Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    anti-vax is equal to nazis. got it. do you believe the stuff you post? lol this guy.....
    well their opinions are equaly stupid, but i would say most nazis didnt realy believe the shit they spewed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    lol didn't know this was the aniti-vaxxer thread? Yall gonna talk about how the election was stolen next?
    i guess we hit the reason why there is so many pointless threads with no traces of logic or proof other than "muh feelings" whatsoever...

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    I agree whole heartedly!
    The big difference is money$$$ Those sporting events generate much more revenue than Blizzcon. So for them the slightest chance for some bad press due to hosting a Blizzcon isn't financially equitable.
    Blizzard won't get bad press at that point.Everyone will already be full capacity by that point and the press will have moved on. Blizzard will end up being the last group to resume their big event.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean?
    site seems to be full of antivaxers, so ofc very little logic to find around here

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well their opinions are equaly stupid, but i would say most nazis didnt realy believe the shit they spewed

- - - Updated - - -

i guess we hit the reason why there is so many pointless threads with no traces of logic or proof other than "muh feelings" whatsoever...
    Maybe so, but dude legit said “as bad as nazis”. I don’t see the parallel of anti-Vaxxer equating to people that purposely rounded up millions of Jews and exterminated them. This kind of broad generalization is ridiculous and laughable. I’m not defending anti-vaxxers, but damn. That shit isn’t even close.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Blizzard won't get bad press at that point.Everyone will already be full capacity by that point and the press will have moved on. Blizzard will end up being the last group to resume their big event.
    Where have you been? Everything Blizzard does gets bad press because of the folks that love to hate on everything yet still follow or consume their product. Just look at how people got triggered by an event during a pandemic, even though it is under control in the country, getting cancelled.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-05-28 at 05:02 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

lol didn't know this was the aniti-vaxxer thread? Yall gonna talk about how the election was stolen next?
    Yeaah... Been pretty clear for quite some time that this website is festering with right-wing nutjobs, but anti-vaxxers are just a whole new depth of ineptitude that runs through all political orientations...

Scary as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Where have you been? Everything Blizzard does gets bad press because of the folks that love to hate on everything yet still follow or consume their product. Just look at how people got triggered by an event during a pandemic, even though it is under control in the country, getting cancelled.
    I am speaking about hosting an event in 2022 well after everyone else has reopened everything. Nobody is going to whine about having an even in a pandemic when everyone else in the world is staging full capacity events.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yeaah... Been pretty clear for quite some time that this website is festering with right-wing nutjobs, but anti-vaxxers are just a whole new depth of ineptitude that runs through all political orientations...

Scary as shit.
    Not nearly as scary as all the far left totalitarian nutjobs festering here. That is starting to massively infect the country as well. THAT is what is truly scary.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am speaking about hosting an event in 2022 well after everyone else has reopened everything. Nobody is going to whine about having an even in a pandemic when everyone else in the world is staging full capacity events.
    You are essentially already whining about it though. Lol. Also amusing how you can speak for the entire world now.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

blizzard is "dying" so long i cant even recall when it started, definitely before wow was released...
    and technicaly, everyone and everything is dying...

- - - Updated - - -

nah, way before that, probably 9.2.1991, day after being founded
    Except this time Blizzard have lost almost all their senior members, whom all mysteriously left almost all at once but shattered into 7 or so different companies which then reassembled under Mike Morhaime's new publisher Dreamhaven.

I'm sure that's normal though... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Except this time Blizzard have lost almost all their senior members, whom all mysteriously left almost all at once but shattered into 7 or so different companies which then reassembled under Mike Morhaime's new publisher Dreamhaven.

You don't know how the gaming industry works. People almost never stay at the same company fror their entire life. They move on. ANd why not move on to a company of a guy you have worked with in the past and like? You are trying to read something that isn't there.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Dream haven has 2 studios that’s not even half of the crap ton that have popped up leeching off of the Exblizzard dev hype. There was also no “all leaving at once” this has been ongoing for over 10 years.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    don’t see the parallel of anti-Vaxxer equating to people that purposely rounded up millions of Jews and exterminated them.
    You don't? Well anti-vaxxers refuse to vaccine un purpose that endangers not only themselves but those who for one reason or another can't get vaccinated. For Herd immunity to work, everyone who can get a vaccine must get one. Without herd immunity we would still be fighting smallpox and the bubonic plague. Get it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Dream haven has 2 studios that’s not even half of the crap ton that have popped up leeching off of the Exblizzard dev hype. There was also no “all leaving at once” this has been ongoing for over 10 years.
    https://www.dreamhaven.com/news/partnerships

If you're going to respond, at least do yourself the service of checking information when you're presented with it.

And although it has been going on slowly for a long time - things like that always happen - it has accelerated A LOT.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Almost all at once" but happening over several years? They are partnering with Dreamhaven because it is a funder of start ups basically. The entire goal of the game is to be haven for dreams. It isn't surprising though that people connected to Blizzard still have a connection with a founder and ex-ceo of Blizzard.

people wanting to change company after working 10, 15, even 20 years in the same place? would be more surprising if they didnt leave... people working that long in one company are becoming rarity, and actualy on higher positions even more so...

btw, almost all at once? dont make me laugh, senior members were leaving before, even during wotlk, but somehow then it was not "news", i wonder why... perhaps bcs back then hating on blizz wasnt mainstream...

5+ Year Old Account
    You don't know how the gaming industry works. People almost never stay at the same company fror their entire life. They move on. ANd why not move on to a company of a guy you have worked with in the past and like? You are trying to read something that isn't there.
    Well I'm glad we are back on topic. But while it IS normal to people to come and go, I'm kinda missing the come part. When was the last time we had news that some new great talent joined Blizzard? Geunine question cause I can't remember. Yes, doomsaying is dumb, but turning a blind I to things not going well isn't wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    You don't? Well anti-vaxxers refuse to vaccine un purpose that endangers not only themselves but those who for one reason or another can't get vaccinated. For Herd immunity to work, everyone who can get a vaccine must get one. Without herd immunity we would still be fighting smallpox and the bubonic plague. Get it now?
    untrue. because people have a problem with the covid vaccination, you completely rounded the pole and say they are endangering millions. this isnt polio. this isnt the black plague. get real. like seriously go ready death statistics on covid. i have yet to see one post saying smallpox vaccination is bad. we are specific to covid in this conversation. get it now?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    "Almost all at once" but happening over several years? They are partnering with Dreamhaven because it is a funder of start ups basically. The entire goal of the game is to be haven for dreams. It isn't surprising though that people connected to Blizzard still have a connection with a founder and ex-ceo of Blizzard.
    Yes, it is surprising, because what it implies is that all these people have not changed their vision or loyalties or their plans for the future. They want to be working for the same guy in the same location doing the same kind of work for the same audience.

And yet they left.

- - - Updated - - -

people wanting to change company after working 10, 15, even 20 years in the same place? would be more surprising if they didnt leave... people working that long in one company are becoming rarity, and actualy on higher positions even more so...

btw, almost all at once? dont make me laugh, senior members were leaving before, even during wotlk, but somehow then it was not "news", i wonder why... perhaps bcs back then hating on blizz wasnt mainstream...
    I've never been a Blizzard hater, and I've never before suggested that Blizzard were on the verge of... well, not dying but certainly losing most if its seniors and becoming a completely different studio underneath.

But this time they are.

The amount of years aren't really relevant when they're choosing the same career working for the same people but a different brand. And it is all happening within a year or so, but there's some non-compete clauses messing with the timeline. Don't be fooled - it's happening very fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is surprising, because what it implies is that all these people have not changed their vision or loyalties or their plans for the future. They want to be working for the same guy in the same location doing the same kind of work for the same audience. And yet they left.
    They left to start their own companies and took deals for funding with another company. That is inherently changing vision and loyalties from Blizzard and their plans for the future. They are not working for the same guy because they are not internal studios but simply partners. The same kind of audience? Yep, gamers. Weird right? That game developers want to create things for gamers to play.

The goal for Dreamhaven was stated to be more like kickstarter then a traditional publisher.

They are changing their loyalty away from Blizzard and toward the people who ran Blizzard.

Don't get people and companies mixed up!

And I'm being far more specific with regard to audience. You've got a small games studio, an RTS studio, a AAA RPG studio, and several more, and it looks like they're going to be doing a lot of fantasy and science fantasy, just like they did at Blizzard.

It's the same thing with a new company.