View Poll Results: Do you think there will be 9.3 patch?

Voters
379. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    156 41.16%
  • No

    223 58.84%
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Why is this reminding me of “no 8.3”

    Oh right

    Same circular arguments
    Same doomsaying
    Same “evidence”
    Same ignoring everything that goes against the points

    Honestly all we are missing is the goalposts getting shifted after the 9.2 announcement at blizzconline

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    OK so do you believe that the company is not going to shorten the end of expansion gap by capitalizing on the delays or do you believe that we are going to have a 10 to 12 month gap as is normal for the end of expansion because it is very important figure out what mindset you’re using so I can see if you’re agreeing with me on purpose or not
    How can I be agreeing with you when I've been using different dates then you? Like I said you needed to think your math through a little longer because you had calculations that didn't add up. At no point would patch 9.2 in January mean a 12month gap of content for 10.0. WoW expansions have not typically had a 12 month gap of content. Even Shadowlands that was delayed didn't have a full 12 months.

    You can't talk about typical release time frames while also picking your own definition for those time frames.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Why is this reminding me of “no 8.3”

    Oh right

    Same circular arguments
    Same doomsaying
    Same “evidence”
    Same ignoring everything that goes against the points

    Honestly all we are missing is the goalposts getting shifted after the 9.2 announcement at blizzconline
    Yeah well, the game's dying for real this time because I asked two people in my guild and they said yep. You can't argue with concrete evidence like that.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ For a good time, try to differentiate a majority of serious posts here from posts on /r/wowcirclejerk ]

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Why is this reminding me of “no 8.3”

    Oh right

    Same circular arguments
    Same doomsaying
    Same “evidence”
    Same ignoring everything that goes against the points

    Honestly all we are missing is the goalposts getting shifted after the 9.2 announcement at blizzconline
    Literally when/which topics here even had that. As a smidge of evidence we were going to have it, was the existence of TFing still being in the game but blizz dev’s early in 8.0 (brought up by T&E), saying they were trying to come up with something to replace gear quality rng (aka titanforging). Which we all know they were referring to corruption.

    Also I am pretty sure most expansion announcements have been made well over a year before release. So if blizz was going to ditch us, in Naz/mechagon hell they would said something back in 2018 or 2019. They didn’t and even then, Ion did a patch demonstration back around October 2019 talking about 8.3.

    I will say though that the wait in 8.1 before BoD (6 weeks) was really pointless. And we likely would have been better off with the “by September 2018” launch date they started with for bfa, before pushing it up to August 13/14, 2018.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How can I be agreeing with you when I've been using different dates then you? Like I said you needed to think your math through a little longer because you had calculations that didn't add up. At no point would patch 9.2 in January mean a 12month gap of content for 10.0. WoW expansions have not typically had a 12 month gap of content. Even Shadowlands that was delayed didn't have a full 12 months.

    You can't talk about typical release time frames while also picking your own definition for those time frames.
    7.3 to 8.0
    6.2 to 7.0
    5.4 to 6.0

    Not including the BfA gap because Covid delays

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    I will say though that the wait in 8.1 before BoD (6 weeks) was really pointless. And we likely would have been better off with the “by September 2018” launch date they started with for bfa, before pushing it up to August 13/14, 2018.
    It was not "by September 2018", it was "by 21st September" which means Summer 2018. You have no evidence someone pushed BfA to August 13/14, imo more likely it was planned, but later Blizz refused to delay it (member that BfA exact date was announced reeealy early, something like 4 months before launch?). SL showed us that even month delay can fix ton of bugs.

    Also I disagree that "wait" in 8.1 was problem. First: what wait (for raid)? Uldir had just 3 months, extremely short for full raid. Second: I love weekly questlines leading into raid, slowly rising hype.

    Sadly just Nighthold, Argus and BoD had that - and only Nighthold was almost flawless (first big zone, then 9 chapters of weekly story questlines, only problem was lack of Gul'dan).

  7. #267
    Elemental Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    8,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    There will obviously be a 9.3, like there was a 8.3 and a 7.3.
    Did 7.0 or 8.0 last more than half a year? Yeah, I didn't think so.
    Current state of WoW lore:
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Who'd have known that the Domination guy whose aesthetics are 80% chains wasn't into freedom. Nobody could have seen this coming.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    7.3 to 8.0
    6.2 to 7.0
    5.4 to 6.0

    Not including the BfA gap because Covid delays
    You forgot 3.3 to 4.0

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Did 7.0 or 8.0 last more than half a year? Yeah, I didn't think so.
    That’s because of the delays caused by
    Fires
    Covid

    Did people manage to block out the part of 2020 where everything from tv to video games suffered multiple delays or are we living in a world where blizzard is suddenly so Uber quick in development that they can pump out a patch from 0% to launch over the course of ptr cycles

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It was not "by September 2018", it was "by 21st September" which means Summer 2018. You have no evidence someone pushed BfA to August 13/14, imo more likely it was planned, but later Blizz refused to delay it (member that BfA exact date was announced reeealy early, something like 4 months before launch?). SL showed us that even month delay can fix ton of bugs.

    Also I disagree that "wait" in 8.1 was problem. First: what wait (for raid)? Uldir had just 3 months, extremely short for full raid. Second: I love weekly questlines leading into raid, slowly rising hype.

    Sadly just Nighthold, Argus and BoD had that - and only Nighthold was almost flawless (first big zone, then 9 chapters of weekly story questlines, only problem was lack of Gul'dan).
    Uldir lasted for 20 weeks (5 months). And people’s feel for it really hinged on the dissatisfaction with the vehicles they used to engage in that content. One class ring for azerite and that was it.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Wow. Great defense of your claim. I'm surprised you didn't state you were a share holder again to give your words a perception of greater weight.

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    You forgot 3.3 to 4.0
    I figured I would let them forget that along with the dragon soul gap

  13. #273
    Elemental Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    8,730
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    That’s because of the delays caused by
    Fires
    Covid

    Did people manage to block out the part of 2020 where everything from tv to video games suffered multiple delays or are we living in a world where blizzard is suddenly so Uber quick in development that they can pump out a patch from 0% to launch over the course of ptr cycles
    Whatever you want, my dude, but the delay is here, and isn't going to magically go away just because the pandemic might recede during the second half of 2021.
    Current state of WoW lore:
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Who'd have known that the Domination guy whose aesthetics are 80% chains wasn't into freedom. Nobody could have seen this coming.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    7.3 to 8.0
    6.2 to 7.0
    5.4 to 6.0
    7.3 to BfA launch was 11 months. 6.2 to Legion launch was 14 months. 5.4 to WoD launch was 14 months. 3 of the 8 expansions have had a 12 month or greater content gap between last patch and launch. 7 of 8 expansions have been announced a year or great from release with 3 being 15 to 16 months in advance.

    The only reliable predictor for expansions is the fall window. As all but two have released between September and December. Expansions have lasted 21 to 27 months long. BfA was 27, TBC 26, with WotLK and Mists at 25. WoD was the shortest at 21 months.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-06-01 at 11:47 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    To be clear, this is just personal speculation.

    1. In terms of lore and content

    Sylvanas is the final boss of 9.1 raid. And there is no other known major villain that is worth another patch so far. It is logical to think 9.2 will possibly be SL last major patch with Jailer as final boss.

    Unless Blizzard pulls some big lore twists:
    - A reused Arthas/Uther/Garrosh or whatever for a content patch raid
    - It turns out Jailer is good and eternal ones are bad. And Arbiter will be 9.3 boss after Jailer in 9.2
    - With jailer defeated in 9.2, there will be a transition from shadowlands to azeroth or voidlords 9.3 contents patch, with non-SL raid.
    But those possibilities are extremely low.

    2. In terms of time

    No matter when 9.1 will be released (from June to Augest), it will last probably to January 2022. From previous experience with Legion and BFA, both 7.3 and 8.3 patch lasted nearly a year.

    If 9.2 is released in January 2022, and Blizzard still wants to keep 1 expansion every 2 years, which means 10.0 in late 2022, it is very unlikely that there will be a 9.3 patch.

    Pure speculation

    PS: “no 9.3” can be Blizzard’s best decision for SL, under the game’s current situation.

    Do you think there will be 9.3 patch?
    this is all assuming we get a new xpac next year. considering the fact that we arent having a blizzcon in november, i wouldnt be surprised if the next xpac wasnt until early 2023.

    also "the best decision for SL" assumes that next xpac will be noticibly different. we will still get an xpac full of borrowed power, raids, dungeons and side content. i wouldnt be surprised if we didnt get a new class again.

    people need to stop assuming that because things happened a certain way before, that they will always happen that way.

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    people need to stop assuming that because things happened a certain way before, that they will always happen that way.
    Yeah right. Pretty soon you'll be suggesting that something like a massive worldwide pandemic unlike anything our modern society has ever seen before is somehow impacting productivity goals for a company that up until this point was not accustomed to working entirely from home. Sorry dude, Blizzard is a multi dollar company. I just don't buy it.
    New BiS for 9.1!

    [ twitch ][ Retired Semi-retired as of 2018 ] [ The Official MMO-Champion Bingo Card. ] [ WoW's Community in 2021, illustrated ]
    [ That time I predicted the future...twice. ] [ For a good time, try to differentiate a majority of serious posts here from posts on /r/wowcirclejerk ]

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    this is all assuming we get a new xpac next year. considering the fact that we arent having a blizzcon in november, i wouldnt be surprised if the next xpac wasnt until early 2023.

    also "the best decision for SL" assumes that next xpac will be noticibly different. we will still get an xpac full of borrowed power, raids, dungeons and side content. i wouldnt be surprised if we didnt get a new class again.

    people need to stop assuming that because things happened a certain way before, that they will always happen that way.
    You are right. Nothing is sure atm. That's why it is a speculation.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    7.3 to BfA launch was 11 months. 6.2 to Legion launch was 14 months. 5.4 to WoD launch was 14 months. 3 of the 8 expansions have had a 12 month or greater content gap between last patch and launch. 7 of 8 expansions have been announced a year or great from release with 3 being 15 to 16 months in advance.

    The only reliable predictor for expansions is the fall window. As all but two have released between September and December. Expansions have lasted 21 to 27 months long. BfA was 27, TBC 26, with WotLK and Mists at 25. WoD was the shortest at 21 months.
    As I said
    The 9.3 to 10.0 gap could be 10-12/13 months
    You said no because that’s too big of a gap
    I showed examples of similar gaps

    You change to expansion announcements and expansion length which have nothing to do with the gap because
    1. 10.0 hasn’t been announced
    2. The length of this expansion hasn’t been determined
    Both 1&2 are also effected by the delays caused by the pandemic and fires

    So are you going to throw in more baseless speculation and present it as fact while ignoring the actual facts or can we agree that 9.3 can easily happen and 10.0 can have a year long gap if needed

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    As I said The 9.3 to 10.0 gap could be 10-12/13 months You said no because that’s too big of a gap I showed examples of similar gaps

    You didn't say 10-12/13 months. You said 10.0 in August of 2023. If it was only going to be 10 months then that means 9.3 would launch in October. That would mean 9.2 in January would be 9 months long. Which is why I said your math was off. Yes I was wrong about a last content patch being an entire year. It likely would be longer looking at the actual numbers so a 10.0 would be later then August. So either way your math was off.

    I didn't change to expansion announcements but included them simply factor into any patch dates. Because it is likely that Blizzconline would have the next expansion reveal. Or an in-person 2022 blizzcon in the fall would have it. You are throwing just as much baseless speculation into it and I haven't presented any speculation as fact. Lol. I never said that 9.3 can't happen. For a person that wants to go on facts over speculation you don't seem to care about facts yourself.

    All I said was your math was off. And yes I do think that if 9.3 happens we won't see a normal fall expansion release. But that they would shorten the remaining patches and have a late winter or early spring 2023 launch. Then the 11th expansion would go back to normal times. The fires have little to do with it since the expansion was already delayed prior to the fire and it didn't impact the new launch date.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-06-02 at 01:23 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Why is this reminding me of “no 8.3”

    Oh right

    Same circular arguments
    Same doomsaying
    Same “evidence”
    Same ignoring everything that goes against the points

    Honestly all we are missing is the goalposts getting shifted after the 9.2 announcement at blizzconline
    I guess we will know when they reveal it.

    But saying everything is the "same" is disingenuous. Covid changed everything. You cannot pretend it didn't happen or that we aren't seeing it's effects atm on the content release schedule. Surely you can see that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •