Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    WotLK is MVP and everyone knows it. Servers, history of AT and game itself. Can't bloody wait!
    wrath was trash and everyone not a wrathbaby blinded by bias and nostalgia knows it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Where has WOTLK ranked on the Private Server popularity, so-to-speak? o.o
    wrath is nr 1 easily,specialy now with vanila servers taking a decent hit

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    wrath was trash and everyone not a wrathbaby blinded by bias and nostalgia knows it
    Im always confused when someone puts forward an opinion, then decides to taint said opinion with "everyone knows it". What confuses me even more is when someone responds with an even more ridiculous extreme in their response, as you have here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

vanilla pservers are dead

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    vanilla private servers are dead af and probably forever. And like 90% of their players are people who don't want to sub or cannot afford it
    Im always stunned by the number of people who refuse to accept that some people who play on PS do it purely because it is free. I used to download a shitload of movies that i would NEVER pay money to watch, and never have - the only reason i watched said movie was it was free - and im very confident that for some of the playerbase on the illegal servers, that is their main reason for picking that option. I wont pretend to know what percentage of the playerbase this represents, but im confident in saying it is not an insignificant percentage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Playing on a pserver is not illegal by any means.

Making profit from hosting a pserver on the other hand...
    Playing on a pserver is absolutely illegal it’s against the ToS you agree to on install

Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    Playing on a pserver is absolutely illegal it’s against the ToS you agree to on install
    Blizz can't and won't press charges on you for playing on a private server no will you get so much as a ban if your caught playing on one. So no playing on a private server isn't illegal... Hosting one is and even then at MOST you'll get sued and told to shut it down

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Im always confused when someone puts forward an opinion, then decides to taint said opinion with "everyone knows it". What confuses me even more is when someone responds with an even more ridiculous extreme in their response, as you have here.
    its not extreme,its the only rational,logical and correct fact

- - - Updated - - -

something being against a games tos doesnt make it criminaly illegal lol,someone hosting a server and charging money for it is potentialy problematic legally,but very rarely can it be shown or acted against unless its super blatant

Probably doing more productive things than whining about classic wow 1 week prior to burning crusade classic launch. Will we get to read more of these copium fueled retarded takes on burning crusade classic while we're in the wotlk classic prepatch in two years? or will you people still be complaining about classic wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    They went back to private servers. Classic being stuck at naxx patch with everyone in teir 3 is boring.
    They didn't though, since Vanilla is still basically dead in the pserver scene. The newest F R E S H that launched just merged into another tiny server because no one was playing there.

Vanilla is and always was a niche. Nost was a fluke that was popular more due to size and impact than actual quality. TBC and WotLK have always been the "popular" versions of WoW, and that is still the case now.

- - - Updated - - -

wrath is nr 1 easily,specialy now with vanila servers taking a decent hit
    Did you have a stroke between these two responses? "WRATH IS AWFUL EVERYONE KNOWS IT" "EVERYONE IS PLAYING WRATH ON PSERVERS".

You ok, my dude?
    Last edited by Marxman; 2021-05-28 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    They didn't though, since Vanilla is still basically dead in the pserver scene. The newest F R E S H that launched just merged into another tiny server because no one was playing there.

Vanilla is and always was a niche. Nost was a fluke that was popular more due to size and impact than actual quality. TBC and WotLK have always been the "popular" versions of WoW, and that is still the case now.

Did you have a stroke between these two responses? "WRATH IS AWFUL EVERYONE KNOWS IT" "EVERYONE IS PLAYING WRATH ON PSERVERS".

You ok, my dude?
    hahahah,i have to admit your reply made me giggle,i can see how those 2 statements may seem weird

just because something is lazy and bad doesnt mean it wont be popular,religion is popular,justin bieber is etc,wrath is no different

That's not how laws work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Im always stunned by the number of people who refuse to accept that some people who play on PS do it purely because it is free. I used to download a shitload of movies that i would NEVER pay money to watch, and never have - the only reason i watched said movie was it was free - and im very confident that for some of the playerbase on the illegal servers, that is their main reason for picking that option. I wont pretend to know what percentage of the playerbase this represents, but im confident in saying it is not an insignificant percentage.
    also in the case of vanila private servers,i can tottaly understand people who chose that instead of blizzard simply because blizzard chose to make a bastardised version of vanila,personaly i dont mind it but im sure many ''purists'' out there dont like that its so altered

something being against a games tos doesnt make it criminaly illegal lol,someone hosting a server and charging money for it is potentialy problematic legally,but very rarely can it be shown or acted against unless its super blatant
    He never said anything about "criminal", and illegal doesn't mean against "criminal law" it means against any law.

In this case I assure you playing on private servers is 100% illegal as it violates many laws (depending on country and state ofc), mostly those of intellectually property.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    He never said anything about "criminal", and illegal doesn't mean against "criminal law" it means against any law.

In this case I assure you playing on private servers is 100% illegal as it violates many laws (depending on country and state ofc), mostly those of intellectually property.
    exept it is in no way illegal to play on a private server,blizzard MAY chose to ban you however if you go around advertising that you do

Classic isn't Vanilla, it's Classic. People who were there for Vanilla recognize the obvious differences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give it time (more than a week) you'll see people gather on some servers and do it all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Vanilla is like a graveyard now. This after years and years of people either playing illegally on private servers (because it was so much more fun than retail) and/or demanding that Vanilla be re-released. I for sure thought they would play Vanilla forever. I guess 2 years was enough to satisfy the decade-long controversy.
    I'm pretty sure the same thing that happened to Vanilla back in the day happened again this time, it's called TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    2021 Blizzard would have to make classic+.... no thank you.
    sadly I agree with you due to the devs seems still fully ignorant of what the playerbase want.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Are you familiar with the "time" concept?

Classic vanilla came out 2 years ago and it has been a huge success. In fact, there´s more people preparing for classic TBC now than people playing retail in many servers...

You literally have no point.
    not to mention classic has a larger stable playerbase retail has only been bigger due new exp launch.

exept it is in no way illegal to play on a private server,blizzard MAY chose to ban you however if you go around advertising that you do
    Nope, using trademarked product without obtaining it in a rightful manner is 100% illegal. Ofc they won't bother tracking down and sueing every Bob doing it, but it's still illegal.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You thought they did, but they didn't.
    Even if this is truth in long run, it's good Classic happened. Players have other version to compare, Blizzard cashed in, legacy crowd shut up. Win for everyone.