is premature, but at same time, this is a wait and see for me, since it's a B2P game.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I like how you just move the goalpost. "Well if it can't be p2w it can be this!"

That's a funny attitude to not have about WoW's in-game shop, where they pump out store mounts, pets, toys, etc monthly yet launch broken overpriced expansions and give generic reskins as rewards for difficult content.
    I'm not moving goal posts, I'm saying that there are more than one way to be a shitty publisher and the aversion of people is justified. Your comment doesn't even make sense.

Also if you don't know, Tera in the EU is run by Gameforge wheres in the US it is run by another company. By design as a F2P game cosmetics are part of the payment structure, but if you want good looking stuff in the EU with Gameforge you can't just buy them, you have (or at least had) to buy a loot box and hope (aka, gameble) that the item you want is in them. In the other version you could just get the item you want. I'm also the last person that would defend the overpriced ingame shop of WoW, lol. Not sure why you are so desperate to defend Gameforge, but your agenda reeks.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.