Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    And the people crying in their towels WILL reveal themselves for the thin-skinned wimps they are... just like you did.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This is rich. You're whining about people being insulting and misogynist, but then you refer to him as "kid". You deserve every ounce of shit that gets flung back at you if that is your take on things.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I have been insulted for being a guy, I have been compared to animals, told I am all sorts of things, including all the things they did with my mom last night, how much of a faggot I am, hell, I have been insulted for being a cat person...... thousands of times over my time in gaming alone, and I really just don't give much of a fuck what some idiots on the internet think about me. The fact that you crumple up after 70 or so of them means you're weak, you need a thicker skin, you need to grow up, or you need to stay off the fucking god damned internet. Period!!
    When did I say I crumpled up? What, you need to put words in my mouth to prove a point, and you lash out about someone getting sick of being treated like shit, yet I'm the sensitive one?

    It's awfully great that you've never had to experience what it's like to be creeped on, jeered and harassed purely because of the tone of your voice to the point where actually playing any kind of competitive game is kind of out of the question without a premade.

    If your idea of an acceptable community is a group of rampaging hormonal manchildren who harass, grief and doxx people without repercussion purely for liking a hobby, then that's really more saying something about you than saying something about anyone else. I'm a person who thinks that basic human respect should be a thing on any platform, in person or on the internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    At some point you need to realize that it's not just you. You're not unique in this, you're not some special unicorn that everyone is rushing out to harass. You're not the first person on Earth hearing it for "the 70th time".

    It's pretty much all of us, all the time, especially in genres like shooters and MOBAs. The sooner you come to terms with the fact that it's a pretty universal thing, the sooner you'll realize that you can just deal with them the same way every other person has been doing for ages. Block, report, move on.
    This argument kind of loses its value when you realize that people will track you across the internet and harass you specifically for being a woman. I mean sure, dude-to-dude doxxing and stalking also happens, but don't pretend it's even half as common.
    If you reply to me with a full essay I'm probably not going to bother reading it, sorry.

  2. #422
    Pit Lord Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    You probably performed poorly, so you got called out. I really doubt anyone would be calling you names if you wrecked the opposite team.
    the games hadn't even started, we were in the spawn picking heroes... i just said hello on voice chat and guy goes "girl play dps go next..."...

    the other picture is when waiting for the match to start on eichenwald...

    and then this... after they were screaming how i should suck their dicks on voice and i left voice...



    because i wouldn't switch to mercy...
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 2021-08-18 at 06:14 AM.

  3. #423
    I remember the last time ignorance offended me.

    Grade 6 I think.

    The nannies crying about hurtful words, are hurling hurtful words at their opponents. It's like firearm abolitionists tackling the gun industry while armed with assault weapons.

    Grow up boys and girls.

    We've truly reached a golden age of peace and civility, where words are tantamount to violence and the concept of discourse has died.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    snip
    Real talk, why you letting these soft boys work you up? Ain't you stronger than that?
    Beware the indigenous, crippled libertarian!
    Thanks for the ad-hominem, it supports your inability to support your argument.

  4. #424
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    4 people reported 2 weeks ago for making misogynist statements... no confirmation of any actions taken when logging in today... what a fucking joke this is... they need to stop using automatized reporting systems and actually check reports...
    They will never give you confirmation if they take action or not. Report things if you feel you should and let it go. Don't let some random idiot further ruin your day as you ponder over what will happen to them. I guarantee you they aren't giving you or anybody else they were potentially rude to a second thought. Don't let strangers have the power to alter your mood or peace of mind.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  5. #425
    Pit Lord Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    They will never give you confirmation if they take action or not.
    yes they do...

    you get like this popping up when you log in when they do it...


  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    the games hadn't even started, we were in the spawn picking heroes... i just said hello on voice chat and guy goes "girl play dps go next..."...

    the other picture is when waiting for the match to start on eichenwald...

    and then this... after they were screaming how i should suck their dicks on voice and i left voice...



    because i wouldn't switch to mercy...
    Oof, ok then. Kinda glad I don't play the game if it's such toxic cesspool.

  7. #427
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    When did I say I crumpled up?
    (I know you're not going to admit it outright, but you don't enter a discussion with this position and have it not be strongly implied)

    What, you need to put words in my mouth to prove a point, and you lash out about someone getting sick of being treated like shit, yet I'm the sensitive one?
    (I don't have to put words in your mouth, because you are about to admit to it and prove everything I said was right. Annnnnd go!!)

    It's awfully great that you've never had to experience what it's like to be creeped on, jeered and harassed purely because of the tone of your voice to the point where actually playing any kind of competitive game is kind of out of the question without a premade.
    (This is a very bold assumption to make about someone you know jack shit about. You know what they say when you make assumptions. You make an ass out of you and someone named "Umption", which really has nothing to do with me, at all. I'd be interested in seeing your incontrovertible evidence that none of this has ever happened to me... or worse, like doxxing, black-balling, false accusations, and threats being made toward my kid. You would lose your shit if any of these things happened to you, while droning on about edgy people making dark commentary to you like telling you to get your ass back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich. THAT is not on the same level as what I faced, and yet, I'm not the one whining about ill-humored comments. Waah!! >

    If your idea of an acceptable community is a group of rampaging hormonal manchildren who harass, grief and doxx people without repercussion purely for liking a hobby, then that's really more saying something about you than saying something about anyone else. I'm a person who thinks that basic human respect should be a thing on any platform, in person or on the internet.
    (this comment made me chuckle. It's not so much that I think it is ok, or normal, but more that it is. Any time you get offended by something though, and think that you will have any kind of real result from it that includes changing everyone else's behavior, that is doomed to fail at the inception. That said though, respect that is given is not respect at all. Respect is earned. I got to look a man in the face after he doxxed me, and threatened to harm my daughter. That shit's a crime, and the way this all went down is, I reported the incident to the police, it went up to the FBI, since it was interstate, and this fucker tried to SWAT me, which informed the FBI to trace the call, and they arrested his ass. THAT'S A REAL FUCKING PROBLEM!! And I refuse to look at ill-mannered comments made by edgy 12 year olds as if they are even remotely the same god damned thing.)

    This argument kind of loses its value when you realize that people will track you across the internet and harass you specifically for being a woman. I mean sure, dude-to-dude doxxing and stalking also happens, but don't pretend it's even half as common.
    (Interesting that you say that, because my issue was initiated by a woman and she opted to do her business by proxy. So, I am still not convinced you know what true harassment is. The kind of shit that is comments and insults, I've heard them a thousand times over, and just don't care. If your issue is criminal, contact the authorities. If it's guys insulting you, slut-shaming you, or any other insult they think will get a rise out of you, and you know it's bullshit, don't let it bother you. If it does bother you, that might have something to do with the fact that you are either guilty as charged, or just really weak-minded and easily hurt. Either way, that's a YOU problem.)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    yes they do...

    you get like this popping up when you log in when they do it...

    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

    Second fucking paragraph: "While we can't provide specific details about account penalties, your recent reports... blah blah blah, who gives a shit. This is their way of making you feel better because omg, they did something, yay!! And you were gullible enough to believe them. It's a marketing ploy. If they look like they did nothing, you'll leave, and they can't have that. While the idea of the customer always being right is a thing, it tends to be a lot less of a thing when dealing with anonymous people in a competitive atmosphere where people do actually report people for corpse-camping in pvp settings, which actually doesn't violate the rules. But do you think they will tell you that? Hell no. I had one of my character name reported for violation of their hate speech guidelines... the name in questions was: "Draconegra", This name literally translates out to be "Black Dragon", and was a darker skin-toned hunter wearing an early tier classic mog from Blackwing Lair that had a dragon-like helm. But Oh noes, it has the N-word in it.... no it fucking didn't!! In the end, I got to keep it, but not before going 3 rounds with customer service about it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Wheelchair Casino View Post
    I remember the last time ignorance offended me.

    Grade 6 I think.

    The nannies crying about hurtful words, are hurling hurtful words at their opponents. It's like firearm abolitionists tackling the gun industry while armed with assault weapons.

    Grow up boys and girls.

    We've truly reached a golden age of peace and civility, where words are tantamount to violence and the concept of discourse has died.

    - - - Updated - - -
    Tell me about it....

    Real talk, why you letting these soft boys work you up? Ain't you stronger than that?
    Schroedinger's Feminists, I suspect.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    (I know you're not going to admit it outright, but you don't enter a discussion with this position and have it not be strongly implied)
    If you're just going to assume what I'm saying instead of, you know, actually reading what I'm saying then you're a waste of time and reading effort.

    Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    (Interesting that you say that, because my issue was initiated by a woman and she opted to do her business by proxy. So, I am still not convinced you know what true harassment is. The kind of shit that is comments and insults, I've heard them a thousand times over, and just don't care. If your issue is criminal, contact the authorities. If it's guys insulting you, slut-shaming you, or any other insult they think will get a rise out of you, and you know it's bullshit, don't let it bother you. If it does bother you, that might have something to do with the fact that you are either guilty as charged, or just really weak-minded and easily hurt. Either way, that's a YOU problem.)
    You do know that these things are directly connected, right? People don't start out stalking from zero, I can say from personal experience that the typical dehumanizing shitbags who ridicule women on the internet for playing video games are the same ones who end up becoming desperate doxxers who escalate it to another degree.

    Your argument has the same problem every single person makes when you're talking about this, seeming to act as if every action and emotion exists in a vacuum and that people aren't influenced by a subculture that says that harassing people because they're women is okay. Actions don't happen in a bubble, and there's a reason the competitive gaming community has such a long track record of sexual assault and harassment. If you want to deal with a problem you deal with it at the root, which is that people let this fly.

    You're free to live in your little bubble where you think the idea of belittling women and jeering at them for not hiding their gender is acceptable but the reality gives you situations like what's going on with Blizzard right now, where people are told to "shut up and stop being whiny/sensitive" until the situation boils over and becomes a giant disaster. It's a problem, and an easy enough one to fix by just forcing people to grow the fuck up and stop pretending they're in middle school.
    If you reply to me with a full essay I'm probably not going to bother reading it, sorry.

  9. #429
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    lol

    When you're looking for a video game to fix the issues in the world, you need to re-prioritize your life.
    aaah yes, the good old" something is worse somewhere, so lets not do anything"

  10. #430
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Along with a huge jump in logic and some wild assumptions.

    It's just a poor way to blame the people who suffer rather than the ones causing the suffering for no good reason but they lack the brain capacity to say something creative or not be a prick.
    Look, you can have two points of view here:
    1. You expressed the opinion, that offensiveness is percieved, meaning even a phrase not meant to be insulting can be considered offensive, because it's the perception that causes offensiveness. I agreed to that statement and thus concluded, that the only way to combat this is to change one's perception and to become rather indifferent about opinions of random people, because the problem within this form of communication lies on the percieving end, since a person on the internet can't possibly know what offends you and what not.

    2. The other point of view would be that (all) offensiveness is intentional by the speaker, thus the perception doesn't matter at all. The addressed must have perfect perception to let this point of view be true, because they must realize the intention of the speaker. This would mean, that it is impossible to be offended by a phrase without the author's intention to offend you. Which of course is highly unlikely.

    Now, let's agree that 1. is close to reality. I've covered the case of offensiveness caused by accident. What about on purpose (which is likely what let's you argue against me)? Let me ask you this: Does it really matter?
    If we agree that it's the addressed's duty to shield themselves against unintended offensiveness, what really is the difference between intentional and unintentional (on your end)? The same defense mechanisms you would use to not be offended by phrases that were not meant to offend you apply even when those phrases were intentionally spoken to get an offended reaction out of you.

    That's why I hate the word offended (which was my initial statement), and I'm glad my native language has no equal to it. Because it is purely a percieving problem. Being offended is nobody's problem except the one offended. The word has imo changed in meaning over the last decades from "being the victim of an insult" to "getting one's feelings hurt whatever way".

    Now, the better and stronger word is insulting/insulted. It's not really possible to be insulted by accident (while sharing the same cultural customs of course).
    An insult is (in my country, I know it's not that way in the US) punishable by law and insults should be punished by Blizzard as well. Which of course is not an easy task, that judges and juries struggle to do. Even worse are threats, which while harmless because unfounded (since spoken by an immature stranger) are still not something to be easily overlooked.

    In the end Blizzard should enforce it's code of conduct. Even if I don't agree on the severity of it (it doesn't just forbid insults, but also phrases that could be percieved as offensive), Blizz still wrote it down. And it is meaningless without enforcement.

  11. #431
    Reading your posts made me a misoginist thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

  12. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    Second fucking paragraph: "While we can't provide specific details about account penalties, your recent reports... blah blah blah, who gives a shit. This is their way of making you feel better because omg, they did something, yay!! And you were gullible enough to believe them. It's a marketing ploy.
    Tinfoil hat intensifies...

  13. #433
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    the games hadn't even started, we were in the spawn picking heroes... i just said hello on voice chat and guy goes "girl play dps go next..."...

    the other picture is when waiting for the match to start on eichenwald...

    and then this... after they were screaming how i should suck their dicks on voice and i left voice...



    because i wouldn't switch to mercy...
    Report and move on?

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by User517849 View Post
    Report and move on?
    Tell them you're a 12 year old boy, if sexual harassment continue you can always counter with pedos and a more serious approach to your tickets.

    As for the rest, I can't even count the amount of times I've been called bitch or been told to suck someone's dick. They are universal insults. Granted, probably none before a game has even started.

    Targeted harassment is one thing, but insults in a heated game is the price to pay for playing with randoms, regardless of age or gender. Don't expect people to not be people, we are only civilized when we are forced to.

  15. #435
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    4 people reported 2 weeks ago for making misogynist statements... no confirmation of any actions taken when logging in today... what a fucking joke this is... they need to stop using automatized reporting systems and actually check reports...
    Man I get confirmation of actions taken for practically every report I send. I sent 10 on monday for abusive chat that was sexist or homophobic and got 10 notices yesterday. Really the only times I don't seem to get notices are on players with ridiculous aim and control it really looks like they have some aim assist or some recoil reduction help.

  16. #436
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Damn, imagine being you can't say the n word.

    Oh wait you think you can. Go ahead then. Say it.
    All the N word is ridiculous and racist.
    I understand US is a new country, still looking for iys own culture.

    I will never understand why black dudes in US say the N word 3 times per paragraph and whites cant.
    Its just so out of my world...but hey. Its your country, deal with it.

    At least in Portugal where Im from, first country in the world to abolish slavery, we are pretty far away already from such poorly and ridiculous mind set.

    We have no words only for whites, or blacks, yellow or green people.
    Last edited by Hauzhi; 2021-08-18 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Stuff

  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    The only way you're going to purge people being mean to each other on the internet is to remove anonymity from the internet itself.
    You first.

  18. #438
    just don't specify your "gender", problem solved.
    Idiots will always be idiots, you can't expect Blizzard to ban every idiot on the internet

    How do they know you are a girl ? I almost only play female characters in games and I'm a guy.
    Last edited by vashe9; 2021-08-18 at 10:35 AM.

  19. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    just don't specify your "gender", problem solved.
    Idiots will always be idiots, you can't expect Blizzard to ban every idiot on the internet

    How do they know you are a girl ? I almost only play female characters in games and I'm a guy.
    Yeah you need to hide your identity in the closet and problem solved.

    Cmon people...

  20. #440
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooshie View Post
    Yeah you need to hide your identity in the closet and problem solved.

    Cmon people...
    I consider everyone a potential twat on the internet. Especially in multiplayer video games. That's why I dont play multiplayers games anymore maybe

    You don't need to "scream" your gender to be able to play an online game... do you ?

    I never asked someone his/her gender in 15 years of wow, who the hell cares. Bad players will alwaysl be bad, girls or dudes.
    Last edited by vashe9; 2021-08-18 at 10:47 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •