Is cooking a must when going skinning/leatherworking?

When you kill beasts for skinning, you get lots of meat and food material, can you turn this food into something useful with cooking? If the answer is yes then I suppose it's a must to have cooking when you farm beasts?

Cooking is a must for everyone. There's zero downside to cooking except the few gold it takes to level it one time every 2 years.

No it isn't a must. That suggests it's mandatory. Cooking is pretty useful for anyone and definetly helps in all content. But it's still not mandatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

What I mean is that, will it increase the gold gains for someone who is farming with skinning only?

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    What I mean is that, will it increase the gold gains for someone who is farming with skinning only?
    It's probably easier to just unload all cooking mats on the auction house. You can cook them and sell the food, but cooking takes time. It's a plus to gold either way, but I don't think cooking yourself is that much more of a plus to justify the time spent.

Man, i really miss bear tartare before it got nerfed. Was hoping for something new

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Man, i really miss bear tartare before it got nerfed. Was hoping for something new
    There is? Fried Bonefish is the new Bear Tartare
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    haven't subbed for a while so i checked. Thanks

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    No it isn't a must. That suggests it's mandatory. Cooking is pretty useful for anyone and definetly helps in all content

AH'ing food has been one of my primary money makers along with flasks and potions (Consumables), as well as Runes (buy cheap and flip).

I always sell on raid nights (Wed/Fri/Sun) coming out with 80k on average per AH'ing.

All secondary professions are completely optional. You can buy food off the AH and will probably make more money selling the mats, although meat is very cheap this expansion.

Cooking is a secondary profession, there's no loss from grabbing it. It is not a must since you can buy most food stuff from the AH.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idk about your realm, but on Tarren Mill EU cooking mats sell for more than the cooked food.
    So if you plan on cooking the meat for profit, you'll end up with less than if you would have just sold the meat.
    I 3d print stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    How am I only learning about this now? Thanks!

Been missing out on a lot lately. Will figure out the way to keep in touch with all these.