View Poll Results: Are you still enjoying Castle Nathria?

Voters
23. This poll is closed
  • Yes

3 13.04%
  • No

20 86.96%

Thread: Castle Nathria

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Castle Nathria

I'm curious, are people still enjoying this raid? It sure has been out a while.

Are you excited each week to raid it? Are you okay with it being the only raid content for this many months?

I'm enjoying the hype of reclears with mates, but the raid itself is a 4/10 at best, & that value only goes down on farms given the amount of stop/start mechanics in the raid.

Am I glad it's the only raid content for this long? Absolutely not, but it is what it is. Hopefully the 9.1 raid ups the quality a little bit.

Aotc felt longer to get than previous expansions, especially for an entry level raid. There was a lot of burnout in my guild with heroic sire that led to us barely being able to get into Mythic (5/10) before we just lost too many people.

And this was a few months ago so I can't imagine it for any guilds STILL trying to get through Nathria.

The raid itself is fine. It has been out for nearly 6 months - naturally people want something new. This isn't unique to Castle Nathria. Yes, we all know that 9.1 is behind schedule.

We got AOTC some time ago, not sure exactly when, early march though. We do not care to try Mythic.

We raided 2-3 more nights after and then...No one logs in. Our guild is almost exclusively the raid team and alts and at any given time there is 1 to 2 people on. It's rare for 3 people.

I was fine with CN to start, but no way I want to go back through. I'm actually moving over to TBC because I just can't be bothered anymore...

god no. To many long fights and overly complicated bosses. i do not know why blizzard have a boner for 8-10 minute fights.

It's...fine. I'm enjoying progress, but as a Demo main Denathrius hurts my soul. It's like they explicitly designed the fight to expose every problem the spec has currently. It's the only fight I've had to switch specs for. It's not fantastic, but it's good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally only raid with my guild and only raid to have a good time with guild members so in that aspect, yes.

But over all, like all things, it gets old the more you do it. Raid-wise, it's fine. I liked it. The trash between Inerva and Sun King is fucking tedious though. But otherwise, it's a good raid. It's just old.
    Putin khuliyo

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's notably better than previous 'entry' raids seen the last few expansions. The best since Highmaul easily. But like uldir before it, it loses points because its last bosses are overtuned nonsense that punishes groups who lack specific classes and comps, and were riddled with bugs for several weeks (some are still outstanding). And it loses more points for simply being the only available raid content for this long - entry raids tend to lack that level of replayability, and this is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    now that mythic SLG is dead, yes, back to enjoying it.

the first 6 are fine: shriek is good, huntsman is fine, hungering is cool, i LOVE inerva, sun king is fun, artificer is a mess that i enjoy.
    council is a great flavor fight-except on mythic. on mythic, this is where the instance loses its sheen. the mythic council fight is similar to SLG in that it's 8 minute wipes before you start progressing past a certain point-really un fun fight design prone to dps falling asleep.
    sludge rocks. my favorite patchwerk boss to date.
    slg: i thought people overhyped how bad it was. they didn't. my guild had 350 wipes on orgozoa over 4 months, which was my previous worst boss to progress in wow history. this was worse. the fight is plain awful on mythic, with multiple damage holds, bugs, and just bad mechanics that are supremely punishing making it horrifically un fun.
    donny's cool so far, we're into p2. i loved him on heroic, he's somewhere in the upper half of end-tier boss rankings for sure. so the raid is cool overall, but slg and council mythic drag it down a lot-it's just not possible to overlook the 2nd to last boss in rating it. the environment is awesome and the theme is really strong.
    the last thing i'll give castle for sure is that we as a community have been comparing it to *patch raids* which is unreal for a launch raid. typically launch raids are their own average/bad type of instance, unless you're blackrock foundry/nighthold. for example, folks typically didn't care for rehash naxx, bwd, vaults/heart/toes, highmaul, EN, and uldir. i'd say those instances were all very fine. castle is being compared to patch raids for its quality-for a launch raid, that's very good, and i cannot believe how good sanctum looks. so i'd say that even though two of the mythic fights are absolute dicks, the instance shows a heightened design of raiding, a level up from bfa's incredibly mediocre raids except for bod. castle just runs circles around uldir, EN, highmaul, vaults/heart, and rehash naxx.
    My guild just killed Sludgefist after 130 pulls, officers are debating on torturing us with SLG.
    Nooooooooooope.
    OT:
    I rather enjoyed this raid on Heroic, Sire was a real challenge before the nerfs and felt like a proper end boss.
    Mythic is just, not fun. Shriek isn't even a boss, Huntsman is okay, Hungering is decent, Kael is derpy, Inerva is intense sub 30% and Xymox can suck a fat one. Council is the first time since Nzoth I honestly considered quitting a raid tier, such long wipes
    Sludge was fun, even after 100+ pulls we could crack jokes in comms. On Council, after 10 wipes there were no jokes, only angst.

it has more complicated bosses than you'd expect for it being the entry raid of the expansion.

i don't think it's going to go down in memory lane as a memorable raid. doubt denatrius is going to make any top 10 last bosses list either.

The OP asks if I am still enjoying nathria after this long and the answer is no. However, I think it was a strong raid instance. Cool atmosphere, decent enough bosses, interesting layout, and heroic denathrius was actually a real fight although I could do without the tiny adds in the first phase.
    For sure had to be the best .0 raid we've had since MoP or TBC.
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    It's notably better than previous 'entry' raids seen the last few expansions. The best since Highmaul easily. But like uldir before it, it loses points because its last bosses are overtuned nonsense that punishes groups who lack specific classes and comps, and were riddled with bugs for several weeks (some are still outstanding). And it loses more points for simply being the only available raid content for this long - entry raids tend to lack that level of replayability, and this is no different.
    Hard disagree. Emerald Nightmare is looked back on negatively by some because Xavius Mythic was an undertuned joke, but I'd take it over Nathria 100% of the time.

But like you said, the biggest issue with Nathria is that, by this time in Legion, we'd had EN/ToV/Nighthold & were waiting for ToS. Nathria has just gone on way too damn long.

Yep, CN is my favorite first raid of an expansion except Karazhan from TBC. I am mostly basing it on theme and aestethics, as it gets me in the mood(or not). Last raid that gave me this joy was BoD in BfA, where the music made it exciting. I am kinda done on my main until 9.1, but doing it on hunter or mage atm.

Not looking forward to the SoD theme, but we will fight Sylvanas and Mr KT, and do a safety dance so who gives a fuck.

Its alright. Can blast it in an evening and then forget about the game for the next 6.

Another creatively bankrupt raid that prioritizes making different specs feel good at different times rather than something that's unique or memorable. They don't seem to have a problem using the same mechanics over and over again as long as one class is better at it than others.

Most of the CN bosses just don't have a soul, with SLG and Hungering Destroyer as the biggest offenders. It's like they were created by an algorithm that builds bosses. Then I look back to a masterpiece like Throne of Thunder where even the meme bosses did something unique.

The amount of "no" lmao, i think its normal to get tired of a tier, plus theres PTR so some people (at least my case) look forward more to PTR test than another lame weekly farm of mythic, gold is the only good thing out of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    We got AOTC some time ago, not sure exactly when, early march though. We do not care to try Mythic.

We raided 2-3 more nights after and then...No one logs in. Our guild is almost exclusively the raid team and alts and at any given time there is 1 to 2 people on. It's rare for 3 people.

I was fine with CN to start, but no way I want to go back through. I'm actually moving over to TBC because I just can't be bothered anymore...
    That seems more like an issue with the guild, than CN.

CN is a good raid, but it is definitely not a "first raid tier" level raid; it's like if Legion opened with Tomb of Sargeras. I really dislike bosses where phase 1 and 2 can be breezed through but phase 3 becomes a shitshow where a single mis-step can wipe the raid (Hello Denathrius). That's fine for mythic, but in heroic where you have a mix of green and blue parses and a few purples, that kinda sucks.