Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    Listen here. First Off I'm many decades older than 12. Furthermore you should have gleaned that by my words and grammar used in my post not just the one line of "we all die one day."

Point being, since you want me to spell it out for you is this. We all die one day, not saying there is no point to trying to save yourself but that people act like dieing these days is optional. You can take care of yourself and get hit by a car or killed in a crash. Sure you take care of yourself anyhow because we are all obsessed with control and want to feel we have some small degree of influence in the length and breath of our lives. Meanwhile there are people who live to be over a hundred who smoked cigarettes most of their lives. You do the best you can for as long as you can. That's all. But when a virus has a 99.8 percent survival rate there is no justification to shut down societies and force people to distance and change their lives just so 0.02 % of people who would have died anyhow can survive. The worldwide death toll didn't increase at all during the pandemic. The people that did die, in all honesty likely would have died regardless.
    Now if there is a 12 year old who would sit here and take the time to clearly articulate his thoughts and opinion in a non aggressive way such as I have I would take a hundred of them to one person who just chooses to spout nonsense with nary an original thought in their head.
    Excellent summation, but I will disagree with you on one thing and that is social distancing. I think this is the only reasonable thing to come out of the Pandemic and the one thing I hope stays after the pandemic is over at least in terms of stores and heavily congested areas. However, that has to remain a choice of each individual business.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They outright swaid they didn't have the time top put it together. Now you are trying to spin it to git your narrative and once again youa re being dishonest by misrepresenting my words and not know what a nanny state actually is. Since you are going to continue to be disingenuous, spin my words, and other dishonesty, we are done here.
    Spin a narrative? Have you not read their announcement? Did you actually read my post? I said they had the same amount of time if they didn't have to factor in the pandemic. Since they had to go by the pandemic, and the restriction imposed by what you keep calling the nanny state, they did not have the time. The only one being disingenuous here is yourself. You keep making statements, changing, ignoring, and anything else you can think. I haven't spun or done anything else dishonest.

The people against you are not part of a group that wants to control your every movement and life. You have little understanding of civilization if you think you are not already controlled to a small degree. If people have the right to voice their opinion then you should also allow them to dissent from yourself with out insulting and otherwise villifying them. Or is this the usual case of "rules for thee but not for me" that comes in instances like this.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Excellent summation, but I will disagree with you on one thing and that is social distancing. I think this is the only reasonable thing to come out of the Pandemic and the one thing I hope stays after the pandemic is over at least in terms of stores and heavily congested areas. However, that has to remain a choice of each individual business.
    Same here. I can't stand people in Walmart before or sometimes even during this pandemic that stand around and have family reunions right in the middle of the store. Or just go to Walmart and crowd it up because they are bored.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Not sure Candy Crush and CoD are Blizzard games. But it was interesting to hear WoW losing a quarter of it's subs during Covid when everyone is literally sat at home doing nothing.
    WoW did not lose a quarter of its subscriptions. The quarterly report only covers MAU and does not break it down per game for Blizzard. Blizzard still had good performance results. It is impossible to say how weak Diablo 4 is compared to PoE or Valorant because little has been released about the full picture of Diablo 4. There is no reason to lie or exaggerate in order to make a claim.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    Listen here. First Off I'm many decades older than 12. Furthermore you should have gleaned that by my words and grammar used in my post not just the one line of "we all die one day."

Point being, since you want me to spell it out for you is this. We all die one day, not saying there is no point to trying to save yourself but that people act like dieing these days is optional. You can take care of yourself and get hit by a car or killed in a crash. Sure you take care of yourself anyhow because we are all obsessed with control and want to feel we have some small degree of influence in the length and breath of our lives. Meanwhile there are people who live to be over a hundred who smoked cigarettes most of their lives. You do the best you can for as long as you can. That's all. But when a virus has a 99.8 percent survival rate there is no justification to shut down societies and force people to distance and change their lives just so 0.02 % of people who would have died anyhow can survive. The worldwide death toll didn't increase at all during the pandemic. The people that did die, in all honesty likely would have died regardless.
    Now if there is a 12 year old who would sit here and take the time to clearly articulate his thoughts and opinion in a non aggressive way such as I have I would take a hundred of them to one person who just chooses to spout nonsense with nary an original thought in their head.
    Ok lets see. "The Worldwide death toll didn't increase at all during the pandemic" - Ok so I am going to assume you mean global deaths and not death toll specifically from Covid because... um of course the death toll has increased during the pandemic the death toll would increase if 1 person died. So what I am going to assume you mean is that no more people died than normally would... which is wrong. I suggest you look at the excess death figures before you make such statements.

"But when a virus has a 99.8% survival rate" - Source for this statistics please?

"The people that did die, in all honest likely would have died regardless" - source please.

"We all die one day" - yes we do but our risk preference can affect when we will die... say like trying to pretend a global pandemic isn't as serious as it actually is? Or people who say that covid is just a flu ("just a flu" also ignores the hundreds of thousands who die from influenza each year but Covid is many times more deadly than your usual flu season).

"Meanwhile there are people who live to be over a hundred who smoked cigarettes most of their lives" - and there are people who develop lung cancer from smoking a single cigarette. The point is the person smoking over a hundred a day has a higher risk of developing cancer. But you have to take that in a group context. A group of people who smoke a hundred of day are more likely to die from cancer than a group of people who don't. Just like a group of people who vaccinate themselves against covid are less likely to die from covid than a group of people who don't.

Adult enough for you?

3+ Year Old Account
    International partners can watch it virtually. To take that into account, you do similar to what the NFL did with the Super Bowl and reduce the number of tickets to sell. A more limited fan gathering. Cut it down to 50% or 25%. TEH impact internationally is not a deal breaker.
    As far as international fans go, that's well and good. The issue is the sorts that are actually part of the convention events. Would make stuff like esports events into major question marks. As far as a limited gathering goes, the question is whether they'd jack up ticket prices to compensate for the limited seating or let scalpers have a bigger field day than normal. Also, IDK if Cali would even allow limited-gathering events depending on what all happens between now and November.

The NBA, NHL, and MLB have already allowed fans in rising numbers and have faced no PR issues. In fact, it is being praised for getting fans back into arenas. IF Blizz were to do a 25% of normal attendance BlizzCon, for example, any PR hit would minimal to almost nothing.
    The games industry and sports industry have fairly different demographics. I'm sure there was fringes of the sports audience that complained about limited attendance, but that subgroup of people is larger and taken more seriously within the games industry. Granted, I'd wager the whiners would still go full CONSUME PRODUCT regardless of what Blizzard did.

You are stretching one joke way too far. The pro sports leagues have not had blunders with bringing fans back, so I don't see that as a dealbreaker either.
    With pre-recorded footage, it's just easier to avoid in general. The blunders mentioned in this segment are more about the last few live Blizzcons than anything else. Probably not necessarily a dealbreaker, but I was sort of trying to think outside the box by this point.

That said, even a reduced attendance event would be difficult logistics wise to put on, so it is best to save the money and all the planning, have a virtual one in early 2022 and then prepare for a full attendance BlizzCon in late 2022. It makes the most economic sense.
    More or less agreed here, especially this late in the game. Outside of maybe the full-attendance 2022 event, we'll have to see where things are by that point. Real shame for Blizz, it seems like they'd actually have quite a bit in the lineup this year, between D4, OW2, Patch 9.2, the obligatory HS expansion, and whatever update Immortal has, presuming it's out by that point. And any actual surprises, which we may be due for at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    well bfa brought the coffin in the yard and shadowlands supplied the nails. there wont be a new wow expansion to announce. the future of wow is wotlk classic and thats probably it because during cataclysm the cool wow community started to really shit on the game even more than during wotlk.

-diablo 3 and immortal made everyone not care about that franchise anymore
    -overwatch 2 is literally just full priced patch for overwatch
    -heroes was dead on arrival
    -sc2 is died somewhere 2015/16 or so
    -hearthstone i cant even take serious and is a mystery to me what kind of people 'play' this 'game'

unless theyre working on something new and big thats not ready to show they would just earn even more booing at a blizzcon. and they probably saw how much cheaper streaming recorded videos during blizzconline was than renting a convention building and even make a buck by selling 'virtual tickets' for a fucking stream.
    You are quite literally full of fecal matter. Diablo 3 got more people interested than I had heard of in a decade. The graphics and Adventure mode allowed people to do something besides play same campaign over and over. They are still making enough money to keep putting out seasons at this point. And frankly Ive had my best season ever thanks to my Followers wearing full sets of gear.. Throw have dozen primals on the follower and watch shit just blow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Meurik View Post
    I honestly don't care what you, or the poster before you believe. COVID-19 is real, it's killed hundreds of thousands of people, and there are commentators in this very thread calling it a "fake pandemic". You people are quite honestly sickening.
    Not once did I say there wasn’t a pandemic. I had covid. They are talking about it ending and the actual science behind the death rate in this thing which was worldwide, grossly inflated. You might want to look at every other thing in life that you do that carries the same chance of dying that you never pay attention to, as opposed to white knighting about an ending pandemic. Texas says hello with zero covid deaths since un-masking. Other states are opened up without this great plague murdering millions. You need to come to terms with reality.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol. muh flu 'pandemic'. tho thcary.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    i did.. now eat shit

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-investiga...193600193.html

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is investigating reports of heart problems in teenagers and young adults who were vaccinated against COVID-19.
    Oh good. You decided to have a link after being called out. That helps.

And as another poster mentioned, those who had these heart problems either A: Had covid before the vaccine or B: had pre-existing heart problems before the vaccine. So in your own words, eat shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters;53204181
    [COLOR="#417394"
    - - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

The Pandemic has been shitty for many of us. Lives have been lost.

Not getting a Convention about the products of a gaming company seems benign, like a disappointment people should be able to handle. Although, as they said, they'll likely hold an event such as the latest BlizzcOnline... Which wasn't all that fun, but it did at least showcase stuff.

I'm willing to bet that 10.0 will be severely delayed due to this entire shitshow anyways...
    I meant thought more in the line of blizzcon online, like they did this year to be fair, is doable. Just not the same profit

I have found a very good TED Talk by a Swedish scientist. Listen and learn, you Corona´s Witnesses!
    https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors...uman-stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    I have found a very good TED Talk by a Swedish scientist. Listen and learn, you Corona´s Witnesses!
    https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors...uman-stupidity
    Oh look an anti vax website... why am I not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    website
    TEDx Talk is an anti vax site?

Have you watched it?

TEDx Talk is an anti vax site?

Have you watched it?
    No Americasfrontlinedoctors is an anti vax site... I'm assuming you know the difference between a website and a video link posted on a website? Anyhow the video is reasonably interesting but I would also point out this guy is a psychiatrist not an epidemologist and he keeps parroting the 0.2% mortality rate statistics which has been widely debunked.

It's kind of ironic that his whole point is that people overestimate their risks from dying from covid (which to be fair is true plenty of people have overestimated their risk) and then gives a statistic that massive underestimates the risk himself.

Also an interesting point to pick out from his talk "Instead of using Excess mortality which is the only relevant measure media for over a year have been reporting cases of death" - Yes and the excess death rates in a lot of countries are higher than those attributed to Covid-19 which suggest Covid-19 deaths are under reported in a lot of countries - https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...deaths-tracker
    Last edited by Spikeychris; 2021-05-28 at 01:04 PM.

has been widely debunked.
    This is total bullshit!You can't debunk John Ioannidis and thousands of other scientists.

It's kind of ironic that his whole point is that people overestimate their risks from dying from covid (which to be fair is true plenty of people have overestimated their risk) and then gives a statistic that massive underestimates the risk himself.
    The whole damn "pandemic" is driven by incompetence, fear and pure stupidity. That's the point you can't get because you're incapable of rational thought because of fear. A vicious cycle.

Yes and the excess death rates in a lot of countries are higher than those attributed to Covid-19 which suggest Covid-19 deaths are under reported in a lot of countries - https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...deaths-tracker
    This is also pure bullshit because it's the other way around. Anyone with a runny nose who dies is counted as a Covid death. That's why there are no more flu deaths worldwide. Everything is attributed to Covid in order to distort the numbers and create panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    As far as international fans go, that's well and good. The issue is the sorts that are actually part of the convention events. Would make stuff like esports events into major question marks. As far as a limited gathering goes, the question is whether they'd jack up ticket prices to compensate for the limited seating or let scalpers have a bigger field day than normal. Also, IDK if Cali would even allow limited-gathering events depending on what all happens between now and November.
    Blizzard has already demonstrated how to get around that in how they held those events this year. They can keep that the way they did it.

The games industry and sports industry have fairly different demographics. I'm sure there was fringes of the sports audience that complained about limited attendance, but that subgroup of people is larger and taken more seriously within the games industry. Granted, I'd wager the whiners would still go full CONSUME PRODUCT regardless of what Blizzard did.
    IF anyone complained about limited attendance, it wasn't audible. And youa re right, there will be a segment that complains, but as we kow they are always a vocal minority.

With pre-recorded footage, it's just easier to avoid in general. The blunders mentioned in this segment are more about the last few live Blizzcons than anything else. Probably not necessarily a dealbreaker, but I was sort of trying to think outside the box by this point.
    But the only ones who care about that are again, a vocal minority who want to slam Blizzard regardless. The majority do not care.

More or less agreed here, especially this late in the game. Outside of maybe the full-attendance 2022 event, we'll have to see where things are by that point. Real shame for Blizz, it seems like they'd actually have quite a bit in the lineup this year, between D4, OW2, Patch 9.2, the obligatory HS expansion, and whatever update Immortal has, presuming it's out by that point. And any actual surprises, which we may be due for at this point.
    The NBA , MLB, NFL, and NHL are already going to full attendance, so by late 2022 Blizzard should be able to host BlizzCon without issue.

Ok lets see. "The Worldwide death toll didn't increase at all during the pandemic" - Ok so I am going to assume you mean global deaths and not death toll specifically from Covid because... um of course the death toll has increased during the pandemic the death toll would increase if 1 person died. So what I am going to assume you mean is that no more people died than normally would... which is wrong. I suggest you look at the excess death figures before you make such statements.

"But when a virus has a 99.8% survival rate" - Source for this statistics please?

"The people that did die, in all honest likely would have died regardless" - source please.

"We all die one day" - yes we do but our risk preference can affect when we will die... say like trying to pretend a global pandemic isn't as serious as it actually is? Or people who say that covid is just a flu ("just a flu" also ignores the hundreds of thousands who die from influenza each year but Covid is many times more deadly than your usual flu season).

"Meanwhile there are people who live to be over a hundred who smoked cigarettes most of their lives" - and there are people who develop lung cancer from smoking a single cigarette. The point is the person smoking over a hundred a day has a higher risk of developing cancer. But you have to take that in a group context. A group of people who smoke a hundred of day are more likely to die from cancer than a group of people who don't. Just like a group of people who vaccinate themselves against covid are less likely to die from covid than a group of people who don't.

Adult enough for you?

When I said that most of the people who died of the pandemic would have died any way it's a statement born of a logical conclusion. Think about it. Most of the people who died from covid were sick and infirm. Elderly or those with compromised immune systems.

In 2020, the global death rate was at 7.612 per 1,000 people, which is a rate marginally higher than that from 2016 through 2019 but is lower than 2015 and all years prior to this. In other words, apart from the four years between 2016 and 2019, the data in the table for 2020 appears to indicate the global death rate is at its lowest in nearly 70 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard has already demonstrated how to get around that in how they held those events this year. They can keep that the way they did it.

IF anyone complained about limited attendance, it wasn't audible. And youa re right, there will be a segment that complains, but as we kow they are always a vocal minority.

But the only ones who care about that are again, a vocal minority who want to slam Blizzard regardless. The majority do not care.

The NBA , MLB, NFL, and NHL are already going to full attendance, so by late 2022 Blizzard should be able to host Blizzcon without issue.
    I agree whole heartedly!
    The big difference is money$$$ Those sporting events generate much more revenue than Blizzcon. So for them the slightest chance for some bad press due to hosting a Blizzcon isn't financially equitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    No I won't. If you guys have the right to spew anti-vaxx hogwash publicly. I also have the right to call you as bad as nazis publicly. That's the good thing about 'muh rights. Don't like it? Go to an undemocratic state that WILL force you to vaccinate. And not with Pfizer either.
    anti-vax is equal to nazis. got it. do you believe the stuff you post? lol this guy.....

This is total bullshit!You can't debunk John Ioannidis and thousands of other scientists.

The whole damn "pandemic" is driven by incompetence, fear and pure stupidity. That's the point you can't get because you're incapable of rational thought because of fear. A vicious cycle.

This is also pure bullshit because it's the other way around. Anyone with a runny nose who dies is counted as a Covid death. That's why there are no more flu deaths worldwide. Everything is attributed to Covid in order to distort the numbers and create panic.
    Ok lets see you posted a video which said "Instead of using Excess mortality which is the only relevant measure media for over a year have been reporting cases of death" and then when I post the statistics showing that in the many countries excess mortality is above reported covid deaths and you try and say this is bullshit because it's the other way around? And you think I'm incapable of rational thought... right...