Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm against an ingame cash shop outside of providing things like namechange and stuff.

I dont think buying cosmetics or power is good for the game. I dont think it was good for the game back then either.

Every single unique flying mount they add to the game makes the other unique flying mounts less prestigous
    Good thing you cant buy power in the wow cash shop like you claim. And maybe you dont know what prestigious means, but having a non-unique mount doesn't make a unique mount any less prestigious than having the chauffeured mechano-hog mount, which is by definition one of the most unique mounts in the game.

Every single unique flying mount they add to the game makes the other unique flying mounts less prestigous
    Lol, speak for your own values. Store mounts are store mounts, how the fuck can they remove prestige from mounts that require hard work to earn? Or that are extremely rare/removed from the game?

Spoiler: They don't. If you think that anyone riding a store mount standing next to a Gladiator mount rider is getting admiring looks, you're deluded.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-05-29 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezq View Post
    And you don't care enough about pixels. The entire game is made of pixels you ogre-brained dork. Level and gear progression is a visual thing next to the stat increase. Go play Dwarf Fortress if you care so little about pixels.
    That whole post is ironic. You care enough about pixels to fork over money for them? You care too much about pixels!!!!!!

If you do not care about the game why play? It is after all, just a load of pixels. I guess that makes it a pretty irrelevant argument then.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Haven't some of these outraged YouTubers actually bought the stuff from the TBC shop that they are so outraged about?
    Yep, including Asmon from what I heard. How people don't notice these mountains of hypocrisy, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yep, including Asmon from what I heard. How people don't notice these mountains of hypocrisy, I don't know.
    Same thing with the "content creators" hailing the Muhnilla leveling experience as the PINNACLE of MMORPG gameplay, shitting all over the live game for having streamlined and made it possible to skip leveling altogether.

Then those same "content creators" got boosted, accepted gold from fans, dungeon-spammed their way to 60, looking like they hated every moment of it.

GG.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-05-29 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Which just mean that you care too much about pixels. If you cry about a Mount being less "prestigous" in a game because People can get more stuff... Like... What? Did you just even use that as an argument?

Dont get the Mount or anything else in the shop of you dont want to. Come back and complain when they actually gain an advantage over other players.
    Remember, too many people have jack shit going on in their lives and their only value they have is inside video games. So whenever I hear people talk about prestige about something in a video game I k ow they don't have much to be proud of in real life.

But really who fucking cares if someone spent money to get some pixels? You aren't required to spend a dime on it. Let them do them.

Unfortunately the anti-mtx religious sect members will not listen to reason. Part of me thinks it's not even worth it to try. Better just ignore them and they will fade out with time, as many outdated worldviews have.

This is only true at first, when there's a handful of these mounts, and yes that could apply to TBC somewhat, but even there you had the reputation mounts that were somewhat good looking.

Once you have literally more than 1 flying mount, then the flying mount itself is not something incredibly rare by itself. When it comes to the visuals - advanced players are able to distinguish which mount comes from where so I don't personally see how it diminishes the value of those rare / hard-to get mounts. I didn't personally lose respect for gladiator mounts and/or mop world boss mounts just because there's a store mount available. I think it's a stupid argument. The only people who consider store mounts cooler by virtue of their looks over really prestigious mounts are people who don't care too much about the game and wouldn't worship the OG in-game mounts anyway.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-05-29 at 02:41 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Which just mean that you care too much about pixels. If you cry about a Mount being less "prestigous" in a game because People can get more stuff... Like... What? Did you just even use that as an argument?

Dont get the Mount or anything else in the shop of you dont want to. Come back and complain when they actually gain an advantage over other players.
    Why does me caring more about the pixels in the game then you automaticly mean i care too much about them?

I wrote a completely sensible post, why did you have to call it crying?

To me you sound like the emotional one out of the two of us

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Good thing you cant buy power in the wow cash shop like you claim. And maybe you dont know what prestigious means, but having a non-unique mount doesn't make a unique mount any less prestigious than having the chauffeured mechano-hog mount, which is by definition one of the most unique mounts in the game.
    Where did i claim that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Lol, speak for your own values. Store mounts are store mounts, how the fuck can they remove prestige from mounts that require hard work to earn? Or that are extremely rare/removed from the game?

Spoiler: They don't. If you think that anyone riding a store mount standing next to a Gladiator mount rider is getting admiring looks, you're deluded.
    Yes thats.... thats what i was doing. I was literally speaking about my own values.

Whats the point of the store mounts then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Unfortunately the anti-mtx religious sect members will not listen to reason. Part of me thinks it's not even worth it to try. Better just ignore them and they will fade out with time, as many outdated worldviews have.

This is only true at first, when there's a handful of these mounts, and yes that could apply to TBC somewhat, but even there you had the reputation mounts that were somewhat good looking.

Once you have literally more than 1 flying mount, then the flying mount itself is not something incredibly rare by itself. When it comes to the visuals - advanced players are able to distinguish which mount comes from where so I don't personally see how it diminishes the value of those rare / hard-to get mounts. I didn't personally lose respect for gladiator mounts and/or mop world boss mounts just because there's a store mount available. I think it's a stupid argument. The only people who consider store mounts cooler by virtue of their looks over really prestigious mounts are people who don't care too much about the game and wouldn't worship the OG in-game mounts anyway.
    Yes thats exactly my point actually.

In retail there are so many mounts that noone really cares about new mounts that come out. Even the unique ones. Because everyone has like 50 unique mounts.

There are ashes, the netherdragon and mana ray. Thats about it for unique mounts in tbc as far as i remember.

Edit:

Unique flying mounts**

Yes thats exactly my point actually.

In retail there are so many mounts that noone really cares about new mounts that come out. Even the unique ones. Because everyone has like 50 unique mounts.

There are ashes, the netherdragon and mana ray. Thats about it for unique mounts in tbc as far as i remember.

Edit:

Unique flying mounts**
    There is a lot of people who care about mounts in Shadowlands and who recognize where they come from and their 'worth'. Even somewhat casual mount collectors usually know which mounts are the rarest ones, or the ones hardest to get. Raiders know which mounts drop from the current raid, pvpers know which mounts are glad mounts etc. More hardcore players usually have at least a vague idea about which mount is crazy hard to get, and which is not.

The funny thing about this is that people who claim that adding store mounts (or more mounts in general) makes the existing ones less cool, are usually people who know perfectly well where each and every single mount comes from and what effort is required to get them. They just claim that some mythical majority of casual players willl think in this way. And that might be true - but like I said above, said people would not care about a rare mount they encounter in the game because they wouldn't give 2 shits about it anyway.

It's the same issue as with LFR. People who do LFR probably wouldn't raid at all if that mode was not available. The existence of LFR does not hurt people who don't do it at all. Just like the existence of store mounts does not impact people who know which mounts are trully valuable.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is that at least the TCG was eventually abandoned/discontinued.

They aren't realistically ever discontinuing the in game shop. Anything in it just doesn't hold any value for people that value earned prestige.
    You're not cool for having 20+ shop mounts. Not now, not in 5 years, not ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    you are right, it was an issue back then as well - but only very few people had the wisdom to identify it.

today, with extremely smart people like Asmongold having a massive audience, it's become clear to pretty much everyone why micro/macro-transactions have no place in an MMORPG.
    I'm trying to decide if this is a serious post, or not.

If it's satire, then well played. If not...

- - - Updated - - -

The cash shop doesn't impact your gameplay, so whining about it is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I always wondered... did anyone actually play the TCG game?
    I played it casually alongside Magic The Gathering. The WoW TCG was honestly a really fun, mechanically rich game but suffered the same problem nearly every TCG then (and now) has - it's not Magic, it's not Pokemon, and it's not Yugioh - and therefore it was destined to fail.

- - - Updated - - -

I could care less about a cash shop and people who complain really just like to whine.

Add the shop. Add all the character services. Add cosmetics. Add boosts. Who cares? It affects literally no one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The TCG was fun but pretty basic. Most people I know who bought cards did so for the artwork, hero characters, and loot cards.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

In a sense, the mtx and mounts did exist during tbc in the form of physical loot boxes. I'm not sure if Blizzard themselves would benefit from the extra booster pack sales as they were printed by Upper Deck Entertainment iirc. Their high price back then and even now is entirely based on the rarity but that's just the open market between person to person. If you pay the thousands of dollars that the mount is going for on ebay, none of it goes to ActiBlizz.

As a WoW addict and fanboy back then, yeah I bought the starter decks and a few extras, my friends did the same and we played a number of games in the local game store. The mechanics honestly didn't feel as polished as the big TCGs (to my memory). The art was really cool and we liked how the mechanics of some cards related to their origin in the game. I was also tempted to getting the WoW Minis they released back then but my store didn't carry them and they seemed high priced online at the time.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwimmerlaik View Post
    I played it casually alongside Magic The Gathering. The WoW TCG was honestly a really fun, mechanically rich game but suffered the same problem nearly every TCG then (and now) has - it's not Magic, it's not Pokemon, and it's not Yugioh - and therefore it was destined to fail.
    sigh RIP VS System, UFS, Old Star Wars, maybe Digimon 2021 will actually last

10+ Year Old Account
    I did. We mostly played the raids though

Who says people were okay with TCG back then or are now?

The only reason I may not have cared as much back then was because I was 13 and I didn't even know where the mount came from, I just thought it was cool looking.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-05-29 at 08:37 PM.

Yes thats.... thats what i was doing. I was literally speaking about my own values.

Whats the point of the store mounts then?

- - - Updated - - -

The point is to offer cosmetics for real money to increase revenue and not rely solely on sub money. It started with pets, then mounts, now transmog.
    It's not meant to offer "prestige", it was a surefire way to get hate when they added the very first store mount ffs.

And again, as you say "noone really cares about new mounts", I'll just say: Speak for yourself. YOU might not care, others do. I have 3 mounts of SL that I covet, none from the store. And I've got close to 500 of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    There is a lot of people who care about mounts in Shadowlands and who recognize where they come from and their 'worth'. Even somewhat casual mount collectors usually know which mounts are the rarest ones, or the ones hardest to get. Raiders know which mounts drop from the current raid, pvpers know which mounts are glad mounts etc. More hardcore players usually have at least a vague idea about which mount is crazy hard to get, and which is not.

The funny thing about this is that people who claim that adding store mounts (or more mounts in general) makes the existing ones less cool, are usually people who know perfectly well where each and every single mount comes from and what effort is required to get them. They just claim that some mythical majority of casual players willl think in this way. And that might be true - but like I said above, said people would not care about a rare mount they encounter in the game because they wouldn't give 2 shits about it anyway.

It's the same issue as with LFR. People who do LFR probably wouldn't raid at all if that mode was not available. The existence of LFR does not hurt people who don't do it at all. Just like the existence of store mounts does not impact people who know which mounts are trully valuable.
    Amen to your entire post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Who says people were okay with TCG back then or are now?

The only reason I may not have cared as much back then was because I was 13 and I didn't even know where the mount came from, I just thought it was cool looking.
    Well, TBC had peak wow subs so I don't know about the crying on wow forum back in the day..

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    you are right, it was an issue back then as well - but only very few people had the wisdom to identify it.

today, with extremely smart people like Asmongold having a massive audience, it's become clear to pretty much everyone why micro/macro-transactions have no place in an MMORPG.
    Asmongold and extremely smart in the same sentence. Digest it folks.