Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Asmongold and extremely smart in the same sentence. Digest it folks.
    Dude raised hundrend thousands for charity, why trash him?

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    I am not trashing him. I am just saying that people vastly overestimate his intellect. That doesn't mean that he couldn't/shouldn't raise charity money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I am not trashing him. I am just saying that people vastly overestimate his intellect. That doesn't mean that he couldn't/shouldn't raise charity money.
    I mean he kinda is smart, since he figured it out how to attract views and audiences , not even a fan, just watched his charity vids

..lots of people raise money for charity...some out of the kindness of their own heart, many because they get a tax break, and some just because it's good PR or to hide the fact they did something super shitty

I'm not saying anything about his character but raising money for charity isn't an insta good boy token

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    extremely smart people like Asmongold having a massive audience
    Surely you're talking about his whole kayfabe routine and not the actual opinions he has. Or maybe your post is sarcasm and I can't tell. The dude bought the character boost 10 minutes after saying how he and his viewers should go harass the people collecting their VANITY items.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm against an ingame cash shop outside of providing things like namechange and stuff.

I dont think buying cosmetics or power is good for the game. I dont think it was good for the game back then either.

Every single unique flying mount they add to the game makes the other unique flying mounts less prestigous
    Agreed, but I'd go far enough to say that we should be able to change our character names and realms without spending money. Like, name/realm change tokens should come with your subscription. We're already paying for the game repeatedly.

I keep seeing people raging on the WoW Forums and WoW You tubers reacting to "TBC Classic Cash shop", which I find hypocritical.

Blizzard announced a WoW TCG card game in 2006 Oct alongside (3 months later) WoW TBC.
    After that, those TCG cards provided unique cosmetic rewards in game which was based on luck.
    A very good ca$hcow for Blizzard back in the day.

People are crying about the Reawakened Phase-Hunter mount in Deluxe TBC Classic
    yet you could purchase Spectral Tiger for irl money back in the day and even now;
    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...Spectral_Tiger
    another tcg mount:
    https://www.wowtcgloot.com/x51_netherrocket.htm
    another tcg mount:
    https://www.wowtcgloot.com/big_battle_bear.htm
    Y'all get the point.

Some may argue that WoW TBC Classic would not be authentic without the TCG rewards, so Blizzard implemented a direct way to get those items, since TCG won't work in TBCC.

Trust me, I would be shocked if Blizzard decides to implement a cash shop in WoW Classic, since it never existed back in 2004, but TBC+ I was not surprised.

TLDR: Blizzard Cashshop was thing in TBC onwards, but it was structured differently. Not to mention in game services, like Name change/Realm Transfer.
    Yes I do remember everyone back then bought TCG cards and was rewarded with boost and guaranteed spectral tiger. I mean, everyone was walking around with boosted characters on spectral tigers all around!

Atleast the spectral tiger had some mystery tied to it back then and when you actually saw someone using it on your server, you knew they either was very lucky or wasted ALOT of real money for it.

It was so rare and required so much luck or much money, it became cool because of that.

On retail I dont give two shits about store mounts anymore, cause there are so many mounts in that part of the game with various designs and looks. Aint it 500+ mounts or something? So many mounts, each one dont even matter that much anymore.

Mounts is kind of a bigger deal in Classic & BC, cause it aint so many of them. Most people run about on the wolf/horse or fly on gryphon. So when you actually do see someone on a different mount, it stands out and should say something.

But meh.. It doesnt matter at this point. The people that complain about this buys it, the people that love it buys it, the people that dont care either way buys it, everyone just buys it. even major twitch streamers that moan about this everyday buys it. Its clearly a lazy ass way to rake in money on a 6 month steady schedule for Blizzard and no matter how much hate they get for it, they get in the money from the lovers and haters.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's like saying we can't trash CEO of tabloid cause he gives to charity way more than most of us combined.

By the way, do you say the same when people trash Bobby Kotick?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I always wondered... did anyone actually play the TCG game?
    Some of us did and still do occasionally, it's a huge shame they dropped it because it's easily the most fun card game i've played.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Some of us did and still do occasionally, it's a huge shame they dropped it because it's easily the most fun card game i've played.
    I mean Hearthstone(tm) kinds took that throne.

not really...but alas wow's fate is the same as MOST TCGs really... the vast majority last 2 years and then fall to the wayside Pokemon and Yugioh were a damned Miracle to of lasted THIS long

Early seasons of hearthstone were the most fun, i'm not enjoying it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a video game to have fun. I like showing off my skills and accomplishments in the game I play. You running around the game with a bought mount and paying to hit level 58 devalues all my effort. Why level 1-58 when you can pull out a credit card? Why work hard to get a mount when you can just buy a unique one? You want to show off you have money then do what I do and buy a Porsche and drive it around. Coming into my game and using a credit card to buy your way in is not impressing anyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm against an ingame cash shop outside of providing things like namechange and stuff.

I dont think buying cosmetics or power is good for the game. I dont think it was good for the game back then either.

Every single unique flying mount they add to the game makes the other unique flying mounts less prestigous
    This is snowflake epeen territory. Nothing is unique in the game anymore. In game or shop purchased. Removing the shop would not change that. People would still buy mount and cosmetic boosts. This is speaking as someone who's had the realm 2nd mount Al'ar. Everything becomes less prestigous in time.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-05-31 at 12:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    People will literally complain about anything.

I keep seeing people raging on the WoW Forums and WoW You tubers reacting to "TBC Classic Cash shop", which I find hypocritical.

Blizzard announced a WoW TCG card game in 2006 Oct alongside (3 months later) WoW TBC.
    After that, those TCG cards provided unique cosmetic rewards in game which was based on luck.
    A very good ca$hcow for Blizzard back in the day.

People are crying about the Reawakened Phase-Hunter mount in Deluxe TBC Classic
    yet you could purchase Spectral Tiger for irl money back in the day and even now;
    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...Spectral_Tiger
    another tcg mount:
    https://www.wowtcgloot.com/x51_netherrocket.htm
    another tcg mount:
    https://www.wowtcgloot.com/big_battle_bear.htm
    Y'all get the point.

Some may argue that WoW TBC Classic would not be authentic without the TCG rewards, so Blizzard implemented a direct way to get those items, since TCG won't work in TBCC.

Trust me, I would be shocked if Blizzard decides to implement a cash shop in WoW Classic, since it never existed back in 2004, but TBC+ I was not surprised.

TLDR: Blizzard Cashshop was thing in TBC onwards, but it was structured differently. Not to mention in game services, like Name change/Realm Transfer.
    The bigger issue is the boost. The Phase-Hunter is just an easy tell that somebody more than likely used the boost.

A lot of people returned to Classic in part specifically to escape the contemporary money milking practices that retail WoW has now, and that started getting worse because people kept making excuses and stating "It's just a mount, it's just a pet, it's just a helm, it's just a boost, it's just.." Naturally, those same people wouldn't be keen about Blizzard then trying the same for WoW and having people make yet the same excuses. "It's just x."

At the end of the day, I'm sure a lot of Classic players feel like the game they asked for for years is being ruined and milked by retail players who defend it exactly because it has become the status quo on retail.

I say this as somebody who plays only retail, hasn't even installed Classic or TBC Classic at any point and hasn't had any interest in 15 year old content, but has seen some of the arguments for why people prefer it, and the lack of a cash shop, paid boosts, etc. ranks very high on that list and has for years.

tl;dr: people clamoring for classic for years feel like retail whales have come into the game that they so desired and ripped it apart and given blizzard an opportunity to turn it into the same cynical money milking scheme that retail has in a sense become.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The bigger issue is the boost. The Phase-Hunter is just an easy tell that somebody more than likely used the boost.

A lot of people returned to Classic in part specifically to escape the contemporary money milking practices that retail WoW has now, and that started getting worse because people kept making excuses and stating "It's just a mount, it's just a pet, it's just a helm, it's just a boost, it's just.." Naturally, those same people wouldn't be keen about Blizzard then trying the same for WoW and having people make yet the same excuses. "It's just x."

At the end of the day, I'm sure a lot of Classic players feel like the game they asked for for years is being ruined and milked by retail players who defend it exactly because it has become the status quo on retail.

I say this as somebody who plays only retail, hasn't even installed Classic or TBC Classic at any point and hasn't had any interest in 15 year old content, but has seen some of the arguments for why people prefer it, and the lack of a cash shop, paid boosts, etc. ranks very high on that list and has for years.

tl;dr: people clamoring for classic for years feel like retail whales have come into the game that they so desired and ripped it apart and given blizzard an opportunity to turn it into the same cynical money milking scheme that retail has in a sense become.
    I can understand that sentiment, though i feel like without that boost a lot of people who want to play TBC would never be able to slog through Vanilla levelling. So in essence, it has allowed more people to play than would have otherwise (i know my friend has as well). I can't say i agree with the affect of the shop on retail. The shop has had really no noticeable impact on the game since all that is sold there are mounts and the boost. The boost has been practically invalidated thanks to levelling streamlining, and the mounts and pets are all vanity. The "worst" of it has already been added to TBC, so there is no going down from there unless people care about those vanity mounts -so damn much-.

Why would anyone who loathes the practices in retail expect Classic - released by the same people - to be different? It’s literally the same company.

If someone hates Blizzard’s monetization practices, they should stay away from Blizzard products.

This whole “I’m going to make it better by giving them money and complaining on forums” is just asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Why would anyone who loathes the practices in retail expect Classic - released by the same people - to be different? It’s literally the same company.

If someone hates Blizzard’s monetization practices, they should stay away from Blizzard products.
    I mean, that's one of my reasons for why I didn't even bother with Classic myself.

But they asked for years and expected a time capsule, which Classic-Classic(?) was for the most part. But TBC Classic clearly isn't what with the boosts, so they're lashing out because they feel like Classic is being retailized.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for being honest about this. A lot of the discussions and threads here are made by people who obviously have not played classic and have no interest in (which is obvious when looking at their post history), but seem compelled to stir the community for some reason I do not quite understand in this strange retail versus classic competition.

First of all, there is no such thing as a vanilla purist. I think everyone agrees that major bugs should be fixed, and that a few changes to things that make no sense are welcomed. Vanilla purists is a concept created by people not playing classic who come here to try to provoke people playing classic.

Also, and I am sharing this from talking to a lot of people with whom I play in Classic, the main reason that draws players to come back to classic and why they have stopped playing retail a few expansion ago has nothing to do with the cash shop. It is mainly because retail has become a single player game. The LFG which is base on ilevel, totally killed the social and community feel of a MMORPG. You could be playing with robots for all that matters. People are rude, don't talk and barely interact. And redoing the same content with a difficulty slider, on top of titanforging, is a majorn turn off as well, because if you fall behind, you won't find groups because your ilevel will be lagging.

So back to the main topic.. I personnally don't care if you can buy a one-time boost to lvl58, so you can hop in TBC. It would be a major turn off to be levelling alone in a ghost town just to catch up. Those boosts are clearly undergeared and certainly do not have an advantage over characters that have been raiding.

And cosmetic stuff does not bother me in the slightest..