Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone remember if Booste were supposed to have Dungeon Blue gear?

I seem to remember for whatever reason that Blizzard said that Boosts were supposed to come with Dungeon Blue gear so they'd be Outland Ready.

am I going crazy in thinking they said that?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

7+ Year Old Account
    at blizzcon they said they would, but they changed that cause people complained it would be too OP
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You probably want to do some dungeons because the gear you get is kind of trash (which is the whole point of it).

Regardless people put way too much stock on gearing characters prior to TBC. You pretty much get gear that's the same or better than MC gear (mostly cause MC gear is itemized poorly) from doing quests, and the dungeon gear is really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK so i'm not crazy for thinking they did say that.

thanks Fel.

Makes me wonder how 58 in HFP is going to be for boosts

#TeamFuckEverything

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it should be fine?

The majority of people who wanted boosts probably already got them and hit level 60 at least. Over 15 years ago when we jumped through to HFP there were loads of people who never touched raiding, or swapped main characters and had gear that was arguably just as bad. It will be slow, but you get gear upgrades pretty frequently, unlike classic where options might appear that you can't even equip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    You probably want to do some dungeons because the gear you get is kind of trash (which is the whole point of it).

Regardless people put way too much stock on gearing characters prior to TBC. You pretty much get gear that's the same or better than MC gear (mostly cause MC gear is itemized poorly) from doing quests, and the dungeon gear is really good.
    Yeah BC was one of the few expansions where the idea that you had greens replacing stuff was actually somewhat relevant except that from today's mindset you should really only include Naxx, but there were still examples of stuff getting replaced way earlier than other expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, I do remember HFP being the land of "Wow this is so much better for me"

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Yeah BC was one of the few expansions where the idea that you had greens replacing stuff was actually somewhat relevant except that from today's mindset you should really only include Naxx, but there were still examples of stuff getting replaced way earlier than other expansions.
    the introduction of gem slots and expertise were the main culprits.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

thanks Fel.

Probably horrible. I replaced my shamans gear for 42 gold on the ah buying 30-40 lvl greens and when I was done, I had more stamina and 200ap more than I had when I started. Then again, HFP mobs are 58-60 and you start getting gear fast so even if it's a bit slow I don't really see there being alot of issues.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

thanks Fel.

well its gonna be most likely hell for them have you seen how badly that stuff is itemised ? i was honestly shoecked.

tbh the advice i woudl give is to make a party for opening night or you will have very bad experience as fresly boosted toon

They even gave the gear a fitting name

thanks Fel.

If i recall correctly from when i originally did it, it'll start to get challenging (not hard, just not cake) pretty quickly. However, you'll be getting significant gearing upgrades very quickly from quest rewards and BoE Greens that drop will be a decent upgrade sometimes even over T1 equivalent gear.

Recommend you take it slowly with pulls (class dependant) and be careful of aggro radius (similar to the classic experience). You may also wish to boost early so you can complete some of the quests in WPL/EPL or Silithus which reward decent blues.

Good luck.

Didnt think it was even an issue when I levelled 58 toons there in low level questing greens pre cata. You get geared fairly quick.

thanks Fel.

Better than for someone who just leveled

Gonna change 3-4 pieces in the first 10 quests or so, no issue here.

thanks Fel.

It is going to be tough, but is it much worse than just questing gear?
    You already got soooo much by the boost. It is not too much to ask to get some gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Gonna change 3-4 pieces in the first 10 quests or so, no issue here.
    This, if you know how to "wowhead" you can get geared real quick. And tbh, I am so pro this change, to give them worse gear. You should put in some effort before you are accepted into a ZG/AQ20.

thanks Fel.

Non-Hunters with boosted gear are going to have a very un-fun time in early HFP. It takes a good 15-20 quests to actually replace most of the gear, and those quests have you killing L60-61 mobs.

If anyone’s thinking about just boosting straight into Outlands, have fun. Pack your patience and send some health pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

except from what I heard you get kicked from the group if you are in the boosted gear cuz its so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Balbuto View Post
    except from what I heard you get kicked from the group if you are in the boosted gear cuz its so bad
    I mean, I’m not inviting a freshly boosted 58 to a Ramps group because the shit gear + 4 level difference just makes a low exp/hour dungeon that much worse.

But I’ve had zero issues running Strat and Scholo with them, and those blues are miles ahead.

Blizzard already let you boost. If you’re waiting until launch day to try and grind dungeons on a boosted character then GL.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only problems with Boosts have been the cluelessness of the people behind them.

When your Balance Druid bitches about Aggro problems when I'm 2 seconds into the trash pull and they hit Hurricane ... yeah

#TeamFuckEverything