Poll: Do you think there will be 9.3 patch?

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well for them it would be best to wrap it up asap to wash away from fiasco and grab the box money. Or just slap some small sized patch, call it 9.3 and call it a day.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    they did... in case u missed it, check shadow rising writer, or the lovely assembly cast of writers of latest wow book, they are hired purely because they - ironic - fit the woke agenda
    i posted about it here but thread got closed instantly
    so yes they do hire their relatives regardless of talent (or lack off), how else u explain giving someone who has waifu pillow, position of lore director of his own waifu?
    in fact no idea about usa, but here it is quite common to hire ppl who are related to higher ups over qualifications, then again i'm in (3rd) WORST country on earth
    Ummm, you seem confused. What you’re describing is nepotism, which is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Ah yes, the fantasy that companies will suddenly start hiring completely unqualified individuals just to fill quotas
    This is NOT a fantasy, just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen (like a lot of things I'm sure you're against). As far as I'm aware you're not supposed to be told about it. I was told this, nearly verbatim from a manager in an IT department at a hospital 10 years ago.

He pulled me aside after my panel interview and said the following : "Hey so we think the interview went really well. You make a great fit with the team and you have what we are looking for but I can't offer you the job. I'm not supposed to tell you this and I could probably get in hot water but this isn't fair and I want you to know why you aren't being hired. I was told this morning to hire a female applicant with nearly zero experience plainly because she is the only female that applied and we have to fill a quota. To put it plainly, you have the wrong genitals. I'm sorry."

I find it funny that you'd call affirmative action fantasy though.

ofc this scandal literally obliterated the out of control ffxiv hype train.

Which i could not be happier about as i even re subbed to ffxiv a few days back to make sure i wasn't talking out of my ass and the power of the train even got me to re sub cause hey maybe it is all that and became awesome af, but my gawd, no contest, i would be reluctant to even use the term competition, it's as i remember horrible, in every way possible (to me anyway).

BUT f me right this is no doubt going to negatively effect production, they can't get shit out on time under normal circumstances.

This is the best thing to ever happen to wow.

It destroyed the ffxiv hype train completely, for me already i feel better not having to read that bs every other post.

Also, the environment at Blizz is going to vastly improve.

Think about it if they can pump out such high quality entertainment, the most polished high quality mmorpg in the market...

and have been doing this for 17 years under the most horrendous working conditions to ever exist.

Think about how much better it will be going forward.
    Last edited by xpsync; 2021-07-29 at 03:49 PM.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

9.3? Be glad if we even get a proper 9.2 in the next 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    I think you messed up the year there. 2022 would mean TBC Classic would be less than a year long. WoW Classic was about 21 months, btw.
    I did and I am sorry for that. It’s 2023, not 2022. So Q1/2 2023 is Wrath Classic territory which means there won’t be a retail expansion in any of the corresponding quarters.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-07-29 at 04:05 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    the debate is not if there'll be a 9.3 but if there'll be a 10.0 now
    classic will save them from the worst

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    9.3? Be glad if we even get a proper 9.2 in the next 12 months.
    if shadowlands is a 3 or 4 years expansion this sounds a bit compromised

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Getting 10.0 is way more likely than getting 9.3. Content patches like 9.3 generate zero cash whereas 10.0 will earn them hundreds of millions of dollars (remember, you have to sub for a new expansion too, so the they’re making money with the sub Argument doesn’t count). I know you meant this a bit sarcastic, but from every aspect 10.0 is more important than 9.3, not only for us players but for the developers and the company as well.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

After the current controversies I'm more inclined to agree that there will be some disruption to the patch cycle. I certainly wouldn't rule out 9.3 yet completely.

Classic is already dead. TBC died within 3-4 weeks after the launch and classic era is a deserted wasteland.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I imagine even a substantial zone like Korthia might feel a tad stale after the first two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Classic is already dead. TBC died within 3-4 weeks after the launch and classic era is a deserted wasteland.
    I didn't enjoy the original TBC so I passed on Classic. But you're right, my friends are hardly playing TBC anymore either. We did have a hoot with WoW Classic though, that was way better than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    ofc this scandal literally obliterated the out of control ffxiv hype train.

Which i could not be happier about as i even re subbed to ffxiv a few days back to make sure i wasn't talking out of my ass and the power of the train even got me to re sub cause hey maybe it is all that and became awesome af, but my gawd, no contest, i would be reluctant to even use the term competition, it's as i remember horrible, in every way possible (to me anyway).

BUT f me right this is no doubt going to negatively effect production, they can't get shit out on time under normal circumstances.

This is the best thing to ever happen to wow.

It destroyed the ffxiv hype train completely, for me already i feel better not having to read that bs every other post.

Also, the environment at Blizz is going to vastly improve.

Think about it if they can pump out such high quality entertainment, the most polished high quality mmorpg in the market...

and have been doing this for 17 years under the most horrendous working conditions to ever exist.

Think about how much better it will be going forward.
    What are you talking about? Alot of these cases go long back, not just the last two years. Most of these people are probably also gone from the company already. The content we have gotten from BfA & SL is what current wow team wants. Non of us should expect anything different from this wow team. They have a formula they think the players want, while the players obviously want something else. They said alot of things before SL, like there wouldnt be more systems introduced in SL after launch. What was in launch, was supposed to be all of the systems. What happend in the very first content patch? A new system.

I'll be really happy if Blizzard can clean up, get theyre act together and actually have a healthy and good workspace for everyone. Nothing would be better than that. At the same time, we cant expect any huge new direction in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    I imagine even a substantial zone like Korthia might feel a tad stale after the first two years.

I didn't enjoy the original TBC so I passed on Classic. But you're right, my friends are hardly playing TBC anymore either. We did have a hoot with WoW Classic though, that was way better than I expected.
    Tbh I had alot more fun with classic. BC ended for me after reaching max level. Did a few dungeons etc, but the interest quickly falled off. Same with all of my friends. All of them played classic ALOT and were hyped for BC, but they just got bored of BC. Dunno what it is, but I think less people enjoy BC than classic.

I really liked just running about in classic, leveling characters. Meeting other lower levels, helping them out. Now classic is 99% dead and theres no reason to log in there. Its sad :|

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    ^This X10!!! I could not agree more. When I read the statement of demands from the alleged employees, it became very clear that the problems alleged in the law suit had been high jacked by the woke agenda. If they had just stuck with asking for equal pay, equal opportunity for promotions and cleaned up the sexual harassment stuff that would of been fine, but they went overboard with their demands.
    Aah yes, people commiting suicide for being sexually harassed for years in a company is just a woke thing to do... you are an absolute idiot, you do realise that right?

And I'll know, you'll come with the "hurhur 4chan hurhur SJW" response,

- - - Updated - - -

We will 100% get a new xpac, thats a given. Even though they are in a huge mess now, a new xpac always generate alot of money and traction. Even if Blizzard launches a "bad" xpac, people buy it and sub for a few months. I cant see ActiBlizz just throwing wow in the garbagecan. They will clean, sort stuff up and focus on future content. I wouldnt be surprised if they just skip a 9.3 and double down on the next xpac. A xpac they for sure gotta deliver ALOT on to get people back.

At this point, I doubt a great 9.2 patch would be enough to get the masses back. A great new xpac would, themed around familiar villains and lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Aah yes, people commiting suicide for being sexually harassed for years in a company is just a woke thing to do... you are an absolute idiot, you do realise that right?

And I'll know, you'll come with the "hurhur 4chan hurhur SJW" response,
    YEah, this got nothing to do with woke. The stuff we have read about the inside of Blizzard is horrendous. No matter how the courtcase goes, Blizzard gotta get theyre shit together and make sure everyone has a good workplace.

10+ Year Old Account
    We will 100% get a new xpac, thats a given. Even though they are in a huge mess now, a new xpac always generate alot of money and traction. Even if Blizzard launches a "bad" xpac, people buy it and sub for a few months. I cant see ActiBlizz just throwing wow in the garbagecan. They will clean, sort stuff up and focus on future content. I wouldnt be surprised if they just skip a 9.3 and double down on the next xpac. A xpac they for sure gotta deliver ALOT on to get people back.

At this point, I doubt a great 9.2 patch would be enough to get the masses back. A great new xpac would, themed around familiar villains and lore.
    I'm not so sure. there is one point where the development cost is higher than the profits from the launch. if everyone boycotts wow it can go very fast. players just keep moving on with their life as they age and new generations are playing something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    After the current controversies I'm more inclined to agree that there will be some disruption to the patch cycle. I certainly wouldn't rule out 9.3 yet completely.

not true. there's over 350k players raiding and uploading logs regularly on tbc. more playing without uploading logs. and more again playing without raiding.
    classic era is deserted only because they don't connect the servers. so people are moving to private servers, where the game is not deserted. blizzard is acting stupidly in that regard

We will get a 9.2 AND a 9.3. The content is what is questionable.

Either 9.2 will be a weak daily grind area with a 2 boss raid OR rejiggered legacy raid, or 9.3 will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Getting 10.0 is way more likely than getting 9.3. Content patches like 9.3 generate zero cash whereas 10.0 will earn them hundreds of millions of dollars (remember, you have to sub for a new expansion too, so the they’re making money with the sub Argument doesn’t count). I know you meant this a bit sarcastic, but from every aspect 10.0 is more important than 9.3, not only for us players but for the developers and the company as well.
    maybe we'll have 10.0 and no 9.3 yes. but like I said above, at one point cost of dev > new expansion revenue, regardless of what that expansion is
    when we reach that point it's game over

Anything is better than working for Blizz

looking out of my lonely room day after day

I'm not so sure. there is one point where the development cost is higher than the profits from the launch. if everyone boycotts wow it can go very fast. players just keep moving on with their life as they age and new generations are playing something else.
    You are not wrong on that, but time moves on. If Blizzard unveil a bang on 10/10 xpac themed around familiar lore/villains sometime next year, people have already forgotten the shit thats been going on in 2021 and how mediocre SL is/was. The temptation to try it out, only for a month or two will be high.

People have been moving on ever since wow launched years ago, but many of them come back now and then to check things out. I remember when SWTOR, GW2, Rift, Wildstar and whatnot launched about 10 years ago. People were so sure wow was dead, and for months it more or less was. But people returned eventually.

The same thing will happen if Blizzard delivers in 10.0.

In any case - it would be silly not to work on and release a 10.0 xpac. They should atleast give it theyre very best and see how it goes. Atleast one time. We dont have to look long back in time to see how much money a wow xpac made, after a shit xpac previously(Like Legion after WoD, SL after BfA).

I really liked just running about in classic, leveling characters. Meeting other lower levels, helping them out. Now classic is 99% dead and theres no reason to log in there. Its sad :|
    That's the biggest tragedy. The main gameplay was the travelling. Even places you visited countless times were still enjoyable to walk through.

Somewhere along Legion, Blizzard got this new philosophy that every square inch of the game needs to be a point of interest, meticulously crafted, with its own history.

It's an admirable idea, but when it trades density for spatial quantity it robs the game of the very thing that gets people addicted.

Travelling is gameplay. Players moving from point A to B, even just sitting on gryphon offers that escapist thrill that people sign up for.

maybe we'll have 10.0 and no 9.3 yes. but like I said above, at one point cost of dev > new expansion revenue, regardless of what that expansion is
    when we reach that point it's game over
    But wow is still generating shitton of money on a quarterly and yearly basis. So far nothing suggest they aint making money. In fact, it makes them ALOT of money.

Even during BfA & SL, both xpacs considered bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    That's the biggest tragedy. The main gameplay was the travelling. Even places you visited countless times were still enjoyable to walk through.

Somewhere along Legion, Blizzard got this new philosophy that every square inch of the game needs to be a point of interest, meticulously crafted, with its own history.

It's an admirable idea, but when it trades density for spatial quantity it robs the game of the very thing that gets people addicted.

Travelling is gameplay. Players moving from point A to B, even just sitting on gryphon offers that escapist thrill that people sign up for.
    as someone who has played wow since launch, I still find myself engulfed and enchanted by the old world when leveling characters. I've run in each zone on so many characters, but I still like it.

Now again, its over.