Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    2 rtx 3080 pre builds - is any worth?

    AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9GHz 2TB HDD+SSD 500GB M.2 32GB DDR4 GeForce RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X 320-bit

    RAM:32GB DDR4 3200MHz 2x16GB Dual Channel

    GeForce RTX 3080 OC 10GB
    80+ Gold
    850W
    air cooled

    price:2500 euro


    Intel Core i9-10850K up to 5.2GHz 2TB HDD+SSD 256GB NVMe 32GB DDR4 GeForce RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X 320-bit
    RAM:32GB DDR4 3600MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel
    GeForce RTX 3080 10GB
    80+ Gold
    850W
    processor is liquid cooled

    price:2700euro

  2. #2
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    13,972
    If you're set on one of those, then get the top one


    But they seem hilariously overpriced. These are like 1500-1700 euro builds

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    If you're set on one of those, then get the top one


    But they seem hilariously overpriced. These are like 1500-1700 euro builds
    no way lol, with 1500 euro u barely get a rtx3060 pc nowadays

    most rtx3080 pcs are over 3k, the market is crazy right now i know

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Viikkis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,021
    Do also some more research to the cooling and case airflow. That is usually a problem in some prebuilts so just air cooled or liquid cooled doesn't tell much if the case has terrible airflow to begin with.

    About the price well everything is overpriced right now and will stay that way for quite a while.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Do also some more research to the cooling and case airflow. That is usually a problem in some prebuilts so just air cooled or liquid cooled doesn't tell much if the case has terrible airflow to begin with.

    About the price well everything is overpriced right now and will stay that way for quite a while.
    AMD one has 3x120mm vents infront and 1x 140mm in the back, middle tower case W x D x H mm 552 x 545 x 251 mm

    intel one has 4x120 mm in front and the processor is liquid cooled middle tower case W x D x H mm 210 x 550 x 440 mm

  6. #6
    Aldi had 1500 Euro builds with 3070 inside. But you gotta be fast.

    May 27: MEDION ERAZER Engineer X10.
    1499 Euro. With 3070

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    AMD one has 3x120mm vents infront and 1x 140mm in the back, middle tower case W x D x H mm 552 x 545 x 251 mm

    intel one has 4x120 mm in front and the processor is liquid cooled middle tower case W x D x H mm 210 x 550 x 440 mm
    If you have any link we could check actual parts. The issue with prebuilt is not that they're prebuilt, it's the fact that usually they have crappy components like PSU or mobo that make no sense or really hinder your performance. For that price you are either buying those from some "boutique" website or are getting a terrible deal (even of we all know gpus are in a terribile state right now)
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Shakadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,274
    I feel like a HDD in a 2000€+ computer should probably be a crime of some sort.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If you have any link we could check actual parts. The issue with prebuilt is not that they're prebuilt, it's the fact that usually they have crappy components like PSU or mobo that make no sense or really hinder your performance. For that price you are either buying those from some "boutique" website or are getting a terrible deal (even of we all know gpus are in a terribile state right now)
    its not a boutique site, its more like a local amazon type but they build pcs aswell,

    https://www.cel.ro/calculatoare-desk...pMiExNTAuNw-l/

    https://www.cel.ro/calculatoare-desk...pNSA6MzAoMw-l/

    this are the links if it helps

    most rtx 3070 prebuilds are going for 2-2.4k on all websites, so 2500euro for a rtx3080 seems like a really "good deal" nowadays, prices might drop until the end of year and i might regret this but i dunno..

    theres a 2k euro rtx3070 build but it has a 500W source so ..

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9GHz 2TB HDD+SSD 500GB M.2 32GB DDR4 GeForce RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X 320-bit

    RAM:32GB DDR4 3200MHz 2x16GB Dual Channel

    GeForce RTX 3080 OC 10GB
    80+ Gold
    850W
    air cooled

    price:2500 euro


    Intel Core i9-10850K up to 5.2GHz 2TB HDD+SSD 256GB NVMe 32GB DDR4 GeForce RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X 320-bit
    RAM:32GB DDR4 3600MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel
    GeForce RTX 3080 10GB
    80+ Gold
    850W
    processor is liquid cooled

    price:2700euro
    You didnt say what you are using your pc for but for gaming I would go with the Intel one. The 3800X is not that good for gaming. Its even the worst value out of the Ryzen 3000 series. A 5600X or 5800X would be the better choice here but both builds have last gen CPUs in it. Since the Intel one uses 3600mhz memory you can also expect a mainboard with a premium chipset.
    Also if you get an aircooler with your AMD build chances are they just use the stock cooler and that thing is mediocre at best. A liquid cooler is overkill but at least it keeps your cpu at decent temps.

    Both versions are a bit overpriced. You can probably make your own build with a 5600X or 10700K/11600K and a 6900XT for less money. A new 6900XT from a retailer in my country costs like 1700€. AMD cards are kinda available to buy right now unlike Nvidia cards. But for bloated prices of course.

  11. #11
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    13,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I feel like a HDD in a 2000€+ computer should probably be a crime of some sort.
    I wouldn't say that, but having <1TB of SSD space should be.

    HDDs still have a reason for existing and that's cheap bulk storage. But at 2k+ you really shouldn't have to worry about your SSD space running out unless you're abusing it by never deleting games

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    You didnt say what you are using your pc for but for gaming I would go with the Intel one. The 3800X is not that good for gaming. Its even the worst value out of the Ryzen 3000 series. A 5600X or 5800X would be the better choice here but both builds have last gen CPUs in it.
    You know, I somehow completely blanked on it being a 3800x, my brain read 5800x

    Since the Intel one uses 3600mhz memory you can also expect a mainboard with a premium chipset.
    I mean, not really..? Some SIs will list high ram speeds but still use a board / CPU that can't actually reach those speeds because some (most?) consumers don't know, or care enough to check if they can run at that speed

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post

    I mean, not really..? Some SIs will list high ram speeds but still use a board / CPU that can't actually reach those speeds because some (most?) consumers don't know, or care enough to check if they can run at that speed
    Yes they do that but OP posted the original listings and you can see they use a Z490 mainboard so he can expect the RAM to run at 3600mhz.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I feel like a HDD in a 2000€+ computer should probably be a crime of some sort.
    Depends on its size and other drive options. For someone who has a data cap having a large drive to keep things you download can be useful. I have multiple TB of games backed up so I can just move them to an SSD when I want to play them instead of potentially going over the stupid cap because I wanted to play RDR2 or the like.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Yes they do that but OP posted the original listings and you can see they use a Z490 mainboard so he can expect the RAM to run at 3600mhz.
    IF they did their job and configured it to run at that speed. Which isn’t the case all too frequently.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

    IF they did their job and configured it to run at that speed. Which isn’t the case all too frequently.
    Worst case scenario is that you have to go into your BIOS and click on the XMP profile. That should be doable for everyone. The important part is that the CPU and mainboard even support 3600mhz RAM.

  15. #15
    These Diaxxa prebuilt systems have been featured on the localized official ASUS facebook page (the AMD one is running X570, probably TUF GAMING X570-PLUS), but still... they're terribly overpriced.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the extra 2 slots are just a PATHETICALLY low bonus, like legit, are you really mad over max 1.5% increased damage?

  16. #16
    Sadly, Pre-builts aren't good as a value as they were like 2 months ago. The market and scalpers have caught up and people were buying these machines for the purpose of ripping the GPU out and selling the rest of the system. A 3080 Alienware Aurora build was like $2300-2400 a few months ago, which was an alright deal. Now that same system is just over $3000. The PC market is just extremely inflated right now and sadly pre builts have now caught up to that market.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    its not a boutique site, its more like a local amazon type but they build pcs aswell,

    https://www.cel.ro/calculatoare-desk...pMiExNTAuNw-l/

    https://www.cel.ro/calculatoare-desk...pNSA6MzAoMw-l/

    this are the links if it helps

    most rtx 3070 prebuilds are going for 2-2.4k on all websites, so 2500euro for a rtx3080 seems like a really "good deal" nowadays, prices might drop until the end of year and i might regret this but i dunno..

    theres a 2k euro rtx3070 build but it has a 500W source so ..
    Links helped a little but not much. Specifics are terribly generic, but you have an x570/z490 mobo on the builds, so not cheap ones. Pictures are always an hit and miss and not a reliable way to judge.

    All in all they're good systems and shouldn't have crappy parts, while not top of the line ones. Anyway they're terrible deals and while i know you don't have many options to get a new gpu/rig, if you don't have any kind of urgency i'd wait. Yes you're risking to not find it in a while, but you're gonna save money.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  18. #18
    i would never buy a gpu in this market. everything is over priced. wait for the crypto craze to die down and then you can actually find one for msrp

  19. #19
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    13,972
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    i would never buy a gpu in this market. everything is over priced. wait for the crypto craze to die down and then you can actually find one for msrp
    It's not just crypto. There's just not enough supply because everyone wants new computers due to the lockdown.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    It's not just crypto. There's just not enough supply because everyone wants new computers due to the lockdown.
    its mostly crypto tho. they are putting shit on the card that makes them bad at crypto or at least the drivers are

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •