Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    are there any pre-reqs for squirt being available beyond having a (level 3?) garrison?

Are some people really surprised? You guys must have missed the whole Kerrigan thing. She killed more innocent people than all of warcraft has in total. If Blizzard pulled a redemption for her, redemption is in the cards for every single character if they have enough fans.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    December 2021
    No way! You are pulling my leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    There is also the end of the Lich King novel where Arthus gets rid of Ner'zul in his mind and then stamps out his own humanity for good measure.

Arthas actively chose to be the Lich King.
    His soul was sundered by then. Everything he did after picking Frostmourne is under a giant ????

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The way the Shadowlands are constructed, you do not *deserve* anything. By default, everyone goes to the Maw. Some entity or entities overlayed a system of judgement on it - a system that can be corrupted or destroyed and you have no say in its destruction.
    yeh that's currently what we have a corrupt system while the arbiter sleep, once they awaken things should return to normal

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Arthas story should have ended in WotLK. that was a fine end.

Digging up his decomposing body just to to drag it through another ham-fisted redemption arc is a massive warning sign that Blizzard's new writers are unable to write their own characters who can carry a story.
    Blizzard's new writers have the thankless task of trying to write a story in an MMO setting even I wouldn't want to do. They're creatively-stifled by the self-admitted company memo that game design supersedes story-telling. The lore is just window dressing for what's rapidly becoming a single player/MMO hybrid where the player character is the hero, and stories are episodic in nature to be reset at the end of an expansion recycle and softly rebooted at the beginning of the subsequent expansion. It's become like The Simpsons where it's not a parody of itself but one that makes a damn lot of money so it goes on, and on solely on IP value, and not because it's good or better than it was in its prime, but just good enough, like all things today that go on too long (Simpsons, WWE, Mortal Kombat, Tekken was heading in that direction until the 7th game.)

10+ Year Old Account
    As always, if you're a serious pet battler and/or focusing on a repetitive grind I recommend having the following addons:

• Rematch - This completely replaces the default Pet Journal UI with a much more robust version. It does take some getting used to, but the investment is very worthwhile.
    • tdBattlePetScript - Enables the creation and use of scripts for pet battling. Please note that this is not considered botting. A script requires human interaction and it only performs one action per button press for the active WoW client window.
    • tdBattlePetScript Rematch - tdBattlePet Script module specifically made for the Rematch addon.

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    are there any pre-reqs for squirt being available beyond having a (level 3?) garrison?
    Nope. And you can visit another person's garrison if yours isn't eligible.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2021-05-23 at 03:36 AM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post

Nope. And you can visit another person's garrison if yours isn't eligible.
    thank you very much! =)

Compassion my ass, Arthas is to me one of best written villains.. leave him dead and lore wise the same.. this pussy bs about him is so lame, he committed atrocities he shouldnt be redeemed same as sylvanas have some integrity for once.. if you dont how to write a story give someone that can, this rehashing of everything is dumb

Nice, they couldn't even restore the places to how they looked like in the past for that uther scenario, how disappointing. Where are going all the millions this company gets?

10+ Year Old Account
    so where are we able to lvl our pets to 25 in 3 mins? Who do i need to battle?

Oh, incompetent lore writers from Blizzard are going to milk once again another character from Wc3 because they don't know how to write a good one on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't see why this would be shocking. Revendreth seems to be a perfect fit for Arthas in every possible way.
    He had good intentions that was slowly eroded as he accepted more and more vile means of achieving them, with his most heinous acts commited after his soul was possibly tainted or even being mind controlled.

People like kel'thuzad or Sylvanas are just as evil if not more so with none of the justification.
    This, though both of them too were tainted by the time of their evil, though only Ktz had any choice in the matter (even if it was not a very conscious choice, as he was just as warlocks were: pursueing forbidden knowledge and power).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Blizzard's new writers have the thankless task of trying to write a story in an MMO setting even I wouldn't want to do. They're creatively-stifled by the self-admitted company memo that game design supersedes story-telling. The lore is just window dressing for what's rapidly becoming a single player/MMO hybrid where the player character is the hero, and stories are episodic in nature to be reset at the end of an expansion recycle and softly rebooted at the beginning of the subsequent expansion. It's become like The Simpsons where it's not a parody of itself but one that makes a damn lot of money so it goes on, and on solely on IP value, and not because it's good or better than it was in its prime, but just good enough, like all things today that go on too long (Simpsons, WWE, Mortal Kombat, Tekken was heading in that direction until the 7th game.)
    None of that excuses the level of written in recent years.

Gameplay should trump story. A great game to play with a worthless story still gets played because the game is fun. A brilliant story with the worst possible mechanics gets ignored because people are not having fun.

In no way does WoW 'require' an Arthas redemption arc is function. Nor does the writing need to be 'episodic' across expansions to function. If you didn't experience Vanilla or WotlK then BfA's focus on Saurfang made no sense.
    Sylvanas's story has been building for how many expansions now?

And yet Blizzard actively ignores their new characters to keep digging up the corpses of the past.

Why was Yrell ignored after WoD? She was a popular new Alliance character that could have continued to be used going forward but she is not from the Wc 2-3 era so fuck her.

The broad outlines of SL's story are fine, its the way they filled out those stories that is garbage.
    They have no faith in their ability to write new stuff so they keep pulling on nostalgia strings because they have nothing else.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2021-05-23 at 09:13 AM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    In case of emergency, break the Arthas glass
    It worked with Illidan, surely doing the same thing twice can't be a bad thing, right? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    It worked with Illidan, surely doing the same thing twice can't be a bad thing, right? Right?
    What glass are we going to break next? Anduin Lothar? There isn't much left to recycle and bastardize.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    What glass are we going to break next? Anduin Lothar? There isn't much left to recycle and bastardize.
    Technically next would be Deathwing. Probably in some convoluted means to save the dragons and it requires restoring him to life and sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Technically next would be Deathwing. Probably in some convoluted means to save the dragons and it requires restoring him to life and sanity.
    This is diabolical.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    Compassion my ass, Arthas is to me one of best written villains.. leave him dead and lore wise the same.. this pussy bs about him is so lame, he committed atrocities he shouldnt be redeemed same as sylvanas have some integrity for once.. if you dont how to write a story give someone that can, this rehashing of everything is dumb
    Personally I would love if jaina and Uther went in to “save” Arthas and he refused

“What I did I did out of choice”
    “But Arthas you were being controlled”
    “Not for all of it jaina...up until the end I still had some free will and that is why I deserve this”
    “Boy you should not be here. It was I who forced this torment upon you and I am responsible for your twisted mind now”
    “Uther my dear friend. You allowed me to see your face, the face of the man who gave everything for me, one last time. The pain and anger in your eyes were caused by me and knowing that is worse than any torment by the jailer that I suffer. I am where I must be and you must let me go”

Awful
    Terrible
    Cliche

Still better than what we will get

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Personally I would love if jaina and Uther went in to “save” Arthas and he refused

“What I did I did out of choice”
    “But Arthas you were being controlled”
    “Not for all of it jaina...up until the end I still had some free will and that is why I deserve this”
    “Boy you should not be here. It was I who forced this torment upon you and I am responsible for your twisted mind now”
    “Uther my dear friend. You allowed me to see your face, the face of the man who gave everything for me, one last time. The pain and anger in your eyes were caused by me and knowing that is worse than any torment by the jailer that I suffer. I am where I must be and you must let me go”

Awful
    Terrible
    Cliche

Still better than what we will get
    Might aswell save it for after the arbiter being restored and Arthas just being strait judged into the Maw.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death