Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    site seems to be full of antivaxers, so ofc very little logic to find around here
    You Know I never considered myself an anti-vaxer. I just take care of myself the best way I know how. Do I live perfectly ? No. But I try to eat good, get regular exercise, etc. I have a pretty good immune system I usually don't get ill. When I do it usually just lasts a few days. What I am though is against anyone telling me what I should be injecting into my body. Be it flu, covid, etc. If I feel a vaccine is necessary for me then I will be the one to decide weather or not to take it. I think this should be true for everyone.

Convenient excuse. No blizzcon because bean counters don't want one. fuck off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    well bfa brought the coffin in the yard and shadowlands supplied the nails. there wont be a new wow expansion to announce. the future of wow is wotlk classic and thats probably it because during cataclysm the cool wow community started to really shit on the game even more than during wotlk.

-diablo 3 and immortal made everyone not care about that franchise anymore
    -overwatch 2 is literally just full priced patch for overwatch
    -heroes was dead on arrival
    -sc2 is died somewhere 2015/16 or so
    -hearthstone i cant even take serious and is a mystery to me what kind of people 'play' this 'game'

unless theyre working on something new and big thats not ready to show they would just earn even more booing at a blizzcon. and they probably saw how much cheaper streaming recorded videos during blizzconline was than renting a convention building and even make a buck by selling 'virtual tickets' for a fucking stream.
    This. 100% this ^

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    If I feel a vaccine is necessary for me then I will be the one to decide weather or not to take it. I think this should be true for everyone.
    it absolutely shouldnt, your feelings should not be more important than public health, your opinion should not have the same weight as scientific data and experience of thousands of doctors, if you want to use benefits of society you have to also accept conditions, most important of them - dont cause harm or endanger other people (if avoidable)
    now if you want to go live in woods and avoid human interactions for the rest of your life, then it would be your choice, but until then you dont only have rights, you also have responsibilities, those two things are dependant, if you want one you cant ignore the other

couple years back, there was series of measles outbreak in few countries, bcs parents didnt get the kids vaccinated, and there was more cases (and by extention more deaths and so on) in a year than in previous twenty or thirty...
    hundreds of children died, thousands end up with permanent health issues, some even vaccinated, but that wont help you if you are ONLY vaccinated kid around...
    all bcs some parents spent 5m on google and though they "know whats best for their children"... so no, they didnt, and unless you actualy are doctor (of medicine, ofc), you dont know whats best for you either in this situation and should not have the right to make a choice that affects a lot more people than just you...

it absolutely shouldnt, your feelings should not be more important than public health, your opinion should not have the same weight as scientific data and experience of thousands of doctors, if you want to use benefits of society you have to also accept conditions, most important of them - dont cause harm or endanger other people (if avoidable)
    now if you want to go live in woods and avoid human interactions for the rest of your life, then it would be your choice, but until then you dont only have rights, you also have responsibilities, those two things are dependant, if you want one you cant ignore the other

couple years back, there was series of measles outbreak in few countries, bcs parents didnt get the kids vaccinated, and there was more cases (and by extention more deaths and so on) in a year than in previous twenty or thirty...
    hundreds of children died, thousands end up with permanent health issues, some even vaccinated, but that wont help you if you are ONLY vaccinated kid around...
    all bcs some parents spent 5m on google and though they "know whats best for their children"... so no, they didnt, and unless you actualy are doctor (of medicine, ofc), you dont know whats best for you either in this situation and should not have the right to make a choice that affects a lot more people than just you...
    how many people died from said measles and in what countries? context matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yes, and reading up on it they set it up like a show event. Everyone has a seat, all the seats are stationed in pods with physical distancing in play, and people are generally seated for most of the event.

It's also housed in a stadium at 25% capacity, which is a very different setup from an open-floor convention where you're free to walk around anywhere and interface directly with demos on the live floor and stand in long lineups for hours at a time.

If you want an apt comparison, then talk about conventions, not stadium shows. This isn't an event where Blizzard simply has one stage and everyone is meant to be seated with physical distancing being maintained.

I'm not saying what they have to do, I'm illustrating that it's not worth having a convention if it's only aimed at the US audience. Blizzcon is absolutely international. I say this as a Canadian who has had our entire guild travel to attend the event. That being said, you've already illustrated the point - they could hold a US convention but here they are saying they opt not to. And it makes sense since half their live events involve foreigners. You can't say this about the NBA or Wrestlemania.

That's still different from having live floor demos where people get a chance to play a demo of a game, touching their keyboards and devices. That's one of the major reasons to attend a Blizzcon live event; to be able to try a game firsthand. Otherwise you could just watch the whole thing virtually. Meet and greets with the developers isn't really the selling point, and merch can more or less be bought online since they had the whole VIP access to the Blizzcon store.
    WWE did have interactive things. ANd I absolutely can say half of the live events involve foreginers with Wrestlemaina because they do everything Blizzard does. Wrestle maina relies heavy on internationals because internationals make up more than half of the usual attendance off all Wrestlemania related events.

Your argument is ridiculous.

It absolutely is worth having a convention even if foreigners aren't able to attend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meurik View Post
    They are gonna run another Blizzconline, only it will be in "early 2022" instead of November 2021, which is where a lot of the hissy-fitting is going on in this thread.

That and people demanding Blizzard risk their health by having an in-person Blizzcon "because the pandemic seems to be winding down", or "never existed in the first place". We just had a Blizzconline 3 months ago, it's not likely they'd have much to show at a physical Blizzcon 6 months from now, and since Blizzcon relies on an international attendance of visitors, they also can't count on people being able to leave their various countries due to the aforementioned ongoing pandemic.
    Who is demanding Blizzard have an event? I don't see one post here that is doing that.

ANdf you absolutely could have a reduced attendance event and don't have to rely on international attendance to get it. People need to stop with the "they rely on internationalls" stuff because the event doesn't require it.

No blizzcon means no "dont you have phones?" pr disaster. While not the sole reason it might pose a strong incentive to avoid inviting fans and keep it a pure dev stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    You Know I never considered myself an anti-vaxer. I just take care of myself the best way I know how. Do I live perfectly ? No. But I try to eat good, get regular exercise, etc. I have a pretty good immune system I usually don't get ill. When I do it usually just lasts a few days. What I am though is against anyone telling me what I should be injecting into my body. Be it flu, covid, etc. If I feel a vaccine is necessary for me then I will be the one to decide weather or not to take it. I think this should be true for everyone.
    Don't bother. He wants total control of your life and wants the ability to jab people what whatever poison he sees fit. He will dishonestly call you anti-vacc because you don't fall in line with his totalitarian viewpoint to look down on you.

That said, you are exactly right. Pro-individual choice does NOT = anti vacc. Don't let the extremists label you otherwise.

This is such bullshit! Viruses are a part of life, so is getting infected! How could the damn society survive until today if there were no vaccinations in the past?
    If you were scared to death, then stay home! But let other people live their lives in freedom.
    Damn virus hysteria!

And anyway, you do realize that this so-called vaccination is not a vaccination at all, because it does not protect against infection and transmission? The only thing it possibly does is that you don't get so sick. So this is not a damn vaccination but a medicine based on genetic engineering, a simple medicine, not an immunizing vaccination!
    An experimental and insufficiently tested substance and you are happy to be injected with it? Great! The propaganda machinery has done its job right!
    Last edited by jk1895; 2021-05-29 at 03:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    And anyway, you do realize that this so-called vaccination is not a vaccination at all, because it does not protect against infection and transmission? The only thing it possibly does is that you don't get so sick. So this is not a damn vaccination but a medicine based on genetic engineering, a simple medicine, not an immunizing vaccination!
    Lol. A vaccine that prevents you from getting sick but doesn't protect you against infection? You clearly don't understand anything about how vaccines or science work. Plenty of people didn't survive because of illness that could be prevent by vaccines. There is a reason why polio is eradicated from the Americas and kids are not having to live in Iron Lungs for the rest of the lives. It doesn't seem like you are the type but there is a very inspirational story of one such person who has needed an iron lung since 1952 when he was six years old. Paul Alexander.

Imagine telling people to stay home if they are scared while being afraid of a simple medicine as you call it. Weird how those who are afraid are all ways the ones to tell others they are afraid right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It absolutely is worth having a convention even if foreigners aren't able to attend.
    Blizzard disagrees, so really who are you to judge this?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    A vaccine that prevents you from getting sick but doesn't protect you against infection?
    No, you didn't understand me. You seem to be too much on the anti-anti-vaxer trip.
    My government says that the Corona "vaccines" do not protect against infecting yourself or others! These "vaccines" do not make you sterile. They can possibly only prevent you from becoming severely ill.
    You will never get rid of Sars-Cov-2 with these "vaccines".

Anyway, general knowledge and all, never in history a pandemic was ended with a vaccination. Educate yourself and stop making a fool of yourself.

I am not an opponent of vaccination. I am vaccinated myself. I just don't want to be injected with this experimental stuff, that's all.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, you didn't understand me. You seem to be too much on the anti-anti-vaxer trip. My government says that the Corona "vaccines" do not protect against infecting yourself or others! These "vaccines" do not make you sterile. They can possibly only prevent you from becoming severely ill. You will never get rid of Sars-Cov-2 with these "vaccines".
    Vaccines do not make you immune. They just reduce the chance. They do protect against transmission and severity. It is why all vaccines require large numbers to get them in order to be effective. Your government has lied to you or you didn't understand them. If you reduce the transmission rate of COVID-19 you also effectively eliminate it because it can not spread.

You are an opponent of vaccination because you keep using every fear mongering trick you can think of to be against the vaccine. Included out right lies and misuse of words.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You will never get rid of Sars-Cov-2 with these "vaccines".
    I don't think anyone ever claimed that we would get rid of it. The purpose is widespread prevention of transmission, which is what vaccination helps achieve. It makes the chances of infection much lower, making it safer overall. Just like wearing a mask does scientifically help prevent transmission, even if it's not 100% prevention or does not involve eradicating the disease itself.

I'm not sure why this is suddenly shifted to discussing vaccines getting rid of Sars-Cov-2 when no one really implied that.

Vaccines do not make you immune.
    Some do, your Corona "vaccines" don't. Because they do not immunize, there is now a very high risk of developing so called escape mutations. These could then actually become dangerous. We can grow our own killer virus!

Your government has lied to you or you didn't understand them.
    Yes, you are absolutely right! My government, like many others, lies every day! That's why I laughed so hard when they said that.

If you reduce the transmission rate of COVID-19 you also effectively eliminate it because it can not spread.
    Your mild flu remedy won't stop your pandemic. The effectiveness of your vaccines is a bad joke.
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...069-0/fulltext

You are an opponent of vaccination because you keep using every fear mongering trick you can think of to be against the vaccine. Included out right lies and misuse of words.
    I know myself better whether I am an opponent of vaccination or not! And I say I am not, I never was! But I could become one, if this madness continues.
    But you would prefer it so, because then you would have it easier. I would be a clearly defined enemy. But I am not your enemy.

Nor do I lie. I share what I have read.
    The difference between us is that I am willing to admit that I have fallen for charlatans (which I do not see at the moment!). Are you also ready, if it were so, to admit that you were wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

It makes the chances of infection much lower, making it safer overall.
    No, it doesn't. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...069-0/fulltext

Just like wearing a mask does scientifically help prevent transmission
    No, your fucking masks have no effect! Has already been disproved countless times. No, they even harm!
    It is a gesture of submission and a symbol of stupidity.
    Also, they want to show that there is supposedly a pandemic when every bozo wears this stupid mask.

No, your fucking masks have no effect! Has already been disproved countless times. No, they even harm!
    It is a gesture of submission and a symbol of stupidity.
    Also, they want to show that there is supposedly a pandemic when every bozo wears this stupid mask.
    Dude...
    At times in your post you sounded a bit grounded.

I think you lost all composure here and showed us...something incredibly...weird.

Lets just say that

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you are absolutely right! My government, like many others, lies every day! That's why I laughed so hard when they said that.
    So you know your government lied but still tried to use those lies here? Lol. Rarely do vaccines make you 100% immune to what it is designed for. They do however lower the chance of getting something. Break through cases can always happen though are rarer because of the protection a vaccine offers your immune system. Escape mutations are also a normal thing but are not considered a big risk with a full covid 19 vaccine (two doses or the one dose variant). You are taking anything negative you can think of and throwing it at the wall to see what sticks. Stop being afraid.

The vaccines currently offered are not "mild flu remedies". We also know they are effective in reducing transmission because of the effect they have had in the countries where there has been wide spread use of those vaccines. You said earlier you believe in vaccines yet here you are saying they don't work simply because you don't like it. You say you could become a opponent of vaccines if this madness continues while at the same time saying you are not an opponent while at the same time arguing against the COVID-19 vaccine any chance you get. You need to figure out yourself instead of trying to play every side. Don't be afraid of both what your view says and of the vaccine.

I am perfectly fine accepting I am wrong based on science. You are a person that says you haven't seen any charlatans while arguing that they exist (your government) and that vaccines are fake and won't work against COVID-19. You can't even get your own argument right lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Masks work. https://threader.app/thread/1279144399897866248 You are ignoring the science based out of fear and feel the need to insult anyone who isn't equally as afraid of a simple piece of cloth as you are.

Blizzard disagrees, so really who are you to judge this?
    This is when you know you lost the argument. You changae to something irrelvant to what was discussed. You claimed they could nto have the event without internationals. I have shown that you can. And by the wy, Blizzard never said they couldn't have the convention without internations. In fact, they prove me right where they even admitted they would have some in-person gatherings with the virtual convention. That shouldn't be possible because it doesn't include internationals.

- - - Updated - - -

Right. We know you don't care about facts but instead only care about pushing the conspiracies you think are real. You can always take the non-mRNA vaccine causes your objections to become moot. Yet you'll just create new ones for why those are also bad. Right? COVID-19 is not super deadly but it still has a higher death rate then other viruses and is contagious enough that it can cause unnecessary deaths. Like happened in India when a healthcare system was strained.
    This is rich. We have presented you with facts that show why some people might not want to take the vacciine, but you ignore them only only count those that fit your totalitarian, "Everyone must inject barely tested drugs I says so because the government and pharmaceutical companies tell you to despite their own admissions that there are growing concerns with them.

The only people giving into fear are those like yourself that misuse words to push your view point. If you are not afraid of the truth then there is no reason to try any way you can to twist it. Vaccines are not poison.
    Pot calling the kettle black. YOu have constantly misused are position to push your view point by claiming we are anti-vaccinations. We aren't. What we are is pro-individual choice. That means we are for each individual to decide for themselves if they want to inject themselves with a drug that was barely tested, no data on long term effects, and already has raised concerns about some serious side effects. I am not afraid of the truth because I look at ALL facts, not solely the facts that fit a narrative and disregard the others. Vaccines have already shown to have dangerous side effects, but you want to force it down everyone's throats anyways. Let people choose for themselves if it is right for them. You can be a puppet for big pharma and happily shove whatever drugs they tell you to down your throat. I am going to protect my body from things I am not 100% confident in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Pot calling the kettle black. YOu have constantly misused are position to push your view point by claiming we are anti-vaccinations.
    The person I replied to is clearly anti-vaccine and anti-mask. Why do you keep lumping yourself into a group that you keep saying you are not part of? Isn't that weird? That you are getting offended at something you say doesn't apply to you. This is part of your problem. You need to label and attack anyone who doesn't agree with you because you have no real point. So you seek other means to discredit.

There are rare side effects. There are also worse, or more common, side effects to getting COVID-19. You are use extremely rare side effects as if it proves the vaccine is dangerous. It doesn't. It just shows there are side effect which there are for most medicine. Even things like Tylenol or Ibuprofen can have side effects in some people. Yet they are common and not feared by many.

You are afraid of the truth because you keep using silly reasons and arguments to deny something. The vaccines are not barely test. They had trials and now have real world usage. I am not a puppet for big pharma just because I believe in the science of the vaccines. Using things like that shows it is about fear, rather then truth, because you allude to some grand conspiracy in "big pharma". You'd object even if it is was "little pharma" creating the vaccines. You can protect your body how you see fit. I've told you that before. The problem is not that you want to protect your body but how you keep crying and whining about it. Calling anyone who doesn't believe as you wanting a nanny totalitarian state.

It also means that you'll be 100% fine with having your actions limited if you don't take a vaccine. Right? Because your choice also means others have a choice to deny you services. But I somehow doubt you would be okay with that given how much you've cried about your rights and ignored how laws and stuff already exist to restrict and force behaviors.

@rrayy

I admit at some point i got extremely pissed when they said on TV NON STOP, everyday (about the possible side effects of AstraZeneca vaccine and those few deaths)

"The benefits outweigh the risks so is better you still take the AstraZeneca vaccine"

I got completely mad about it.
    You are in your right to not take it IMO

But

I wont tolerate anyone saying "wearing a mask is a symbol of stupidity and submission and they can even harm you"
    Now that...just stop.

So you know your government lied but still tried to use those lies here? Lol.
    You must have noticed that English is not my native language.
    If I seem to contradict myself, it is due to this fact. I always say the same thing. My position does not change. But it could also be that you just want to misunderstand me.

Rarely do vaccines make you 100% immune to what it is designed for.
    You are totally lost here. You should read up on it again.

Masks work.
    It is so sad. You really trust these corrupt studies? They were most certainly commissioned by incompetent governments. They are worthless! They just want to justify their mask bullshit. If you had not completely lost your mind because of your fear, you would have noticed yourself that masks do not reduce the infection numbers!

the science
    You keep saying the science, the science. Well, I am also in favor of science. You say you trust science. I can give you 46 studies that prove masks are worthless. Interested? Certainly not, because that's how science works for you. Only in one direction, that of the government. But that's not how science works, the most important thing is discourse. This is suppressed by the governments.

and need to be put on a solitary island, surrounded by impenetrable walls, which are eventually filled by rainwater drowning the whole lot of you...
    Are you a fascist or a communist? Now I see what kind of people I'm dealing with.

Because masks are NOT harmful in the slightest.
    You want a simple example of why they are devastating to some people? Have you egoist ever thought about deaf people? How do you think they are doing with all this mask madness? Reading lips is essential for them! So... FU!
    Last edited by jk1895; 2021-05-29 at 08:26 PM.