Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
35
36
44
... LastLast
  1. #661
    The Lightbringer dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    The Sunny Uplands
    Posts
    3,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So you're against transitioning from a dictatorship to a democracy?
    Can you buy democracy? Is it for sale to the highest bidder?

    That's not the issue. A country brings down an EU passenger plane and the EU offer them 3bn euro for their trouble. If they bring down another do they get a 6bn offer? It's EU sponsored terror and madness.

  2. #662
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Do we think the 3 billion euro bribe to Belarus as a reward for hijacking the passenger plane offered by the EU is enough to set them on the straight and narrow? Isn't it effectively saying naughty naughty Belarus, don't do it again and here's 3bn euro if you don't? Doesn't seem much of a sanction to me, perhaps it's all the EU can do.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tion-democracy

    Glad none of that 3bn will come from UK taxpayers.
    Just so everyone understands, this is the only reason he made that post for. To shit on the EU. He doesn't give a shit about the people in that airline, Ryanair, the Belarussian activist, Belarus or even Russia. His only point here is "EU is shit and I'm gonna troll the fuck out of this forum".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So you're against transitioning from a dictatorship to a democracy?
    He supports the subjugation of peasants, bloodsheed, death and mayhem in an aristrocratic/authoritarian regime without democratic legitimacy.

    Of COURSE he's against transitioning to democracy. Why would he?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Can you buy democracy? Is it for sale to the highest bidder?

    That's not the issue. A country brings down an EU passenger plane and the EU offer them 3bn euro for their trouble. If they bring down another do they get a 6bn offer? It's EU sponsored terror and madness.
    It's conditional. You know, the thing where you get something in return for something? Ok, to put it in terms you understand... you get Brexit and then you get companies going bust and an economy that's fucked. It's kinda like that. Without Brexit, you wouldn't have gotten the chaos and miserable existential threats to your middle class that you so clearly wanted.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  3. #663
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Just so everyone understands, this is the only reason he made that post for. To shit on the EU. He doesn't give a shit about the people in that airline, Ryanair, the Belarussian activist, Belarus or even Russia. His only point here is "EU is shit and I'm gonna troll the fuck out of this forum".
    I do note that absolutely noone from EU seems to mention activist's Russian girlfriend arrested with him...

    Quite curious how such omissions work.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So you're against transitioning from a dictatorship to a democracy?
    3bn is absolutely not enough for that, not even for country as small as Belarus.

    Maybe it could work as personal payment for top persons involved in "transition", but even that might be a bit too low.

  4. #664
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So you're against transitioning from a dictatorship to a democracy?
    There is nothing healthy in transitioning like this. Look at Ukraine, still crippled by corruption.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Can you buy democracy? Is it for sale to the highest bidder?

    That's not the issue. A country brings down an EU passenger plane and the EU offer them 3bn euro for their trouble. If they bring down another do they get a 6bn offer? It's EU sponsored terror and madness.
    Yeah well we are also paying Erdogan to keep Syrian refugees. Syrians that he is heavily contributing in making refugees

  5. #665
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I do note that absolutely noone from EU seems to mention activist's Russian girlfriend arrested with him...
    Some of us have mentioned that two persons were "arrested" - however, it would help if Russia more forcefully protested against this kidnapping of one of their citizens:

    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The terrorist state Belarus hijacked a plane and risked the lives of more than a hundred passengers just to kidnap two dissidents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Two persons were taken, when Belarus hijacked a plane between two EU countries.
    The nationality of neither kidnapping victim was mentioned.

    Oh, and I guess I can happily post this once more:
    https://un.mfa.ee/joint-media-stakeo...4978-to-minsk/
    https://usun.usmission.gov/joint-sta...4978-to-minsk/
    We, the current European Union members of the Security Council, Estonia, France and Ireland, and the previous EU Council Members, Belgium and Germany, joined today by the Security Council members, Norway, the United Kingdom and the United States, strongly condemn the forced landing of a Ryanair flight in Minsk, Belarus, on 23 May 2021, endangering aviation safety, and the detention by Belarusian authorities of journalist Raman Pratasevich and Sofia Sapega.

    The airplane, owned by a European Union company, carrying more than 100 passengers from one EU Member State’s capital to another, was forced to land based on false grounds by a Belarusian military aircraft. These acts are a blatant attack on international civilian aviation safety and on European security and show flagrant disregard for international law....
    And I don't know why you singled out the EU the ones claiming that "he was a nazi" and thus hijacking the plane was justified, they totally ignored the plight of the Russian girl; who doesn't seem to have any connections to Azov.

  6. #666
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Some of us have mentioned that two persons were "arrested" - however, it would help if Russia more forcefully protested against this kidnapping of one of their citizens
    Help who exactly? It isn't going to get her released sooner.

    And I don't know why you singled out the EU the ones claiming that "he was a nazi" and thus hijacking the plane was justified, they totally ignored the plight of the Russian girl; who doesn't seem to have any connections to Azov.
    There is no "thus"; hijacking was justified for Lukashenko because guy was designated as terrorist by Belarus and worked with hostile powers.

    Calling for retributions against police officers defending public order while doxxing their home adresses would get you that in many countries, even in EU; but of course guy who went to hot conflict wouldn't shy away from calling for "direct action", wherever it would be against legitimate governments or "tyrants".

  7. #667
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Help who exactly? It isn't going to get her released sooner.
    I didn't know that Russia sees itself as that powerless. It also disproves your statement that she wasn't mentioned, however, the main focus from many have been the hijacking of a plane between two EU countries by the terrorist state Belarus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    There is no "thus"; hijacking was justified for Lukashenko because guy was designated as terrorist by Belarus and worked with hostile powers.
    One man's terrorist another man's freedom fighter.

    However, the point is that even if hijacking him could be justified that doesn't justify Belarus hijacking a plane between two EU-countries (and kidnapping his girlfriend "for reasons").

  8. #668
    The way Belarus treats their journalists is unacceptable. They should do like we do, lock em somewhere, throw away the key and never talk about them again.
    Pft... Beginners!

  9. #669
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I didn't know that Russia sees itself as that powerless. It also disproves your statement that she wasn't mentioned, however, the main focus from many have been the hijacking of a plane between two EU countries by the terrorist state Belarus.
    You love to use strong words for relatively harmless intelligence operations.

    One man's terrorist another man's freedom fighter.
    EU harbors quite many freedom fighters of questionable beliefs.

    However, the point is that even if hijacking him could be justified that doesn't justify Belarus hijacking a plane between two EU-countries (and kidnapping his girlfriend "for reasons").
    Why not? All you had is 6 hour delay of one plane.

    ...and shattered perception of EU importance being a shield against such operations.

  10. #670
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    22,964
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Can you buy democracy? Is it for sale to the highest bidder?

    That's not the issue. A country brings down an EU passenger plane and the EU offer them 3bn euro for their trouble. If they bring down another do they get a 6bn offer? It's EU sponsored terror and madness.
    I know that you often struggle with understanding English so let me help you out once more. It's an offer to help with the transition away from being a dictatorship that uses acts of terror to get a hold of dissidents. So it's the exact opposite of what you understood.

    You're welcome.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    There is nothing healthy in transitioning like this. Look at Ukraine, still crippled by corruption.
    Right, corruption is apparently worse than living under a dictatorship, got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  11. #671
    The Lightbringer dribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    The Sunny Uplands
    Posts
    3,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    You love to use strong words for relatively harmless intelligence operations.

    EU harbors quite many freedom fighters of questionable beliefs.

    Why not? All you had is 6 hour delay of one plane.

    ...and shattered perception of EU importance being a shield against such operations.
    Except when it suits them then its all ok for the EU to force, Belarussian style, foreign owned passenger planes to the ground. Perhaps Lukaschenko thought what was ok for the EU to do is ok for me.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evo_Mo...nding_incident

    EU hypocrisy at its finest.

  12. #672
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I know that you often struggle with understanding English so let me help you out once more. It's an offer to help with the transition away from being a dictatorship that uses acts of terror to get a hold of dissidents. So it's the exact opposite of what you understood.

    You're welcome.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Right, corruption is apparently worse than living under a dictatorship, got it.
    I'm sure Ukraine is way better now after 10 years of civil war, the rich Easter side in bits and fuck all changing. Or Libya. Oh they're really doing well!

    dEmOcRaCy!!

  13. #673
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Except when it suits them then its all ok for the EU to force, Belarussian style, foreign owned passenger planes to the ground. Perhaps Lukaschenko thought what was ok for the EU to do is ok for me.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evo_Mo...nding_incident

    EU hypocrisy at its finest.
    At which point did the EU used a bomb threat to force a plane to the ground ?

  14. #674
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    You love to use strong words
    Because they are appropriate to the situation. That's why the airliner, and most of the rest of Europe and the US are also using strong words, and actions.

    It was a hijacking of a plane by the terrorist state Belarus, in order to kidnap a passenger flying between two EU countries.

    However, all I see from you are disinformation and lies - and no admission of guilt when the lies are exposed, like when you just claimed that no-one mentioned the Russian girlfriend. That's why I've been able to twice repost the same message showing that people actually mention the things you claim they don't.

  15. #675
    Epic! Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    The way Belarus treats their journalists is unacceptable. They should do like we do, lock em somewhere, throw away the key and never talk about them again.
    Pft... Beginners!
    What is this dreamland where journos are safely contained?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    It was a hijacking of a plane by the terrorist state Belarus, in order to kidnap a passenger flying between two EU countries.
    Alright, it was a hijacking in order to kidnap, what now?
    Lives matter

  16. #676
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    What is this dreamland where journos are safely contained?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Alright, it was a hijacking in order to kidnap, what now?
    I was thinking about Assange.

  17. #677
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Alright, it was a hijacking in order to kidnap, what now?
    After the hijacking and kidnapping, the EU (and some others) stopped flying over Belarus, stopped Belarus from flying to the EU, and slapped some additional sanctions against Belarussian officials and against Belarus whose main export seems to be manure.
    Russia sort of luke-warmly took the Belarussian side without committing themselves (previously Belarus have tried to play other countries against each other for favours).

    Lukashenko still remains in power, I don't see that changing - but we never know.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-05-30 at 04:20 PM.

  18. #678
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I do note that absolutely noone from EU seems to mention activist's Russian girlfriend arrested with him...

    Quite curious how such omissions work.
    That's probably because nobody gives a shit about him or his gf. As you have been told multiple times. We can't tell you to stop abusing your own citizens, but we can tell you to stop hijacking our planes and putting some 80 EU citizens in jeopardy to fuck around with one or two of your own people.

    Get that into your head, we don't care about the activist or his gf. It's about OUR citizens that are totally innocent in all of this. See, this is also the reason why nobody really reacts when you talk about him being a nazi or not. Nobody gives a shit. He might be a nazi, he might not be, doesn't give Belarus an excuse to break ICAO rules and mess with our citizens.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  19. #679
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's probably because nobody gives a shit about him or his gf. As you have been told multiple times. We can't tell you to stop abusing your own citizens, but we can tell you to stop hijacking our planes and putting some 80 EU citizens in jeopardy to fuck around with one or two of your own people.
    You're overly dramatic. There was no jeopardy as there never have been any bomb. Planes and passengers aren't placed in significant danger just by landing in another airport.

    Get that into your head, we don't care about the activist or his gf. It's about OUR citizens that are totally innocent in all of this. See, this is also the reason why nobody really reacts when you talk about him being a nazi or not. Nobody gives a shit. He might be a nazi, he might not be, doesn't give Belarus an excuse to break ICAO rules and mess with our citizens.
    6 hour delay = ban air companies of entire country and close airspace.

    Yeah, that still sounds mad.

    I guess once you're out of sane options because you already used them before for other reasons you move to insane ones.

    You'll stop "plane hijacking" that happens once in a blue moon... and leave thousands of other options, some a lot more dangerous, open.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2021-05-30 at 05:36 PM.

  20. #680
    Epic! Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    I was thinking about Assange.
    You really shouldn't compare Assange to minuscule shills whose "journalism" is limited to spreading narrative their operators feed them
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2021-05-30 at 06:03 PM.
    Lives matter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •