Thread: [FILM] Eternals

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It is a teaser for a reason.
    Yes, and that reason is to give us first impressions. These are unfortunately pretty weak for me.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    There's no reason to assume they wouldn't be. They're alive. Thanos removed half of all life. Kinda meets the criteria.

- - - Updated - - -

So...nothing like Tony Stark then :P
    He is a super smart scientists inventor and theorist but he Uses old mystical magic weapons and horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Or, they needed something like the Snap to happen, something that would have affected them as much as anyone else, in order to decide to get directly involved.

And, if they were just playing behind the scenes guides to humanity, it's likely they wouldn't even really know what Thanos was doing until after he had already done it.
    Yeah, I just hope they actually deal with it in some fashion more than "we just watch".

Am I the only one that laughed and thought of FF2's Galactus when they showed the storm clouds during the "until now" part?
    "The evil planet eating cloud has arrivvvveed!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    I hate this " We were hidden... until now " trope. It usually makes no sense.

Wonder Woman hid during World War 2? How could she do nothing during such a dark time?
    In BvS, she says she left the world for 100 years after seeing the horrors of humanity, which could have worked out with the timeline, but WonderWoman1 changed it some and then of course WW84 threw it out the window.

But, it's a common enough trope, along with Cap Marvels "I had other stuff to do" like somehow Captain Rogers was defending the Earth on the same level as Captain Marvel would. As I said earlier in the thread, the MCU has sort of minimized the effect by focusing on a core group on Earth. Now it's expanding the Earth's roster at an increasing rate.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    IDK, he was killing off half of species that were reproducing into a perceived population crisis. Is that true of the Eternals? From what I know there aren't exactly a lot of them and they rarely have new ones showing up.
    He was removing half the population of all living species. Randomly. There wasn't any kind of analysis done to determine which races would have the most impact. He just took half of everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    He is a super smart scientists inventor and theorist but he Uses old mystical magic weapons and horses
    Which, again, is nothing like Tony Stark. Peter Parker is also a super smart scientist inventor. He has more in common with Stark than Whitman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I never said sentient dominant. I said species that were overpopulating. The Eternals don't qualify. He was pretty clear about his motives.
    Yes he was very clear... so it's weird that you're still arguing. He never said anything about targeting species that were overpopulating.

His motives were to remove half the life in the universe. Every race lost 50% of it's population.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I wonder if this film will reveal the next (potential) big bad guy/girl of the franchise... if they even do another overarching villain that spans multiple films.
    Kang the Conqueror is the next big bad I think. I think he will either be introduced or whispered in Loki.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    you know Marvel is doing so mething right when they make a movie about one of their most obscure ass, D-list titles and have all the confidence in the world to know it'll very likely succeed on their track record alone. Bravo.
    The Inhumans say hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The Inhumans say hi!
    We don't talk about that.

Also, teaser is meh. Are they gonna bring in the Kronos/Uranos plot? Cause if they're trying to surf the Avengers plotline with jokes like that... oof.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Snip

Not sure what the Eternals are but I heard they're related to Thanos. Also, Angelina Jolie, Kit, and Stark are apart of the MCU. Wow
    This just kind of reminds me of.. Cloud Atlas, as in it looks like it and the costumes kind of remind me... I don't know why, just the thing bursting through the clouds in the beginning immediately reminded me of Cloud Atlas.

Also time to start a new universe Marvel. Can't carry anything through the Thanos Singularity, completely puts a damper on any story that travels through that time.

God when are they going to shit out a movie that represents Native American/German/French/Russian mixed people for once?! /s

Yawn. Just looks like yet another two hour long slide show of "exotique peoples" faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    God when are they going to shit out a movie that represents Native American/German/French/Russian mixed people for once?! /s

Yawn. Just looks like yet another two hour long slide show of "exotique peoples" faces.
    Well, don't watch it then.

10+ Year Old Account

In the lore, and I could be wrong, if the Eternals were the ones who ultimately created mankind... doesn't it make sense the Eternals themselves would look different as different ethnicities/races look different?

I dunno this movie looks really bad anyway

Well, don't watch it then.
    I mean, I won't

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    In the lore, and I could be wrong, if the Eternals were the ones who ultimately created mankind... doesn't it make sense the Eternals themselves would look different as different ethnicities/races look different?

I dunno this movie looks really bad anyway
    No problem at all with them being anybody. It's just that Disney (not just Disney lol) loves to pat themselves on the back for it.

How many close ups are we gonna get of their "unique" facial features? How often are the "ethnic" people going to stand in the background just to be a "representation" for the scene, while providing almost nothing to the story?

Actors deserve better roles than this. But then again, most of them are in it for a fat paycheque, so all the more power to them I guess.

Just hope I'm wrong, and Disney finally pulls their ass out of the "look! A POC!" phase and let these actors truly shine above roles of "I'm hated for my skin colour/gender, and I've got a lot to do to prove them wrong" nonsense.

It's seriously going to be jarring going back to rewatch these movies later down the line.

Attempting to derail threads into forbidden topics isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-05-25 at 03:58 PM.

Imagine living your life so frightened by other ethnicities and strong women, that you shit on movies that show those things.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That has to be some of the lamest, most generic and lame duck preview ever. Those costumes are also awful, and much like everything else Disney fucks up with Marvel, isn't even close to being similar to the comics. That has to be some of the blandest costume design ever as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The Inhumans say hi!
    It's their one failure and they had the awareness to turn it into an ill-fated TV series instead of a box office and financial flop

It's their one failure and they had the awareness to turn it into an ill-fated TV series instead of a box office and financial flop
    I agree with you that Marvel's track record is stellar....however......besides Inhumans, Iron Fist and Defenders were also pretty bad. 3 real failures, IMO. But that's it. And only one casting failure with Iron Fist

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I agree with you that Marvel's track record is stellar....however......besides Inhumans, Iron Fist and Defenders were also pretty bad. 3 real failures, IMO. But that's it. And only one casting failure with Iron Fist
    Weren't Defenders and Iron Fist Netflix Marvel and not MCU, though?

I do believe they're MCU, references are made to the Battle of New York IIRC. If what you mean is, are they part of the same universe and not just part of the same production group (that, they are not).

personally i wish they were the inhumans because black bolt

i also dont get the "we guided them but we dont interfere"

- - - Updated - - -

they are essentially agents of shield but a movie

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I do believe they're MCU, references are made to the Battle of New York IIRC. If what you mean is, are they part of the same universe and not just part of the same production group (that, they are not).
    Oh yeah, I just mean if we're talking MCU's track record, Defenders and Iron Fist would be Netflix's failures, not Marvel/Disney's but yeah, if it's canon to the MCU, story-wise it is a blemish.