Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I don't disagree that they need a new game. 17 years is a long ass time (too long) for one game to keep going, regardless of the expansions adding to it.

I personally think they will do (if covid didn't mess it up) what they are doing with OW2 in 10.0

Which means - Upgrade the game engine, textures, changes to how the game plays, new narrative (time skip), while allowing the original game (and all you're progress) to still function within the new game.

Yes, these are things an expansion could do, but giving the game a new 2.0 label communicates to people it's a different game and gives the developers freedom to do significant overhauls and take the game in different directions.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-05-22 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Would be really cool if they can link unique rewards you get in retail for achievements you do in classic versions. I think retail/live would best work as a collection/completionist game that should stop at the 10th expansion.

A WoW 2 then follows giving us something completely new and refreshing that is not linked to the previous 10 expansions in terms of player specific things, giving us a new vanilla experience with nothing carried over.

I used to be against this idea, but I just don’t see how WoW can survive against the competition if things continue as they are.

EDIT
    it's not that hard, if they just look at my name and do what it says....plus on top of that all kinds of quality of life changes, the best of all of WoW, all in one put together on top of a remastered vanilla. They can even do a poll of all features in all of WoW history so far and include the most popular ones. Make this version of WoW, the WoW plus.....keep adding expansions to the normal WoW as usual and whatever is popular, add it to the PLUS
    You think it takes a long time to get to each new expansion now? Think about how long it would take for a brand new game. That kind of thing takes 5-10 years of planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Which means - Upgrade the game engine, textures, changes to how the game plays, new narrative (time skip), while allowing the original game (and all you're progress) to still function within the new game.
    That's literally what every expansion does, minus the time skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    That's literally what every expansion does, minus the time skip.
    How did you read that and not literally read the next paragraph where I said why it’s different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Game vs. Game" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead