Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    It’s almost like the player base has decided that the leveling experience is dog shit, the journey is a lie, and what matters is spending time with people you like playing with.
    noooooo - how dare you !

    how dare you speak truth

    it was alwayd dogshit - even 16 years ago - the problem back then was people didnt know experience could be better - as any alterantives aka ragnarok online , UO , runescape , lineage , FF11 itp leveling experience was even worse then the one in wow .

    imagine how unpopular wow would be if people were loosing exp/levels every time they died :P because thats how every other mmorpg of that era was treating people with .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-05-26 at 10:27 AM.

  2. #42
    they rly should just add the retail lfg tool,that will also be full of boosting ofc,but atleast you can sort stuff out and actualy LOOK for what you want instead of getting dizzy trying to navigate the lfg channel going by at break speed

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Anyone else find it ironic that the LFG channel is 99% people paying for "boosted" leveling and yet everyone in the game seems to be throwing shade at everyone that used a paid boost? lol Is paying for gold farmers to level you somehow more honorable than dropping $40?
    I must be blind, where do you find the LFG channel? Or is it one of those that is self made on each server?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Were they, though? As far as I've gathered you can only buy a single boost, with one version of the 'deluxe upgrade', whether you get the cosmetics or not.
    Yes, they were... if it wasn't a demand for it, single use or not, it wouldn't exist. By demand I don't mean people explicitly voicing "I demand boost to be implemented" but more from a market standpoint. Since back in vanilla, boosts had a huge demand among players, hence all the boosting services provided through third parties. Eventually blizzard gave in and monetised it themselves for more profit and more secure transaction instead of having accounts stolen and shit.

  5. #45
    Do I like the boosting scene? Not really. But it isn't a hill to die on for me. People will always find a way if it's allowed or not. I do wish they would just create a place for people to advertise it that isn't a mainstream channel so if one chooses to ignore it then they could more easily. General, trade, and looking for group is pretty hard spammed with it on my realm.

  6. #46
    people are only against blizzard getting a piece of that boosting pie

  7. #47
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,719
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    You're supporting a pay to win monetization scheme as well.
    Woo youre lvl58/70 you won the game. gz
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  8. #48
    I can't be arsed to find all the people in this thread who support my point of view and quote them and say "See, I've been right all along" so I'm just going to post this, it's about as valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

  9. #49
    The argument of "I don't care" is dangerous. Because you can be sure that Blizzard is trying to gauge what they can get away with. They want max profits in the end.
    A business trying to earn money? OMG, report to BBB!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    people are only against blizzard getting a piece of that boosting pie
    You're right. Not to be stereotypical here but...it should really go to the Chinese gold farmers.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    A business trying to earn money? OMG, report to BBB!
    Yeah, that's what he said. Blizzard will try to make money, because they are a company. Customers need to tell buisnesses what they are okay to give them money for, or else Blizzard will try to sell your more and more stuff that you could get for free.

    "They are a buisness" is not an argument for doing nothing and just let yourself be milked. It means you need to actually be a smart consumer, if you don't want to be fucked over by people who put a whole lot of thought into how to fuck you over most efficiently.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by InflaterMouse View Post
    Maybe, and in all honesty I'm not trying to spread the hate further. It just honestly makes zero sense to me. But yea, they are a company and if someone pays them money for a service, any service honestly it's nothing to worry about. If it actually was pay to win then it would matter but it isn't.
    I guess you missed the 100 page thread where it was conclusively proved that it is P2W. That's why all the hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I guess you missed the 100 page thread where it was conclusively proved that it is P2W. That's why all the hate.
    Nobody here conclusively proved anything other than the notion that a dozen people can write 15 posts on their opinion of a topic...

    And that apparently those 15 people have suspicious ideas of what constitutes “winning” in WoW.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I guess you missed the 100 page thread where it was conclusively proved that it is P2W. That's why all the hate.
    I must have, give me a quick summery if you don't mind. I can't wrap my head around boosting a character to level 58 before a release is pay to win. All it does is minimize the time involved, it doesn't give an edge to the player, gear, promise of gear, xp gains once at 58, monetary in game gains or anything like that. I mean I looked at the "green" set of gear provided with the boost as well and it's just shy of being a flaming dumpster fire. Numerous pieces on a hunter and rogue had spirit and stam as their only attributes. Literally it only cut the time involed, nothing else. Professions didn't benefit either, having to go back to low level locations and level gather professions from scratch.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Nobody here conclusively proved anything other than the notion that a dozen people can write 15 posts on their opinion of a topic...

    And that apparently those 15 people have suspicious ideas of what constitutes “winning” in WoW.
    I mean without the "company" handing out raid tier epics, giving a player an edge over another player then I'm not sure it can be proven. I mean I started a shaman 2 days ago and am level 29 already and I work 60+hrs per week. So anyone could get leveled to 60 prior to TBC release so that can't be viewed as a pay to win.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Yeah, that's what he said. Blizzard will try to make money, because they are a company. Customers need to tell buisnesses what they are okay to give them money for, or else Blizzard will try to sell your more and more stuff that you could get for free.

    "They are a buisness" is not an argument for doing nothing and just let yourself be milked. It means you need to actually be a smart consumer, if you don't want to be fucked over by people who put a whole lot of thought into how to fuck you over most efficiently.
    People "are" telling them what's ok and what's not. In case you didn't realize boosting isn't new to this content re-release and if it wasn't being used enough to be profitable then they wouldn't include it. As the young crowd of gamers who started out in vanilla grew up, got jobs, started families it was quickly realized by all (gamers and the companies) that boosting to save time is a very easy way to make money and to keep gamers gaming.

    People with busy lives/jobs/families/responsibilities will always value time over money and they are by using boosts that save them time during the leveling process. This doesn't impact other players or the game in a negative manner. The more people that play the game (especially without a LFG program) the better as it will be easier to find groups and stay engaged in the game. I have yet to see a single thing that having a boost in game for quicker leveling impacts me or the game in a negative way.

    If anyone feels it's a bad feature they can avoid it and still get anything a booster player gets for free, minus your time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Will you at least accept that isn't the case for everyone or is it "It doesn't affect me badly, therefore it doesn't affect anyone badly" thing?

    If people don't have time to play an MMO there are plenty of less time-consuming RPGs for them to play. Suggesting that filling a game format with players that it isn't suited for is "better for everyone" is a dumb argument, no?

    Oh noes the gatekeeping, reeeee.
    I mean show me a negative? I am not beyond reason, I just need to see something that impacts the game or other players negatively other than "I don't have money to boost, so it shouldn't be in the game for those who do?"

    And because people want to play a game, are suited to be able to play the game, are potentially great players who have proven themselves to be top tier raiders, but can spend money to save time doesn't mean they aren't "suited" for the current iteration right?
    Last edited by InflaterMouse; 2021-05-26 at 11:41 PM.

  14. #54
    I deleted my post because I can't be arsed to argue the "game with time investment = reward design possibly isn't suited to people who don't have the time to play it" because it's subjective. But claiming that the boost hasn't had a negative impact on anyone playing the game suggests you're not actually playing Classic at the moment, or have some heavy blinkers on at least.

    The game can stand on its own merit, it doesn't need incentives to play it. It just makes a lot more money if they introduce them, it is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Anyone else find it ironic that the LFG channel is 99% people paying for "boosted" leveling and yet everyone in the game seems to be throwing shade at everyone that used a paid boost? lol Is paying for gold farmers to level you somehow more honorable than dropping $40?
    News just in, WoW is played by a large diverse array of players who have different opinions on what the best way to enjoy the game is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I deleted my post because I can't be arsed to argue the "game with time investment = reward design possibly isn't suited to people who don't have the time to play it" because it's subjective. But claiming that the boost hasn't had a negative impact on anyone playing the game suggests you're not actually playing Classic at the moment, or have some heavy blinkers on at least.

    The game can stand on its own merit, it doesn't need incentives to play it. It just makes a lot more money if they introduce them, it is what it is.
    I got ya, I guess I just see it differently. And I might not be seeing what you're seeing regarding the negatives I guess.

  17. #57
    Immortal roahn the warlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In your base, killing your dudes
    Posts
    7,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Anyone else find it ironic that the LFG channel is 99% people paying for "boosted" leveling and yet everyone in the game seems to be throwing shade at everyone that used a paid boost? lol Is paying for gold farmers to level you somehow more honorable than dropping $40?
    I mean... Kinda? The gold is still something you worked for in game. And the person who benefits is another player who now uses that gold to buy stuff. So it all stays, for lack of a better word, In character. I honestly don't care just sharing my opinions, there's no stakes in classic wow, it's there for nostalgia.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2021-05-27 at 01:14 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

  18. #58
    I love all the spotty nerds telling me I must be shit because I boosted when I completed all this content 15 years ago on a potato with 200ms, no weak auras and no in depth guides/videos. Nothing makes me laugh harder when they think the content is even hard for today's standards.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    I love all the spotty nerds telling me I must be shit because I boosted when I completed all this content 15 years ago on a potato with 200ms, no weak auras and no in depth guides/videos. Nothing makes me laugh harder when they think the content is even hard for today's standards.
    I got the opposite im shit cuz i wont pay to boost my pally or have no friends to mob tag with its hilarious

  20. #60
    Immortal roahn the warlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In your base, killing your dudes
    Posts
    7,545
    Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    I love all the spotty nerds telling me I must be shit because I boosted when I completed all this content 15 years ago on a potato with 200ms, no weak auras and no in depth guides/videos. Nothing makes me laugh harder when they think the content is even hard for today's standards.
    Fuckin dude, I did that, and played on one of those mice with the BALL ON TOP. lol
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •