Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    has been widely debunked.
    This is total bullshit!You can't debunk John Ioannidis and thousands of other scientists.

It's kind of ironic that his whole point is that people overestimate their risks from dying from covid (which to be fair is true plenty of people have overestimated their risk) and then gives a statistic that massive underestimates the risk himself.
    The whole damn "pandemic" is driven by incompetence, fear and pure stupidity. That's the point you can't get because you're incapable of rational thought because of fear. A vicious cycle.

Yes and the excess death rates in a lot of countries are higher than those attributed to Covid-19 which suggest Covid-19 deaths are under reported in a lot of countries - https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...deaths-tracker
    This is also pure bullshit because it's the other way around. Anyone with a runny nose who dies is counted as a Covid death. That's why there are no more flu deaths worldwide. Everything is attributed to Covid in order to distort the numbers and create panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    As far as international fans go, that's well and good. The issue is the sorts that are actually part of the convention events. Would make stuff like esports events into major question marks. As far as a limited gathering goes, the question is whether they'd jack up ticket prices to compensate for the limited seating or let scalpers have a bigger field day than normal. Also, IDK if Cali would even allow limited-gathering events depending on what all happens between now and November.
    Blizzard has already demonstrated how to get around that in how they held those events this year. They can keep that the way they did it.

The games industry and sports industry have fairly different demographics. I'm sure there was fringes of the sports audience that complained about limited attendance, but that subgroup of people is larger and taken more seriously within the games industry. Granted, I'd wager the whiners would still go full CONSUME PRODUCT regardless of what Blizzard did.
    IF anyone complained about limited attendance, it wasn't audible. And youa re right, there will be a segment that complains, but as we kow they are always a vocal minority.

With pre-recorded footage, it's just easier to avoid in general. The blunders mentioned in this segment are more about the last few live Blizzcons than anything else. Probably not necessarily a dealbreaker, but I was sort of trying to think outside the box by this point.
    But the only ones who care about that are again, a vocal minority who want to slam Blizzard regardless. The majority do not care.

More or less agreed here, especially this late in the game. Outside of maybe the full-attendance 2022 event, we'll have to see where things are by that point. Real shame for Blizz, it seems like they'd actually have quite a bit in the lineup this year, between D4, OW2, Patch 9.2, the obligatory HS expansion, and whatever update Immortal has, presuming it's out by that point. And any actual surprises, which we may be due for at this point.
    The NBA , MLB, NFL, and NHL are already going to full attendance, so by late 2022 Blizzard should be able to host BlizzCon without issue.

Ok lets see. "The Worldwide death toll didn't increase at all during the pandemic" - Ok so I am going to assume you mean global deaths and not death toll specifically from Covid because... um of course the death toll has increased during the pandemic the death toll would increase if 1 person died. So what I am going to assume you mean is that no more people died than normally would... which is wrong. I suggest you look at the excess death figures before you make such statements.

"But when a virus has a 99.8% survival rate" - Source for this statistics please?

"The people that did die, in all honest likely would have died regardless" - source please.

"We all die one day" - yes we do but our risk preference can affect when we will die... say like trying to pretend a global pandemic isn't as serious as it actually is? Or people who say that covid is just a flu ("just a flu" also ignores the hundreds of thousands who die from influenza each year but Covid is many times more deadly than your usual flu season).

"Meanwhile there are people who live to be over a hundred who smoked cigarettes most of their lives" - and there are people who develop lung cancer from smoking a single cigarette. The point is the person smoking over a hundred a day has a higher risk of developing cancer. But you have to take that in a group context. A group of people who smoke a hundred of day are more likely to die from cancer than a group of people who don't. Just like a group of people who vaccinate themselves against covid are less likely to die from covid than a group of people who don't.

Adult enough for you?

When I said that most of the people who died of the pandemic would have died any way it's a statement born of a logical conclusion. Think about it. Most of the people who died from covid were sick and infirm. Elderly or those with compromised immune systems.

In 2020, the global death rate was at 7.612 per 1,000 people, which is a rate marginally higher than that from 2016 through 2019 but is lower than 2015 and all years prior to this. In other words, apart from the four years between 2016 and 2019, the data in the table for 2020 appears to indicate the global death rate is at its lowest in nearly 70 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Blizzard has already demonstrated how to get around that in how they held those events this year. They can keep that the way they did it.

IF anyone complained about limited attendance, it wasn't audible. And youa re right, there will be a segment that complains, but as we kow they are always a vocal minority.

But the only ones who care about that are again, a vocal minority who want to slam Blizzard regardless. The majority do not care.

The NBA , MLB, NFL, and NHL are already going to full attendance, so by late 2022 Blizzard should be able to host Blizzcon without issue.
    I agree whole heartedly!
    The big difference is money$$$ Those sporting events generate much more revenue than Blizzcon. So for them the slightest chance for some bad press due to hosting a Blizzcon isn't financially equitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    No I won't. If you guys have the right to spew anti-vaxx hogwash publicly. I also have the right to call you as bad as nazis publicly. That's the good thing about 'muh rights. Don't like it? Go to an undemocratic state that WILL force you to vaccinate. And not with Pfizer either.
    anti-vax is equal to nazis. got it. do you believe the stuff you post? lol this guy.....

lol didn't know this was the aniti-vaxxer thread? Yall gonna talk about how the election was stolen next?

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    This is total bullshit!You can't debunk John Ioannidis and thousands of other scientists.

The whole damn "pandemic" is driven by incompetence, fear and pure stupidity. That's the point you can't get because you're incapable of rational thought because of fear. A vicious cycle.

This is also pure bullshit because it's the other way around. Anyone with a runny nose who dies is counted as a Covid death. That's why there are no more flu deaths worldwide. Everything is attributed to Covid in order to distort the numbers and create panic.
    Ok lets see you posted a video which said "Instead of using Excess mortality which is the only relevant measure media for over a year have been reporting cases of death" and then when I post the statistics showing that in the many countries excess mortality is above reported covid deaths and you try and say this is bullshit because it's the other way around? And you think I'm incapable of rational thought... right...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    anti-vax is equal to nazis. got it. do you believe the stuff you post? lol this guy.....
    well their opinions are equaly stupid, but i would say most nazis didnt realy believe the shit they spewed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    lol didn't know this was the aniti-vaxxer thread? Yall gonna talk about how the election was stolen next?
    i guess we hit the reason why there is so many pointless threads with no traces of logic or proof other than "muh feelings" whatsoever...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i guess we hit the reason why there is so many pointless threads with no traces of logic or proof other than "muh feelings" whatsoever...
    Not sure what this is supposed to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    I agree whole heartedly!
    The big difference is money$$$ Those sporting events generate much more revenue than Blizzcon. So for them the slightest chance for some bad press due to hosting a Blizzcon isn't financially equitable.
    Blizzard won't get bad press at that point.Everyone will already be full capacity by that point and the press will have moved on. Blizzard will end up being the last group to resume their big event.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean?
    site seems to be full of antivaxers, so ofc very little logic to find around here

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Blizzard is dying
    Real deep here..

well their opinions are equaly stupid, but i would say most nazis didnt realy believe the shit they spewed

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe so, but dude legit said “as bad as nazis”. I don’t see the parallel of anti-Vaxxer equating to people that purposely rounded up millions of Jews and exterminated them. This kind of broad generalization is ridiculous and laughable. I’m not defending anti-vaxxers, but damn. That shit isn’t even close.

Blizzard won't get bad press at that point.Everyone will already be full capacity by that point and the press will have moved on. Blizzard will end up being the last group to resume their big event.
    Where have you been? Everything Blizzard does gets bad press because of the folks that love to hate on everything yet still follow or consume their product. Just look at how people got triggered by an event during a pandemic, even though it is under control in the country, getting cancelled.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-05-28 at 05:02 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    I commute between Sweden and Crown Falls.
    Yeaah... Been pretty clear for quite some time that this website is festering with right-wing nutjobs, but anti-vaxxers are just a whole new depth of ineptitude that runs through all political orientations...

Scary as shit.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    My near death experience? When I realized that there are people paying £2000 for the Swift Zulian Tiger on the BMAH. Damned near did not survive that.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Where have you been? Everything Blizzard does gets bad press because of the folks that love to hate on everything yet still follow or consume their product. Just look at how people got triggered by an event during a pandemic, even though it is under control in the country, getting cancelled.
    I am speaking about hosting an event in 2022 well after everyone else has reopened everything. Nobody is going to whine about having an even in a pandemic when everyone else in the world is staging full capacity events.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yeaah... Been pretty clear for quite some time that this website is festering with right-wing nutjobs, but anti-vaxxers are just a whole new depth of ineptitude that runs through all political orientations...

Scary as shit.
    Not nearly as scary as all the far left totalitarian nutjobs festering here. That is starting to massively infect the country as well. THAT is what is truly scary.

I am speaking about hosting an event in 2022 well after everyone else has reopened everything. Nobody is going to whine about having an even in a pandemic when everyone else in the world is staging full capacity events.
    You are essentially already whining about it though. Lol. Also amusing how you can speak for the entire world now.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

blizzard is "dying" so long i cant even recall when it started, definitely before wow was released...
    and technicaly, everyone and everything is dying...

- - - Updated - - -

nah, way before that, probably 9.2.1991, day after being founded
    Except this time Blizzard have lost almost all their senior members, whom all mysteriously left almost all at once but shattered into 7 or so different companies which then reassembled under Mike Morhaime's new publisher Dreamhaven.

I'm sure that's normal though... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Except this time Blizzard have lost almost all their senior members, whom all mysteriously left almost all at once but shattered into 7 or so different companies which then reassembled under Mike Morhaime's new publisher Dreamhaven.

You don't know how the gaming industry works. People almost never stay at the same company fror their entire life. They move on. ANd why not move on to a company of a guy you have worked with in the past and like? You are trying to read something that isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post

Dream haven has 2 studios that’s not even half of the crap ton that have popped up leeching off of the Exblizzard dev hype. There was also no “all leaving at once” this has been ongoing for over 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    don’t see the parallel of anti-Vaxxer equating to people that purposely rounded up millions of Jews and exterminated them.
    You don't? Well anti-vaxxers refuse to vaccine un purpose that endangers not only themselves but those who for one reason or another can't get vaccinated. For Herd immunity to work, everyone who can get a vaccine must get one. Without herd immunity we would still be fighting smallpox and the bubonic plague. Get it now?