Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    That's because that didn't hurt Russian interests in the slightest.
    I'm aware that it forced Belarus closer to Russia which Russia likes, yes, Belarus hijacking the plane also led Belarus to kidnap and beat up a Russian citizen, but I guess Russia doesn't care about its citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    It's called coherency.
    I don't support expansionism. Do you?
    How is encouraging Belarus to transition to democracy expansionism?

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    led Belarus to kidnap and beat up a Russian citizen, but I guess Russia doesn't care about its citizens.
    Committing crimes abroad surely won't make one more missed at homeland

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Try and post in good faith for once, we all know "democracy" is a dog whistle for american dominion
    Lives matter

Committing crimes abroad surely won't make one more missed at homeland

- - - Updated - - -

Try and post in good faith for once, we all know "democracy" is a dog whistle for american dominion
    So the EU is trying to expand the US to include Belarus? Weird take.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not really, I'm just glad for gay couples to find each other. It's great when they stop denying their inner feelings and feel secure enough to express them to the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Again with the commie shills and their fetish for WW3. This event will not trigger any armed conflict unless Russia or Belarus try to get frisky. You know, by ignoring the sovereignity of EU airspace.

- - - Updated - - -

Foreign nations breaking international law to detain EU citizens, breaking several of their human rights in the process... ridiculous. Ok, gotcha. Just business as usual in commieland.

See, you normalizing this? Not going to work. This is an outrage, several red lines have been crossed here. And you pretending it's all just a funny story is not acceptable when EU citizens were held hostage in a (what we now know) hostile country for 8 hours.
    Calm your horses dude and read what I said.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly the way it was in Ukraine. Find a potential opposition leader, build up a campaign around him/her, and all that jazz. That's the way it works. And don't be fooled by the glitter. The welfare of people in Belarus isn't a concern, as it wasn't in Ukraine, Libya, Syria, Iraq and so on and so forth. This is all about power play.

Because controlling a democracy is so much easier than controlling an autocracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Cos in the twisted Russian mind, "Democracy" = "Dictatorship" and "oppression".

They are so brainwashed, they cannot fathom that anyone would think differently than they do. They think oppression is the natural state of the world. And whatever anyone says that contradicts this is just a lie designed to deceive about the authoritarian nature of democracy and its Western, imperialist dictatorships.

You can't dumb it down enough, but it'll be somewhere in this region of thinking...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

You guys can't really think this is about democracy, right? Exporting democracy again huh. Wonder where have I heard of that before.

You guys can't really think this is about democracy, right? Exporting democracy again huh. Wonder where have I heard of that before.
    "Bush/Cheney lied therefore every pro-democracy movement is astroturfed Western expansionism" is some conspiracy level bullshit, sweaty.

Calm your horses dude and read what I said.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly the way it was in Ukraine. Find a potential opposition leader, build up a campaign around him/her, and all that jazz. That's the way it works. And don't be fooled by the glitter. The welfare of people in Belarus isn't a concern, as it wasn't in Ukraine, Libya, Syria, Iraq and so on and so forth. This is all about power play.
    You’re making zero sense. Whatever though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Cos in the twisted Russian mind, "Democracy" = "Dictatorship" and "oppression".

They are so brainwashed, they cannot fathom that anyone would think differently than they do. They think oppression is the natural state of the world. And whatever anyone says that contradicts this is just a lie designed to deceive about the authoritarian nature of democracy and its Western, imperialist dictatorships.

You can't dumb it down enough, but it'll be somewhere in this region of thinking...
    This attitude is right in line with how Russia doesn't recognise and respect how other countries have agency of their own, it's either enemies or outright vassals with Russia, the mentality on display here is very much in the line of that when democracy gets called a dog whistle for "American dominion".

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    "Bush/Cheney lied therefore every pro-democracy movement is astroturfed Western expansionism" is some conspiracy level bullshit, sweaty.
    No, we really care about Ukrainians! *thumbsup*

- - - Updated - - -

You’re making zero sense. Whatever though.
    Keep up the good fight, I'm sure THIS TIME we really mean to export democracy.
    Last edited by Cringefest; 2021-05-31 at 02:48 AM.

No, we really care about Ukrainians! *thumbsup*
    Could you just for funsies explain what you think happened in Ukraine? Like, really explain what you think happened because I have no idea what your little comments are about.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Btw, do you know where Lukashenko got an idea?

From Ukraine.

Who planned to use pretty much exact scheme to force flight from Belarus to Istanbul to land in Kiev to detain Wagner mercenaries.

http://euromaidanpress.com/2020/08/2...id-special-op/
    The operation

Ukrayinska Pravda provided more details on the planning and the course of the failed special operation, citing their undisclosed sources.

The plan was to bring the group from Moscow to Minsk Airport on 24 July and, without a stay in Belarus, fly them to Istanbul on 25 July. The further intention was to land the plane in one of the Ukrainian airports due to a sudden fake disease of a passenger who would have been an SBU agent. Under the guise of paramedics, a group of special forces would have entered the plane to detain the Wagnerians.

On July 24, SBU Deputy Chief Ruslan Baranetsky and MD’s MID Chief Vasyl Burba informed the President’s Office on the final stage of the operation. The listeners at the briefing were President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, Head of the Office Andriy Yermak, First Deputy Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council, Chairman of the Intelligence Committee Ruslan Demchenko, Deputy Chairman of the Defense Committee Roman Mashovets, Secretary of the President Maria Levchenko.

...and they got praises from media for that.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2021-05-31 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Btw, do you know where Lukashenko got an idea?

From Ukraine.

Who planned to use pretty much exact scheme to force flight from Belarus to Istanbul to land in Kiev to detain Wagner mercenaries.
    The Ukrainian plot also involved having them confess to their war-crimes in advance on a job-interview (that part actually happened) - so those Russian really seem guilty of war-crimes in Donbass.

As for the actual flight that Ukraine planned to take over it was planned to be a chartered flight - in contrast to the flight that Belarus hijacked between two EU countries, which was a regular flight and those contained EU citizens that were endangered just for being on the wrong plane.
    It's also possible that Ukraine skipped that part due to the political cost - something that the dictator Lukashenko doesn't care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The Ukrainian plot also involved having them confess to their war-crimes in advance on a job-interview (that part actually happened) - so those Russian really seem guilty of war-crimes in Donbass.
    You're mixing "accused with war crimes" with "confessing to war crimes". All they confessed to is being in Ukraine on rebel side.

Which of course is a crime in Ukraine; just like coordinating attacks on law enforcement is a crime in Belarus.

As for the actual flight that Ukraine planned to take over it was planned to be a chartered flight - in contrast to the flight that Belarus hijacked between two EU countries, which was a regular flight and those contained EU citizens that were endangered just for being on the wrong plane.
    It's also possible that Ukraine skipped that part due to the political cost - something that the dictator Lukashenko doesn't care about.
    No, they skipped it because they wanted to delay it for other reasons... and then Lukashenko arrested them before their next flight.

They didn't care about cost because they literally didn't see a cost in that.

As did no other intelligence operatives mentioned in article. They even say "We run small operations like this against [the Sicilian mafia] and [Calabrian] 'ndrangheta to catch fugitives".

You're mixing "accused with war crimes" with "confessing to war crimes". All they confessed to is being in Ukraine on rebel side.

Which of course is a crime in Ukraine; just like coordinating attacks on law enforcement is a crime in Belarus.

No, they skipped it because they wanted to delay it for other reasons... and then Lukashenko arrested them before their next flight.

As did no other intelligence operatives mentioned in article. They even say "We run small operations like this against [the Sicilian mafia] and [Calabrian] 'ndrangheta to catch fugitives".
    Still defending the actions of a dictatorship and a rogue state ? Keep up the good work.

Remind me again what happened when Ukraine enacted this plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Still defending the actions of a dictatorship and a rogue state ? Keep up the good work.
    "Rogue state" for EU seem to be equivalent to "state that doesn't care about your opinions in doing what it considers necessary to be done".

- - - Updated - - -

Remind me again what happened when Ukraine enacted this plan.
    They got praised for it, duh; that's what article is about.

"Rogue state" for EU seem to be equivalent to "state that doesn't care about your opinions in doing what it considers necessary to be done".

- - - Updated - - -

They got praised for it, duh; that's what article is about.
    Big swing and a miss. They never hijacked a plane according to the article. Nice try though.