Are those machima movies still being made?

Remember watching quite a few of them when WoW was still quite new. Illegal danish was a classic, and the most ambitious one I ever saw was a 90 minute long, or so where they fought against the Lich King (don't remember the name, but it was before WotLK because they didn't have the actual Lich King model) and they managed to "cure" him or something after fighting him inside Sapphiron's room in Naxxramas.

Are these still being made? They must be better than ever with the new models.

The youtuber nixxiom or sth like that still does some. However they're more like skits with a length of max ~10 minutes

Sadly yes they are... Not my favorite's but I know a lot of people that thoroughly enjoy them.

Captain Grim is the only English youtuber who still puts out WoW machinimas out on a regular basis. Nixxiom sometimes puts one out every now and then, but nowhere near as often as he used too. All of the other English machinima channels are pretty much dead. OxHorn films, SlightlyImpressive, etc.

Besides Captain Grim, the only other Youtuber I know who still regularly puts out machinimas for MMOs is ZANEKONPU, who does FF14 stuff.

The machinima scene for MMOs might still be big in China, but they aren't really being posted on Youtuber anymore. You'll probably have to go over to Billibilli or Weibo to find them. Good luck finding one with English subs, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah there are still some great machinimas being made, really enjoy every time this guy puts out a video

chronicles of the annoying quest is one episode a year

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i miss those, they were big deal
    why did they die? they are nowhere as they used to be
    i'll sub to captaim grim no question, still one of my most fav videos is arcanite reaper hoooooooooo
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Remember watching quite a few of them when WoW was still quite new. Illegal danish was a classic, and the most ambitious one I ever saw was a 90 minute long, or so where they fought against the Lich King (don't remember the name, but it was before WotLK because they didn't have the actual Lich King model) and they managed to "cure" him or something after fighting him inside Sapphiron's room in Naxxramas.

Are these still being made? They must be better than ever with the new models.

You mean Tales of the past ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtnz9v4HWi8

10+ Year Old Account
    They are but not as much as back in the day. The most recent ones of great quality I remember watching is called "Light's Champions" and they were really well done.

This era's/generation's version of "Tales from the Past" for sure.

They aren't being made because they take a while to make and youtube algorithm requires you to have daily vids with subscribers that interact with them.

Few Youtubers does it, but no match to the old vibe, I personally feel this.

- - - Updated - - -

TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Would be cool if Machinima artists could take the assets into Unreal and use that instead.

I remembered someone doing that with Reforged models, and they looked way better than anything in Blizzard's engines.

I feel like WoW machinima as a whole kind of fell off because WoW was super big back in the day and, as a result, drew in a lot of talented filmmakers who unfortunately started to lose interest in the game around the time of Wrath / Cata (e.g. Oxhorn, Myndflame, Irdeen, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    You mean Tales of the past ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtnz9v4HWi8
    Best series ever! Martin Falch

There are still people doing such movies on Youtube. They either make shorter "for fun" stuff, or really elaborate longer videos.

Back in the day there were tons making them, but only 2 or so that I found to be of high enough quality to follow regularly. Now there's far fewer, but they tend to be of better quality across the board.

This one's my favourite:

Just a sidenote but for real, that sword should've wiped out more zones than just Silithus...