Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Power Infusions implementation needs a rethink

    Before we start I play Disc Priest and this is not just a pug issue but also a guild one.

    Over the last few months with content on farm, I've been demanded to offload my PI to help others parse... fair enough its utility to be utilised by a group. But as I said as things have gone on I'd like to make use of it myself we have more than enough DPS. But to be treated as if I'm nothing but a PI bot for a guild which has come to the point where I just left a long standing guild I'd played with for years.

    I'm not the sort that likes to argue and I know blizzard looks at this subreddit at times and right now I'd love for some sort of relook at Power Infusion.

    I can't deny just how toxic its got, I was removed from a heroic pug group because I wanted to have a go at parsing myself and in the group leaders own words "I can just get another" and removes me from the group this has happened several times in one evening to the point I just logged out.

    I wish that it was myself baseline and twins was the only way to give it. Because people have become so ungrateful that it is theirs by right of optimal use. WELL THAT RIGHT DOESN'T INCLUDE HARASSMENT FOR IT!

    I'm at my wits end people I've played with for years have turned toxic and downright awful, I've threated to leave and even after 2 expansions worth of friendship they don't care and PI has ruined that. After being ignored I left my guild stating fully the toxicity I've been getting from "You didn't do it at the right time" / "You ruined my parse I was handling mechanics your f*ing shit" and these are really really long standing friendships where I meet them in real life sorta up in smoke.

    I've already put in a app to a heroic guild that is just re-farming for the 20th time hoping it would be mine but they said it was conditional for them as they have a few people that would love their hands on it and when I declined I was told I was blacklisted.

    So please rethink this ability.

  2. #2
    It's not a Blizzard problem, it's a people problem.

    You were with toxics people, period. You better off without them.

  3. #3
    Wrong forum.

    Why do you want to use this on yourself instead of others, although it's completely wasted on yourself, as you get less from it than others? Why should you as disc use it for yourself, when it's clearly not giving the group as much as it could? You WANT to play worse than you could - than your group/raid could. I don't understand why you want to be less effective as possible? It's not smart, you know? When you WANT to play worse, the group can just get rid of you, because you do not want to play for the group, but for yourself. Absolutely understandable you got blacklisted.
    Play for the group, not yourself.

    Harassment ofc is not allowed, but you are an egoist when you want to waste such a good CD.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Play for the group, not yourself.
    This.

    You're not a "parsing" dps as disc priest. You are expected to use group utility on the group.

    The ability is designed exactly as it should be. You wanting to use it for something else is not ideal and a group is not going to want you to use it on something else.

    Yes, you COULD use power infusion on a tank to help the tank parse, but a) that's dumb, tanks don't benefit from Power Infusion, it's much better to use it on literally anyone else, and b) it's not a cooldown made for tanks. Apply this same logic to yourself. It's best to use Power Infusion on the highest DPS caster in the group - And you ain't it. The reason you're brought to the raid as a PI priest is to PI the highest DPS caster. Wanting to use it on yourself ruins your reason for being in the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  5. #5
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    33,436
    Sorry, OP, I believe you are in the wrong section.

    As well, Power Infusion is meant as a utility to be used between the group, commonly DPS of course.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  6. #6
    So you want to look good instead of doing what is best for the raid? Fair enough... If you find a guild that is willing to put up with that then good for you.
    From a RL PoV I'd tell you to suck it up and do what's best for the raid or GTFO.

  7. #7
    Nah if someone gives you shit for not giving PI to his parses they can go fuck them self. Either raid chooses when and who gets it and thats raidleaders call unless you see that you need it to keep the raid alive. Dead dps is zero dps

  8. #8
    You want to play badly. That's okay.
    Other people don't want to play with you, because you are playing badly. That's okay, too.
    Now you want to remove the concept of group utility from the game so that everyone has to play badly. That is not okay.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

  9. #9
    Play the game properly next time

  10. #10
    If after two expansions of playing together, you get that toxic attitude towards you for not using PI, then I say good riddance, should have left earlier.

    People are saying "Do whats best for the group", and sure, that is correct in most cases. This is not one of them, hes not pushing CE or going for top 100, hes reclearing heroic which is really easy at this point in the tier.

    I don't know your entire story OP, but if you approached the leader before one reclear and said to him "Hey man, I kinda want to use my PI on myself tonight to play with some numbers a bit" and he said no, then fuck him, hes an asshole and you're better off without him.

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,206
    PI is not going to make or break a fight. If you wiped on 0.1% and PI would have got the kill, you got bigger problems to deal with. I hear all the arguing PI has caused, and frankly it’s disgusting. Over the years the game has shifted from “beating a boss together” to “I am only playing with you guys to get a good log”.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Wrong forum.

    Why do you want to use this on yourself instead of others, although it's completely wasted on yourself, as you get less from it than others? Why should you as disc use it for yourself, when it's clearly not giving the group as much as it could? You WANT to play worse than you could - than your group/raid could. I don't understand why you want to be less effective as possible? It's not smart, you know? When you WANT to play worse, the group can just get rid of you, because you do not want to play for the group, but for yourself. Absolutely understandable you got blacklisted.
    Play for the group, not yourself.

    Harassment ofc is not allowed, but you are an egoist when you want to waste such a good CD.
    Oh please, I bet 90% of the people demanding he use it on them are not interested in the good of the group either. They're playing entirely for their own parses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    This.

    You're not a "parsing" dps as disc priest. You are expected to use group utility on the group.
    Most of the time, you need PI to parse healing as disc. I don't see why it's so much worse for him to want to parse than someone else. That said, he should start his own groups if it's important to him, just as these people are doing.

  13. #13
    Whenever someone asks you to pi them just reply with 3.14159265359

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    So you want to look good instead of doing what is best for the raid? Fair enough... If you find a guild that is willing to put up with that then good for you.
    From a RL PoV I'd tell you to suck it up and do what's best for the raid or GTFO.
    He specifically said farm content for parses, how is a dps's parse "what is best for the raid"? I totally agree on progress you use it where it is most optimal for the group, but when it's farm content and being used for ego parses then I don't think a dps parse is any more important.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    It's not a Blizzard problem, it's a people problem.

    You were with toxics people, period. You better off without them.
    I mean, players aren't going to fix the problem. The game shifted into parse culture a few expansions back and when Blizzard makes mechanics like this it's pretty much required for players to parse well. The difference between the person getting 1-2 PIs per fight is massive compared to the one not getting any. You can say this is a player problem, but Blizzard designed this mechanic with the knowledge that this exact behavior was going to happen and they should have known better.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It's best to use Power Infusion on the highest DPS caster in the group - And you ain't it. The reason you're brought to the raid as a PI priest is to PI the highest DPS caster. Wanting to use it on yourself ruins your reason for being in the raid.
    Irony here being that the best DPS to use PI on isn't a caster.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  17. #17
    I like the gameplay ideology behind PI, that said, it would accomplish much the same thing and would feel oh so much better if the legendary was just baseline.

  18. #18
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,699
    If it’s buggin you that much just get the legendary that grants you pi when you cast it on another person

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Atreyes View Post
    He specifically said farm content for parses, how is a dps's parse "what is best for the raid"?
    Reading is difficult for too many of this forum.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Irony here being that the best DPS to use PI on isn't a caster.
    Pretty sure Fire Mage and Aff Locks are casters.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2021-05-23 at 01:59 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •