Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    It would do one thing, it would give everyone an even start.

and thats enough.
    You already had an even start, 2 years ago.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    snip
    You have nothing, no facts or anything that supports you in anyway, if you have actually played the game you know how little the AH and the economy means in the actual game, the economy has no effect on the game. The AH is a basic tool to buy and sell items and thats where most of the money is handled.

The amount of money on a server or whatever amount a player has does not affect how you play the game.

It would do one thing, it would give everyone an even start.

and thats enough.
    There is no such thing as an even start, everyone was completely fresh at the start of classic but even then players who dont need to work for example already have an advantage.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-05-31 at 09:12 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Its relevant for the economy mate. Which is what we are talking about.
    If mat prices aren't really any different, then no it is not. Who cares if other people are doing GDKPs if shit doesn't cost more gold

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    If mat prices aren't really any different, then no it is not. Who cares if other people are doing GDKPs if shit doesn't cost more gold
    Odd - i answered this yesterday but it wasnt submitted properly.

We are talking about the overall economy. If people have easy access to thousands of gold and the baseline prices on the AH stays the same then gold looses its value.

Its really basic economics here. Like floor level. If you want a good economy the currency has to be worth something. Look at D2 as an example of a terrible economy. Gold was useless so the economy was remade around runes as a currency because they actually had value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You have nothing, no facts or anything that supports you in anyway, if you have actually played the game you know how little the AH and the economy means in the actual game, the economy has no effect on the game. The AH is a basic tool to buy and sell items and thats where most of the money is handled.

The amount of money on a server or whatever amount a player has does not affect how you play the game.

There is no such thing as an even start, everyone was completely fresh at the start of classic but even then players who dont need to work for example already have an advantage.
    Out of the two of us i am the only one who has presented anything but "trust me bro". Its pointless to discuss with someone who can literally only see the point of his own nosetip and are immune to arguments.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2021-06-01 at 05:39 AM.

You'd have the same shit on "fresh" servers after 1-2 months. People just play differently and have everything much more optimized these days. TBC gives much better options as well, so people would catch up to their former classic fortunes in no time. That is, if anyone actually wanted to play on those fresh servers at all.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    For like what 2 weeks?
    What ppl do in tbc is up to each and everyone. But at least they wont be competing against ppl with over a hundred thousand gold for crafting mats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    You already had an even start, 2 years ago.
    Are we talking about me now? Not the ppl asking for a fresh tbc servers?
    Well, my opinion since you asked, is that i can understand ppl who doesnt want to compete against rmt'ers with 100k+ gold for crafting mats in p1 of tbc.

As for myself will stick to my guild because tbh i play classic mostly for social reasons.
    I cleared everything back when it was released the first time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats... an even start... :P
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Aye i would love fresh TBC servers, i did not play classic at all and that would be lovely for me

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voulzy View Post
    Read the last sentence ^^
    still, posting here is pointless. Blizz don't care about anything that gets posted here because 90% of it is just made up bullshit. Do you have the link to the post on the official forums?

What ppl do in tbc is up to each and everyone. But at least they wont be competing against ppl with over a hundred thousand gold for crafting mats.

- - - Updated - - -

Are we talking about me now? Not the ppl asking for a fresh tbc servers?
    Well, my opinion since you asked, is that i can understand ppl who doesnt want to compete against rmt'ers with 100k+ gold for crafting mats in p1 of tbc.

As for myself will stick to my guild because tbh i play classic mostly for social reasons.
    I cleared everything back when it was released the first time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats... an even start... :P
    So what if theres rmters now. There will be rmters in the fresh server as well. You cant change that. Theyll just run whatever is the best raw gold farm then switch to other gold making schemes again then itll be full circle again.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    So what if theres rmters now. There will be rmters in the fresh server as well. You cant change that. Theyll just run whatever is the best raw gold farm then switch to other gold making schemes again then itll be full circle again.
    It will be an even start.

Rmt ppl coudlnt dominate the market on stuff in early classic because there was no gold to buy yet. Most players who put in some effort leveld considerably faster than the bots did.

On a fresh tbc server, players would be competing against other likeminded players for mats. Sure in the end the bots will catch up and beat humans at anything, but atleast the launch and most of p1 would be dominated by players, not bots.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

It will be an even start.

Rmt ppl coudlnt dominate the market on stuff in early classic because there was no gold to buy yet. Most players who put in some effort leveld considerably faster than the bots did.

On a fresh tbc server, players would be competing against other likeminded players for mats. Sure in the end the bots will catch up and beat humans at anything, but atleast the launch and most of p1 would be dominated by players, not bots.
    So the argument is on a fresh server y'all would get like a month of good no bot gameplay followed by 2 years of shit

Odd - i answered this yesterday but it wasnt submitted properly.

We are talking about the overall economy. If people have easy access to thousands of gold and the baseline prices on the AH stays the same then gold looses its value.

Its really basic economics here. Like floor level. If you want a good economy the currency has to be worth something. Look at D2 as an example of a terrible economy. Gold was useless so the economy was remade around runes as a currency because they actually had value.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of the two of us i am the only one who has presented anything but "trust me bro". Its pointless to discuss with someone who can literally only see the point of his own nosetip and are immune to arguments.
    It may lose it's value in the GDKP market but if AH prices are about the same you still have the same level of buying power. For instance, if the housing market has the average 2 bed, 1 bath house cost ~100k and all the sudden everyone just magically gets a million dollars then that average may increase but let's say it doesn't. Then in the market of house buying everyone's buying power increased. However, let's say the price of gas goes up, then that market people will have less buying power in. Imo the mat prices being stable and not inflating is more important than the GDKP market inflating. I actually think the GDKP market inflating is what kept mat prices near the same level as actual vanilla. If no one did GDKPs then all that extra gold created by botters would likely be used for those mats. It's also possible that all the botters just also greatly increased the supply of the mats so maybe that's what kept the market near the same level as vanilla. Either way, as long as mat prices are significantly higher than they were originally, I don't think it's much of an issue since then people who just made their gold doing dailies will have near the same experience as they did originally.

What you linked does not even mention WoW at all for one, we were talking about WoW where its economy is not even an economy anyway so it doesnt matter how much gold players can farm from certain methods, WoW AH is basically just a vendor that the prices change a little, players only pay what they are willing to so items eventually settle around a set price. To even say WoW has an economy is a joke.

It may lose it's value in the GDKP market but if AH prices are about the same you still have the same level of buying power. For instance, if the housing market has the average 2 bed, 1 bath house cost ~100k and all the sudden everyone just magically gets a million dollars then that average may increase but let's say it doesn't. Then in the market of house buying everyone's buying power increased. However, let's say the price of gas goes up, then that market people will have less buying power in. Imo the mat prices being stable and not inflating is more important than the GDKP market inflating. I actually think the GDKP market inflating is what kept mat prices near the same level as actual vanilla. If no one did GDKPs then all that extra gold created by botters would likely be used for those mats. It's also possible that all the botters just also greatly increased the supply of the mats so maybe that's what kept the market near the same level as vanilla. Either way, as long as mat prices are significantly higher than they were originally, I don't think it's much of an issue since then people who just made their gold doing dailies will have near the same experience as they did originally.
    An economy where everyone can afford everything isnt a good economy either tbh. It stands to reason prices for certain items are inflated

An economy where everyone can afford everything isnt a good economy either tbh. It stands to reason prices for certain items are inflated
    Why wouldn't an economy where everyone can afford everything be a good economy? That sounds like a pretty amazing economy.

What you linked does not even mention WoW at all for one, we were talking about WoW where its economy is not even an economy anyway so it doesnt matter how much gold players can farm from certain methods, WoW AH is basically just a vendor that the prices change a little, players only pay what they are willing to so items eventually settle around a set price. To even say WoW has an economy is a joke.
    What i linked talked about economy in MMO's and their importance. You have made so many blanket statements now that i honestly cant even keep up anymore.
    Just so many assumptions without any actual proof to back it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Why wouldn't an economy where everyone can afford everything be a good economy? That sounds like a pretty amazing economy.
    Because its a utopia. It would never happen in the real world because thats just not how supply/demand works. WHen it happens in games it effectively ruins the economy - or as Kenn says it makes it so there might aswell not be one. If everyone can afford anything then there is no point in having an economy and everything that costs gold is now worthless.

Because its a utopia. It would never happen in the real world because thats just not how supply/demand works. WHen it happens in games it effectively ruins the economy - or as Kenn says it makes it so there might aswell not be one. If everyone can afford anything then there is no point in having an economy and everything that costs gold is now worthless.
    ?????????????? We aren't arguing whether or not it would happen. You said it would be a bad economy and that's nonsense. You even agree it would be a utopia which is literally good. You don't what the fuck you're talking about. Who cares if gold is worthless if everyone can afford everything.

Stop talking you're embarrassing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Damn, 70 in 3 zones? I'm not sure we played the same TBC since I completely finished every single quest in all the zones and got 70 halfway through Netherstorm.
    Yeah, because you run dungeons in each zone before starting quests to maximize rep so you get a couple levels that way as well. Also I was a healer in TBC originally... so I may have run more dungeons than average lol.

What i linked talked about economy in MMO's and their importance. You have made so many blanket statements now that i honestly cant even keep up anymore.
    Just so many assumptions without any actual proof to back it up
    I have 16 years of the game being played backing me up on how little WoWs economy affects anything at all in the game, where you dont have a single bit of data involving WoW backing you up. A player having 100 million gold has no impact on a player having 10k gold, players will buy things they require as needed and poorer players have no issues at all getting everything they need.

WoWs economy means nothing, it does not affect a players gameplay in the slightest.

?????????????? We aren't arguing whether or not it would happen. You said it would be a bad economy and that's nonsense. You even agree it would be a utopia which is literally good. You don't what the fuck you're talking about. Who cares if gold is worthless if everyone can afford everything.

Stop talking you're embarrassing yourself.
    Nah i'm not you are simply not understanding what i'm saying.

In a real world it would be a utopia. A utopia means two things, you should start by looking that up.

However this is a game. And a game with a pointless economy is not a utopia.

With your reasoning we might aswell have free gear and so on aswell because free shit is good

- - - Updated - - -

I have 16 years of the game being played backing me up on how little WoWs economy affects anything at all in the game, where you dont have a single bit of data involving WoW backing you up. A player having 100 million gold has no impact on a player having 10k gold, players will buy things they require as needed and poorer players have no issues at all getting everything they need.

WoWs economy means nothing, it does not affect a players gameplay in the slightest.
    We all have that. its not an argument