Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    They got what they wanted, another playthrough of vanilla. Now they get to experience tbc again too.
    When WOTLK comes back, ill enjoy my playthrough of that too!

I just wanted to play it again, as it was, like starting up a game and selecting "New Game" option. Not "New game+".

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Or maybe... Just maybe... It's because its Fun? Remember that thing called fun? Before you hardcore bad ass players took all the fun away from the game...
    1. Fun is subjective
    2. Wrath was probably the start of the "hardcore badass players taking the fun away" on one hand it got more people into raiding..on the other hand it exposed a lot more people to the minmax culture and it became more expected to pull your weight thus spreading it like wildfire. A double-edged sword

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Or maybe... Just maybe... It's because its Fun? Remember that thing called fun? Before you hardcore bad ass players took all the fun away from the game...
    i never said its not fun,plenty people play games on easy mode because its fun for them

guess what?i also had the most fun ever in wow,in wrath,but i still think its objectivly the worst expansion

Just a bunch of sheep who follow to TBC. The "Classic" crowd was never a thing. Private servers? yeah whatever. But Blizz gave people what they thought they, the people, wanted and its basically been proven to have been untrue. Classic is a graveyard now. The player base didnt really want it except for 24 months...Blizz was right

TBC is new again so everybody is there. They could release WoD Classic and it would have more players than Classic Era for a period of time. I think if TBC has a down period you could see a decent amount of people checking out Classic again.

I read a post somewhere.. not sure if it was in this thread. That they should let Classic servers go free to play. I honestly think this is a solution to the problem. Rather Blizzard can part with an actual subscription for old content is completely different.. it would ultimately encourage players to keep playing it. Also have other gamers/players maybe convince their buddies overtime to come play retail. (for ones that do stay subscribed) I just see no harm in making all Classic content go free. I know a couple people that play on private servers, that would help combat that issue too. I'm not that big on Classic content and never was, but I'm just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    1. Fun is subjective
    2. Wrath was probably the start of the "hardcore badass players taking the fun away" on one hand it got more people into raiding..on the other hand it exposed a lot more people to the minmax culture and it became more expected to pull your weight thus spreading it like wildfire. A double-edged sword
    So based on this comment, you consider the expectation that members of a group carry their own weight to be a negative?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So based on this comment, you consider the expectation that members of a group carry their own weight to be a negative?
    Oh no thus the first comment fun is subjective...main thing is the ones who bemoan the minmax culture but praise wrath need to realize where it started

Oh no thus the first comment fun is subjective...main thing is the ones who bemoan the minmax culture but praise wrath need to realize where it started
    Ok fair call. I mean it started LONG before wrath, before TBC, and before wow in general. As players improved (in general) I think more and more found enjoyment in pushing themselves to actually compete, and I agree that it was more obvious from wrath onwards.

I do believe though that until wrath, many had not raided at all, and had never even installed a dps meter (for example) so part of it is that raiding was more accessable, introducing more players to that way if life. This is something you touched on, and I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I let my sub run out a week before TBC, if there were a few fresh vanilla servers I would still be paying. Bobby Kottick must be twisting and turning in his solid golden bed by now, even 1 sub lost gets under his skin. Hopefully they open a few of those servers soon.

I mean it's almost like... classic that had its cycle 17 years ago and then moved into TBC.. has done the same thing...

I never understood the idea that people were spouting about classic being amazing and gonna kill WoW retail and yada yada. Not only is it not new, EVERY ASPECT OF THE GAME has been explored and there's guides for everything. There's no new challenges, there's no secrets, the world isn't grand and new and full of little places to find and enjoy.

Then they get classic, complain the content isn't coming fast enough, clear it in less than an hour when it does and then demand TBC. At this point it's going to become "WOTLK CLASSIC ONLY" in about a year from now.... when does it stop? Does it go back to classic after wrath? Classic Classic Classic WoW?

As much as i detest agreeing with J.Allen Brack... "you think you do, but you don't" was very apt.

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    I mean it's almost like... classic that had its cycle 17 years ago and then moved into TBC.. has done the same thing...

I never understood the idea that people were spouting about classic being amazing and gonna kill WoW retail and yada yada. Not only is it not new, EVERY ASPECT OF THE GAME has been explored and there's guides for everything. There's no new challenges, there's no secrets, the world isn't grand and new and full of little places to find and enjoy.

Then they get classic, complain the content isn't coming fast enough, clear it in less than an hour when it does and then demand TBC. At this point it's going to become "WOTLK CLASSIC ONLY" in about a year from now.... when does it stop? Does it go back to classic after wrath? Classic Classic Classic WoW?

As much as i detest agreeing with J.Allen Brack... "you think you do, but you don't" was very apt.
    Haha what a bunch of nonsense, classic was a gigantic success.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    I let my sub run out a week before TBC, if there were a few fresh vanilla servers I would still be paying. Bobby Kottick must be twisting and turning in his solid golden bed by now, even 1 sub lost gets under his skin. Hopefully they open a few of those servers soon.
    Sir Farora has unsubscribed from world of warcraft due to us not having fresh classic servers

BK: who? Did you order that island from the call of duty microtransaction money yet?

Sir Farora has unsubscribed from world of warcraft due to us not having fresh classic servers

BK: who? Did you order that island from the call of duty microtransaction money yet?
    Don't underestimate how greedy this devilman is.

vaniila players are used to thier servers being shut down, then a new server pop up and they start a new. which kept them in a loop, so they kinda never ran out of content, which is why many asks for fresh servers.

big part of classic fans are also fond of tbc and somewhat wotlk. you know, the good ol days before wow became too normie friendly.

They're all afk. Waiting for BC

So people are leaving classic for TBC.

What happens next? People leave TBC for WOTLK? Then carry on until current? I thought people liked vanilla, wanted vanilla.

I think it would have made sense to have vanilla, up to naxx, rinse > new servers > repeat: for purist at least.

3+ Year Old Account
    They are simply playing the superior, more polished, balanced and varied version of Vanilla: TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    "Vanilla is like a graveyard now"

"and also I play on a low population server"

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Except this statement ignores that the entire Blizzard / WoW leadership had to concede now multiple times that they completely underestimated Classic's success and frankly made them look like total idiots.

Seriously, do not take that the fact that the most unreasonable expectations of Classic's success did not come true somehow as a failure of the project, this is such a stupid view of things.

I reiterate what i said earlier in this thread: I have played Classic almost every day for almost two years, the fact that i'm now moving to TBC is not a concession that Classic somehow sucked.
    Release some fresh Classic servers in a few months and i'd go back to play Classic again, but without anything that adds new content or a clean slate to start over again, i lose interest, simply because character progression means a lot to me and my character in Classic is effectively finished.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-05-30 at 12:02 PM.