Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers

Within this thread we will give our constructive support for a Fresh 2.4.3 Burning Crusade server for Pre-Patch or release.

Why?

Many of us watched Classic unfold with new metas and exploits that were not wildly present or at all in Vanilla. Such events have made the server economy flux in a way that is not true to the original spirit of the game.

The popularity of Boosts and GDKPs have encouraged RMT sales and many players brag about their purchases, to sadly no punishment given.

This will result in an absurd economy that many of us wish to avoid entirely.

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=321...p-on-transfers

There will be no gold caps, meaning tens of thousands of gold will be brought into Burning Crusade.

Back in the day, this amount was unheard of. Only the elite raiders could boast 5,000g. Epic mounts were rare.

If Boosting and GDKP was all done with clean, legit gold, then only the hard earned and farmed gold would be circulated. But it is not. It is dirty RMT gold, as shown by this GDKP sword that supposedly went for ~$3,500:

Very constructive and informative videos on boosting and the damage it will cause, as well as reasons why fresh servers are necessary:

while there is the sting of the mess of current servers, a big reason people want fresh is for the new experiences, the fun ambience and new adventures.

Information We Have So Far:

"Will you open Fresh Classic server in addition to the TBC servers? There seems to be a large demand for it.

"Holly: “Great question. For our timeline for Burning Crusade Classic, we won’t be launching any fresh start servers, but I can promise you we got our eyes on that in our future and we will be discussing it once we get through a stable and successful launch with Burning Crusade Classic.”

It was not specified if this was for Fresh Vanilla or Fresh TBC. It feels like she gave an answer for Vanilla so far at this point. Will update once we get more information.

Let us be constructive and civil.

Remember! There were no RPPVP servers at the announcement of Classic as they felt there was 0 demand. Now we have two! We can do this!

NB: this is a repost from the US server, thanks to Drooler for this.
    Last edited by Voulzy; 2021-05-29 at 05:44 PM.

If you're making "formal requests" then you should probably consider... I don't know... Posting this to the actual wow forums, not a fansite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    If you're making "formal requests" then you should probably consider... I don't know... Posting this to the actual wow forums, not a fansite.
    Read the last sentence ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    If you're going to make snarky comments, you should probably consider reading the thread.

I agree. Fresh TBC servers would be lovely.

Wait, only elites could afford epic flying? You could get enough gold just doing quests in like a week on an alt. Most people just rushed leveling but if you did Hellfre, Zangarmarsh, and a bit of Terrokar that's level 70. You then had the rest of Terrokar, Nagrand, Blades Edge, and Netherstorm which was like 6-8k gold in quests/vendored quest rewards + anything you gathered with your professions. I was pretty casual for the time back then, only raided once or twice a week for a few hours, usually took 2 nights to clear Kara etc. But I still had epic flying on 5 or 6 alts. I did not play Classic and just started a character for TBC and am now level 18 and will be a while getting to 70 but I am pretty sure that I could get epic flying and earn gold without having to play 8 hours a day to be "elite". Most people seem to think that quests just are not there after max level but due to the exp to gold conversion it's not a terrible way to get gold, could make around 2-300g an hour that way. Same in retail, you can make 3k+ gold an hour just doing quests from Legion and BFA pretty much on autopilot since it takes only a few min do do quests that reward 10-25 gold + the rewards that sell for up to 100+ if its a 2H weapon.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2021-05-29 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shynra View Post
    If you're going to make snarky comments, you should probably consider reading the thread.

I agree. Fresh TBC servers would be lovely.
    Thank you for taking the time to read it, I appreciate it ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Voulzy View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to read it, I appreciate it ;-)
    You will only be able to enjoy your "Fresh" server for maby 1-2 months before the economy is back to this tho, so not really worth for blizzard to do it

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    You will only be able to enjoy your "Fresh" server for maby 1-2 months before the economy is back to this tho, so not really worth for blizzard to do it
    Exactly the same few tryhards will level as fast as possible and then control the market from then on.

"Back in the day, this amount was unheard of. Only the elite raiders could boast 5,000g. Epic mounts were rare."

LMAO. So only elite raiders couls do daily quests and farm mobs or with their gathering professions?

You can pretend that fresh servers will be different all you like, but the truth is, in just a few weeks it will be just the same, especially as the game generates a lot more gold than it did in vanilla.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-05-30 at 10:43 AM.

I'd resub for a fresh server.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

-Blizzard
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

GDKP was the only redeeming thing about Classic.
    It gave people that didn't spend their time sucking up to their GM a fair and equal opportunity to get gear.
    The only ones that don't like GDKP are the selfish GM's and their croonies.

So I sure hope that GDKP will get even more prominent in TBC Classic.
    Or make loot personal, just like in Retail. Then you can "ban" GDKP all you want.

Making "fresh" servers won't stop GDKP, as it is objectivly in the interest of the majority of the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    GDKP was not a bad thing. It encouraged people to play all levels of content, not just stop when they got their full BIS for that phase. Guild could run Molten Core to get other people geared and so they themselves could move up the progression ladder even when the guild was in full BWL gear.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

We'd sooner get a Classic token than fresh servers but that's just my cynical opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulzy View Post
    snip
    A fresh start server would do nothing, players would still know how to make a ton of gold and reach the gold cap in time just like they did with classic, you need to realise that the community of WoW is the same regardless and you cant escape it.

There is no new adventures or fresh experiences in WoW its all been done before for the past 20 years. Boosting is part of WoW culture and will be on every single server regardless.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Wait, only elites could afford epic flying? You could get enough gold just doing quests in like a week on an alt. Most people just rushed leveling but if you did Hellfre, Zangarmarsh, and a bit of Terrokar that's level 70. You then had the rest of Terrokar, Nagrand, Blades Edge, and Netherstorm which was like 6-8k gold in quests/vendored quest rewards + anything you gathered with your professions. I was pretty casual for the time back then, only raided once or twice a week for a few hours, usually took 2 nights to clear Kara etc. But I still had epic flying on 5 or 6 alts. I did not play Classic and just started a character for TBC and am now level 18 and will be a while getting to 70 but I am pretty sure that I could get epic flying and earn gold without having to play 8 hours a day to be "elite". Most people seem to think that quests just are not there after max level but due to the exp to gold conversion it's not a terrible way to get gold, could make around 2-300g an hour that way. Same in retail, you can make 3k+ gold an hour just doing quests from Legion and BFA pretty much on autopilot since it takes only a few min do do quests that reward 10-25 gold + the rewards that sell for up to 100+ if its a 2H weapon.
    Damn, 70 in 3 zones? I'm not sure we played the same TBC since I completely finished every single quest in all the zones and got 70 halfway through Netherstorm.

Back in the day there was also way to much money around.

A friend of mine bought me epic flying... just cause he did not know what to do with his gold anyway.
    And he was not elite. AQ40 halfway was is max.

Leveling in BC will blow gold up your ass like nothing you have ever seen before. 2,5k if you just do dungeons.

If you make new servers they will be nearly empty and half a year later IF there actually are players you will have the same situation like you have now.

New servers only make sense when the whole patchcycle is done.
    I would have no problem if they open seasonal servers for older expansion after it is done the first time around. 1,5 year cycle and again. Everything gets deleted, you know that beforhand. Rinse and repeat.

But i don't want them so split the playerbase of the "current" expansion^^

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    GDKP was not a bad thing. It encouraged people to play all levels of content, not just stop when they got their full BIS for that phase. Guild could run Molten Core to get other people geared and so they themselves could move up the progression ladder even when the guild was in full BWL gear.
    GDKP was never the problem. Where the money for GDKP runs came from was the problem. Think about it for a sec

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    A fresh start server would do nothing, players would still know how to make a ton of gold and reach the gold cap in time just like they did with classic, you need to realise that the community of WoW is the same regardless and you cant escape it.

There is no new adventures or fresh experiences in WoW its all been done before for the past 20 years. Boosting is part of WoW culture and will be on every single server regardless.
    Some of it is solo farming dungeons with certain specs - that can be dealt with
    A lot of it is botting - that can be dealt with aswell.

Its all a matter of it being something blizzard wants to do something about or not.

Do ya'll think that...
    hear me out
    that people in a fresh server are going to be "Well this time I'm NOT going to do all that stuff"

cause people are STILL going to do that

People went into BC with gold from vanilla, just like they are doing so now. While gold is certainly somewhat more inflated than original, a completely fresh BC server would stray much more wildly from the original iteration than the current method. In the end, I think you just have to accept that the game is never going to be completely the same as it was back in the day, but it is pretty close.