Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Solely due to Titanforging, remove that and those trinkets would've been useless far more quickly.

If you want to argue that Titanforging is equalivant to the Classic / TBC itemization, i'm going to end the discussion right here.
    i'm not arguing that, though i guess it's easy to get off track. i'm arguing people spend time on it.

but that kind of defeats any argument TBC can ever have doesn't it? If you have to have an argument about the degree of old content being played, or the degree of cosmetic content being played, etc, it just shows you aren't the clear winner and you are just arguing about how close it is.

meanwhile if you just go back in time a month, when both classic and retail were in content draughts, many guilds in retail are still hard at work getting their cutting edge, half my guild is still regularly doing boost runs, people still pushing their M+ scores. all the core game activities are still going steady and it easily takes 10+ hours a week to do. while in classic people who still raid spend like what? an evening tops? and that won't be different for TBC.

i am kinda curious how long the vacation players will stick around in TBC compared to classic and retail though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i'm not arguing that, though i guess it's easy to get off track. i'm arguing people spend time on it.

but that kind of defeats any argument TBC can ever have doesn't it? If you have to have an argument about the degree of old content being played, or the degree of cosmetic content being played, etc, it just shows you aren't the clear winner and you are just arguing about how close it is.

meanwhile if you just go back in time a month, when both classic and retail were in content draughts, many guilds in retail are still hard at work getting their cutting edge, half my guild is still regularly doing boost runs, people still pushing their M+ scores. all the core game activities are still going steady and it easily takes 10+ hours a week to do. while in classic people who still raid spend like what? an evening tops? and that won't be different for TBC.

i am kinda curious how long the vacation players will stick around in TBC compared to classic and retail though.
    You're making the assumption everyone who raids in classic has completed all content and just raid log. Like retail there's various levels of ability and some guilds go through progression until the very end. The difference is classic has a definitive end set now and progression has become pointless.

some of you guys were right, TBC wasn't a big time sink. Getting revered for dungeons didn't take that long due to getting ~2k per dungeon run and those runs were really fast. Karazhan attunement took under 3 hours to complete.
    I'm already a raidlog ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    They’re both a huge waste of time lol

So many better things to spend your time on.
    Such insight. Who knew that most forms of entertainment, be it books, movies, tvshows, videogames or knitting would be wastes of time. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    They’re both a huge waste of time lol

So many better things to spend your time on.
    Like posting on MMO-Champion, clearly the peak of time well spent. All entertainment is made for time wasting.

OT: Retail has no grind, so clearly TBC. We will see what comes next patch, but 9.0 had nothing to grind if you were doing Heroic only, and no, you don't need to grind renown, you just get it, you will be 2 points behind, or the maw, sockets/conduits are very weak, in heroic, noone will care.

If you want to raid Mythic they are probably pretty equal.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Such insight. Who knew that most forms of entertainment, be it books, movies, tvshows, videogames or knitting would be wastes of time. Thanks!
    Put your time and energy into quality entertainment made from people who care about artistry and need the support.

I wouldn't even consider that a waste of time. I'd consider it time well spent.

Don't spend your time and energy on a predatory shithole company that values retention above quality and doesn't appreciate their community or supporters.

That's the context of what I meant.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-06-14 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Like posting on MMO-Champion, clearly the peak of time well spent. All entertainment is made for time wasting.

OT: Retail has no grind, so clearly TBC. We will see what comes next patch, but 9.0 had nothing to grind if you were doing Heroic only, and no, you don't need to grind renown, you just get it, you will be 2 points behind, or the maw, sockets/conduits are very weak, in heroic, noone will care.
    I didn't really need to grind in TBC p1 either. I grinded reputations to revered for fun, I could have skipped that since in phase 1 you don't need heroics if someone else can summon the Nightbane. Kara and first 25mans were so easy my guildies cleared those with t3/dungeon blues. No need to grind and no one cared if we didn't have full crafted epic sets.

Care to say what grind is required in TBC? You said you don't need to grind renown, you just get it. Same applies to reputation if you just play some dungeons weekly, you'll get heroic keys way before they are needed in SSC/TK.

I don't get the logic no grind is needed in retail HC but suddenly you need to grind in TBC for as easy if not even easier content.
    Last edited by strixer; 2021-06-14 at 02:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xaerus View Post
    Pretty simple straight forward question, between the two games which do you feel would take more time to keep up with progression? Let's a say a player wanted to be able to keep up with AOTC progression and equivalent in BC, which game would require more time from the player?
    This is the equivalent of asking which car is harder to maintain, a 65 Mustang or 2021 Corvette. Both are easy to maintain but they are very different in almost every way.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Solely due to Titanforging, remove that and those trinkets would've been useless far more quickly.

If you want to argue that Titanforging is equalivant to the Classic / TBC itemization, i'm going to end the discussion right here.

I think there will still be guilds that do SSC / TK once T6 is out, similiar to how guilds did MC / BWL after AQ release.

They phase them out eventually, but the cutoff is far from clean as it in retail where basically everybody drops a raid after the next one launches.

Wrote the paragraph above before i read that, now i'll stick to that.

Have a nice day.
    base itemlevel unstable arcanocrystal was viable till maybe ToS if not antorus because secondary stats >>> primary during legion, so it was always worth it to kill withered j'im every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    base itemlevel unstable arcanocrystal was viable till maybe ToS if not antorus because secondary stats >>> primary during legion, so it was always worth it to kill withered j'im every week.
    I think it was every 11 weeks, given the bosses were on rotation.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

base itemlevel unstable arcanocrystal was viable till maybe ToS if not antorus because secondary stats >>> primary during legion
    The crux is that scaling of secondary stats was completely out of whack, especially early on and thus a trinket that had its entire budget in secondary stats was far more powerful than it should have been.

The entire Arcanocrystal was more or less an exception and cannot be compared to items such as Onslaught Belt in Classic that were powerful in their own right.

The crux is that scaling of secondary stats was completely out of whack, especially early on and thus a trinket that had its entire budget in secondary stats was far more powerful than it should have been.

The entire Arcanocrystal was more or less an exception and cannot be compared to items such as Onslaught Belt in Classic that were powerful in their own right.
    why not? a locked itemslot is a locked itemslot, no?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think it was every 11 weeks, given the bosses were on rotation.
    okay, every week that he was up
    people did farm the broken shore and the argus currency to roll one from the thaumaturge, as well.

(people did kill ursoc every week for a while)

why not? a locked itemslot is a locked itemslot, no?
    Because a single item is not equal to the plethora of items in Classic / TBC that last for multiple tiers.

At the end of Classic, people were still doing Ony / MC, because loot in there is still good, now the first tiers get instantly discarded after the launch of the next one.