Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Asmongold bringing in half the current viewership right now lol.

  2. #122
    126k viewers right now, 75k from Asmongold alone. Even if you exclude his viewers, WoW is still looking solid imo.

    You can't compare Classic to TBC. People had been asking for vanilla servers for a decade. Who the hell wanted TBC servers?

  3. #123
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Despite the prepatch release WoW seems to be pretty low on the twitch popularity list. How does this compare to when Classic launched?

    Just 65.7 K viewers right now for example.
    You do know, that wow players finally got out of Twitch's clutches, when Overwolf purchased Curseforge?
    Everyone and their grandmothers uninstalled Twitch as soon as Overwolf supported addons.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  4. #124
    Scarab Lord Master Guns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,497
    Maybe because WoW isn't a super watchable game considering most people sit in org afk?

    Twitch literally means nothing. If ANYTHING, Twitch itself is dying, and that couldn't happen soon enough.

    Please enjoy my film SCHISM, a film festival winning short
    https://youtu.be/HjwQ8jBcoq8

  5. #125
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,264
    WoW streamers bored out of their tits or playing other games. Pretty sure when 9.1 hits WoW will be on the top of the streaming list again. Untill late November.

  6. #126
    wow is a very seasonal game. whenever something new happens it usually spikes up to near the top of twitch.
    but nothing new have happend for a long while in neither classic or retail.
    pre patch never generate anywhere near the same hype as a new expac.

  7. #127
    146k viewers atm, 3 hours to go until release.

    Gonna be interesting to see if the Classic release record is broken!

    392k now... Not over 1 million, but it can hardly be said that it's a bad number. I wasn't there at the very moment of release though, might've gone higher.


    Edit repost: The first one showed just ones and zeros when I edited it...
    You cannot in good conscience worship God, the Son and the Holy Spirit if you also worship Mammon. Capitalism is inherently evil.

  8. #128
    https://twitchtracker.com/games/18122

    I would not say that 430k peak is bad. Fact that the +15yo game kept its ~40% viewership with its xpack relase and all drama around various stuff... is very impressive. Personally i expected around 200-300k. Not to mention that for most of EU its 'sleepy time'...
    Classic is definitely dead this time...
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-06-02 at 06:40 AM.

  9. #129
    How many simps were watching wow during the classic launch?

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    https://twitchtracker.com/games/18122

    I would not say that 430k peak is bad. Fact that the +15yo game kept its ~40% viewership with its xpack relase and all drama around various stuff... is very impressive. Personally i expected around 200-300k. Not to mention that for most of EU its 'sleepy time'...
    Classic is definitely dead this time...
    And Faerlina was getting DDOSed, so a lot of the big streamers couldn't even get in the game at the peak.

    But in any case, final analysis, it wasn't as big on Twitch as vanilla launch, but got WoW back to the top of the charts regardless.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    it did not even reach half the viewers of classic. It's pretty clear that it's not doing well.
    ...is there a sarcasm tag in this post that I missed?

  12. #132
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,411
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You do know, that wow players finally got out of Twitch's clutches, when Overwolf purchased Curseforge?
    Everyone and their grandmothers uninstalled Twitch as soon as Overwolf supported addons.
    What in the hell are you talking about? Who the fuck even used the Twitch client for watching streams when you can just use your browser, the use of Twitch or Overwolf has no bearing on viewership.

    People used the Twitch client for addons, and when it no longer was needed they moved to Wowup.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    How many simps
    ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    were watching wow during the classic launch?
    I've just posted link to info... 1,135M on Classic release vs 430k now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lashiec View Post
    And Faerlina was getting DDOSed, so a lot of the big streamers couldn't even get in the game at the peak.

    But in any case, final analysis, it wasn't as big on Twitch as vanilla launch, but got WoW back to the top of the charts regardless.
    I actually did not know that it was DDoSed since i was going to sleep when it started at midnight EU time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    it did not even reach half the viewers of classic. It's pretty clear that it's not doing well.
    Yeah... i TOTALLY agree...
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-06-02 at 08:51 AM. Reason: typo

  14. #134
    I have a screenshot from Classic launch at 1.1 million viewers. Last night I didn't see TBC go beyond 400 k viewers and was checking semi regularly.

    I'm a fan of classic & TBC but the TBC launch has been comparatively underwhelming.

    I think Wrath launch will be BIG though.

  15. #135
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    What in the hell are you talking about? Who the fuck even used the Twitch client for watching streams when you can just use your browser, the use of Twitch or Overwolf has no bearing on viewership.

    People used the Twitch client for addons, and when it no longer was needed they moved to Wowup.
    And when they didn't need it for addons, they uninstalled it, and a great deal of views disappeared too.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  16. #136
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,411
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    And when they didn't need it for addons, they uninstalled it, and a great deal of views disappeared too.
    If by a great deal, you mean the 5 people who used Twitch instead of Firefox/Chrome/Opera for watching streams.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  17. #137
    I'm not sure what the peak of TBCC was but before going to bed I saw it around 436.5k. While its pretty impressive its a far cry from what Classic pulled which was over a million, the only other game I saw reaching that number was Cyberpunk. I don't expect TBCC to be as hyped as Classic for the simple reason that its world is still fully accesible on retail while the Classic world is completely gone. If you look at the private server scene its also lacking on TBC activity while Classic and WotLK have always been booming. This makes me wonder if WotLK will be more popular.

  18. #138
    there is nothing to watch really, it isn't very engaging even if you are playing yourself
    but i like having classic streamers in the background just for the sound effects and music
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •