Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    every other mirror just throw u at random spot, some 'next' to a random wq but A) wqs aren't daily and B) there are too many wqs that of course a mirror will be near a wq, that isn't a benefit, only 1 mirror actually leads to a wq, not 'near' it or anything similar
    Dominance Keep, The Banewood, Feeder's Thicket, Eternal Terrace, and Halls of Attonement are all near world quests. The only one of the mirror network that is not is Pridefall Hamlet. But it is a quick glider away. You also have the sanctum of mad and ember ward mirror connection. Between the mirrors, flight paths, and glider it is hardly a bad thing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

everything in wow is slowly made tedious so it takes longer even if its just seconds or in the case of revendreth many minutes. it adds up over the years. they deliberately make the game worse and less fun to play for the sake of /played. as if a wow sub is sold in minutes and not months

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Revendreth needed something like what we had in Legion that launched you into the air and let you move around, to make moving around the area easier.
    You mean it needs what it actually has

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I found Revendreth annoying for like a week, until I learned where everything was. Most of the points of interest are either very close to a flight path or within Goblin Glider Kit distance. Which, if you don't always have a stack of those in your bags, you're doing yourself a massive disservice.

But just from an aesthetics point of view, I'd rather spend my time literally anywhere but Maldraxxus. I hate how that zone looks with the burning passion of a thousand suns. I could have been sooooo much better if it was like...I don't know...an underground/massive cavern zone that looked more like the interior of the Seat of the Primus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I know all of this. There was a time, however, when I was pure and naive and I always took the wrong direction. Then I learned the names and I rarely get mistaken now. They are just so annoying even after all this time.
    Maybe open world games aren't for you if the idea of actually having to... I dunno, traverse the world to get your rewards is "so annoying."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The map is very good looking but indeed a pain to traverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    As an engineer (or just having gliders) Ravendreth is a blessing. you can glide almost everywhere...

While in bastion you have to take detour around the third of the zone just to get on a cliff you are looking at

And in maldraxus... I allways end up in toilet vomiting from that god awfull looking zone
    Agreed. Bastion is far worse than Revendreth as far as transportation. All the flight paths are along a row down the middle of the zone, leaving the edges without anything. There's also no carriages, bat statues, or useful cliffs to glider off.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Dominance Keep, The Banewood, Feeder's Thicket, Eternal Terrace, and Halls of Attonement are all near world quests. The only one of the mirror network that is not is Pridefall Hamlet. But it is a quick glider away. You also have the sanctum of mad and ember ward mirror connection. Between the mirrors, flight paths, and glider it is hardly a bad thing.
    And Pridefall is right where the Conductor dailies are, so there's still benefit to it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Thanks God. For a moment I was worried that only I thought this was obvious ...!

At point "B" I still write something like "Oops! You were wrong, go back ALL the map and take the elevator".
    My God... of course this is a merely illustrative image.
    In the forums of "DC comics" x "Marvel" I always came with my security guard and my lawyer ...! I think I'm going to have to be the same careful here. ahahaha
    so you've admitted you made a false map using fake notes trying to suggest that Revendreth is hard to traverse and you go on a big rant about it using the fake map with fake notes as a basis for that argument... until you get called out on it and now you're trying to pass it off like you were taking the piss and that everyone should've known that you weren't being serious? are you for real? you basically came here and made a post complaining about a non existent thing just to get a reaction off people?

Mods if this isn't a textbook example of a troll I honestly don't know what is. do something! make an example out of this guy that making bullshit up just to stir people isn't on

7+ Year Old Account
    I find Revendreth particularly easy to navigate, but that could just be because it's my favorite zone. It does help to have plenty of Goblin Gliders on hand though

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I have a easier time moving through Revendreth than Bastion, and that's without the Venthry portals.
    Bastion is what happens when some Blizzard artist decides that the easiest way to navigate around huge vertical cliffs should be to travel 100 miles off of the road and hope to find a path up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Man. I don't know how far a gigantic maze with several floors and an extremely unintuitive map makes sense in "vampire vibe"...
    You don’t see how a zone that’s modeled around multi layer giant castle and blood red theme color has to do with “vampire vibe”? Really? Are you one of those who think vampires are suppose to be sparkly? Revendreth motif is closer to old castlevania games instead of twilight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Bastion is what happens when some Blizzard artist decides that the easiest way to navigate around huge vertical cliffs should be to travel 100 miles off of the road and hope to find a path up.
    Honestly the only part that really annoys me is right at the crucible where you begin and see you see a node on the cliff to your left and have to run all the way to the first flight point to find the ramp. That whole bit between the crucible and the temple of courage is really remote. Literally only 2 ways up.

Why would anyone walk anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I have a easier time moving through Revendreth than Bastion, and that's without the Venthry portals.
    Agree. Bastion with its 6-7 layers is far worse.

But. Flying will fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piando View Post
    Why would anyone walk anywhere?
    Love it!

You a buildah?

I guess this is one of many isues that show the divide in the players.

Personally I love getting around Revendreth, whereas its zones like Ardenweald and Maldraxxus that are by far the worst.
    I like walking around to feel like I am playing a game, not just idly getting from point A to point B. And when one zone offers me AFK flight paths or straight roads, whereas the other gives me reasons to stock up on Goblin gliders, Twigin treats and loads of vantage points to use them from then I am damn well going to prefer the one that is actually interesting to navigate.

This is why I always found players wanting flying baffling. Why would anyone champion a form of movement that actively removes a part of the game? Why not wish for more interesting means of traversal?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've always avoided Revendreth for WQ's where possible. I prefer efficient movement to get to my goal. Some people like the theme of the zone and that's fine. I'll spend more time in the zone when flight is unlocked.

10+ Year Old Account

Sure is a shame you can't just run through this wide open area.. If only there was such a thing as being able to not be blocked by literally nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I did say near not at, there are lot of WQs that of course a mirror will be next to one at random
    Hence why only 1 mirror AT a wq, being near it isn't something to count since of course always 1 mirror will be near one
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I mean yeah, Revendreth is slightly harder to navigate, but that's the charm of the zone. You need to live it to learn it. I don't know why you would consider following a minimap as epitome of zone navigation design. Learn it, love it.