Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You yourself said the bomb threat was made up, wtf are you on about?
    So is Shalcker now saying the diversion to Minsk because of a bomb threat was just a lucky coincidence?
    No i don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    They won't go that far, so chill your horses.

It makes sense to not fly over a country, that'll hijack a plane.
    Got to agree, it's highly unlikely.

That particular flight didn't flew because they failed to approve non-Belorussian route in time given rapid pace of events, not because Russia is covering for Belarus in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Yes, you have spread and continue to spread false narratives. Your explanations for the fake bomb threat are just in fantasy land.
    You insisting on including fighter jet in an equation is really strange.

As previously stated a fighter jet is by its very definition a threat; and therefore the rest of Europe and the US includes this when they accuse Belarus of forcing the plane to the ground using a military aircraft.
    Quote them. Should be easy enough.

This is what we know:
    The terrorist state of Belarus used a knowingly false bomb threat and a military aircraft to force the plane travelling between two EU countries to the ground in Minsk.
    Again you're pushing disinfo. No, it was just false bomb threat. There was no point at which military aircraft had any hand in "forcing" the plane to land.

The terrorist state Belarus hijacked a plane and risked the lives of more than a hundred passengers just to kidnap two dissidents.
    *you absolutely can imagine argument here*

Many countries no longer fly over Belarus and Belarussian aircrafts are denied access to most of the rest of Europe.
    It's interesting with how EU overreacts to such things when they are on a receiving end.

Though do they have any other option? I guess against anyone defended by Russia they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Interesting analogy. What if Russia decides that the EU is behaving like the crazy madman?

It could, for example, ban all flights from entering Russian airspace that usually overfly Belarus unless they continue to do so as normal. Looks like they have already started to do that...

Air France cancels Moscow flight as Russia snubs Belarus bypass.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ss-2021-05-26/

Imagine what that disruption could do to EU-Asia aviation trade routes and EU cheap imports from say China.
    The EU can afford it and I'm not sure Russia wants to piss of China by going to hard in trying to prevent Eu-Asia aviation.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Quote them. Should be easy enough.
    I have posted it already, but since you seem to ignore things that doesn't confirm to your false narratives I can happily post it again and again, until the facts sink in.

https://un.mfa.ee/joint-media-stakeo...4978-to-minsk/
    https://usun.usmission.gov/joint-sta...4978-to-minsk/
    We, the current European Union members of the Security Council, Estonia, France and Ireland, and the previous EU Council Members, Belgium and Germany, joined today by the Security Council members, Norway, the United Kingdom and the United States, strongly condemn the forced landing of a Ryanair flight in Minsk, Belarus, on 23 May 2021, endangering aviation safety, and the detention by Belarusian authorities of journalist Raman Pratasevich and Sofia Sapega.

The airplane, owned by a European Union company, carrying more than 100 passengers from one EU Member State’s capital to another, was forced to land based on false grounds by a Belarusian military aircraft. These acts are a blatant attack on international civilian aviation safety and on European security and show flagrant disregard for international law....
    We also now see that Belarussian planes are no longer welcome in the EU.

Interesting analogy. What if Russia decides that the EU is behaving like the crazy madman?

It could, for example, ban all flights from entering Russian airspace that usually overfly Belarus unless they continue to do so as normal. Looks like they have already started to do that...

Air France cancels Moscow flight as Russia snubs Belarus bypass.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ss-2021-05-26/

Imagine what that disruption could do to EU-Asia aviation trade routes and EU cheap imports from say China.
    Yes, they could. And I have talked about that possibility two days ago already. We know what disruptions, or rather, additional cost would bring. The entire cold war happened without Russia granting overflight permissions. It's not that big of a deal, just adds cost and Finnair will see more business.

Btw, China imports come by ship...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    They won't go that far, so chill your horses.
    They might. That European airlines can overfly Russia is a pretty recent thing. Given the erratic and aggressive nature of Russian foreign policy, this is absolutely a likely outcome. It all depends on what mood the relationship between Luka and Putin is these days. It's a bit of a weird abuse relationship, so who knows, maybe Russia will reward their little abuse victim today.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This isn't about affecting change. We're past wasting time on ex-Soviet authoritarian regimes. This is the EU going into self-protection mode. If you see a crazy madman with a hatchet walking around the mall, do you start a discussion with him about his mental state or... do you simply avoid interacting with him and ban him from the mall?

There you go.
    The moment EU stops to interact with Russia, it goes into self destructive mode. It's just the way it is. And for what, because of some yankee bait news you keep biting on? Chill out dude. It's not as bad as it seem. And also, the EU isn't really in a position to take a moral stance here. We, together with our cowboy "allies", have destroyed half of the planet.
    The world is changing, the west is not going to be the centre of the world forever, and when that time comes you wished you had kept your interactions and exchanges going.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, they could. And I have talked about that possibility two days ago already. We know what disruptions, or rather, additional cost would bring. The entire cold war happened without Russia granting overflight permissions. It's not that big of a deal, just adds cost and Finnair will see more business.

Btw, China imports come by ship...

- - - Updated - - -

They might. That European airlines can overfly Russia is a pretty recent thing. Given the erratic and aggressive nature of Russian foreign policy, this is absolutely a likely outcome. It all depends on what mood the relationship between Luka and Putin is these days. It's a bit of a weird abuse relationship, so who knows, maybe Russia will reward their little abuse victim today.
    "erratic and aggressive nature of Russian foreign policies"...

Erratic, maybe... Aggressive? Really? Coming from Europe?
    Man you're in for a shock once you realise the rest of the world doesn't see things from a western centric point of view.

Good luck explaining literally to the rest of the planet that Russia is the aggressive one ahah.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    The moment EU stops to interact with Russia, it goes into self destructive mode. It's just the way it is. And for what, because of some yankee bait news you keep biting on? Chill out dude. It's not as bad as it seem. And also, the EU isn't really in a position to take a moral stance here. We, together with our cowboy "allies", have destroyed half of the planet.
    The world is changing, the west is not going to be the centre of the world forever, and when that time comes you wished you had kept your interactions and exchanges going.

- - - Updated - - -

"erratic and aggressive nature of Russian foreign policies"...

Erratic, maybe... Aggressive? Really? Coming from Europe?
    Man you're in for a shock once you realise the rest of the world doesn't see things from a western centric point of view.

Good luck explaining literally to the rest of the planet that Russia is the aggressive one ahah.
    I have to explain nothing. This is about Belarus for now. We'll see if Russia is dumb enough to join the game. Ultimately, it doesn't matter to us. You're doing what Russian trollbots always do, you grossly overestimate the importance of a regional power like Russia. Nobody here gives a shit what Russia does, honestly. You're such a tiny economical dwarf, whatever you do is not going to impress us any more than what the UK just did. Turns out, we're doing fine. Why? Cos we (the EU and US) are actually the center of the world. Not by choice, but that's what happens when you're actually a free country or a trade bloc of free countries.

You should try it, might even get Russia out of that economical dirthold they've dug themselves into. Alas, you'd have to tell Putin to give up power. That ain't gonna happen anytime soon. So, tada for now, enjoy your little serfdom in Putin's Soviet 2.0 reimagined Russia.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    That goes both ways. But on top, Russia would literally cut off part of their country if they did that.
    We will see. Air France denied entry to Russian airspace, and now Austrian Airlines this morning too...

Russia is reportedly stopping EU flights from entering Russian airspace

https://twitter.com/adamparsons/stat...07906293506055

Who will blink first?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I have to explain nothing. This is about Belarus for now. We'll see if Russia is dumb enough to join the game. Ultimately, it doesn't matter to us. You're doing what Russian trollbots always do, you grossly overestimate the importance of a regional power like Russia. Nobody here gives a shit what Russia does, honestly. You're such a tiny economical dwarf, whatever you do is not going to impress us any more than what the UK just did. Turns out, we're doing fine. Why? Cos we (the EU and US) are actually the center of the world. Not by choice, but that's what happens when you're actually a free country or a trade bloc of free countries.

You should try it, might even get Russia out of that economical dirthold they've dug themselves into. Alas, you'd have to tell Putin to give up power. That ain't gonna happen anytime soon. So, tada for now, enjoy your little serfdom in Putin's Soviet 2.0 reimagined Russia.
    Look at you raging. I'm from a nation that started Europe my friend. I'm a strong believer in a functional European Union. Which means isolating weak links like yourself, baiting on Yankee propaganda like a good boy, and prepare for a new balance. The US won't last forever. And when it's gone it'll be yourself standing alone in the useless ivory tower you built with your own hands. Unlike the US however, which is faaaar away, we're in the midst of it all.
    Have a bit of vision kid and play it smart, the world is changing.

Look at you raging. I'm from a nation that started Europe my friend. I'm a strong believer in a functional European Union. Which means isolating weak links like yourself, baiting on Yankee propaganda like a good boy, and prepare for a new balance. The US won't last forever. And when it's gone it'll be yourself standing alone in the useless ivory tower you built with your own hands. Unlike the US however, which is faaaar away, we're in the midst of it all.
    Have a bit of vision kid and play it smart, the world is changing.
    Doubt that very much, my little communist friend.

Doubt that very much, my little communist friend.
    Communist huh? Straight from a yankee 1950s booklet. Who's a good boy huh *pats head*

15+ Year Old Account
    We will see. Air France denied entry to Russian airspace, and now Austrian Airlines this morning too...

Who will blink first?
    I couldn't care less.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Who will blink first?
    Russia further isolating itself is going to hurt Russia a lot more then its going to hurt the EU.
    And if China gets pissed that the EU can't fly there anymore its only going to get worse for Russia.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Who will blink first?
    The EU can't, on account of it doing the most massive off all yawns, the one where you even have to close your eyes that's how big the yawn is...

Go back to celebrating how British existances are going bust, that's what you do best. Bye now!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Russia further isolating itself is going to hurt Russia a lot more then its going to hurt the EU.
    And if China gets pissed that the EU can't fly there anymore its only going to get worse for Russia.
    We'll just have to fly along the Persian region again, like we used to. It'll increase cost a bit, but that's not a big issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Communist huh? Straight from a yankee 1950s booklet. Who's a good boy huh *pats head*
    Cute. I'm now going to also block you along with your other commie buddies, you have failed to splurt out one useful thing thus far and there is little chance anything you are going to say in the future is relevant to anything. You've had your day of fame with me, bye now.

- - - Updated - - -

And further proof coming out... https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN2D81HN

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -A bomb threat cited by Belarusian authorities as the reason for forcing a Ryanair jetliner carrying a dissident journalist to land in Minsk was sent after the plane was diverted, privacy-focused email provider Proton Technologies AG said on Thursday.
    Yeah, all of this is bullshit. I'm curious what the Putinistas have to say about this. Probably Switzerland is now lying habitually, too. Part of the global Imperialist conspiracy to destroy Belarus lmao.

Oh yeah, and Hamas is lying, too, they say they haven't sent anything. A terrorist group NOT claiming a "terrorist act"? Yeah, they really mean it. They have no interest in getting involved in any of that bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    The EU can't, on account of it doing the most massive off all yawns, the one where you even have to close your eyes that's how big the yawn is...

Go back to celebrating how British existances are going bust, that's what you do best. Bye now!
    You are not following the natural progression of this.

The response of the EU to being banned from Russian airspace is to act in kind. What will the EU do if frequent and numerous daily Russian passenger planes decide to violate EU airspace on its way from Moscow to Kaliningrad? Can they get there without doing this easily? Will the EU shoot them down? Do they even have that capability?

Oh dear. I fear the EU is about to publicly humiliate itself on the world stage yet again.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    “We warned you — now take responsibility.”

Belarusian opposition urges Europe to take tough measures against Lukashenko, arguing EU naivete gave Lukashenko confidence to build a bloody regime on doorstep.

Belarus opposition tells Europe to get tougher with Lukashenko and avoid a ‘North Korea on its doorstep’

Visual context for the kids. Who stans for tin pot dictators on gaming forums?

Cute. I'm now going to also block you along with your other commie buddies, you have failed to splurt out one useful thing thus far and there is little chance anything you are going to say in the future is relevant to anything. You've had your day of fame with me, bye now.
    Look at you raging. This is prime salt.
    The EU won't go anywhere until there's people like you around. Good boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The idea is to spread so many lies, that people lose track of the facts; or perhaps think that there might still be a point to some of them - after all there are so many claiming something, and when there's smoke there's fire.

You don't need "good lies" for that; many bad ones will do.
    "Putin’s aim from the very beginning was not to get people to believe lies, but to obliterate the truth to the degree that people become convinced that it’s something unknowable."

https://twitter.com/ReportingfromNY/...411521027?s=20
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Relative or absolute terms?

Because in absolute terms EU is definitely going to lose more.

Both sides can withstand the pain though.

Why would they though? Chain of events is quite clear (EU does things, others react), and they are also annoyed at EU exceptionalism.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2021-05-27 at 03:03 PM.

And here we have Russia's response...

https://www.dw.com/en/russia-prohibi...en-eu-2092-rdf

Russia prohibits Austrian Airlines flight to arrive without entering Belarusian airspace: reports
    The Austrian Airlines flight wanted to change its route to avoid Belarus, but Russia rejected this, the airline said. Meanwhile, Belarusian national airline Belavia canceled flights to eight countries.
    Retarded level maxed...

- - - Updated - - -

Not true actually. Supposedly banned Belavia has several flights over the EU right now, one of which (BRU9303) will spend the next 3 hours in EU airspace en-route to Africa.

https://www.flightradar24.com/BRU9303/27d27b01

EU airspace is open to Belarus, business as usual. What the EU says is not what the EU does. No wonder Belarus sees them as weak and can treat EU passenger planes with impunity. All talk and no action, exactly why the UK should not and will not get involved.
    That post didn't age well...

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f...b2869#27d532bb

7+ Year Old Account
    And here we have Russia's response...

https://www.dw.com/en/russia-prohibi...en-eu-2092-rdf

Retarded level maxed...

- - - Updated - - -

That post didn't age well...

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f...b2869#27d532bb

Of course this is fast moving and the EU upped the ante since that now historical post of mine you requote, but we have the Russian response now as you also supply. Urgent message to EU airlines:- "If you want to fly passenger planes over Russia you will fly over Belarus first or you won't fly at all."

Right now it only applies in the main to EU flights in and out of Moscow, but this can be changed in an instant cutting the EU off from Asia.

We await what the EU will do next, not much choice but to do as Russia says if you ask me. Putin showing the mighty EU who is boss wouldn't you say?