Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I understand your paon and there are pains on the other side as everyone competes to get it too.
    It is kind of stupid and should be only for the priest that casts it.

So while harassment is out of line and your guild sound awful, I completely understand pugs not wanting a healer trying to parse in the group. It's actively detrimental to them, and the pug world is all about smooth easy runs. Either run your own group or do it in a guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

when on my shadow priest that is an alt, i get asked constantly to give my PI to someone else. i completely ignore them.

3+ Year Old Account
    Imagine healer logs omegalul

Sorry I don't understand. There is a dmg buff you can cast on others and that is now a problem because as a healer you'd rather use it on yourself?

What how does that even make sense

Here's the thing: If people turned toxic over PI, after 4 years of playing together, they were toxic to begin with, it just never came up. Or you're not telling the whole story, and making yourself look better.

Either way, it does not matter. What you did wrong was letting them take the initiative and dictate what you should do. What you should of done is established yourself in the dominant position. You have the PI and you get to choose who gets it, rest have to deal with it.

I tend to swap my PI targets every pull or two. So that people don't get accustomed and feel grateful when they get PI, instead of feeling entitled and upset when they don't. I also don't let anyone give me crap over missed timings. I just imply that next time I will not waste time healing people, like for example the ones complaining about PI. And maybe have a chat with other healers in the super secret healer chat channel.

DPS players can get carried away easily, and you need to remind them that they are the most easily replaceable part of the raid.

EDIT: I now realize that it was a drive-by bait thread from OP, but I still stand behind what I said. Hopefully it will help newer priests. Don't let others walk over you. Obviously, don't be an ass yourself.
    Last edited by Echeyakee; 2021-05-25 at 10:24 AM.

Yes, PI is a dogshit design that shouldn't be castable on other people. Same goes for Fae Guardians, Blessing of Seasons etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Here's the thing: If people turned toxic over PI, after 4 years of playing together, they were toxic to begin with, it just never came up. Or you're not telling the whole story, and making yourself look better.

Either way, it does not matter. What you did wrong was letting them take the initiative and dictate what you should do. What you should of done is established yourself in the dominant position. You have the PI and you get to choose who gets it, rest have to deal with it.

I tend to swap my PI targets every pull or two. So that people don't get accustomed and feel grateful when they get PI, instead of feeling entitled and upset when they don't. I also don't let anyone give me crap over missed timings. I just imply that next time I will not waste time healing people, like for example the ones complaining about PI. And maybe have a chat with other healers in the super secret healer chat channel.

DPS players can get carried away easily, and you need to remind them that they are the most easily replaceable part of the raid.

EDIT: I now realize that it was a drive-by bait thread from OP, but I still stand behind what I said. Hopefully it will help newer priests. Don't let others walk over you. Obviously, don't be an ass yourself.
    That's a horrible idea. You want consistency between pulls. If you miss the correct PI timing, that's also a mistake on your part and should be fixed.

The idea that DPS is the easiest role to replace is also funny. Yes, there's a bigger pool available, but it's much easier to get away with weak healers than weak DPS.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

As a fellow disc priest, I could not agree more. Anyone that cares about trying to do their best for a parse can relate to this issue, especially when DPS isn't a factor regarding whether or not you kill it.

It's not fun trying to do your best while knowing that it's impossible to creep into top digits without a single buff. It's even less fun when you're the person with the power over the buff but you're being forced to give it out for arbitrary reasons. It's even less fun when the person on top of the parse meters clearly has multiple PI's being pumped into them, even from other damage dealers.

When you're working to kill the boss for the first time and you're struggling to meet dps checks, it obviously makes sense to give it to someone. That's not what the OP or myself are referring to.

The bottom line is, if you're not giving it to the 'best' person suited for it then you're being sub optimal; But performing at your best for the sake of performance is impossible if you don't get/keep it for yourself. It's not a fun ability for anyone competitive.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-05-25 at 10:58 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You might be new to the game. But you know, class utility has been there since day 1 and it is there to serve the group, not yourself.

If they are abusing it, or you consider it, then just play elsewhere.

But don´t expect to change such a game core mechanic.. too much has already changed to accommodate new players or new times.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Op, do you also refuse to give Pain Suppression to others and rather use it as a personal defensive?
    Least amount of damage taken isn't a factor for parsing as a healer or DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    Sorry I don't understand. There is a dmg buff you can cast on others and that is now a problem because as a healer you'd rather use it on yourself?

What how does that even make sense
    In what way is it just a damage buff? Do healers not benefit from haste?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You might be new to the game. But you know, class utility has been there since day 1 and it is there to serve the group, not yourself.

If they are abusing it, or you consider it, then just play elsewhere.

But don´t expect to change such a game core mechanic.. too much has already changed to accommodate new players or new times.
    Name one other ability in the game that requires you to sacrifice your own power so that someone else becomes stronger. This kind of buff is perfect in vanilla versions of the game, not the min-maxathon we have today.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-05-25 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Name one other ability in the game that requires you to sacrifice your own power so that someone else becomes stronger. This kind of buff is perfect in vanilla versions of the game, not the min-maxathon we have today.

Innervate, Blessing of the Seasons, Fae Guardians, Any external (Guardian Angel, Ironbark, Pain Suppression, etc). MM using pets to BL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    If it’s buggin you that much just get the legendary that grants you pi when you cast it on another person
    You can not take Twins of the Sun Priestess in a raid environment as a disc priest. Clarity of mind is too important, you would lose HPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Innervate, Blessing of the Seasons, Fae Guardians, Any external (Guardian Angel, Ironbark, Pain Suppression, etc). MM using pets to BL.
    Innervate does not have to go out to other players if you're resto, if it does, you gain 50% of the strength. If you're balance, who cares? You don't lose anything.

Blessings of the Seasons is never played.

Fae Guardians is a fair point, though it's not really the same ball park as PI.

External defensives don't cause you to lose power unless you would have died due to not using it, which is another issue entirely.

In any environment where the possibility of a high parse exists, hunters will not need to use their pet to BL, as it will be covered.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-05-25 at 11:19 AM.

I am a disc priest and i don't see what the fuss is all about. Someone wants my PI? Here you go, have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Play the game properly next time
    God, posts shows the stupidity of most players nowadays: It's his ability, and on a pug and content on farm i would give a SHIT if others want to have a bigger e-peen or better logs for whatever raider.io-score they think they need.

If it is some progression-raid, ok, then you have to do what you need to do: give it where it is necessary and most useful, but if you're not, then simply give a shit what other people think. Put the idiot that kicked you on ignore, and go on.

Some people have problems that make me question how they survive in a society...

I like PI. I like buffing other people. That's the reason I went Night fae on my Priest. That's why I pick the crit buff talent on my mage. And I liked when WL had the haste buff.
    This is a social game, where playing as a group is better than playing as a bunch of individuals. If someone pisses you of, then just ignore them. Let them learn that demanding something gets them nothing. Players demand certain buffs and flame you for not providing them are usually not the ones that should get buffs in the first place.

But still, this is a social problem and the answer to that problem shouldn't be calling daddy Blizzard.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-05-25 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Some people have problems that make me question how they survive in a society...

I like PI. I like buffing other people. That's the reason I went Night fae on my Priest. That's why I pick the crit buff talent on my mage. And I liked when WL had the haste buff.
    This is a social game, where playing as a group is better than playing as a bunch of individuals. If someone pisses you of, then just ignore them. Let them learn that demanding something gets them nothing. Players demand certain buffs and flame you for not providing them are usually not the ones that should get buffs in the first place.

But still, this is a social problem and the answer to that problem shouldn't be calling daddy Blizzard.
    Blizzard is creating this problem by adding/returning more and more of these dumb simp buffs. They know their playerbase, not designing around that is beyond stupid. I'm okay with buffing other people if it doesn't hurt my own performance (although I'd prefer not to have that in the game either because it adds another thing that ruins ranks), buffing other people at the cost of my own performance shouldn't be a thing.
    Blaming the community is a copout. The devs have the power to change the game to better suit their playerbase. Nobody has the power to just change the community.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2021-05-25 at 12:20 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Blizzard is creating this problem by adding/returning more and more of these dumb simp buffs. They know their playerbase, not designing around that is beyond stupid. I'm okay with buffing other people if it doesn't hurt my own performance (although I'd prefer not to have that in the game either because it adds another thing that ruins ranks), buffing other people at the cost of my own performance shouldn't be a thing.
    Blaming the community is a copout. The devs have the power to change the game to better suit their playerbase. Nobody has the power to just change the community.
    Who is the player base though? LordVargK obviously enjoys the playstyle of buffing other players. I am precisely the same, I love that power infusion can be used on other people, I love the Night Fae ability on priest for the same reason. There is no single playerbase in this game, and considering how many personal cooldowns and buffs people have, I don't see why a single class can't have a single, altruistic spell. The haste you provide another person through Power Infusion is part of your performance as well, just because you cannot nummerically prove it's your performance, doesn't mean your power infusion isn't suddenly your spell.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Who is the player base though? LordVargK obviously enjoys the playstyle of buffing other players. I am precisely the same, I love that power infusion can be used on other people, I love the Night Fae ability on priest for the same reason. There is no single playerbase in this game, and considering how many personal cooldowns and buffs people have, I don't see why a single class can't have a single, altruistic spell. The haste you provide another person through Power Infusion is part of your performance as well, just because you cannot nummerically prove it's your performance, doesn't mean your power infusion isn't suddenly your spell.
    It's not just a single class that has a single spell like that. Power Infusion, Innervate, Fae Guardians, Blessing of Seasons, the new Kyrian Hunter/Druid legendaries etc. And the problem with it existing is that it ruins ranks for people of every spec, not just the one that has the simp ability. It also causes stupid unnecessary drama that we did perfectly fine without for years.
    There was less drama and ranks were less stupid without PI & co. The players aren't going to change, so the only actual solution to the problem (assuming you consider it a problem, which you obviously don't) is getting rid of those spells. Blaming the players doesn't solve anything.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It's not just a single class that has a single spell like that. Power Infusion, Innervate, Fae Guardians, Blessing of Seasons, the new Kyrian Hunter/Druid legendaries etc. And the problem with it existing is that it ruins ranks for people of every spec, not just the one that has the simp ability. It also causes stupid unnecessary drama that we did perfectly fine without for years.
    There was less drama and ranks were less stupid without PI & co. The players aren't going to change, so the only actual solution to the problem (assuming you consider it a problem, which you obviously don't) is getting rid of those spells. Blaming the players doesn't solve anything.
    I hate to break it to you, but Drama was just as abundant before as it is now, power infusion didn't increase the amount of drama, it just became one of the more central points of it. The whole issue about rankings and player performance is silly in my opinion, but that is my opinion, just as this is yours. I think it's a player issue, because there's nothing inherently wrong with the spell. WoW is an RPG and support ability / skills is a very common theme in RPGs.

Power Infusion is a unique spell that makes me feel happy about being able to contribute to another player's power. And people do notice this, it's not all that rare a person will either boast about how sick their class is when I line up power infusion with their cooldowns, or thank me for throwing it their way. It's also an abillity I think adds some very needed flare and skill to Holy Priest specifically. Calling it a simp ability, blaming it for causing drama and even referring to player rank, are all three a social constructed issue.

Blizzard is creating this problem by adding/returning more and more of these dumb simp buffs
    No, Blizzard is not doing that. Blizzard simply returns the buffs. You are making a problem out of it, where no logical person would even see a problem. And calling it simp buffs.... Are healer simps? If you're denied any buffs ingame, then maybe because you would use them like a braindead monkey, just judging from your attitude here.

They know their playerbase, not designing around that is beyond stupid.
    I don't think WoW's playerbase consists of spoiled elementary school children. A part of it, yes, but most players I know are teamplayers. The others are sorted out pretty quickly.

I'm okay with buffing other people if it doesn't hurt my own performance (although I'd prefer not to have that in the game either because it adds another thing that ruins ranks), buffing other people at the cost of my own performance shouldn't be a thing.
    So you're a selfish meter whore. Got it. Just play a class without any raid utility, luckily you're not forced to support others.

The Community follows the game, not the other way around. And to reiterate: This is not even a real problem. A small percentage of players getting their ego hurt because they don't get to top the meters without outside help or being too unsocial to use their abilities for the greater good is not something Blizzard should even think about.
    I guess we should remove immunities, Bloodlust, AMZ, rallying cry, raid buffs and every other utility as well, because pressing 1 (one!) button every minute or two might be too hard on your DPS. Honestly, you sound ridiculous. Blizzard doesn't design raids to fit your fragile ego. Successful raids are a team effort and that's the way it should be in a multiplayer game. Increasing the opportunity for cooperation is always good. Isn't that just common sense for any human being?

And of course topping the meters is fine. And how is that done? By being inside a social raid, where every weeks someone else gets all the support of the group, doesn't have to play mechanics and gets all available buffs. So it's really a give and be given here. Only someone not fit for interacting with other players could see a problem here.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-05-25 at 01:56 PM.