Connecting a 5.1 system to my pc

I recently got a 5.1 surround system for my pc. I didn't really pay to much attention and thought that all the necessary cables would be on the box, but turns out it only comes with a rca to 3.5mm cable, the rest are rca to rca. Anyway, I thought "well easy I just get more rca to 3.5mm cables" but then I realized that on my board there's 1 input for the center speaker and one for the subwoofer (In total there's 1 side, 1 rear, 1 center and 1 subwoofer). So what do I use for those 2? This one? Would this other one work too?

Thank you in advance for the help

Specify the make & model of your motherboard & speaker system.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Specify the make & model of your motherboard & speaker system.
    The board is the MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max and the speakers are the Logitech z607

You can probably get some sort of external amp input for you PC for them
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Those look more like home theater than pc… you may want to return them. Or you’ll need some kinda sound card with output.
    Yes, and no. It's more of a home theater, but as I said I can plug it into my board with the right amount of rca to 3.5mm cables (the speakers even come with one of those cables), I'm just not sure if I should use mono cables/adapters for the front speaker and the subwoofer.
    Last edited by Jofe; 2021-05-30 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your motherboard is gonna have Front Speaker out, Rear Speaker out, and Center/Subwoofer out. Use 3x 3.5mm to 2 RCA splitter cables to connect those 3 outputs to the corresponding 6 inputs on the speakers.

Wait, I had a different confusion totally unrelated to the topic at hand, thanks everyone for your answers, I think I got it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also looks like it supports bluetooth, which would eliminate the need for all the adapters and junk.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    I recently got a 5.1 surround system for my pc. I didn't really pay to much attention and thought that all the necessary cables would be on the box, but turns out it only comes with a rca to 3.5mm cable, the rest are rca to rca. Anyway, I thought "well easy I just get more rca to 3.5mm cables" but then I realized that on my board there's 1 input for the center speaker and one for the subwoofer (In total there's 1 side, 1 rear, 1 center and 1 subwoofer). So what do I use for those 2? This one? Would this other one work too?

Thank you in advance for the help
    The RCA to 3.5mm cable is for S/PDIF (digital) sound output from your sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It also looks like it supports bluetooth, which would eliminate the need for all the adapters and junk.
    Bluetooth may support 5.1 sound, but the sound quality is not even close to a proper sound card with high-quality cables connecting to the speakers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orisai View Post
    The RCA to 3.5mm cable is for S/PDIF (digital) sound output from your sound card.
    I don't think Logitech Z607 has any support for accepting a S/PDIF signal, the inputs seem to be analog only.
    The included RCA to 3.5mm cable is most likely for connecting the front speakers only, Logitech probably cheaped out or didn't assume people would buy these speakers to connect to a PC.

Looks like the speakers are analogue only. You need 3 3.5mm stereo to RCA cables. Plug the RCA into the back of the subwoofer and the 3.5 mm end I to the pink, green, and blue ports on your soundcard. Modern sound cards should allow you to choose what each of those ports will do (or green for front, blue for rear and punk for subwoofer and center).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

They're wireless/bluetooth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I don't think Logitech Z607 has any support for accepting a S/PDIF signal, the inputs seem to be analog only.
    The included RCA to 3.5mm cable is most likely for connecting the front speakers only, Logitech probably cheaped out or didn't assume people would buy these speakers to connect to a PC.
    I mean, it pretty clearly shows it being used in a home space, not computer... And most 5.1 setups are the same, they assume you have a proper receiver. But at the same time, Logitech is primarily a computer company. It's sort of like saying BMW made computer speakers and car people are like "This doesnt work with my car"

Either way, best bet isjust using the bluetooth how it was intended, rather than jimmy-ing some RCA-3.5mm mess.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

3x 3.5mm jack to Stereo RCA are all you need.

Your Z607 system has a single RCA connector (marked as DVD/5.1) for each channel - Front Left, Front Right, Rear Left, Rear Right, Center and Subwoofer.

Your motherboard audio outputs include specific 3.5mm ports, pairing Front Left/Front Right, Rear Left/Rear Right, and Center/Subwoofer. Software for your sound card should allow you to test each individual channel, so that you can ensure you have the right output connected (mostly for the sub/center).

5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7