Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

World of Warcraft: Rise of the Aspects (fan made)

just in case anyone would think this is a literal leak or trying to be passed as one...its not.
    This is just a fun thing i came up with after thinking about the most interesting parts of Warcraft lore to me
    no its not about what is more likely than what
    no its not about "this is better than that"
    it is just a fun thought

WoW: Rise of the Aspects

After the events in shadowlands Azeroth is still recovering. 10 years has left the horde adjusting to their new council of leaders and the alliance coming to terms with their leadership issues. While the world seemingly knew peace it was not meant to last...the veil being broken released an old enemy and forces make their move all at once with the only prepared force being that of the black prince.

new level cap: 70
    4 new leveling zones spread throughout azeroth in a zidormi
    in
    dragon blight
    azsuna
    Tanaris
    Hyjal

1 level cap zone
    the dragon isles (an argus style zone with subzones within)

Dragon blight:
    the red dragon flight is fighting off the forces of the lich dragons that have become active after the veil was broken. The lich king and his forces are assisting but they need the heroes to find the source of this disturbance and you find that it is the soul of Galakrond slowly revitalizing his body.

Azsuna:
    The blue dragon flight in the broken isles have rejoined their bretheren but a power struggle now exists between those who think that Kalecgos is unfit to lead them and look to take the tome of spellweaving (i cant remember what that dumb book is called) and use the new dragons as puppet leaders and it is up to the heroes to reveal the plot and bring peace back to the flight.

Tanaris:
    The leader of the bronze dragons returns...as does the infinite dragonflight. This time they aim to destroy the caverns of time and with their destruction cripple the bronze flight's ability to traverse the timelines. The heroes fight to save the caverns and along the way Nozdormu sacrifices himself and while the caverns are saved the infinite's leader has arrived.

Hyjal:
    The green dragons have been fighting off the nightmare but it is here that the twilight cult works to release the true twilight dragon now only needing to remove one seal from his body. The heroes fight to halt the release of this dragon but in the end without the green aspects return her flight had shirked their responsibility and their seal was released (so in canon the body has a guard from each flight and i figure why not use the cata zone and the flight that has actually lost its leader and has no real sense of purpose in the story.)

dragon isles:
    with the new threats we see a familiar face call us back. The black prince along with his brother Abyssion have come to call us to the dragon isles in an attempt to have the dragonflights regain their lost might. The dragon isles also attract the enemies we have seen so far in ways to further their own plans.
    Chromatus: to use the secrets of the dragon isles to make his brood stable and numerous
    Infinite: to gain the power to destroy the true timeline once and for all
    Galakrond: to devour all who oppose him and gain unmatched power
    Will we manage to harness the power of Azeroth to make the new aspects needed to protect it??

Wrathion has been working this last decade to train his own warriors to match enemies of Azeroth that the horde and alliance would not be reliable enough to work together to defeat.

New class Dragonsworn:
    mortals trained from Wrathion's own talonguard now ready to fight fire with dragon fire
    starter scenario takes you throughout the timeline from when wrathion was a hatchling to when the veil was sealed
    hero class
    mail armor
    4 specs
    black dragonflight power is a base for the class and by mixing it with the other flights you gain the ability to fight on par with the new threats

bronze/black: tank using the power of the two flights to take the hits and put off the damage similar to legion monk tanks

red/black: melee using the fury of dragon flame and might to destroy the enemy with constant furious blows

green/black: healer using the natural powers of the dream and earth to help your enemies stay alive

blue/black: ranged caster harnessing the power of draconic magic to annihilate the enemy

a kinda of combo system for the class would for exampls as the melee
    you place the fire dot from your basic ability on
    you place the dot from your other abilities on
    you burn the dots from your enemy dealing more damage per effect consumed
    your CD turns your abilities into overdrive making them apply max stacks of each effect with only one use and your big ability becomes aoe
    the class wide system is similar to shadow priest insanity with the "dragon form" being scales with wings similar to the wrathion trinket
    dragon breath
    dragon scales for defensive CDs
    flight similar to zen flight but with the character model floating like the mechagon jetpack just replace the jet pack with wing animations

first raid would deal with the infinite dragons where you learn that the moruzond we fought in the hour of twilight was (retcon) a false image created by the old gods and the bronze dragons get Chromie as their official leader and the first of the new aspects. Chromatus uses the defeat of moruzond to devour his body and gain the power of the infinite

obviously a borrowed power system will exist because even fan concepts cant get away from them
    Azeroth's flight system
    a kind of talent tree with empty sockets and some generic abilities
    the sockets are filled with gems from each flight which follow certain roles like blue is ranged and caster and green is for healer
    you get these gems from dungeons and raids and emissaries
    you unlock more sockets via the new AP system

by the end of the expansion you have a revitalized dragon species and new aspects along with expanded lore for dragons and azeroth herself

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    just in case anyone would think this is a literal leak or trying to be passed as one...its not.
    This is just a fun thing i came up with after thinking about the most interesting parts of Warcraft lore to me
    no its not about what is more likely than what
    no its not about "this is better than that"
    it is just a fun thought

WoW: Rise of the Aspects

After the events in shadowlands Azeroth is still recovering. 10 years has left the horde adjusting to their new council of leaders and the alliance coming to terms with their leadership issues. While the world seemingly knew peace it was not meant to last...the veil being broken released an old enemy and forces make their move all at once with the only prepared force being that of the black prince.

new level cap: 70
    4 new leveling zones spread throughout azeroth in a zidormi
    in
    dragon blight
    azsuna
    Tanaris
    Hyjal

1 level cap zone
    the dragon isles (an argus style zone with subzones within)

Dragon blight:
    the red dragon flight is fighting off the forces of the lich dragons that have become active after the veil was broken. The lich king and his forces are assisting but they need the heroes to find the source of this disturbance and you find that it is the soul of Galakrond slowly revitalizing his body.

Azsuna:
    The blue dragon flight in the broken isles have rejoined their bretheren but a power struggle now exists between those who think that Kalecgos is unfit to lead them and look to take the tome of spellweaving (i cant remember what that dumb book is called) and use the new dragons as puppet leaders and it is up to the heroes to reveal the plot and bring peace back to the flight.

Tanaris:
    The leader of the bronze dragons returns...as does the infinite dragonflight. This time they aim to destroy the caverns of time and with their destruction cripple the bronze flight's ability to traverse the timelines. The heroes fight to save the caverns and along the way Nozdormu sacrifices himself and while the caverns are saved the infinite's leader has arrived.

Hyjal:
    The green dragons have been fighting off the nightmare but it is here that the twilight cult works to release the true twilight dragon now only needing to remove one seal from his body. The heroes fight to halt the release of this dragon but in the end without the green aspects return her flight had shirked their responsibility and their seal was released (so in canon the body has a guard from each flight and i figure why not use the cata zone and the flight that has actually lost its leader and has no real sense of purpose in the story.)

dragon isles:
    with the new threats we see a familiar face call us back. The black prince along with his brother Abyssion have come to call us to the dragon isles in an attempt to have the dragonflights regain their lost might. The dragon isles also attract the enemies we have seen so far in ways to further their own plans.
    Chromatus: to use the secrets of the dragon isles to make his brood stable and numerous
    Infinite: to gain the power to destroy the true timeline once and for all
    Galakrond: to devour all who oppose him and gain unmatched power
    Will we manage to harness the power of Azeroth to make the new aspects needed to protect it??

Wrathion has been working this last decade to train his own warriors to match enemies of Azeroth that the horde and alliance would not be reliable enough to work together to defeat.

New class Dragonsworn:
    mortals trained from Wrathion's own talonguard now ready to fight fire with dragon fire
    starter scenario takes you throughout the timeline from when wrathion was a hatchling to when the veil was sealed
    hero class
    mail armor
    4 specs
    black dragonflight power is a base for the class and by mixing it with the other flights you gain the ability to fight on par with the new threats

bronze/black: tank using the power of the two flights to take the hits and put off the damage similar to legion monk tanks

red/black: melee using the fury of dragon flame and might to destroy the enemy with constant furious blows

green/black: healer using the natural powers of the dream and earth to help your enemies stay alive

blue/black: ranged caster harnessing the power of draconic magic to annihilate the enemy

a kinda of combo system for the class would for exampls as the melee
    you place the fire dot from your basic ability on
    you place the dot from your other abilities on
    you burn the dots from your enemy dealing more damage per effect consumed
    your CD turns your abilities into overdrive making them apply max stacks of each effect with only one use and your big ability becomes aoe
    the class wide system is similar to shadow priest insanity with the "dragon form" being scales with wings similar to the wrathion trinket
    dragon breath
    dragon scales for defensive CDs
    flight similar to zen flight but with the character model floating like the mechagon jetpack just replace the jet pack with wing animations

first raid would deal with the infinite dragons where you learn that the moruzond we fought in the hour of twilight was (retcon) a false image created by the old gods and the bronze dragons get Chromie as their official leader and the first of the new aspects. Chromatus uses the defeat of moruzond to devour his body and gain the power of the infinite

obviously a borrowed power system will exist because even fan concepts cant get away from them
    Azeroth's flight system
    a kind of talent tree with empty sockets and some generic abilities
    the sockets are filled with gems from each flight which follow certain roles like blue is ranged and caster and green is for healer
    you get these gems from dungeons and raids and emissaries
    you unlock more sockets via the new AP system

by the end of the expansion you have a revitalized dragon species and new aspects along with expanded lore for dragons and azeroth herself
    Two big issues. I don't see Blizzard making another 4 spec class. It's just way too much work.

Two, the Titans made the Aspects so there's really no way to make new Aspects or revitalize their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Two big issues. I don't see Blizzard making another 4 spec class. It's just way too much work.

Two, the Titans made the Aspects so there's really no way to make new Aspects or revitalize their powers.
    1. eh its still a fun thought

2. While this is true it is also true we can use azeroth to empower the flights

Fighting Lich Dragons... fighting revolutionary blue dragons... fighting "true twilight dragons"... I don't think a dragon expansion would be very satisfying. The dragonflights have been very thoroughly fleshed out, and their story has been told. In fact, I think that they might suffer a little bit from overexposure (we fought the Bronze Dragonflight... crazy blue dragons... black dragons... the twilight dragonflight... chromatic dragons... seriously, do we really want to fight more dragons?).

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Fighting Lich Dragons... fighting revolutionary blue dragons... fighting "true twilight dragons"... I don't think a dragon expansion would be very satisfying. The dragonflights have been very thoroughly fleshed out, and their story has been told. In fact, I think that they might suffer a little bit from overexposure (we fought the Bronze Dragonflight... crazy blue dragons... black dragons... the twilight dragonflight... chromatic dragons... seriously, do we really want to fight more dragons?).
    Yes. I will always take dragons over stupid shit like faction conflict or zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    personally...yes

dragons have most of their lore in books and as of now have just been sidelined for multiple expansions and have multiple storylines that are just dropped...like the amount of island expedition stuff that was just like "hey heres some stuff happening with dragons btw dont forget them" just made my D&D and old school warcraft boner go BOING

in the end of the day, most ideas doesnt matter much anymore, since the game design is the more impacting part and the bigger „problem“ (when you are part of „that“ side of the community) than the ideas or lore behind.

the game design will not stop being shit, from a players perspective (as said, when you are of „that“ player type). because game design will not stop to use „systems“ instead of content, bcause its cheaper (just simple UIs and DB entries instead of GFX/world/gameengine). game design will not stop, supporting and forcing the use of their smart cash grab system (token). game design will not stop to be halfassed beta shit. game design will not stop to implement steadily new borrowed power systems, just to have a feature list for the new xpac.

summary: game design will not change, simply because the actual formula since Legion will make more profi and is more cheap. its milk the cow on a high level and it will stay there.

or in short: i personally (as „that“ type of player) be no longer much interessted in any ideas, because i know for sure, its just more of the same anyway. because the actual cheap shit game design feeds em more money. so its useless and uninteressting to speculate about any ideas or what „could“ be. will not happen anyway.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-05-22 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd much rather WoW move forward to new stuff, than go back to what amounts to another Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'd much rather WoW move forward to new stuff, than go back to what amounts to another Cataclysm.
    we havent dealt with chromatus or galakrond in game

10+ Year Old Account
    we havent dealt with chromatus or galakrond in game
    What you suggest is basically a bunch of reworked zones we already seen and yet another Deathwing-like boi. That's just not really interesting, seeing there are so many other new things to explore like Void Lords, Light and so on.

It just pales in comparison to something like going head to head with Shadowguard, Dreadlords or forces of Light, which are all infinitely more interesting than yet another bunch of shitty dragons all over again.

You legit propose Cataclysm 2.0, which is hilarious seeing how the 1.0 one was such a flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What you suggest is basically a bunch of reworked zones we already seen and yet another Deathwing-like boi. That's just not really interesting, seeing there are so many other new things to explore like Void Lords, Light and so on.

It just pales in comparison to something like going head to head with Shadowguard, Dreadlords or forces of Light, which are all infinitely more interesting than yet another bunch of shitty dragons all over again.

You legit propose Cataclysm 2.0, which is hilarious seeing how the 1.0 one was such a flop.
    I think a big complaint about Cata was the zone reworks destroying everything and the new zidormii stuff stops that

Personally I’m tired of void and light stuff but that might be because of the length of 7.3 and 8.3

In my opinion, we dont need new classes. We got more than enough classes, its just the rotations and spell animation only changes on 1 spell when an expansion comes out, primarily the spell that gets introduced in the expansion and is useless after expansion. They do sometimes go from lets say, bleed to direct dmg, but the rotation itself never changes. Would be better if they just streamlined everyones dps to the point that the difference between lowest dps class and highest dps class would be a max of 5-8%.

Story wise, its a start. Every expansion needs to open doors to a new villain, which ultimately shows the biggest villain. In your story it talks about galakrond and such, but who will be the biggest villain to look forward in the next expansions. Could be nice hearing that after defeating galakrond a new old god falls on azeroth and we find out its the improved Y saarj, revitalized after 100 and thousands of years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    In my opinion, we dont need new classes. We got more than enough classes, its just the rotations and spell animation only changes on 1 spell when an expansion comes out, primarily the spell that gets introduced in the expansion and is useless after expansion. They do sometimes go from lets say, bleed to direct dmg, but the rotation itself never changes. Would be better if they just streamlined everyones dps to the point that the difference between lowest dps class and highest dps class would be a max of 5-8%.
    Nah, we definitely need a new class. Shadowlands and BFA shows you can "focus on the existing classes" and people are still not satisfied. Also the game needs some new blood, and a new class would help quite a bit, since it would give players a new way to interact with the game.

As for a Dragon-based expansion with a Dragon-based class; I'm fine with it. Just allow players to be a dragon akin to Wrathion, Kairoz, Azuregos, Verdisa, or something similar and you'll have a winner.

After seeing how Order is dealing with the Shadowlands, how can people ask for a Dragon/Titan-themed class?

Sometimes I get the feeling that the players are stuck in the mindset of the naive heroes who fought versus Illidan as described in his book from his perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    After seeing how Order is dealing with the Shadowlands, how can people ask for a Dragon/Titan-themed class?

Sometimes I get the feeling that the players are stuck in the mindset of the naive heroes who fought versus Illidan as described in his book from his perspective.
    It’s because it’s a fun idea

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Nah, we definitely need a new class. Shadowlands and BFA shows you can "focus on the existing classes" and people are still not satisfied. Also the game needs some new blood, and a new class would help quite a bit, since it would give players a new way to interact with the game.

As for a Dragon-based expansion with a Dragon-based class; I'm fine with it. Just allow players to be a dragon akin to Wrathion, Kairoz, Azuregos, Verdisa, or something similar and you'll have a winner.
    There are 24 specs in WoW, this should be more than enough, no game should have too many or else what happens is that the developers become too annoyed in making the specs fun. Dont focus on quantity but on quality. The specs need to be fun to play but also need to be rewarding aswell in PVE or PVP. Right now the fun is loooong gone, so people choose the class with the highest dps wich takes the least amount of effort. Putting another class would mean another boring class, might be fun for 1 expansion but later on its boring. I would rather do this.

1: Homogenize the damage output so that people dont choose based on damage in PVE and PVP. By doing this, they wont have to rebalance every single time and people will choose a class they like instead. Think the highest dps class should be 5% to 8% higher than the lowest dps class, but the class with the highest dps must have a rotation that isnt easy to do.

2: Change specs for about 40% after each expansion, right now its just one borrowed spell and thats it.

3: Make some awesome animations, people love special effects.

It might seem that im rude but im socially retarded so dont take it personally.

There are 24 specs in WoW, this should be more than enough, no game should have too many or else what happens is that the developers become too annoyed in making the specs fun. Dont focus on quantity but on quality. The specs need to be fun to play but also need to be rewarding aswell in PVE or PVP. Right now the fun is loooong gone, so people choose the class with the highest dps wich takes the least amount of effort. Putting another class would mean another boring class, might be fun for 1 expansion but later on its boring. I would rather do this.

1: Homogenize the damage output so that people dont choose based on damage in PVE and PVP. By doing this, they wont have to rebalance every single time and people will choose a class they like instead. Think the highest dps class should be 5% to 8% higher than the lowest dps class, but the class with the highest dps must have a rotation that isnt easy to do.

2: Change specs for about 40% after each expansion, right now its just one borrowed spell and thats it.

3: Make some awesome animations, people love special effects.

It might seem that im rude but im socially retarded so dont take it personally.
    1. damage output isnt even the biggest issue. Look at hunter SV is actually a big pumper but it brings less utility.
    2. they already stated that players hate having to relearn their spec every expansion
    3. agree

honestly its easier to balance numbers of a fun class that they dont fuck with every 2 years but they get boring and personally im bored with monk and its still my favorite class

adding another class does add a little bit of a balancing act but they never get it perfectly and they never will so just have fun with it as long as its nothing insane

as long as its nothing lore breaking like a chromatic dragon orphan

10+ Year Old Account
    There's multiple flaws in your reasoning here;

1. Obviously the existing specs aren't enough because people are still asking for new classes.
    2. If developers are overwhelmed by their workload, then that developer needs to hire more developers.
    3. Stating that the game is no longer fun, and that the classes are boring is nothing more than your personal opinion.

cant wait for expac leak season,

always an exciting time lol

1. damage output isnt even the biggest issue. Look at hunter SV is actually a big pumper but it brings less utility.
    2. they already stated that players hate having to relearn their spec every expansion
    3. agree

honestly its easier to balance numbers of a fun class that they dont fuck with every 2 years but they get boring and personally im bored with monk and its still my favorite class

adding another class does add a little bit of a balancing act but they never get it perfectly and they never will so just have fun with it as long as its nothing insane

as long as its nothing lore breaking like a chromatic dragon orphan
    If people see at warcraftlogs that the dps of a certain spec is at the rock bottom or near, they will ditch that spec and start playing a spec thats in the upper 5 highest dps spec. The difference is most of the time 20% between them, because of how the fights are. Lets just say a bleed spec thats focussed more on single target, this means that it doesnt have a big burst, just look at the feral. It takes time to get all bleeds on and let it keep ticking. If there is an AOE encounter in raids, well you are screwed since the adds will die too fast, bleeds will have ticked for 50%. This also means that it goes rockbottom in a raid where there is alot of AOE and it also goes low at M+. Plus the negativity from the playerbase that comes with it, thats why the damage should be homogenized.

Just because they say that players hate having to relearn their spec shows how ignorant Blizzard is. MAJORITY of the people hate it that the only new thing is always 1-2 spells and thats it, which only changes the rotation by 5% orso, plus its a borrowed spells for just one expansion. Scour the discord and players who play specs at a high level, they WANT change cuz they dont want a rotation that is several expansions old. Yes there will be people who want to do their rotation to be as basic like a warrior hitting their heads on their keyboard, but is that really the majority?