Poll: Do you prefer the troll or the night elf civilizations?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Trolls, mon.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    Night Elves evolved from Dark Trolls that settled near the Well of Eternity. All Elf sub races spawned from the Night Elves and before them were Dark Trolls.
    I think you completely missed his point. them coming *FROM* Trolls, does not still make them Trolls. It would be like saying all Land-dwelling creatures on Earth came from some random Amphibians at some point. Thus WE are still just Amphibians and not separate Creatures known as Humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I think you completely missed his point. them coming *FROM* Trolls, does not still make them Trolls. It would be like saying all Land-dwelling creatures on Earth came from some random Amphibians at some point. Thus WE are still just Amphibians and not separate Creatures known as Humans.
    I know right, it's the most ridiculous logic ever. But perhaps they believe if they say stupid things enough times over and over again, it would make them true, or everyone would believe it. Only stupid people would believe it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I like them for different reasons. Nelves have that Ancient Mystical feel. Trolls have that Ancient Empire feel.
    Is that because the elves have no empire anymore, and the trolls in Zandalar at least do? Suramar is sort of the last vestige of the leves' empire, although 3 zones is much more than 1 city.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    pre-wow or post wow?
    pre-wow nelf, they were way more interesting
    post-wow: they exist just to show how amazing humans are, specially anime boy king teaching someone who fucking waited 10k years about patience
    so currently trolls, yeah they exist to be turned to a dungeon and/or raid every exp, but at least they do something beside sucking humans dicks
    Agree with all that.
    I'll just add that Trolls were more interesting when Blizzard wasn't afraid of having them do cannibalism and when even the zandalari made ritual sacrifices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Agree with all that.
    I'll just add that Trolls were more interesting when Blizzard wasn't afraid of having them do cannibalism and when even the zandalari made ritual sacrifices.
    they still do? Zandalari did ritual sacrifice in that crap of novel that preluded SL, and nothing mention trolls in general stopped cannibalism, also warcraft was clear from start that horde stopped Darkspear from even considering that
    But we have Murloc soup for alliance since years, doesn't that make normal to cannibalize anything? Or that word works only on ur own species? if a human eats a belf its cool since it wasn't his own race?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

If I was going for a visit (like a holiday), then I would rather go to Night Elves, however I bet the trolls would have better cuisine. I don't think you'd really want to find out what you're eating though! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy Tauren and Human/Gilnean more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

they still do? Zandalari did ritual sacrifice in that crap of novel that preluded SL, and nothing mention trolls in general stopped cannibalism, also warcraft was clear from start that horde stopped Darkspear from even considering that
    But we have Murloc soup for alliance since years, doesn't that make normal to cannibalize anything? Or that word works only on ur own species? if a human eats a belf its cool since it wasn't his own race?
    It works only if it's your own species.

So far in fantasy, eating other sentient species just makes you an apex predator. Not a cannibal.

I don't know for the Zandalari. The fact that they deem the bloodtrolls ritual sacrifices barbarous and old timey make it seems like they retconed what you're talking about in the novels.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    I don't know for the Zandalari. The fact that they deem the bloodtrolls ritual sacrifices barbarous and old timey make it seems like they retconed what you're talking about in the novels.
    Ritual sacrifice isn’t necessarily human sacrifice, or should I call it troll sacrifice ?

They can still do those animal ritual sacrifice as foul as they are and not sacrifice themselves for power.

My problem with trolls is all the nasty they do to get power. Yes it’s their culture. But that sort thing is really foul to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    If I was going for a visit (like a holiday), then I would rather go to Night Elves, however I bet the trolls would have better cuisine. I don't think you'd really want to find out what you're eating though! lol
    Trolls have better cuisine as long as you don't care what's in it, anyway. :P

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Perhaps in the past, they were strong enough to fight the Alliance and the Horde. But as they are today? You prefer the kaldorei in their current state? I thought most night elf fans were enraged...some insisted they quit their subscriptions because of the controversial treatment the night elves have received after Teldrassil (for example, Tyrande got her revenge, the Night Warrior ending, etc.)
    Sorry, error in the translation.
    They beat you in terms of "Lore".
    The kaldorei lost a lot of physical power. But they gained a variety of colors and characters (although of course in big events they are usually misspelled)
    The Horde basically lost everything. And the alliance was reduced to Anduin.
    If today we write a novel of only playable races it will be 50% Kaldorei. As much as they insist on writing only about Anduin.

Without going further. The only current council that we saw working is the Kaldorei council. The Horde and Aliana are more like monarchies.

I mean, not confusing the current lore is bullshit in every way. But I am Horde and I would never play Alliance. If you see me just talking about Kaldorei I know that they destroyed everything that involves being Horde for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Troll empires are far better and far more interesting being so much diverse.

Amani, gurubashi, drakkari and others

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Troll empires are far better and far more interesting being so much diverse.

Amani, gurubashi, drakkari and others
    Night elves have diversity galore.

Highborne, druids, Priestesses of the Moon, Moonguard, Sentinels, Wardens, Demon Hunters. Highborne and Druids are probably the two most detailed groups out there.

Not to mention you have shen’dralar, Nightborne, Farondis, Satyr, Naga - and by extension high elves, blood elves and void elves which are so big a sub group they feel more like the other half of the elves. Either half is more varied and has more detail
    Than the trolls.

Combining them together Trolls << Elves.

I know you hate elves and elf fan boys, and you could very well find trolls more interesting, but they are not more diverse/varied nor more detailed than elves

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Night elves have diversity galore.

Highborne, druids, Priestesses of the Moon, Moonguard, Sentinels, Wardens, Demon Hunters. Highborne and Druids are probably the two most detailed groups out there.

Not to mention you have shen’dralar, Nightborne, Farondis, Satyr, Naga - and by extension high elves, blood elves and void elves which are so big a sub group they feel more like the other half of the elves. Either half is more varied and has more detail
    Than the trolls.

Combining them together Trolls << Elves.

I know you hate elves and elf fan boys, and you could very well find trolls more interesting, but they are not more diverse/varied nor more detailed than elves
    if nelves aren't trolls then satyr/naga are not Nelves. Bloodelves/void elves aren't a subset of nelves. the first list are JOBS in the nelf society. so what you REALLY have is Shendralar, nightborne, and tree hippies.

3+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves in WC3 are strong while Night Elves in WoW are weaksauce and Horde punching bags
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    So because humans came from Vrykul or apes, does that mean they're vrykul or apes? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    This is like saying humans are still apes because we share a common ancestor with chimpanzees.
    Wait, 2 different people in this thread are not aware that humans in fact are apes?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The Hominidae, whose members are known as great apes or hominids, are a taxonomic family of primates that includes eight extant species in four genera: Pongo (the Bornean, Sumatran and Tapanuli orangutan); Gorilla (the eastern and western gorilla); Pan (the common chimpanzee and the bonobo); and Homo, of which only modern humans remain.

I like both very much,

But: I feel like the trolls are now way better fleshed out than anything the nightelves got. We see them much but in the end it is always... ruins. Done. The peak of trolls was zandalar. The nightelves don't even have a city anymore^^

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    if nelves aren't trolls then satyr/naga are not Nelves. Bloodelves/void elves aren't a subset of nelves. the first list are JOBS in the nelf society. so what you REALLY have is Shendralar, nightborne, and tree hippies.
    he isn't wrong, because Satyr are demonically altered nelves that can be reversed, and it is quite likely the aberration transformation of the old god power of night elves to naga can also be undone.

Think of them more as a fel enhancement and a void enhancement - rather than a full racial transformation. an elf can never revert back to a troll. When the night elves devolved during the exile, they ended up as high elves, not as trolls. So this is after been cut off from the Well of eternity and the magical connections.

Troll to Elf was always a full species change. Night elf to Satyr and night elf to naga are just magical transformations by powerful beings like the titan Sargeras and the old god, more powerful Elune can undo those likely because the base make up is still night elf. As such Naga/Satyr are more a mutation (an intentional one) rather than an evolution. High elf is a devolution, it is unclear whether a reconnection to the well of eternity will transform them back into night elves. Or at least we dont know.

Nightborne is much easier, nightwell changes can be reversed by the Arcan'dor, We haven't been shown a Nightborne fully return to night elf, but they're not far off at all, they're more like a slightly altered night elf.. i mean look at Elisande and Spellblade Aluriel, if it wasn't for the ears of most Nightborne pointing upwards, you'd view them as skinnier night elves. in fact, during the beta, all female Nightborne had night elven ears, and they just looked like an alternate night elf model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    Wait, 2 different people in this thread are not aware that humans in fact are apes?
    And all humans are animals and all humans are carbon based. just because our bodies share the same minerals and chemical compositions does not mean humans are apes. Taxonomical differences exist for a reason, and the terminology exists to differentiate them. you need to properly read and understand the material you are quoting and don't use it out of context to make a silly statement you very well know is not true in the context we are discussing.

There is a reason we don't call humans apes and we don't consider apes as humans despite how close to each other by our scale they are.. yet by another measure they are very far part, despite the similar dna make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    If you don't mind being called an ape, that's fine. I however do. This whole "ackchyually" thing is goddamn annoying.