Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Im up for it. They were here for a long time before we pushed them south, and occasionally we do still have jaguar incursions in the very south of Texas. We already have mountain lions so I find the "big predators scary" to be whiny hogwash. Big predators are already here.

Also, we already do essential;ly have free reign to hunt hogs at will. It hasnt made a difference cause they breed so rapidly, and mass poisoning would be horrible for local native wildlife.
    I've heard that in parts of South and Central America, jaguars even prefer hunting feral hogs to their native prey, since they're a lot more clumsy with where they scavenge compared to native big animals, so they're put into more extra contact with jaguars than other animals like peccaries are.

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioMoroder View Post
    I've heard that in parts of South and Central America, jaguars even prefer hunting feral hogs to their native prey, since they're a lot more clumsy with where they scavenge compared to native big animals, so they're put into more extra contact with jaguars than other animals like peccaries are.
    It is because they are delicious, obviously

Feral pigs are pretty dangerous animals.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I'd rather run into a jaguar than a wild hog TBH. The former is a predator with basically no interest in me that'll just give humans a berth like basically any large cat does. The latter is an ill-tempered nuisance that will charge for little if any reason. People need to stop assuming carnivore/predator = aggressive and prey/herbivores = passive, that's not how nature works.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'd rather run into a jaguar than a wild hog TBH. The former is a predator with basically no interest in me that'll just give humans a berth like basically any large cat does. The latter is an ill-tempered nuisance that will charge for little if any reason. People need to stop assuming carnivore/predator = aggressive and prey/herbivores = passive, that's not how nature works.
    Yeah, wild boars can be more dangerous than bears because of their confrontational nature. I've been told stories of them chasing people up trees and then trying to uproot the trees. They're extremely dangerous, even to the predators that can hunt them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Hippo's alone basically prove your entire point.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Never step between a Hippo and water. African Buffalo is also responsible for more yearly deaths than any big cat in Africa.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Indeed, they kill more people per year than any other large animal bar crocodiles. Big cats are hardly even a competition save the African lion IIRC.

Anyway, large predators are far from humanity's biggest killers. if we bar other humans, that would be mosquitoes and other insects transmitting diseases, then venomous snakes, then dogs, mostly due to rabies.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I support arming the US southern border with man-eating attack cats, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Im up for it. They were here for a long time before we pushed them south, and occasionally we do still have jaguar incursions in the very south of Texas. We already have mountain lions so I find the "big predators scary" to be whiny hogwash. Big predators are already here.

Also, we already do essential;ly have free reign to hunt hogs at will. It hasnt made a difference cause they breed so rapidly, and mass poisoning would be horrible for local native wildlife.
    Shame I'm not there... free pork I would hunt till I physically got so fat off pork I couldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think its going to do jaguars much good being placed so near to people, considering how shitty people can be.
    /s