Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
... LastLast
  1. #521
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    You know what happens when you join a sports club, a gym class or any other group activity and start to insult your fellow participant?
    Nope. Insults happens in a lot of places, but mostly in competitive activities like football, racing or whatever, it happens and nobody cries about it(except some snowflakes like the ones around here, typical false moralists) and nobody gets punished.

    Stop thinking your feelings matter so much that the world needs to change to accommodate them.

  2. #522
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So basically women should just get over it and let incredibly sexist comments roll off their back? It's honestly posts like these that cause toxic people to get away with everything they want in Blizzard games. What a surprise that Blizzard doesn't take reports of toxic sexist comments against women seriously....
    >incredibly sexist
    >some ESL going "go back kitchen woman"
    Lol. How horrifying. How can one even sleep, knowing that such terrors lie ahead.

    And yeah, women are expected to get over it and let it roll off their backs. Everyone else who wasn't born with the genitals that implore people to coddle them does.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    Entertaining thread. I got a few pages in before I saw another post that did this.

    Makes a long winded point about what is and isn't. Then concludes by telling people to "not get their panties in a bunch."

    Tells us why misogynistic attitudes don't exist and then uses a misogynistic phrase to tell everyone to shut up about it.
    Don't get your panties in a bunch over nothing then.

  3. #523
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You're literally telling people to "grow a spine" and "stop being a pussy" in response to harassment. Yes, your mentality is toxic. It's also why Blizzard has a massive lawsuit on their hands. They refuse to do anything about harassment, especially towards women and now they're paying for it. I didn't assume anything. You're literally showing everyone here how toxic you are.
    Really not. If telling someone to grow a spine, use the tools provided to you if it's actually bothering you, and don't bother engaging someone like that is toxic then you're lost buddy.

    And yea, stop being a pussy. It's words on a screen in a game - do the above and move on. Don't know how many times I need to say it isn't worth your time but sure, whatever.

    Also, women aren't these frail creatures that can't handle being told to 'go to the kitchen.' You really think most women can't handle hearing that, or better yet have a suitable retort to the person trying to get a reaction, or just do anything else? Kinda sexist of you to assume women are so mentally weak man.

  4. #524
    In summary: performative umbrage taking to the max in this thread. Nobody with common sense actually believes anybody else here is taken aback and aghast at these piddly remarks.

  5. #525
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    I'm against misogyny but....it's amazing how many times in the last few months I've seen people use the but...like they think they will actually fool anyone into believing they actually give a damn.

    The lets not try and fix anything, just ignore it won't make anything go away
    Try acting like an adult and you'll figure it out. You're dealing with child-like mentality and you think someone else is going to solve your issues for you... how?

    Hypothetical here... you say the word "dumbo" is offensive to you and you want MMO-C to ban the word dumbo but they don't ban it so people start using dumbo all the time. In the context of the hypothetical where did the dumbo come from initially? Also it's not misogyny it's just top shelf insulting by people with kid-like intelligence and/or maturity. None of them hate women and women are not on some special platform that gives them more access to what is and isn't acceptable which is the cornerstone of equality.

    Does it suck... sure... but the more people highlight that <insert narrative> bothers them the more of a target they become because you are dealing with childish antics. You get a bunch of people banned... do you think it will stop?

  6. #526
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post
    Really not. If telling someone to grow a spine, use the tools provided to you if it's actually bothering you, and don't bother engaging someone like that is toxic then you're lost buddy.

    And yea, stop being a pussy. It's words on a screen in a game - do the above and move on. Don't know how many times I need to say it isn't worth your time but sure, whatever.

    Also, women aren't these frail creatures that can't handle being told to 'go to the kitchen.' You really think most women can't handle hearing that, or better yet have a suitable retort to the person trying to get a reaction, or just do anything else? Kinda sexist of you to assume women are so mentally weak man.
    Way to twist what I was saying. I'm saying the Blizzard doesn't give a flying fuck about harassment most of the time so saying "just report them" is such an irrelevant thing to say. Because the vast majority of the time, they will do absolutely nothing about it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Or simply, why not? When I'm playing a live service based game, I personally expect the minimum amount of customer support which allows me to use this service I paid for without insulted or harassed. Which is actually common knowledge for people who engage in an actual social life. You know what happens when you join a sports club, a gym class or any other group activity and start to insult your fellow participant? Good, thats a rhetorical question because you don't know it, usually you get warned and afterwards removed from that service. The same with cinema, bars or restaurants, in every service oriented industry you enter, you are expected to uphold to a certain code of conduct or you are removed by the owners of that establishment, club or zone because troublemakers decrease the quality of ones service.

    It should be blizzards job and part of what customers pay money for, to remove those who decrease the quality of their services through anti-social and hostile behavior.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Lets be real here, these people are just plain afraid of game companies enforcing a basic code of conduct which is already the norm in every other paid service like clubs, classes, bars, restaurants etc because they are the kind of people who very likely due to their inability to properly interact and conduct themselves in the public are socially reclusive pariahs at this point. The anonymity of online gaming and the inability of game companies to understand that providing a service also contains removing hostile and anti-social participants which decrease the quality of said service is the basic rule of keeping up your service oriented business.
    It's a Blizzard game. They rarely ever do anything about harassment in their games. They don't even do anything about it when it's their own employees being harassed. But you're right about the people in this thread saying people need to "grow a spine". Because they're afraid if something is finally done, they're the type of people that are first on the chopping block.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Nope. Insults happens in a lot of places, but mostly in competitive activities like football, racing or whatever, it happens and nobody cries about it(except some snowflakes like the ones around here, typical false moralists) and nobody gets punished.

    Stop thinking your feelings matter so much that the world needs to change to accommodate them.
    People get punished constantly for trash talking. It's called "bad sportsmanship". Saying that it doesn't happen is a lie.

  7. #527
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So basically women should just get over it and let incredibly sexist comments roll off their back? It's honestly posts like these that cause toxic people to get away with everything they want in Blizzard games. What a surprise that Blizzard doesn't take reports of toxic sexist comments against women seriously....
    I will assume you're a man from your name but if not I apologize... but let's say you are. Has anyone ever insulted you and if so what did you do about it? I've been called everything under the sun in MMO's over the years and none of it has affected me because... *drum roll* I am an adult. I realize they are childish antics by idiots and morons so I ignore it. Also yes they should let it roll off their back... are women special or something that men are told and basically let everything roll off of their backs but women should essentially get a pass and get rules put into place to avoid it? How so?

    It's a toxic comment... if you ignore it it goes away as does every childish situation but if you feed into it then they have the power. This is like psychology 101 at it's finest. Even my wife has dealt with this all of her life and she dealt with it in the Navy, she dealt with it in the private sector after the Navy and she said every. single. time. if she fought fire with fire it vanished.

    NOW... that being said... there are a lot of boys out in the world especially in gaming and a lot of them need to grow the fuck up and bring about a level of respect and try to nurture a calmer, more relaxed atmosphere but you are always going to have that one douchenozzle looking to fuck with someone. It's human nature... deal with it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post
    Really not. If telling someone to grow a spine, use the tools provided to you if it's actually bothering you, and don't bother engaging someone like that is toxic then you're lost buddy.

    And yea, stop being a pussy. It's words on a screen in a game - do the above and move on. Don't know how many times I need to say it isn't worth your time but sure, whatever.

    Also, women aren't these frail creatures that can't handle being told to 'go to the kitchen.' You really think most women can't handle hearing that, or better yet have a suitable retort to the person trying to get a reaction, or just do anything else? Kinda sexist of you to assume women are so mentally weak man.
    Exactly. Almost every game I play and voice comms has some form of mute in it... click the button, move on. Someone else says something you don't like, click the button, move on. etc. etc. etc.

    This belief system that someone else has to solve a woman's problems is so childish and if a group of girls are pushing for that they need to move beyond being girls and become adults. I think people have forgotten what an adult actually is these days.

  8. #528
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Way to twist what I was saying. I'm saying the Blizzard doesn't give a flying fuck about harassment most of the time so saying "just report them" is such an irrelevant thing to say. Because the vast majority of the time, they will do absolutely nothing about it.
    I mean we're in the forum section of the game that had to change 'gg ez' to stupid responses because that's so terrible.

    Well we care about all harassment right? So we need to end all the misandry that occurs in Blizzard games too right? This wouldn't happen to be like every other conversation about this topic where it only applies to one small portion of gamers (hint: the women) right?

    Just trying to cover my bases cause boy does this always end up being a one way street!

  9. #529
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    I will assume you're a man from your name but if not I apologize... but let's say you are. Has anyone ever insulted you and if so what did you do about it? I've been called everything under the sun in MMO's over the years and none of it has affected me because... *drum roll* I am an adult. I realize they are childish antics by idiots and morons so I ignore it. Also yes they should let it roll off their back... are women special or something that men are told and basically let everything roll off of their backs but women should essentially get a pass and get rules put into place to avoid it? How so?

    It's a toxic comment... if you ignore it it goes away as does every childish situation but if you feed into it then they have the power. This is like psychology 101 at it's finest. Even my wife has dealt with this all of her life and she dealt with it in the Navy, she dealt with it in the private sector after the Navy and she said every. single. time. if she fought fire with fire it vanished.

    NOW... that being said... there are a lot of boys out in the world especially in gaming and a lot of them need to grow the fuck up and bring about a level of respect and try to nurture a calmer, more relaxed atmosphere but you are always going to have that one douchenozzle looking to fuck with someone. It's human nature... deal with it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Exactly. Almost every game I play and voice comms has some form of mute in it... click the button, move on. Someone else says something you don't like, click the button, move on. etc. etc. etc.

    This belief system that someone else has to solve a woman's problems is so childish and if a group of girls are pushing for that they need to move beyond being girls and become adults. I think people have forgotten what an adult actually is these days.
    The more people are told to just ignore it, the more people think it's not wrong for them to do something. If you don't punish toxic behavior, then the people practicing said toxic behavior keeps doing it. Ignoring it and it goes away is not "psychology 101". That's abuser 101. The more a person gets away with being toxic the more they are emboldened.

    You can't sit idle and just ignore everything in hopes it will go away. Because that's a fallacy. Bullies don't "give up" if you ignore them. They will keep doing what they're doing because they have the mentality of "I can do this all I want with no repercussions" so they bully MORE people. The only way to stop it is to punish it and prove it's not tolerated.

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Nope. Insults happens in a lot of places, but mostly in competitive activities like football, racing or whatever, it happens and nobody cries about it(except some snowflakes like the ones around here, typical false moralists) and nobody gets punished.

    Stop thinking your feelings matter so much that the world needs to change to accommodate them.
    Yeah, no. It happens sometimes when there is a certain group dynamic where such behavior is considered non-hostile and appropriate. When I did martial arts, I would shit talk and so stupid shit with my personal friends, who I know and have a set dynamic with. In activities or scenarios where you interact with people with whom you don't share such a dynamic, engaging in behavior like that will get you kicked out. I could make fun about the italian heritage of my buddy, if I would have suddenly started to insult that guy I only met for twice a week and had nothing to do with otherwise, my trainer would have immediately kicked me out.

    The fact that you don't understand this concept kinda indicates that, no, you don't understand social interactions in real life. That sounds like what somebody would say based on hearsay, cliche or personal imagination of the boys being boys. Thats not how it works in actual civil life. Its only so widespread in online gaming, because for a long time it was dominated by social pariahs who can't do social interactions properly, thats why they withdrew themselves fully to online circles to begin with.

    Nowadays though, online gaming is a mainstream activity and companies should start to treat their services as such. And you owe me at least a thank you for explaining to you how basic social interactions and dynamics work, which you obviously to this point didn't understood.

  11. #531
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You're literally telling people to "grow a spine" and "stop being a pussy" in response to harassment.
    I mean really giving themselves away while doing so, which is the insulting part about it. like they can't even bother to be clever about it.

  12. #532
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post
    I mean we're in the forum section of the game that had to change 'gg ez' to stupid responses because that's so terrible.

    Well we care about all harassment right? So we need to end all the misandry that occurs in Blizzard games too right? This wouldn't happen to be like every other conversation about this topic where it only applies to one small portion of gamers (hint: the women) right?

    Just trying to cover my bases cause boy does this always end up being a one way street!
    Actually, yes. Misandry needs to end too. But that's not what this thread is about. I fully support you making a thread about misandry as well. But what you just posted is nothing but deflection and an attempt to derail the thread. Because based on your other comments, I don't think you care about misandry either.

  13. #533
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post




    this kind of attitude needs to go from the game... it's even worse on voice chat...
    Have you not seen anything going on at blizzard? They are plagued with that at there own work place but you want them to fix the community >.> ok lol they can't even fix themselves.

  14. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    Have you not seen anything going on at blizzard? They are plagued with that at there own work place but you want them to fix the community >.> ok lol they can't even fix themselves.
    Pretty much the point I've made a couple times too. People in this thread are saying shit like "just get over it" which is literally the kind of mentality that has landed Blizzard with a lawsuit.

  15. #535
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's a Blizzard game. They rarely ever do anything about harassment in their games. They don't even do anything about it when it's their own employees being harassed. But you're right about the people in this thread saying people need to "grow a spine". Because they're afraid if something is finally done, they're the type of people that are first on the chopping block.
    Though tbh, besides fear I could also see a genuine inability to understand how actual real life social dynamics and interactions work with many of them. Like the guy I just replied to before you. I can shit talk and throw around insults or whatever with people I know and have a functioning dynamic with, because ins this scenarios it is a joke and everyone gets the joke. I mean, with these kinds of people, its already clear that they have very poor social skills and are prone to anti-social behavior which probably already made them pariahs in real life (if they are not to socially anxious irl to actually act out that way towards people when they can't just hide behind an online tag to avoid consequences, which is very likely too), otherwise they wouldn't be that invested into engaging in that kind of behavior. And this investment actually shows that its not a joke, they mean it. Which again, many of these oldschool shit talk gamer types tend to be social pariahs who withdrew themselves into online activities with likeminded people before it became mainstream.

  16. #536
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Pretty much the point I've made a couple times too. People in this thread are saying shit like "just get over it" which is literally the kind of mentality that has landed Blizzard with a lawsuit.
    Yep i feel once blizzard fixes themselves then it will start to affect the community, though i am just speculating and kinda hoping all at once lol

  17. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Actually, yes. Misandry needs to end too. But that's not what this thread is about. I fully support you making a thread about misandry as well. But what you just posted is nothing but deflection and an attempt to derail the thread. Because based on your other comments, I don't think you care about misandry either.
    To be honest, misandry isn't really that much of an issue because it is not that widespread. Most attacks against men based on their gender identity are done by men, who use perceived or made up traits or actions perceived as femine in their gender expression to demean them, which yet again falls back to the territory of misoginy.

    Like, can you name me many honest to god misandrists online? Outside of terfs and lets be real here, the only people who like terfs are other terfs or the type of people who otherwise engages in misogynist behavior.

  18. #538
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Though tbh, besides fear I could also see a genuine inability to understand how actual real life social dynamics and interactions work with many of them. Like the guy I just replied to before you. I can shit talk and throw around insults or whatever with people I know and have a functioning dynamic with, because ins this scenarios it is a joke and everyone gets the joke. I mean, with these kinds of people, its already clear that they have very poor social skills and are prone to anti-social behavior which probably already made them pariahs in real life (if they are not to socially anxious irl to actually act out that way towards people when they can't just hide behind an online tag to avoid consequences, which is very likely too), otherwise they wouldn't be that invested into engaging in that kind of behavior. And this investment actually shows that its not a joke, they mean it. Which again, many of these oldschool shit talk gamer types tend to be social pariahs who withdrew themselves into online activities with likeminded people before it became mainstream.
    Pretty much. I will talk shit with my friends all the time because we're FRIENDS. We understand it's ribbing and trolling each other. But I won't do that to strangers. I don't know them. I don't know what is or isn't too far. I don't know where the boundaries are. But the people ranting about how people just need to get over it clearly don't interact with people every day. Or they're repressed and angry about not being allowed to be assholes to everyone on the street so they say it from the safety of a keyboard. Either way, talking shit to people you barely know is just toxic as fuck because you're super likely to cross boundaries and make people uncomfortable or offended. It's also typically through text and you can't tell tone through text which makes it way worse.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    To be honest, misandry isn't really that much of an issue because it is not that widespread. Most attacks against men based on their gender identity are done by men, who use perceived or made up traits or actions perceived as femine in their gender expression to demean them, which yet again falls back to the territory of misoginy.

    Like, can you name me many honest to god misandrists online? Outside of terfs and lets be real here, the only people who like terfs are other terfs or the type of people who otherwise engages in misogynist behavior.
    Almost every time I've been attacked solely on the fact that I'm a man has been done by women. Misandry is more common than you think in the USA. It's just considered far more socially acceptable. Just look at a lot of Twitter and old Tumblr. A prime example of a big name misandrist is Anita Sarkeesian. She's had a handful of good points but more often than not just outright attacked men and blamed everything wrong in the gaming community on men.

  19. #539
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Actually, yes. Misandry needs to end too. But that's not what this thread is about. I fully support you making a thread about misandry as well. But what you just posted is nothing but deflection and an attempt to derail the thread. Because based on your other comments, I don't think you care about misandry either.
    Not an attempt to derail at all. This conversation has happened enough times to know it basically has a formula, and honestly surprised I didn't basically get a 'misandry isn't as important' type deal. But it is relevant, since it's like I said before. Women are not these frail creatures that can't handle mean words typed in a video game. When we act like they are and we act like they need more protection, that only states women aren't the same. That they're different and need extra defense. That's what this conversation generally is, protecting those that apparently don't have the capability to deal with it themselves. Basically subtle sexism. It's not hard to unravel.

    To act like women can't use the tools provided by games-makers and online platforms, or don't have the capacity to deal with comments that are trying mostly to be edgy and get a reaction, less likely to be actually legitimate - is sad.

    And I do care - I care about both... when it's real shit, not internet fake world nonsense and typed words. And when it's happening in places that have real issues, since this entire conversation is almost a 'first world problem' incarnate.

  20. #540
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post
    Not an attempt to derail at all. This conversation has happened enough times to know it basically has a formula, and honestly surprised I didn't basically get a 'misandry isn't as important' type deal. But it is relevant, since it's like I said before. Women are not these frail creatures that can't handle mean words typed in a video game. When we act like they are and we act like they need more protection, that only states women aren't the same. That they're different and need extra defense. That's what this conversation generally is, protecting those that apparently don't have the capability to deal with it themselves. Basically subtle sexism. It's not hard to unravel.

    To act like women can't use the tools provided by games-makers and online platforms, or don't have the capacity to deal with comments that are trying mostly to be edgy and get a reaction, less likely to be actually legitimate - is sad.

    And I do care - I care about both... when it's real shit, not internet fake world nonsense and typed words. And when it's happening in places that have real issues, since this entire conversation is almost a 'first world problem' incarnate.
    It doesn't matter how strong or fragile people are. Harassment is harassment. Period. It needs to be punished so that would be harassers are shown they will not be tolerated. Doesn't matter who is being harassed. It needs to be nipped in the bud.

    The fact people have been pointing out in this thread is that the tools you point out are USELESS. Because Blizzard pretty much never does anything about it. It carries on game after game with trolls feeling like they're untouchable because Blizzard won't punish them. So saying "just report it and get over it" shows you really don't understand what this whole thread is about or you're being purposefully obtuse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •