Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Relevant means player power. Relevant to progression.

Artifact power, chance at item lvl upgrade through titanforging. Good times.
    Thank you for your unbiased and unchallengable definition of what relevant means to a player base of millions. We certainly could not have possibly had our own views and thoughts as to what it meant without your verdict. /s btw
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    Was doing kyrian callings for path of ascension, and realized its much more of a chore then it needs to be. The low reward count is one thing (3-5 attempts per calling? Come on blizz), but what really made it sour was how boring world quests are.

Content that's meant to be infinitely repeatable should at least be a tiny bit challenging so you won't feel total boredom.
    Something along timeless isle, or low torghast layers, just so you actually need to play and mobs don't fall over on themselves would make the outdoors much more compelling.

Thoughts?
    MMO's are based on the RPG model. More danger = Greater reward. If they upped the danger, they would have to up the reward and they don't want to do that.

I always thought it would be great if you could chose the difficulty of the quest (and up the reward if you wanted to).

Many games have a system like that already (and have for many years). I am excited about Dark Alliance, partially because it has a system like that.

Do you up the reward and challenge and risk failing (and wasting your time) or do you go for the easy reward, which is only a slight upgrade? It adds an interesting player choice to the quest.

Blizz will never do it though. They don't want to risk you gearing up too fast. They would rather have everything be an endless slog, then wonder why players complain a lot and leave for other games (FF XIV). No one ever told Blizz that players play the game to have fun, not just endlessly slog through chores for slight upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    The low reward count is one thing (3-5 attempts per calling? Come on blizz)
    Content that's meant to be infinitely repeatable should at least be a tiny bit challenging so you won't feel total boredom.
    Thoughts?
    At the very least the reward would have to go up too, there's no way on Thrall's green Azeroth I would agree to more danger (which is generally less danger and more tedious damage sponge mobs) for the same reward
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Callings aren't the only source. You get them from chests that are active during the callings, rares, and anima conductor rares/treasures. I switched from kyrian to night fae 2 months in and had several hundred path entrance tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

"Stop forcing us to do world content we don't like!"
    "Ok, world content will just have cosmetics!"
    "Why is world content so worthless?!"
    The cosmetics are just reskins of what you get from completing the campaign. Of course no one is going to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I always thought it would be great if you could chose the difficulty of the quest (and up the reward if you wanted to).
    That'd be cool but how would it work? Timer?
    "Adventurer, go collect 10 bear asses...and if you do it quickly I'll throw in some extra gold"

They wouldn't be able to spawn new stronger mobs, I mean they can but if I'm doing ezmoad quest and you're doing hard mode will we see each other? More phasing = less people in the world = world is dead argument?

I guess abilities could unlock, like say level 10 evil farmer has melee attack and if you do hardmode he can also cast frostbolt
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Thank you for your unbiased and unchallengable definition of what relevant means to a player base of millions. We certainly could not have possibly had our own views and thoughts as to what it meant without your verdict. /s btw
    Glad to have helped.