Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You just got to make peace with people using their credit cards at this point when you play a Blizz game. This is who Blizzard is today. It's quite the departure from where they started, but it is what it is. Either play along or move along. It's far too late to ask for decency.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Damn, 70 in 3 zones? I'm not sure we played the same TBC since I completely finished every single quest in all the zones and got 70 halfway through Netherstorm.
    totally agree, i guess this guy played on a x2 pserver or sth. 70 in 3 zones, wtf
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonf View Post
    Dear diary,
    This is Day 85 of farming primals for tailoring set. I can’t seem to understand how everyone around me magically has an epic flyer and I’m stuck here on my 60% flying mount losing all these tags. I checked the AH today to see if they have gone down from their 400g price per primal might but they still haven’t seem to budge. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow before I break down and buy gold off of a website that sells 10k gold for $30.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Some of it is solo farming dungeons with certain specs - that can be dealt with
    A lot of it is botting - that can be dealt with aswell.

Its all a matter of it being something blizzard wants to do something about or not.
    Gold was even easier to make in TBC regardless of how its obtained, if players expected the game to feel the same they were setting themselves up for dissapointment from the start, all you should expect is playing WoW in TBC with a max level of 70 and thats it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Gold was even easier to make in TBC regardless of how its obtained, if players expected the game to feel the same they were setting themselves up for dissapointment from the start, all you should expect is playing WoW in TBC with a max level of 70 and thats it.
    Gold being easier to make for a random andy isnt the problem.

The problem was the people botting and aoe farming dungeons. And that can be handled

Gold being easier to make for a random andy isnt the problem.

The problem was the people botting and aoe farming dungeons. And that can be handled
    Amount of gold is not even an issue, there are always players who can easily obtain the gold cap over, raiders will have no issues getting whatever gear they want and casual players will still play the game the same way, botting and farming dungeons will continue to happen regardless, there are plenty of normal players do this type of farming also. More items in the AH just mean cheaper prices.

Botting/ farming dungeons does not affect how you play the game, it has been going on for years and it wont stop.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-30 at 09:26 PM.

Amount of gold is not even an issue, there are always players who can easily obtain the gold cap over, raiders will have no issues getting whatever gear they want and casual players will still play the game the same way, botting and farming dungeons will continue to happen regardless, there are plenty of normal players do this type of farming also. More items in the AH just mean cheaper prices.

Botting/ farming dungeons does not affect how you play the game, it has been going on for years and it wont stop.
    If you dont think the overall economy affects the game then i dont really know what to tell you. A servers economy meant a lot back in the day.

Its like saying difficulty doesnt matter in an rpg because some people can just cheat their way through it and is always going to cheat their way through it.

If you dont think the overall economy affects the game then i dont really know what to tell you. A servers economy meant a lot back in the day.

Its like saying difficulty doesnt matter in an rpg because some people can just cheat their way through it and is always going to cheat their way through it.
    Server economey is no different now than it always has been, there is always players who play the AH and will have millions of gold, there is always botters, and legit dungeon farmers, this does not affect the majority of the playerbase in anyway at all, its been going on since WoW was launched and does not matter at all.

Server economey is no different now than it always has been, there is always players who play the AH and will have millions of gold, there is always botters, and legit dungeon farmers, this does not affect the majority of the playerbase in anyway at all, its been going on since WoW was launched and does not matter at all.
    Not knowing what affects an economy and how that affects people living in the economy isnt an excuse to talk about it like you actually know what you are talking about.

In other words, if you knew, you wouldnt type that.

10+ Year Old Account
    fresh tbc servers: 2% chance
    fresh vanilla servers: 8% chance

Not knowing what affects an economy and how that affects people living in the economy isnt an excuse to talk about it like you actually know what you are talking about.

In other words, if you knew, you wouldnt type that.
    The economy in WoW is only what a player is willing to buy that item for, the price of an item keeps going down until its at a level where most would actually buy it, you obviously have no idea about anything in the game if you think the economy in WoW has any meaning at all, the AH is just a means to either spend your gold or make some gold.

The economy in WoW is only what a player is willing to buy that item for, the price of an item keeps going down until its at a level where most would actually buy it, you obviously have no idea about anything in the game if you think the economy in WoW has any meaning at all, the AH is just a means to either spend your gold or make some gold.
    There are many theses out there on the importance of economy in mmo's. I'l list one of them for you in case you are interested in learning something.

Arguing with "no i'm right!" arguments is going to lead nowhere.

https://gameanalytics.com/blog/econo...uick-overview/

There are many theses out there on the importance of economy in mmo's. I'l list one of them for you in case you are interested in learning something.

Arguing with "no i'm right!" arguments is going to lead nowhere.

https://gameanalytics.com/blog/econo...uick-overview/
    A theses does not prove anything, actually playing the game has proven since vanilla that the WoW economy is irrelevant, players will only pay what they want to pay for some items and eventually items settle around a certain price, gold is constantly added to the whole of the WoW economy and it does not affect anything, the only thing players use massive amount of gold on is the raid items they really want.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulzy View Post
    Back in the day, this amount was unheard of. Only the elite raiders could boast 5,000g. Epic mounts were rare.
    No they weren't lmao. And what does being a raider have to do with it? If anything, elite raiders had more trouble getting the gold because they had to spend a significant amount of the time raiding and gold on consumables. Then also go farm in between for that 5k gold. The most casual players I knew were the ones with the most gold. By casual I mean those not raiding and fishing all day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Damn, 70 in 3 zones? I'm not sure we played the same TBC since I completely finished every single quest in all the zones and got 70 halfway through Netherstorm.
    You probably did it pre xp nerf. This guy must have done dungeons as well I'd think but you can get pretty close to 70 in those 3 zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly the prices of mats and all that seem pretty close to how it was originally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    fresh tbc servers: 2% chance
    fresh vanilla servers: 8% chance
    There's like 10-20 people on a given classic era server, sometimes less. No one wants fresh vanilla servers

A theses does not prove anything, actually playing the game has proven since vanilla that the WoW economy is irrelevant, players will only pay what they want to pay for some items and eventually items settle around a certain price, gold is constantly added to the whole of the WoW economy and it does not affect anything, the only thing players use massive amount of gold on is the raid items they really want.
    The difference between you and me in this instance is you have absolutely nothing but "trust me bro" to argue your case.

And i dont. In fact i know you are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    No they weren't lmao. And what does being a raider have to do with it? If anything, elite raiders had more trouble getting the gold because they had to spend a significant amount of the time raiding and gold on consumables. Then also go farm in between for that 5k gold. The most casual players I knew were the ones with the most gold. By casual I mean those not raiding and fishing all day.

- - - Updated - - -

You probably did it pre xp nerf. This guy must have done dungeons as well I'd think but you can get pretty close to 70 in those 3 zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly the prices of mats and all that seem pretty close to how it was originally.

- - - Updated - - -

There's like 10-20 people on a given classic era server, sometimes less. No one wants fresh vanilla servers
    I sure as shit didnt get 120+ gold for a gdkp run in vanilla.

snip
    You have nothing to support what you say to back you up, we have 10 plus years of actual experience in playing WoW and knowing the economy is the same regardless and does nothing to affect the player in any way at all, its way too easy to get gold and no matter how much gold is available on a server is does nothing to affect the economy, players can throw gold cap at an item an not even care about how much they spend.

I sure as shit didnt get 120+ gold for a gdkp run in vanilla.
    How is that relevant to mat prices?

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    How is that relevant to mat prices?
    Its relevant for the economy mate. Which is what we are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

You have nothing to support what you say to back you up, we have 10 plus years of actual experience in playing WoW and knowing the economy is the same regardless and does nothing to affect the player in any way at all, its way too easy to get gold and no matter how much gold is available on a server is does nothing to affect the economy, players can throw gold cap at an item an not even care about how much they spend.
    I do though - i have many publishes theses on this subject to support my statement. I've already given you one.

Who is We?

You mean both of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Do ya'll think that...
    hear me out
    that people in a fresh server are going to be "Well this time I'm NOT going to do all that stuff"

cause people are STILL going to do that
    This. A "fresh" server won't stop botters from botting. It won't stop GDKP runs from existing. It won't stop people from buying/selling gold. It won't stop 100 mages from spamming "WTS Mara" at all hours of the day/night.

To repeat the same action and expect different results is madness.

A fresh start server would do nothing, players would still know how to make a ton of gold and reach the gold cap in time just like they did with classic, you need to realise that the community of WoW is the same regardless and you cant escape it.

There is no new adventures or fresh experiences in WoW its all been done before for the past 20 years. Boosting is part of WoW culture and will be on every single server regardless.
    It would do one thing, it would give everyone an even start.

and thats enough.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    It would do one thing, it would give everyone an even start.

and thats enough.
    For like what 2 weeks?