WoW Token price trend?

Was just wondering, what's the general price trend of WoW tokens? As in, is there a generally known time when its best to buy?

Just wondering, because the price has been slowly going up from 130k to now 160k over the past few months. Obviously I'm just trying to get the best deal.

https://wowtokenprices.com/

Based on the historical data, the price bottoms out approximately one month after an expansion hits. Then it steadily increases throughout the expansion. Rinse and repeat.

Agree with dayton, alot of people want extra gold going into an expansion so sell a bunch.

Blizz adding those limits to being able to purchase game time with Blizz balance really caused the token prices to shoot up. And they are likely to shoot up even more once the next patch starts to hit and players return in mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Blizz adding those limits to being able to purchase game time with Blizz balance really caused the token prices to shoot up. And they are likely to shoot up even more once the next patch starts to hit and players return in mass.
    Wouldn't they start to fall when more players are returning? At least a bit?

When people quit the price goes up or when something to buy with tokens is announced. TBC, and Transmorph Beacon as examples.

I think in the current climate the cause is both.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    On EU (I guess trend is same in NA, just with lower gold price) there was huge token drop in BfA, especially around launch (on EU to 150-160 if I remember correctly).

Imo it was combination of two things: Brutosaur (shit ton of people buying multiple tokens to get 5M gold - which make hilarious people like Asmon get excited over dino, but spiting on store mounts) and no more easy gold from mission table.

In SL gold is easier to get for players with some knowledge (many don't know this, but now EVERY daily emissary is gold one, it's just hidden behind junk items; second thing is BoE, experienced player can get reach very quickly), now they spend their gold to buy stuff like TBC clone, boost or just game time.

Of course token won't stay like that forever, probably EU price will stabilize around 200k in few months.

The more players are around, the lower the price goes. Launch will always be lowest point, patch drops 2nd lowest. Dry spills in content, like right now, we see excessive price rise.

If you are playing via tokens, I would buy 1 at a time right now, and bulk buy enough to last till the next xpac at patch launch, then at the xpac, bulk buy enough to last throughout that entire xpac. Assuming you have the gold.

Price is the lowest when ppl are doing proogression raids.. I suspect Wowtoken to gold economy is mostly fueled by hardcore that empties out all the AH's flask and rune and buying whatever BOE upgrade they can find

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Wouldn't they start to fall when more players are returning? At least a bit?
    that's actually not true. the wow token (according to blizz so take this with a massive grain of salt) operates off supply and demand. i'll leave a tldr version at the end if this gets too complicated. so supply and demand changes based on those two factors. if supply is high and demand is high, then the price of an item should stay relatively the same. if supply is high and demand is low, the price should fall so that more people will buy it on a whim. if supply is low and demand is high, the price should rise as to slow demand but also take advantage of the high demand. if supply is low and demand is low, the price should stay relatively the same. so if the price is rising, then there are a lot less people supplying tokens to the market or there are a lot more people buying tokens but the same amount supplying tokens. seeing as subs have always dropped off shortly after an expac launches (starting with wod), it's incredibly unlikely that the demand went up.

demand > supply = rise in price
    demand < supply = drop in price
    demand = supply = price should relatively stay the same

There are sites out there that monitor historically what the prices were at which point in every region, such as these:
    https://wowanalytica.com/wowtokenprices
    https://www.wowmeta.com/token-price
    https://wowtokenprices.com/ (currently down but that's the one I remember using)

It would be the best course of action to visit those to get raw data instead of people's guesses and flawed memories. It is based on supply/demand as said above, so whenever there's a thing in the real money shop more people will want to buy them with in-game gold and probably drive the price up (such as now - for the tbc stuff) and when there's pricy stuff in the game to get like Brutosaur, or anything else, people who buy tokens for real money and sell for gold will drive the price down.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Semihagez View Post
    Price is the lowest when ppl are doing proogression raids.. I suspect Wowtoken to gold economy is mostly fueled by hardcore that empties out all the AH's flask and rune and buying whatever BOE upgrade they can find
    The world first guys just borrow gold from boosting communities, or by selling boosts themselves. They don't need to worry about wow tokens