Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Patch 3.1 was actually a trainwreck of a patch, it was the biggest rollercoaster ever when it comes to class changes.

Patch 3.0 design was way more fun for most classes to play.

(The raids being a totally different story than the patches)

I don't have time for both Classic and TBC, and I prefer TBC (always have).

It also doesn't help that I can't even log into my Classic character without paying to have it copied. With no clear plan on what they want to do with those realms it feels like I'd be wasting money.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    I don't get what was so great about Arthas in WOTLK though... he was like Dr Claw... showing up, could have killed is next time, only to say he would get us later. His character was not a real threat and was not handled well at all.
    “Why don’t they make super villains that just kill everybody”

For the same reason you roll your eyes at horror movies. It’s fiction. It wouldn’t be a lot of fun if the good guys couldn’t win.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    “Why don’t they make super villains that just kill everybody”

For the same reason you roll your eyes at horror movies. It’s fiction. It wouldn’t be a lot of fun if the good guys couldn’t win.
    He could have at least been a threat though, up to the actual ICC raid/Heroics and other than in the Wrath Gate cinematic he really did not do much. I'm not saying he should have killed us but they could have portrayed him as more than a pushover until the final patch.

He could have at least been a threat though, up to the actual ICC raid/Heroics and other than in the Wrath Gate cinematic he really did not do much. I'm not saying he should have killed us but they could have portrayed him as more than a pushover until the final patch.
    "Allowing you to kill all my generals and empowered creations i spent years developing was all part of my plan."

Makes total sense to replace dozens of bosses that could handle 10-25 of us at a time.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-06-11 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Still waiting on classic fresh.
    You might be waiting forever on an official classic fresh. I know of an unofficial classic launching July 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because we just had like two years of it after not having it for a long, long time. People wanting to return to a game old does not mean they want to play that exact old game 24/7 for the rest of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the fact that an mmo all about playing dress up is potentialy the biggest mmo says a lot about the deplorable state of the genre
    You say that like WoW hasn't been about collecting slightly different coloured versions of outfits you already have for years now... The main purpose of covenants appears to be just that. One set for a few quests, one for anima grind and another two set for the special covenant "mini-games" grind. Unless you were lucky enough to pick Night Fae, as then you get another two Anima grinds instead. Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the fact that an mmo all about playing dress up is potentialy the biggest mmo says a lot about the deplorable state of the genre
    That's literally WoW though 99% of the people play this game to get the various cosmetic sets, mounts, and toys.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    That's literally WoW though 99% of the people play this game to get the various cosmetic sets, mounts, and toys.
    exept lfr,rdf and other activities that are in no way related to cosmetics see huge use,been playing the game since around the time AQ came out and i played probably around 80% of the games lifespan,and i LITERALY not know ONE person that plays for cosmetics/mounts or toys

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Lich King feels like a saturday morning cartoon villain in Wrath. Shows up with big talk then makes some minions of him to "get rid of the unwanted guests!" and we beat the minions and so on.

But there's a reason why Arthas appears after every corner in Northrend. In TBC Blizzard found out that many players didn't even know who Illidan was and why we were fighting him. So they made sure to introduce the villain more in Wrath but they over did it IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are dead since classic went live and all has been grinded to the bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    You might be waiting forever on an official classic fresh. I know of an unofficial classic launching July 30.
    Hmmmm. Never played on private before.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Because we just had like two years of it after not having it for a long, long time. People wanting to return to a game old does not mean they want to play that exact old game 24/7 for the rest of their lives.
    Thank you. Not to mention many people have more responsibilities, and other things going on in their lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

they better be farming naxx because according to them vanilla is the pinnacle of video gaming and blizzard sold out starting with tbc

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Yeah Lich King feels like a saturday morning cartoon villain in Wrath. Shows up with big talk then makes some minions of him to "get rid of the unwanted guests!" and we beat the minions and so on.

But there's a reason why Arthas appears after every corner in Northrend. In TBC Blizzard found out that many players didn't even know who Illidan was and why we were fighting him. So they made sure to introduce the villain more in Wrath but they over did it IMO.
    Yeah, it was a common complaint at the time that Arthas showing up and not killing us repeatedly cheapened him as an end boss.

And WoW has frequently had these giant pendulum swings in design philosphy. From Illian never showing up to Arthas constantly. From MoP's overwhelming amount of daily's (at the start) to WoD being completely barren.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death