Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyvamp View Post
    Then it's fine. As long as it's a straight white male on the receiving end.

As we all know racism and sexism aren't bidirectional.

Cause that is totally how these things work.
    But that’s exactly what they believe. They claim you can’t punch down, you can only punch up, and punching up is not only valid but it is commendable and to be encouraged “to crash the system”. The scripts are being flipped. They are becoming exactly like those they despise. Yet unfortunately they lack any sort of self awareness to see this, because they are quite literally infantile. They are children masquerading as adults. And they loooove their temper tantrums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    But that’s exactly what they believe. They claim you can’t punch down, you can only punch up, and punching up is not only valid but it is commendable and to be encouraged “to crash the system”. The scripts are being flipped. They are becoming exactly like those they despise. Yet unfortunately they lack any sort of self awareness to see this, because they are quite literally infantile. They are children masquerading as adults. And they loooove their temper tantrums.
    Who are "they", and why are "they" relevant?

Every movement has their outliers, to varying proportions; but just as the gun-toting god-hates-fags idiots aren't representative of the conservatives/right, the screaming tumblr crusaders aren't representative of the progressives/liberals/left. And the existence of either doesn't suddenly invalidate all other arguments.

Are there people who take their activism way too far? Absolutely. But that doesn't mean the issues they're active about aren't relevant, or serious, or in need of addressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post

this kind of attitude needs to go from the game... it's even worse on voice chat...
    Agree, now stop using the god damn WiFi from the kitchen and get cooking

I mean, those people are obviously wrong and assholes for acting the way they are, but what exactly do you want Blizzard to do here? Report them and they'll get banned, that's all that can be done. They aren't going to give some kind of purity test to everyone before they start playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Not sure how suggesting toxic assholes are banned is "fixing the issues in the world" but okay.
    At no point ever, would doing as the OP suggests solve anything. In fact, it would do the exact opposite. Most of the player base are young little internet trolls, acting a fool. If you ban all of them? Guess what game no longer gets updates or new content and more than likely canceled within a year?

And if EVERY game studio banned anyone who said anything remotely wrong in your views, there wouldn't be any online communities anywhere because developers aren't going to make a game that no one can play.

This boils down to the fact that if someone says something you don't like, you feel they should be put in prison or some stupid bullshit. Guess what, that isn't how life works. Someone says something you don't like?. Be a fucking adult, and handle the situation like an adult. Don't act like a fucking child and cry to someone in hopes that the person who hurt your feels with words, gets punished.

Ignore them, move on. You will live a longer, happier life. Making posts bitching and moaning about some 15-year-old kid being a misogynist isn't going to do fuck all.

Make girl and kitchen censored words.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    People talk trash when they play competitive video games. Just because someone is a woman doesn't exempt them from trash talk.
    And trash talk needs to center around the game, not the gender/race/sexual identity of another player.

People talk trash when they play competitive video games. Just because someone is a woman doesn't exempt them from trash talk.
    yes... so much trash talking... i just said hello on the voice chat and i'm met with "girl play dps, go next"... not really much room for any trash talking to be had at that point...

this kind of attitude needs to go from the game... it's even worse on voice chat...
    Atleast they make it clear how unintelligent they are.

But I agree, Blizzard need to crack down on the toxicity in Overwatch more than they are.

yes... so much trash talking... i just said hello on the voice chat and i'm met with "girl play dps, go next"... not really much room for any trash talking to be had at that point...
    That's barely legible, who cares?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    And trash talk needs to center around the game, not the gender/race/sexual identity of another player.
    Yeah, its trash talk, not to be taken seriously. People have been doing it to everyone, no one is exempt, so it's fine.

I feel like if you've played through xbox live in the 90s all of this new "harassment" is a joke by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I feel like if you've played through xbox live in the 90s all of this new "harassment" is a joke by comparison.
    How did you play xbox live in the 90s with the first xbox console came out in 2001?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    How did you play xbox live in the 90s with the first xbox console came out in 2001?
    That's how bad the harassment was it scrambled my brain. I meant 00s
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2021-05-30 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Xbox didn't exist in the 90s

Edit: NVM I was beaten to that comment

Boy. If I made a thread every time I was talked to like that online, I mean I could have my very own MMO Champion with all kinds of sub categories with all the different shit ive experienced.

Im not reducing your experiences @OP, people are assholes, but this is still the internet. IMO this is the responsibility of the publisher and Blizzard has all but shown they're more concerned with paid content.

Yeah, its trash talk, not to be taken seriously. People have been doing it to everyone, no one is exempt, so it's fine.
    But trash talk doesn't center around ridiculing men for simply being men, like it does with women. Surely you see the difference.

saying the game is lost because i'm playing dps... sure... we did lose the game... but only because he was so busy flaming me so we were playing 5v6 instead of 6v6...

the game had just started and i said hello on voice chat... then he says that...
    Sounds like he was right so my advice is step your game up rather then getting mad at some rando who can't even speak english

Dreadlord
    Imagine not being able to ignore, anything.

"Guy isnt paying for my meal based on his gender"

"cheapskate... go next"

The US really needs to purge society of this type of mindset.
    Last edited by Samuraijake; 2021-05-31 at 12:19 AM.

No. It's not. There's no reason for it. There's no reason that somebody cannot control their trash talk so that they aren't attacking people based on their gender or race or orientation. Just waving away shitty behavious as "trash talk" is part of the problem. It shouldn't be normalized and/or accepted as a byproduct of competition.