Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Yeah, because you run dungeons in each zone before starting quests to maximize rep so you get a couple levels that way as well. Also I was a healer in TBC originally... so I may have run more dungeons than average lol.
    That "Yeah, because you run dungeons in each zone before starting quests to maximize rep so you get a couple levels that way as well." sounds very much like a meta that came from pservers long after original TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    We all have that. its not an argument
    You dont have an argument, the amount of gold in the system does not effect the game at all, everything is still easily obtainable without having lots of gold and players who have gold cap serveral times over dont effect the game at all either.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You dont have an argument, the amount of gold in the system does not effect the game at all, everything is still easily obtainable without having lots of gold and players who have gold cap serveral times over dont effect the game at all either.
    I do - i've linked to it. You are confusing making random statements as arguing your case.

I do - i've linked to it. You are confusing making random statements as arguing your case.
    the link you provided does not mention WoW at all and it has no relevance to WoW at all, you have been proven wrong by the simple fact that the past 16 years of playing WoW the economy means nothing in WoW and has no impact on gameplay.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBC Classic, or at least how Blizzard implemented it, is a mistake.

But the thing is, people will still go out and play it in droves despite Blizzard breaking their #NoChanges covenant with the player base. Then when Blizzard realise that their fans are all-bark-no-bite, expect a slew of further microtransactions.

If you thought you'd never see store mounts, WoW tokens, PvP to Normal realm transfers, paid name changes, paid faction changes, paid race changes, premium pets, premium armour, etc seep into WoW Classic, you've got another thing coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    It will be an even start.

Rmt ppl coudlnt dominate the market on stuff in early classic because there was no gold to buy yet. Most players who put in some effort leveld considerably faster than the bots did.

On a fresh tbc server, players would be competing against other likeminded players for mats. Sure in the end the bots will catch up and beat humans at anything, but atleast the launch and most of p1 would be dominated by players, not bots.
    Again, you had your even start 2 years ago.

The gold farmers will just speed run gold and itll be the same as it is now within three weeks of the fresh launch. The gold farms are fresh in their mind unlike it was at classic launch.

Full circle.

Then you have another case, who’s actually going to play on that server? Look at Incendius and other realms. Dead or will return to being dead.

Really, the reason why you want fresh servers is to do the AQ event cuz you missed it the first time.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

WoWs economy means nothing, it does not affect a players gameplay in the slightest.
    Uh huh. That's why guilds in the RWF spend upwards of $40,000 in WoW gold to buy BoEs for progression, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Voulzy View Post
    Within this thread we will give our constructive support for a Fresh 2.4.3 Burning Crusade server for Pre-Patch or release.

Why?

Many of us watched Classic unfold with new metas and exploits that were not wildly present or at all in Vanilla. Such events have made the server economy flux in a way that is not true to the original spirit of the game.

The popularity of Boosts and GDKPs have encouraged RMT sales and many players brag about their purchases, to sadly no punishment given.

This will result in an absurd economy that many of us wish to avoid entirely.

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=321...p-on-transfers

There will be no gold caps, meaning tens of thousands of gold will be brought into Burning Crusade.

Back in the day, this amount was unheard of. Only the elite raiders could boast 5,000g. Epic mounts were rare.

If Boosting and GDKP was all done with clean, legit gold, then only the hard earned and farmed gold would be circulated. But it is not. It is dirty RMT gold, as shown by this GDKP sword that supposedly went for ~$3,500:

Very constructive and informative videos on boosting and the damage it will cause, as well as reasons why fresh servers are necessary:

while there is the sting of the mess of current servers, a big reason people want fresh is for the new experiences, the fun ambience and new adventures.

Information We Have So Far:

"Will you open Fresh Classic server in addition to the TBC servers? There seems to be a large demand for it.

"Holly: “Great question. For our timeline for Burning Crusade Classic, we won’t be launching any fresh start servers, but I can promise you we got our eyes on that in our future and we will be discussing it once we get through a stable and successful launch with Burning Crusade Classic.”

It was not specified if this was for Fresh Vanilla or Fresh TBC. It feels like she gave an answer for Vanilla so far at this point. Will update once we get more information.

Let us be constructive and civil.

Remember! There were no RPPVP servers at the announcement of Classic as they felt there was 0 demand. Now we have two! We can do this!

NB: this is a repost from the US server, thanks to Drooler for this.
    There were 100% Boosts and GDKPs. You are making a post based on wrong info. I was in a guild that weekly we not only sold naxx slots with our mains, we did so on alts. We ran naxx about 5 times a week selling gear ect. We did it in BWL, in AQ ZG ect. MANY end game guilds were doing it in vanilla. You were possibly on some backwater server that just never had guilds good enough to do it. We sold 5man boost in dungeons as as well, I made a ton of gold clearing SM,Stocks,VC ect for people. All of this led right into BC for us where we AGAIN sold raids. I cant begin to tell you how much gold we made selling war bear runs ALONE. I would go as far as to say more people paid for War bears than actually earned them.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Uh huh. That's why guilds in the RWF spend upwards of $40,000 in WoW gold to buy BoEs for progression, right?
    Still has no impact on gameplay at all, players who raid in top guilds will still do the same and players who are casual will play the same, so how does that effect the way you play.

the link you provided does not mention WoW at all and it has no relevance to WoW at all, you have been proven wrong by the simple fact that the past 16 years of playing WoW the economy means nothing in WoW and has no impact on gameplay.
    Ok so let me state your problem:

past 16 years of playing WoW the economy means nothing in WoW and has no impact on gameplay.
    This is called an unsubstantiated claim. It means you havent argued anything - you just made a claim. This is all you have been doing so far.

The link i provided is highly relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    That "Yeah, because you run dungeons in each zone before starting quests to maximize rep so you get a couple levels that way as well." sounds very much like a meta that came from pservers long after original TBC.
    Nope, because I was 2ish months behind when TBC launched, so by the time I got there my guild had already told me to level via dungeons to honored or whatever the dungeon cap was at the time before questing in each zone. And again because I was a healer I was doing dungeons as long as there were people looking for groups. As DPS I hit 70 just starting Nagrand without dungeon spam. Before the squish and Chromie Time you would hit 68 for Northrend about 1/4 through Zangar without dungeons.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2021-06-01 at 09:30 PM.

Still has no impact on gameplay at all, players who raid in top guilds will still do the same and players who are casual will play the same, so how does that effect the way you play.
    ...what? You do know why they're buying those BoEs, right? I'll give you a hint: It has a little bit of something to do with gameplay...

Ok so let me state your problem:

This is called an unsubstantiated claim. It means you havent argued anything - you just made a claim. This is all you have been doing so far.

The link i provided is highly relevant.
    16 years of actually playing a game is evidence enough on its own, the WoWs economy has no effect of a players gameplay experience at all and that has been proven, your link has no relevance since its not based on WoW or even has a mention of it.

...what? You do know why they're buying those BoEs, right? I'll give you a hint: It has a little bit of something to do with gameplay...
    Players have been able to buy gear from the start of WoW so nothing has changed, it does not effect gameplay in the slightest, you will still play the game the same regardless of buying a few BoEs or not.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-06-01 at 09:25 PM.

16 years of actually playing a game is evidence enough on its own, the WoWs economy has no effect of a players gameplay experience at all and that has been proven, your link has no relevance since its not based on WoW or even has a mention of it.
    No - its not. Because experience in this game is something arguably most people on this forum has.

You havent proven anything mate. Literally

I might miss the mark here as it is an ongoing conversation, but from my POV, it impacts that individual, but it has literally zero impact on me or anyone I play with. I think thats where the confusion comes from, but could be wrong?

Some people spend time, others spend gold - either way, the way they play doesnt personally impact me at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Have nothing to do with meta, its people that fully want to maximize the reputation, grind it at low level or at max level, it's better to do it while you level and reach rev with the factions than waste your time at max level when you have other important things

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I might miss the mark here as it is an ongoing conversation, but from my POV, it impacts that individual, but it has literally zero impact on me or anyone I play with. I think thats where the confusion comes from, but could be wrong?

Some people spend time, others spend gold - either way, the way they play doesnt personally impact me at all.
    Gold inflation impacts the entire servers economy.

No - its not. Because experience in this game is something arguably most people on this forum has.

You havent proven anything mate. Literally
    the origional point is no matter how much gold someone has it has no relevance on gameplay, you either buy the things you want with it or keep it, its the same way the gameplay for gold has always been.

the origional point is no matter how much gold someone has it has no relevance on gameplay, you either buy the things you want with it or keep it, its the same way the gameplay for gold has always been.
    Yes it does. Gold can buy power which unfluences gameplay.

If you arent against buying power then thats fine. But that doesnt mean it doesnt affect gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Have nothing to do with meta, its people that fully want to maximize the reputation, grind it at low level or at max level, it's better to do it while you level and reach rev with the factions than waste your time at max level when you have other important things
    Most 68-70 normal dungeons drop pre-raid bis gear anyway so meh, don't really get the rush min/max mentality people have these days.